What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Project or Die: Trevor Story - The Dies Have It (2 Viewers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Relax.  He has had all of 19 games in the majors.  Expect some ups and downs.  He has legit power and should put up some SB's too.  After his hot start I figured the pitchers would catch up after seeing some film.  The big question is will he make the necessary adjustments right back to continue to produce. 

Relax.  He has had all of 19 games in the majors.  Expect some ups and downs.  He has legit power and should put up some SB's too.  After his hot start I figured the pitchers would catch up after seeing some film.  The big question is will he make the necessary adjustments right back to continue to produce. 
He's not that good. Put him in Tampa and he's still leading the league in Ks with half the homers. 

Doctor Detroit said:
He's not that good. Put him in Tampa and he's still leading the league in Ks with half the homers. 
More homers on the road than home, 5 to 3. I'm not saying he's good, just saying the power would be very similar no matter where he played.

More homers on the road than home, 5 to 3. I'm not saying he's good, just saying the power would be very similar no matter where he played.
Did you look at the ballparks he hit those homers?  :coffee:

Story is probably headed for a decent career, but he looks a lot like Joc Peterson to me.  Also he's not very good in the field, he's probably going to see a position move sooner than later. 

Did you look at the ballparks he hit those homers?  :coffee:

Story is probably headed for a decent career, but he looks a lot like Joc Peterson to me.  Also he's not very good in the field, he's probably going to see a position move sooner than later. 
Yeah, I did. People smarter than me have figured out true distance of his homers averages 417.8 feet, 14th best in the league. Out of his 9 homers, 2 were labeled "Just Enough", 4 labeled "Plenty", and 3 labeled "No Doubt". 

I don't disagree with with your opinion, I just think it's short sighted to say he wouldn't have the same power (with the same holes in his swing and glove) playing somewhere else.

Also he's not very good in the field, he's probably going to see a position move sooner than later. 
A good point, and that could be trouble since the Rockies are definitely set at 3B (Arenado) and probably set at 2B (LeMahieu + Forrest Wall) for the foreseeable future.

Still think he's pretty exciting as the Rockies' shortstop, but he needs to keep that spot.

The data available more or less backs up what I see when watching Trevor play, that he's probably something like an average fielding shortstop. Inside Edge has him at 100% (49/49) on routine plays with 90-100% expectancy, and 83% (5/6) on likely plays of 60-90% expectancy. He's had a small number of chances ranging from 0-40% probability and hasn't converted any yet. He also has a fair number of potential plays taken away from him by virtue of playing next to Arenado.

For comparison to an objectively bad fielding SS, Josh Rutledge only managed 96% on routine plays and 56% on likely plays with the Rockies. 

He's got a negative defensive WAR right now on fangraphs but positive on baseball-reference. SSS still probably applies all the way around, but I don't think he's in danger of losing his position because his fielding anytime soon. The bigger issue, of course, is whether or not he can stabilize his K rate.

Hit his 27th dinger.  On pace to become the third MLB middlefielder in history to hit for 30 hrs in his rookie year.

Users who are viewing this thread