What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB and RB's - Biggest Winners and Losers of the Off-Season (1 Viewer)

Weiner Dog

Footballguy
Winners

QB

Derek Anderson - He didn't land the "mega" deal he was pursuing, but he is the undisputed starter for a team with Braylon, Winslow and Stallworth as the top three receiving options. The re-signing of Jam Lewis and the OL staying intact further makes his job easier. Great success story for young, inspiring QB's in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers - For obvious reasons, Rodgers gets a major upgrade. I would argue that Rodgers has a better arsenal than maybe all but a handful of teams. Driver, Jennings, Jones and Lee are solid, if unspectacular. The emergence of Ryan Grant and return of the entire OL will help Rodgers make the transition from sitter to starter.

Tarvaris Jackson - This guy catches undeserved flack. He's simply been asked to manage games and that's what he's been doing. The Vikes run the ball...tt's their bread-and-butter. The addition of Berrian will help stretch the field. Rice should be able to take a big leap in his second season and Jackson will be able to make some plays to complement ADP.

Big Ben - Nothing has changed with his offense (...expect losing Faneca), but he landed a $100mm deal. You've gotta make the "winner" category with that loot.

RB

DeAngelo Williams - As of now, he's essentially the only RB on the roster. I'm sure this will change over the next 2-3 months, but there's a good chance he'll be the primary ball carrier in Week 1.

Michael Turner - Sure...landing in Denver would have been great, but a starting gig is a starting gig. I believe the Falcon WR's are under-rated and Turner should be a solid #15-#20 RB in Atlanta.

Justin Fargas - As of now, he's the #1 in OAK. Not bad for a guy who was waiver-wire flodder just 6 months ago. Fargas has amazing skills but an un-amazing skill to avoid injuries. I think Michael Bush is over-rated and Fargas will get 70%+ of the carries...assuming the Raiders don't sign DMac. I do, however, feel bad for Fargas microscopic contract ($12mm) while Walker and Kelly inked $50mm+ deals. BTW, Fargas easily outplayed both last year.

Travis Henry - The guy is a do-do brain, but he made a smart move staying the Broncos. His only competition is Selvin Young and he's arguably the #1 RB on the best running team in the NFL. Henry could have fluffed his chest and blamed injuries, but he realized his best chance at a payday is a 1500+ yard season in '08. The guy has child-support to foot.

Losers

QB

Jon Kitna - He lost his lifeline in Martz and there's a tiny chance he could lose Roy Williams via trade. Worst yet, his OL will be much different in '08. Sprinkle in the great possibility of Kevin Jones not being ready by Week 1, and you can see that it will be tough for Kitna to repeat his Top-15 numbers over the past two years. In fact, it may be tough for Kitna to keep his job.

Jay Cutler - I think Cutler will be fine, but he did lose a nice weapon (when healthy) in Walker. The current #2 on the roster is either Stokely or newly acquired Kerry Colbert. Granted, Scheffler is a #2 receiver in his own right. If the Broncos running game was running on all cylinders, I don't think Cutler would have problems. However, Henry and/or Young are not exactly going to required 8-man fronts. Cutler may be asked to do too much too early in his career.

Jason Campbell - The Skins have already declared Campbell the '08 starter, but Campbell will be learning from a new OC...again. In fact, Campbell will have his...what...7th new OC dating back to his freshman year at Auburn?!?! Poor guy. If he could keep a mentor for longer than 365 days, we may be able to see his true talents. BTW, the Skins #1 and #2 WR's are still Moss and ARE. The big-spending Skins found no WR help in the offseason.

Vince Young - Re-signing Justin Gage and inking Alge Crumpler is not going to help the youngster. Not that the UFA market was flooded with talent, but the Titans need a bonafide #1 (...and #2 WR) on the roster.

Brady Quinn - See Derek Anderson above.

RB

Jerious Norwood - I really had hopes that Norwood could grab 200-250 carries this year. This was squashed when the Dirty Birds signed Turner. With that being said, I do think Turner will be forced to give 100-150 touches to Norwwod.

Deshaun Foster - Going from #1 RB to #2 RB behind a talent like Frank Gore. See ya.

Shaun Alexander - Sign phat contract and live the high life. Result?? No longer a starter in the NFL. Alexander will most likely get cut and re-sign into a RBBC.

Nice post. :banned:

Although when listing the"Biggest Winners and Losers of the Off-Season", Turner is the one guy who could have justifiably been listed in both categories.

One could say that Jason Campbell might be neutral. He's run the west coast offense before and he says he actually prefers it. I'd point out that they haven't added a true #2 WR yet as more the negative, but then again...cutting Brandon Lloyd would put him to almost a WINNER.

Users who are viewing this thread