What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Problems getting FBG Daily email (1 Viewer)

Also, DomainKeys (Yahoo's pet anti-spam technology) is now installed and working on our mailing list server. I'll be interested to see how it affects our delivery rate tomorrow.
I got today's email in both yahoo and gmail. :lmao:As for the spam setting in yahoo, I've always had mine set to send "suspected spam" to the spam/bulk folder because sometimes things they think are spam are not.

Those with yahoo email need to check their spam settings. I bet some have it set to delete spam, instead of sending spam to their bulk folder. I use yahoo email and get all of mine about 7am or so EST, every single day. Not sure if there are other issues, but this might help some people.
Mine is set up not to delete spam, but yahoo still deletes these messages anyways. It is a problem with Yahoo that i have had occur with another site in the past. I have complained to their customer support but they seem to be oblivious to this problem. I also have added bryant@footballguys.com to my contact list, and have added filters to place anything from @footballguys.com and @broadcast.footballguys.com in my inbox. Still no mail from Yahoo. I do get other, actual spam messages in my bulk folder though. And I get the FBG emails at my work address just fine. Should I try resubscribing to the email list? I remember hearing a bunch of addresses got purged off the list or something? The last email I received from yahoo was about 2 weeks ago.

Since I can't get the emails from yahoo I set up a gmail account and will have gmail forward them to my yahoo account. Do all of the emails come from bryant @ footballguys or is there some others I need to have forwarded?
Yers -- they all come from bryant@footballguys.com -- that's a pretty interesting approach. Please let me know how it goes.
Thanks. I'll find out tomorrow.
If this works, that would be great... I hate logging into gmail most of the time...
I forgot to confirm my subscription to my gmail account so I will have to wait until tomorrow to find out. I did not get the email to my yahoo account.

Those with yahoo email need to check their spam settings. I bet some have it set to delete spam, instead of sending spam to their bulk folder. I use yahoo email and get all of mine about 7am or so EST, every single day. Not sure if there are other issues, but this might help some people.
Mine is set up not to delete spam, but yahoo still deletes these messages anyways. It is a problem with Yahoo that i have had occur with another site in the past. I have complained to their customer support but they seem to be oblivious to this problem. I also have added bryant@footballguys.com to my contact list, and have added filters to place anything from @footballguys.com and @broadcast.footballguys.com in my inbox. Still no mail from Yahoo. I do get other, actual spam messages in my bulk folder though. And I get the FBG emails at my work address just fine. Should I try resubscribing to the email list? I remember hearing a bunch of addresses got purged off the list or something? The last email I received from yahoo was about 2 weeks ago.
I have thought about to unsubscribe from Yahoo and re-subscribe, but until I get an email at Yahoo, I don't know what the link is...

I got the Keyshawn update yesterday but nothing today and nothing prior to the Keyshawn email.

I and my brother both have yahoo accounts,he gets the emails but I dont. Re-added my email to

the subscription list and nothing.

Since I can't get the emails from yahoo I set up a gmail account and will have gmail forward them to my yahoo account. Do all of the emails come from bryant @ footballguys or is there some others I need to have forwarded?
Yers -- they all come from bryant@footballguys.com -- that's a pretty interesting approach. Please let me know how it goes.
Thanks. I'll find out tomorrow.
If this works, that would be great... I hate logging into gmail most of the time...
I forgot to confirm my subscription to my gmail account so I will have to wait until tomorrow to find out. I did not get the email to my yahoo account.
Forwarding through gmail worked.

I'm only getting breaking news not daily updates too. My Yahoo is not set up to delete just filter to a spam folder ... but FBG's daily email is not in there.

Also, DomainKeys (Yahoo's pet anti-spam technology) is now installed and working on our mailing list server. I'll be interested to see how it affects our delivery rate tomorrow.
I got today's email in both yahoo and gmail. :own3d:As for the spam setting in yahoo, I've always had mine set to send "suspected spam" to the spam/bulk folder because sometimes things they think are spam are not.
today gmail :shrug: yahoo :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
:D I'm out of ideas about Yahoo, to be honest with y'all. We're whitelisted, we're following their best practices for bulk mail delivery, and we're using their pet anti-spam technology and they're still greymailing us. I'm reduced at this point to trying to "game" their mailservers by modifying my delivery rate to hit some shadowy threshold that they don't want me to figure out. I've got another postmaster complaint in but that has not been helpful at all in the past. Anyone with any ideas, please let me know.

:banned: I'm out of ideas about Yahoo, to be honest with y'all. We're whitelisted, we're following their best practices for bulk mail delivery, and we're using their pet anti-spam technology and they're still greymailing us. I'm reduced at this point to trying to "game" their mailservers by modifying my delivery rate to hit some shadowy threshold that they don't want me to figure out. I've got another postmaster complaint in but that has not been helpful at all in the past. Anyone with any ideas, please let me know.
I don't know if it was something you did but I received todays email directly to my yahoo account for the first time since March 29th.

I resubscribed twice over the last two weeks for Yahoo...

The first time didn't work, second time did...

So try it again..

Ckev

:thumbup: I'm out of ideas about Yahoo, to be honest with y'all. We're whitelisted, we're following their best practices for bulk mail delivery, and we're using their pet anti-spam technology and they're still greymailing us. I'm reduced at this point to trying to "game" their mailservers by modifying my delivery rate to hit some shadowy threshold that they don't want me to figure out. I've got another postmaster complaint in but that has not been helpful at all in the past. Anyone with any ideas, please let me know.
I don't know if it was something you did but I received todays email directly to my yahoo account for the first time since March 29th.
I'm still gaming their mailservers. I cut the max number of message deliveries to 4 per connection and added a couple of additional retries on delivery deferrment (at 5 minutes and 3 hours). Of course, they could change all their threshold preferences without notice at any time and we'd be right back in the hole we started in, but I'm continuing to tweak our delivery settings for the best performance I can get. Most of the info I'm working off is based on scraps of information that other list admins have been able to determine about the Yahoo spam filter.Got back another form letter from the Yahoo postmaster yesterday pointing to this page even though I told them I had already been through this process three times already and am already whitelisted and fully conforming to their posted best practices. They obviously don't care about this issue at all and are stonewalling. I wish I knew an exec or someone with some juice at Yahoo to touch base with as this is pretty silly. If any of y'all know anyone at Yahoo who might be able to help, please PM me.

I got issue #32 and 34 at Yahoo. No others. Working great at gmail.

Bumping for Zamboni.

Hey Guys,These been going out every night since the NFL Draft. If you're not receiving them and have signed up, please shoot an email to our Keith Overton at overton@footballguys.com and he can see what's up. I know several Yahoo mail users had trouble as Yahoo was blocking our mail for a bit.Thanks.J
I emailed Keith a while back ... never heard anything or saw a change. I also checked my fbg settings to make sure those were ok, and checked my yahoo email settings (spam and what-not), and I think those are ok too.I still haven't received emails in months ... what should I do about this?

complaint sent to Yahoo.
"Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care. We received your questionand the wheels of progress are in motion. A support rep will get back toyou as soon as possible."Sweet, the wheels are in motion. This should be fixed shortly!Just in case it wasn't apparent: :lmao:

huh, wouldn't you know it. I send in a complaint and then the footballguys email shows up, then yahoo is unable to open emails. yahoo down!

Well I haven't been getting any to my Yahoo account, but my GMail account gets it...

I set a filter to forward it from GMail to Yahoo... It comes to Yahoo as from bryant@footballguys.com, not my Yahoo address...

I know it is coming from GMail because when I go down to the unsubscribe section, it has my GMail address listed, not Yahoo...

complaint sent to Yahoo.
"Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care. We received your questionand the wheels of progress are in motion. A support rep will get back toyou as soon as possible."Sweet, the wheels are in motion. This should be fixed shortly!Just in case it wasn't apparent: :rolleyes:
Could you post the link to the complaint form? I was looking for one of those to post in this thread. A write in campaign couldn't hurt.

I received this email this morning from Yahoo -- I'm assuming this means that we're now officially on the whitelist. But we still had over 900 deferred Yahoo messages in the delivery queue this morning, so unless this takes a few days to filter through their system, I don't see much of a change.

Completed Probationary Review (KMMxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mail.

While we cannot fully exempt your mail server from our SpamGuard

technology, we have made appropriate changes to your mail server's IP

address in our database.

Please let us know if you still need assistance so we may assist you

further.

Your patience during this process is greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Mail.

Regards,

Ashlar

Yahoo! Customer Care

Hey Guys,

These been going out every night since the NFL Draft. If you're not receiving them and have signed up, please shoot an email to our Keith Overton at overton@footballguys.com and he can see what's up. I know several Yahoo mail users had trouble as Yahoo was blocking our mail for a bit.

Thanks.

J
I emailed Keith a while back ... never heard anything or saw a change. I also checked my fbg settings to make sure those were ok, and checked my yahoo email settings (spam and what-not), and I think those are ok too.I still haven't received emails in months ... what should I do about this?
Sorry man -- I don't see any messages from your email in my account so I guess I never got it. This thread pretty much sums up our situation sending to Yahoo mail -- it's very hit and miss, even now. We're officially on their whitelist, we're using their recommended spam protection technique for mail senders (DomainKeys), and we're complying with their best practices for bulk mailers. We even passed (double-secret) probation this morning, whatever that means. But Yahoo is still refusing to accept a lot of mail from us. They're allowing a certain number of the Updates through (exactly how many is unclear), then they start giving us back a message that says [451 Message temporarily deferred - 4.16.50]. The messages that are not delivered are set to retry at various intervals over the following couple of days. Eventually, most of them are delivered but several hundred of them fail each time we send out a mailing. That's why some mailings go completely missing, some are delayed several days, and others come through OK. If enough mailings in a row fail for the same email account, our mail server suspends the account as it appears to the mailserver that it is not a valid account. That's what had happened to your account on May 17th - your address was set to "held". I reactivated it a few minutes ago so delivery will be attempted again starting tonight.

What they're doing is de-prioritizing mail from domains that send them a lot of mail. Because they're a popular webmail provider, we have a lot of people on the mailing list who have subscribed their Yahoo accounts. So we wind up sending Yahoo a lot of mail. Much more detail on the problem is available here:

http://www.ahfx.net/weblog.php?article=107

So what I've been doing for the last four days is tweak our delivery rate settings for Yahoo to try to hit the sweetspot so that the greatest amount of mail possible is delivered in spite of their continued blocking. Of course, Yahoo doesn't want people to know what the optimal delivery rates are because it would undermine their spam prevention techniques if it were widely known. So I'm really just going on gut feel and a scrap of info here and there and experimenting.

And even if a message gets delivered to the Yahoo mail server, there are also user-specific spam filter settings and blocked lists that can still delete the message before it reaches your inbox. To make sure you don't run into trouble there, you can check these five things:

Here are some tips that might help:

1.) Check your Bulk Mail folder for our Updates. If you do find some issues in there, you can train the spam filter to not block our messages in the future by marking them as "Not Spam". I expect that this problem partially originates from people who just click the "Spam" button next to our Updates rather than just unsubscribing from the list. Having some folks marking the mails as "Not Spam" should balance this out.

2.) Make sure that Yahoo SpamGuard is set to send suspected spam to the Bulk Email folder rather than delete it entirely. That way you can at least find the missing updates in the bulk mail folder. Here's how to find your Bulk Mail folder and change your SpamGuard settings:

http://help.yahoo.com/us/tutorials/mail/mail/spamguard1.html

3.) If you can't find our updates in the Bulk Mail folder, Footballguys might be on your Blocked List. If there are any addresses that end with @ footballguys.com or @ broadcast.footballguys.com on your Blocked List, that would cause the updates to be deleted entirely from your Yahoo account without any sort of notification. If you remove our addresses from your Blocked List, you should begin to receive the updates again. Here's how to access your Blocked List:

http://help.yahoo.com/us/tutorials/mail/mail/otherspam3.html

4.) Add Joe Bryant ( bryant@footballguys.com ) as a contact in your Yahoo mail account. This places mail from Joe on your "Safe List" which allows it to be placed in your Inbox by default. Here's how to do that:

http://www.exactgraphix.com/MIG/yahoo.php

5.) Set up a couple of mail filters to tell Yahoo mail to deliver any messages from Footballguys to your inbox folder. Here are the instructions on how to set that up -- instead of entering "@about.com" as the example shows, though, enter one filter for "@footballguys.com" and a second one for "@broadcast.footballguys.com":

http://email.about.com/cs/yahoomailtips/qt/et090103.htm

Several folks in the thread have had success in setting up a Gmail account and subscribing it to the list and having it forward the Updates to their Yahoo accounts. You could try that. Or you could contact Yahoo and complain. Or you could switch to another mail provider -- I would if they weren't delivering mail that I wanted to get. But apart from that, I don't forsee any magic bullet for solving this problem.

complaint sent to Yahoo.
"Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care. We received your questionand the wheels of progress are in motion. A support rep will get back to

you as soon as possible."

Sweet, the wheels are in motion. This should be fixed shortly!

Just in case it wasn't apparent: :no:
Could you post the link to the complaint form? I was looking for one of those to post in this thread. A write in campaign couldn't hurt.
Link to the form I used.

complaint sent to Yahoo.
"Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care. We received your questionand the wheels of progress are in motion. A support rep will get back to

you as soon as possible."

Sweet, the wheels are in motion. This should be fixed shortly!

Just in case it wasn't apparent: :lmao:
Link to the form I used.
Outstanding. Thanks man! :no:

Memphis Foundry said:
gferrell20 said:
Hey Guys,These been going out every night since the NFL Draft. If you're not receiving them and have signed up, please shoot an email to our Keith Overton at overton@footballguys.com and he can see what's up. I know several Yahoo mail users had trouble as Yahoo was blocking our mail for a bit.Thanks.J
... long message ...
Thanks for all the info. I'll try a few things out and now that I'm reactivated, I'll wait and see how it goes. I may go ahead and create a GMail acct if this doesn't work.Thanks again.

Tuesday night/Wednesday morning's email just showed up at Yahoo. So I've now gotten all of this weeks emails there so far. :(

Got it for a day or two to my yahoo account and then no Saturday,Sunday or Today (Monday).

I have my subscription linked to my yahoo account,is there anyway to change the email address on record?

Go to footballguys.com and enter an email address in the newsletter subscribe box.

Got the breaking news on Meacham right away on gmail. Still waiting for it to show up at Yahoo.

Update on my "complaint" to Yahoo:

Yahoo: "Please send us a copy of the error received or full headers on the email that was sent to your bulk folder."

Me: "Where in my request for help did I say I got an error or that an email was sent to bulk? You guys are blocking emails from a trusted website and the emails are never making it to my account. Get your head out of your ### and read the full request and stop sending me cookbook replies."

Yahoo's next reply: "Thank you for contacting Yahoo. A representative will get back to you within 48 hours."

:(

Go to footballguys.com and enter an email address in the newsletter subscribe box.
Tried that. Says I'm already signed up. Still not getting them at my yahoo account.
Did you try it with a new email address? Like say a gmail address? Yahoo is working about 75% of the time for me now. Better than before, but still not quite there. gmail has been flawless.

I gave up on Yahoo ... it's a shame that something like the dailys are so screwed up ... I followed all the prescribed recipies listed and managed to get them restarted for one or two deliveries then for whatever reason they've stopped coming again ... solution .. resubscribe using my gmail account ... we'll see how that works !

I don't even remember signing up, but i seem to get one daily... here is todays:

Footballguys Daily Email - Volume 8, Issue 41 (Monday, June 4th) Inbox

Reply to all Reply to allForward Forward Print Add Joe to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?

Joe Bryant <bryant@footballguys.com>

to me

show details

6:53 am (1 hour ago)

Images are not displayed.

Display images below - Always display images from bryant@footballguys.com

Footballguys.com

Volume 8 Issue #41, June 4th, 2007

Note: Unsubscribe instructions are at the bottom of this email

Hi Folks,

Hope you're off to a great week. We've got the News and Notes you need so let's get right to it.

J

INSIDE THIS ISSUE

1. KC - QB Croyle Says He's Ready To Start

2. NYG - TE Shockey And WR Burress Skip Monday's OTAs

3. HOU - RB Gado Impressing Coach Kubiak

4. NO - WR Meachem To Have Knee Surgery

5. NYG - WR Toomer Expects To Be Ready For Training Camp

6. SEA - QB Hasselbeck Regaining Form

7. NO - Terminology Before Chemistry For Saints TE Eric Johnson

8. PIT - RB Haynes Re-signs With Steelers

9. CIN - Bengals RB Rudi Johnson Recovering From Food Poisoning

10. ATL - QB Vick's Former House Burglarized

11. DEF - CHI - Bears NT Tank Johnson Suspended 8 Games

12. DEF - SEA - Seahawks DE Kerney Ready For Minicamp

13. DEF - IND - Colts DT McFarland Still Learning System

14. DEF - DEN - DT Sam Adams Signs With Broncos

KC - QB Croyle Says He's Ready To Start

Source: Associated Press, Sports Illustrated

"I do [feel like I'm ready to start,]" Kansas City Chiefs second year quarterback Brodie Croyle said Sunday. "If you'd asked me the same question last year, I'd have probably said the same thing. But last year I wasn't. But through a whole year of learning and a whole offseason of continuing to get a little bigger, I feel like I'm ready to go."

"We've all had the same amount of reps basically the whole time," he said. "I'm going to get my shot, but at the same time I've still got to earn it."

By no means does he view the job as his to lose.

"I view it as up in the air," he said. "As long as I have the best day or the best camp or whatever, then I've got a shot at being a starter."

Croyle made several eye-catching plays during a 90-minute workout in front of about 15,000 fans on Saturday, but also misfired a couple of times.

"I've still got a long way to go," he said. "There were a lot of things Saturday I could have done better. I have a tendency to want to push the ball when I could easily have taken a checkdown. I've gotten better at that. But I've still got a long way to go. I still have the rest of (team practices) and training camp to get ready to go."

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Croyle is more optimistic than I am. I just haven't seen enough from him at this level obviously but also in college to make me think he's ready to start in the NFL. Coach Herm Edwards seems fairly intent on making this happen so we'll see soon enough. Although don't get too excited yet as I don't think the Trent Green trade is anything near a certainty any longer. Croyle could well be holding a clip board watching Green again this season.

NYG - TE Shockey And WR Burress Skip Monday's OTAs

Source: Ralph Vacchiano, NYDailyNews.com

Which brings me to today's OTA. The Big Four were again MIA – Shockey, Burress, Michael Strahan and Jim Finn. They were joined by quarterback Anthony Wright, receiver Darius Watts and rookie linebacker Zak DeOssie. Everyone else was in attendance.

Not surprising at this point. But still frustrating. For what it's worth, Manning has been downplaying this as well. He said that his timing will be fine with both receivers as they've had plenty of work together over the years.

HOU - RB Gado Impressing Coach Kubiak

Source: Carmine Pirone, HoustonTexans.com

The Texans are loaded with running backs.

"We've got six guys lined up back there, including this young guy from Notre Dame (Darius Walker) that can play," head coach Gary Kubiak said Monday. "The competition is exceptional and the work load is very even."

Clearly all six won't be on the roster when the Texans host the Chiefs Sept. 9 and it had been widely speculated that the quartet of Walker, Wali Lundy, Chris Taylor and Samkon Gado may be fighting for just one roster spot behind Ahman Green and Ron Dayne.

Since Gado is the eldest of the four, it seemed logical that he had the most ground to make up this offseason in order to keep his spot on the team. It appears he has made up the ground and perhaps more.

"I'm impressed with what he's doing on the football field," Kubiak said. "He reminds me, I told him the other day, I had Mike Anderson in Denver that had a rough year one year and then all of a sudden came back in the offseason and it was like he was possessed the way he practiced and worked.

"It was like holy smokes. You watch the kid out here practice right now and his effort on the field is incredible. He plans on getting something done. I would be very surprised if he doesn't do it."

File this one away. Praise in early June is usually pretty cheap but this wouldn't be the first time Gado surprised some folks. I'm starting to get pretty worried about Ahman Green.

NO - WR Meachem To Have Knee Surgery

Source: Matt Mosley , ESPN.com

Saints first-round draft pick Robert Meachem will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his knee Tuesday morning and will be out 3-4 weeks, sources told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley on Monday.

Earlier in the day, the Saints said the wide receiver had to have his right knee examined for a potential medial meniscus problem after he missed practices Sunday and Monday.

Head coach Sean Payton said after Monday's practice that the Saints knew about a possible minor meniscus problem before they drafted the former standout receiver out of Tennessee with the 27th pick overall.

"We backed him off yesterday and the same way this morning," Payton said.

Meachem also missed portions of rookie camp the weekend after the draft when he sprained his left ankle.

I've been saying not to worry about Meachem but I'll be honest in that I don't like this at all. This is relatively minor as far as knee surgery goes with a short rehab time in the 3-4 weeks as mentioned. Still though, I'd like to see him working hard over the next month to get in NFL shape, not rehabbing his knee. We'll obviously be watching this one very closely for you. As we wrote about last night, Devery Henderson looks to be the #2 WR after Marques Colston. He's been looking good this spring and could be poised to deliver. Terrance Copper will also see time.

NYG - WR Toomer Expects To Be Ready For Training Camp

Source: AP, ESPN.com

New York Giants WR Amani Toomer expects to be ready for training camp. Toomer, who suffered a season-ending tear of the ACL in his left knee last November, says his knee is about 70 or 80 percent healthy. "I feel real good," Toomer said. "I am trying to get back and cut. Hopefully I'll be able to do something in this little minicamp [next week], I'll be able to get out there. I am shooting for camp to be back."

This sounds like a pretty lukewarm prediction to me. Toomer is entering his 12th season and is clearly on the downhill slide after peaking in 2002 with 1343 yards receiving. He caught 1057 in 2003, 747 in 2004, 684 in 2005 and just 360 yards last season. Look for the younger guys like Sinorice Moss and Steve Smith to see more action this year opposite Plaxico Burress.

SEA - QB Hasselbeck Regaining Form

Source: Mike Sando, Tacoma Bews Tribune

Seattle Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck participated without limitation at the team's initial practice of a two-week voluntary minicamp. Hasselbeck declared his surgically repaired non-throwing shoulder a "non-issue on the field", even though, self-admittedly, his timing isn't all the way back.

We've been telling you that Hasselbeck's shoulder seemed to be ahead of schedule and it looks like he's stayed on course there. Great news for Seattle and Hasselbeck and the Seahawk receivers.

NO - Terminology Before Chemistry For Saints TE Eric Johnson

Source: Jimmy Smith, New Orleans Times-Picayune

New Orleans Saints TE Eric Johnson caught more passes from the Jugs machine than he did from QB Drew Brees at the team's recent minicamp.

"Building that kind of chemistry, you've got to be in there repping, taking reps with (Brees), catching the ball in the offseason," Johnson said. "Right now, we're not really building that chemistry because I'm trying to learn all the plays, running in the second and third group, trying to get all the lingo.

"As we go through OTAs, I'll get more of an opportunity to play with him, and hopefully in camp. All it really is reps. It's like pickup basketball. A couple of guys just have the feel, and it's going to come a lot quicker. You get that feeling of where a guy is going to go and that kind of stuff. Hopefully, it will be like that where he can feel what I'm doing, and hopefully I can know what he wants me to do."

Johnson still has work to do in order to pass TE Billy Miller for playing time when the season starts.

Don't get too worried about this just yet. Brees was quick to point out it took a little while to build chemistry with Charger TE Antonio Gates when he was in San Diego.

We think Johnson will win the starting job in New Orleans. Here's how we see all the projected stats for the Saints. http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2007/currentproj-nor.php

PIT - RB Haynes Re-signs With Steelers

Source: Scott Brown, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

The Steelers backfield got a little more crowded as the team re-signed veteran Verron Haynes.

Haynes sustained a season-ending knee injury Oct. 29 in a game against the Oakland Raiders and was released in March for salary cap reasons. He had been rehabilitating his knee at the Steelers' South Side practice facility, and his signing indicates that the team is satisfied that his knee will be strong enough for Haynes to go full speed in training camp.

With Najeh Davenport and Kevan Barlow already vying for time behind Willie Parker, Haynes makes for a pretty crowded backfield. He's been productive for Pittsburgh at times though and could reclaim his 3rd down role there if he shows his knee is healthy.

CIN - Bengals RB Rudi Johnson Recovering From Food Poisoning

Source: Mark Curnutte, Cincinnati Enquirer

Cincinnati Bengals running back Rudi Johnson did not practice with the team on Friday as he continues to recover from the effects of food poisoning.

Johnson reportedly became ill after eating food on the last day of a trip to the Dominican Republic. Be careful out there...

ATL - QB Vick's Former House Burglarized

Source: Steve Wyche, Atlanta Journal-Contsitution

The two-story, white brick house Michael Vick recently put up for sale was burglarized between May 7 and May 18, according to a police report obtained by the AJC.

"I don't think it had anything to do with possible evidence," in the dogfighting investigation, Poindexter said. "I think it was some feuding over the spoils. Some people believe that in getting ready to sell the house, Vick had promised stuff to some family members and other people felt they deserved things."

Stolen were three plasma televisions (62", 42" and 32"), two floor buffers, a wet/dry vacuum, an upright washer and dryer and a leather sofa valued at $17,550 combined. The perpetrator(s) entered the home through a back, side window, according to the police report, which indicated the "alarm was not working." There has been no arrest.

For you guys that need to know everything...

DEF - CHI - Bears NT Tank Johnson Suspended 8 Games

Source: Larry Mayer, ChicagoBears.com

The NFL on Monday suspended Bears NT Tank Johnson without pay for the first 8 games of the regular season for violating the league's personal conduct policy. In a letter to Johnson, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said that he would be prepared to reduce the suspension to the first six regular-season games if Johnson meets certain conditions. The conditions include: No further adverse involvement with law enforcement, compliance with all league requirements, including counseling, No participation in any practices or other organized team activities during the suspension.

The good news for Chicago and Johnson is that at least this is over. The team is looking at this like a 6 game suspension as they expect Johnson to meet all the requirements asked of him to reduce the punishment to 6 games.

DEF - SEA - Seahawks DE Kerney Ready For Minicamp

Source: Clare Farnsworth, Seattle Post-Intelligencer

After watching his first Seattle Seahawks minicamp last month, prized offseason acquisition DE Patrick Kerney has been cleared to participate in the team's final minicamp which starts today. "Standing and watching, that's definitely something I wasn't used to. Last time was purely precautionary," Kerney said. I think now, they're a little more comfortable with what I've been doing in the weight room and on the field at the last camp. So I think I'll definitely be able to participate in some of the team drills, if not all."

Good news for Kerney and the Seahawks.

DEF - IND - Colts DT McFarland Still Learning System

Source: John Oehser, Colts.com

Indianapolis Colts DT Anthony McFarland believes he's got a lot to learn. After a mid-season trade sent him from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to the Colts, McFarland is attending his first OTAs with the team. "Now is when you really learn and get a feel for what you're going to be doing during the season. After seven, eight, nine years in the same system, it doesn't take you as long to pick it back up," McFarland said. "But with this being my first year here, I felt like it would be advantageous for me to be here."

A veteran player saying it would be advantageous to be there learning a new system. That's a novel idea...

DEF - DEN - DT Sam Adams Signs With Broncos

Source: DenverBroncos.com

The Denver Broncos on Monday signed free-agent defensive tackle Sam Adams, Head Coach Mike Shanahan announced. As per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Adams (6-foot-3, 350 pounds) is in his 14th NFL season and joins the Broncos from Cincinnati, where he spent the 2006 campaign. A three-time Pro Bowl selection, Adams also has played for Buffalo (2003-05), Oakland (2002), Baltimore (2000-01) and Seattle (1994-99). He entered the league with the Seahawks as the eighth overall pick in the 1994 NFL Draft from Texas A&M University.

Adams is definitely at the very end of his career but unlike the Bengals, Denver thinks he still has enough gas in the tank to be a contributor.

That'll do it for today, Folks. Have a great Tuesday and we'll see you tomorrow with the update.

J

Okay, Now I've suddenly started receiving them. I'm confused, but happy. I did reenter my email in the front but it said I was already subscribed. So who knows? Give that a whirl. :hot:

You are out of ideas? How about going back to what you were doing before when I received everything? I'm a paying customer with an auction about ready to start. I'm about ready to ask for my next 2 years to be refunded because I can't receive an email with an email account that I have had forever (in internet terms). I'm not the kind guy that jumps around between services every year. I have been hanging around here since the Cheatsheet days.

I have done or tried everything is this thread on my end to help fix this issue. Obviously whatever is going on is not going to be fixed in a timely manner so a new solution is needed.

On top of this my simple request to post the daily update on the website in timely manner is completely ignored.

I'm done venting and I know Joe will happily refund my money and wish me the best if I move to a different service but it is pretty silly that it has come down to this.

You are out of ideas? How about going back to what you were doing before when I received everything? I'm a paying customer with an auction about ready to start. I'm about ready to ask for my next 2 years to be refunded because I can't receive an email with an email account that I have had forever (in internet terms). I'm not the kind guy that jumps around between services every year. I have been hanging around here since the Cheatsheet days. I have done or tried everything is this thread on my end to help fix this issue. Obviously whatever is going on is not going to be fixed in a timely manner so a new solution is needed.On top of this my simple request to post the daily update on the website in timely manner is completely ignored.I'm done venting and I know Joe will happily refund my money and wish me the best if I move to a different service but it is pretty silly that it has come down to this.
How hard would it be to create a gmail account and use that?

You are out of ideas? How about going back to what you were doing before when I received everything? I'm a paying customer with an auction about ready to start. I'm about ready to ask for my next 2 years to be refunded because I can't receive an email with an email account that I have had forever (in internet terms). I'm not the kind guy that jumps around between services every year. I have been hanging around here since the Cheatsheet days.

I have done or tried everything is this thread on my end to help fix this issue. Obviously whatever is going on is not going to be fixed in a timely manner so a new solution is needed.

On top of this my simple request to post the daily update on the website in timely manner is completely ignored.

I'm done venting and I know Joe will happily refund my money and wish me the best if I move to a different service but it is pretty silly that it has come down to this.
Seriously - Do you understand the situation? He is sending you the email. YAHOO is the one messing up. Let me give you a real world example - I give a package to UPS but UPS does not deliver it to you. Who is at fault here? Have you contacted yahoo directly?

I agree with you, but I do not know what else I can do to compel Yahoo to deliver the emails to you, and I have no ETA on any solution because any solution provided would be coming from the Yahoo side. If it was something I could control directly, it would already be fixed. I'm sorry if that makes you mad, but it's the truth. Yahoo is the entity that can fix this problem directly. Why the venom for us?Let me clear up another misconception that was posted earlier in this thread -- we have not changed *anything* on our side relating to our mailing list server since August 2006 when we stood up the current server. The info David posted above was not correct. We rerouted our internal Footballguys.com mail, but that in no way affects or intersects the mailing list server or the delivery of mail to our mailing lists. (Anyone doubting that can do an MX lookup on broadcast.footballguys.com and inspect the message headers of any of our Updates and verify it independently.) This is an issue that Yahoo unilaterally introduced at the end of last year. I would have reverted settings in a heartbeat if we had made any changes at all but we have not. It's maddening.

Seriously - Do you understand the situation? He is sending you the email. YAHOO is the one messing up. Let me give you a real world example - I give a package to UPS but UPS does not deliver it to you. Who is at fault here? Have you contacted yahoo directly?
No ####. If you want to "vent", Yahoo is the one it should be directed at. Their lack of support both to the sender (FBG) and the recipient (me) of the emails is troubling. I'd agree though that until the issue is fixed that the daily emails should be posted somewhere on the website.

After getting every single email, I didn't get todays. I use yahoo, and had gotten every one of them up till now.

Users who are viewing this thread