What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Projectorguys (1 Viewer)

Looks like recent efforts to revive this thread haven’t been successful but thought I’d try one more time. My BenQ SH915 is dead and I need to replace. Because a ceiling outlet was added to mount it I’m sort of tied to a 14 foot throw distance and my 108” screen. Apparently there are not a ton of options for those specs and it looks like I will be deciding between the Epson Powerlite 1288 ($800) or Epson 2800 ($1500) which simulates 4K. Anyone want to talk me into the more expensive option or have feedback on the lower end 4K projectors? Wasn’t really looking to spend over 1k but am willing if differences are major…..

Looks like recent efforts to revive this thread haven’t been successful but thought I’d try one more time. My BenQ SH915 is dead and I need to replace. Because a ceiling outlet was added to mount it I’m sort of tied to a 14 foot throw distance and my 108” screen. Apparently there are not a ton of options for those specs and it looks like I will be deciding between the Epson Powerlite 1288 ($800) or Epson 2800 ($1500) which simulates 4K. Anyone want to talk me into the more expensive option or have feedback on the lower end 4K projectors? Wasn’t really looking to spend over 1k but am willing if differences are major…..
The BenQ tfk should be out soon that is a long throw and true 4k.

If you are ok with simulated epson 3200

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Is simulated worth double in your opinion? Big price jump. 
Sorry I was confused since you posted the 1500 one.  No I would not spend that much on those.  The 1288 is not 4k either.

Do you want a 4k projector?

If you don't want 4k.

Look at the Epson 2150

Sorry I was confused since you posted the 1500 one.  No I would not spend that much on those.  The 1288 is not 4k either.

Do you want a 4k projector?

If you don't want 4k.

Look at the Epson 2150
would be great but trying to keep to 1k or less. Don’t see a lot of availability on the Epson 2150 but will keep looking. Thanks….

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Epson 5050ub.  It's $3k MSRP, so a bit over your price range, but pretty well regarded as best in show at that price point.  For about $2k you can get the epson 4010 which has slightly worse contrast and can't do HDR at 60 fps, so not as future proof, but still excellent pq.

ETA - check out Chris Majestic on YouTube for other ideas.  He's a fun, informative watch.

3 hour lunch said:
would be great but trying to keep to 1k or less. Don’t see a lot of availability on the Epson 2150 but will keep looking. Thanks….
Oops I think the new one is 2250.  I have the 2150.  If you can control your light it's awesome because it's has a 60000:1 contrast ratio.   Get something with high contrast, it will make the picture look that much better

Users who are viewing this thread