What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Project or Die: Trevor Story - The Dies Have It (5 Viewers)

Really sucks. Next week the Rockies are playing the Rangers in Arlington. Story is from Irving and was going to have a huge crowd out there to watch him play. 

Yeah maybe he'll catch Francisco Lindor in a month. 

Currently the 17th ranked SS in roto, oof. 
Trying to figure out why I should care about what happened in April / May with this guy to give him that ranking. Fantasy is a 'what have you done for me lately' game and even with those days off, he's doing things lately.

Last 28 days, he has an OPS north of .800. He's 2nd among SS with 18 RBIs

That's rosterable in any league that doesn't ding you for Ks., which he obviously does a ton of. Hot streaks and slumps galore for this guy. Its a matter of weathering the storm when he's off.

Trying to figure out why I should care about what happened in April / May with this guy to give him that ranking. Fantasy is a 'what have you done for me lately' game and even with those days off, he's doing things lately.

That's rosterable in any league that doesn't ding you for Ks., which he obviously does a ton of. Hot streaks and slumps galore for this guy. Its a matter of weathering the storm when he's off.
I think you just post this stuff so you can argue with yourself. 

I think you just post this stuff so you can argue with yourself. 
I think you're rather narrow minded and archaic if you're looking at season long samples to determine who is worth roostering on a go forward basis.

Oh noes? Not the 17th ranked SS?!?!?!!

Because somehow the fact that he was probably about 25th a month ago doesn't matter. 

:lmao:

I guess every one of your posts is fishing now or someone has stolen the keys to your account.  Good luck with that. 

In roto, over the past 30 days, Trevor Story is 15th among SSs behind Paul DeJong, Freddie Galvis, and Orlando Arcia. 

:mellow:

:lmao:

I guess every one of your posts is fishing now or someone has stolen the keys to your account.  Good luck with that. 
Sad state of affairs when I have to question myself for ever valuing your opinion on baseball.

You really are a relic when it comes to this stuff, aren't you?

Not sure where I said he wasn't worth rostering, he obviously is based on his 85% owned rate.  I said he stinks, and he does stink.  And in a 12 team categories or points league with 3 OF and 3 utiity spots, he probably is just a borderline own at this point.  In roto he's 32nd among MIFers, so in a 12 team league he's almost startable.  But based on him blowing up these last 30 days as you pointed out, he probably is a for sure hold. 

Yeah, it's not that difficult. 

Update? 
30 days later...Story despite a six RBI game, is the 17th ranked SS in roto over that period.

11 Runs

6 HR

12 RBI

.269 OBP

.651 OPS :lmao:

2 steals

For the year he's 19th in Roto, and a year from now Brendan Rodgers will be the SS.  He's the same guy 30 days ago, 60 days ago, 120 days ago.  Even a "relic" can figure out he's just not very good.  Unless you're Freddie Galvis, then he's just a shade better. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:

lollolololololol

Last 30 days he's the 22nd ranked SS in roto, behind Tim Beckham among others. 

This year he's 19th among SSs, just ahead of Jed Gyrko and Astrubal Cabrera.  35th among MIFs, so you shouldn't have been starting him by choice after you figured out he is terrible. 

So the storm lasted all season, because he ####### sucks which I told you two months ago.  So you should care about April and May when that ends up being an April, May, June, July, August, and September thing.  YOU SHOULD CARE.  Or just roster Freddie Galvis all year because they had similar production.  :lmao:

Still can't hit on the road, a true product of Coors.

Brendan Rodgers is weeks away from being MLB ready, and Trevor Story is a -12 UZR in the field, and a 33% K guy. 

No way he's playing in MLB in 2021.  :no:

Trevor Story Home/Road splits

HOPS: 1.214

ROPS: .524

HSLG: .783

RSLG: 279

HISO: 478

RISO: 105

K%@H: 26%

K%onR: 35%

His career OPS at Coors is .948, his career road OPS is .700.  If he got traded to KC tomorrow, he'd be Alcedes Escobar with more homers and a .199 average.  He's only in the league because he plays at Coors, otherwise he'd be playing for the Duluth Thunderfire™. 

His career OPS at Coors is .948, his career road OPS is .700.  If he got traded to KC tomorrow, he'd be Alcedes Escobar with more homers and a .199 average.  He's only in the league because he plays at Coors, otherwise he'd be playing for the Duluth Thunderfire™. 
Good lord those splits are amazing. 

He isn't that good at defense.  Escobar is elite defensively.  You are giving road Story too much credit here.  hahahaha

He isn't that good at defense.  Escobar is elite defensively.  You are giving road Story too much credit here.  hahahaha
You might want to rethink that.

Since Story came into the league, fangraphs has his D at 11.9, Escobar at 14.9. Ranked 12th and 11th at SS respectively over that time. 

Baseball ref maths Story out as the better D SS and has his dWAR @ 2.8, Escobar @ 0.6

You might want to rethink that.

Since Story came into the league, fangraphs has his D at 11.9, Escobar at 14.9. Ranked 12th and 11th at SS respectively over that time. 

Baseball ref maths Story out as the better D SS and has his dWAR @ 2.8, Escobar @ 0.6
I stand corrected.  I never thought of Story as a defensive stalwart.  Good to know. 

:shrug:  then play him when he's at home. Seems simple, right?
Yeah but that’s an expensive platoon player based on his adp. He’s still fine in deeper mixed Roto leagues although SS this year is actually a lot stronger than predicted thanks to the likes of Baez, Solarte, and Simmons. I think I’d rather have Anderson and Dejong than Story also. 

The fact that this thread title hasn’t been updated might be more egregious than the regular season one suffering the same fate 

He's on pace for 30/120/20 and his BA isn't a drain.  Right now, there isn't another SS that provides the power/speed/run producing that he is.  You'll find more HRs or more SBs, but not the combo he's providing WITH RBIs.  He just came off a 6-game road trip where he raised his average 11-points.  Maybe he's figuring it out at age 25.

He's on pace for 30/120/20 and his BA isn't a drain.  Right now, there isn't another SS that provides the power/speed/run producing that he is.  You'll find more HRs or more SBs, but not the combo he's providing WITH RBIs.  He just came off a 6-game road trip where he raised his average 11-points.  Maybe he's figuring it out at age 25.
Francisco Lindor says hello

He’s striking out a lot less which is helping. Still hard to say he’s figured it out when his OPS away from Coors is 600. His home ISO is 480! That’s ? 

Users who are viewing this thread