What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Putting Willis to Baltimore in context (1 Viewer)

Which best describes the Willis McGahee to Baltimore move?

• He's really good and he's moving to a better situation. Buy!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He sucks, but he's moving to a better situation. He probably won't be able to take advantag

• He's really good, but he's moving to a worse sitution. Look out.

• He sucks and he's moving to a team with a bunch of no-talent geezers on O. Sell while you can&#

• Total voters

Mungo Burrows

Footballguy
OK, opinions in the Willis to Baltimore thread(s) are all over the place, ranging from he sucks to he's great; from Baltimore's a better situation to Baltimore's offense is going to suck with or without him. Lets try to see where everybody falls on this deal.

Pick the combination you think best describes this move and it's impact. I realize there are grey areas between some of these choices, but it's my pole and these are your choices.

Discuss.

Since Brian Billick started calling the plays, the Ravens offense has looked like a much more coheive bunch. Willis is a much better back than Jamal Lewis at this stage in Lewis's career and should thrive in Baltimore.

I hope McGahee keeps his head on straight - I believe he landed in a very good situation.

JMO

A few years ago posters were discussing who the top 5 most TALENTED RB's were in the NFL....and McGahee came up in a lot of the lists with LT, Portis, Barber, Alexander and others.

I wish I could find it...

It's only 2 years later and he's only 26...he'll be fine.

A few years ago posters were discussing who the top 5 most TALENTED RB's were in the NFL....and McGahee came up in a lot of the lists with LT, Portis, Barber, Alexander and others. I wish I could find it...It's only 2 years later and he's only 26...he'll be fine.
there ought to be a 5th choice- he's average, moving to better situation, & will be somewhat better, Buyer temper your expectations!edit to add- I should have read the first post- sorry...

Last edited by a moderator:
I thik his situation overall is worse. In Buffalo he had an improving JP Losman and a real threat in Lee Evans. In Baltimore he has an over the hill McNair and nobody. While the defense is much better in Baltimore, I just dont see him posting great numbers there.

I thik his situation overall is worse. In Buffalo he had an improving JP Losman and a real threat in Lee Evans. In Baltimore he has an over the hill McNair and nobody. While the defense is much better in Baltimore, I just dont see him posting great numbers there.
:thumbup: :banned: :banned:

:thumbup: :banned: :banned:
Plus it's looking like Baltimore's OLine is getting worse with Ogden and Mulitalo gone.

There are two numbers he will do better than

5 & 6 -- his '05 and '06 TD totals

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the Baltimore defense continues to dominate, a talented RB will put up solid RB1/2 numbers. I will not hesitate to take him at the end of round 1.

I think heap and clayton are pretty good myself, plus balt should ahead or in games more than buffalo the next couple years which is good for any running back.

I voted "He Sucks. But went to a better situation"

Why I think he sucks? Because he hasn't lived up to his potential and he's brittle. Maybe somewhat of a headcase.

However, I do think he is an upgrade over Jamal and is now on a better team so he could be a decent RB#2. But I wouldn't expect much else from him. Baltimore is letting alot of key players leave and I don't think they are as good as Pittsburgh or New England at refortifying.

Users who are viewing this thread