What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Bryce Young, CAR (1 Viewer)

Very happy for Young. He needed help and they gave it to him in this draft. Not sure they picked the right WR, but almost anything is better than what they had last year. The RB/TE combo should really help him too.
I found it odd.
He got sacked a thousand times and hit a million times and they didn't draft linemen. I know their line was supposed to be good last year but I felt that showed an odd confidence in simply "next year will be different."
I loved the Bengals ballsy we're taking Chase and not Sewell approach and they surely pulled it off but it's like tattooed on my brain that Sewell is the smartest pick.
Years later, here the Panthers are and I can't help but think "you're not the Bengals."

Another thing- did you see him on the sideline? He definitely absorbed those hits and it affected him. If they're wrong and he has another year of hits, his career could be over like David Carr and others as he simply becomes a player with PTSD. He was a cool calm poised college QB and ....I just don't know if this was the way to go.
They signed two new guards. Ekwonu comes up 7th on the pff list (but people did think he stunk last year). Not sure drafting backup linemen helps him.
I don't know if this is good. I'd usually say PFF missed that one or some wise comment like are they even watching. I don't at all agree with his rating.
I think there's a trap with linemen that many of us (or just me 🙃) can't get past. Young ones gotta learn and struggle. New free agents are gonna have hiccups til they get acclimated etc.
Is it ok that he allowed 11 sacks because he's young and next year will be better or is he not good enough?
I don't know how to feel about his 8 sacks allowed and then only three over the final twelve- doing well with the coaching change. Is the newest new coach good for him?

The whole line stunk w penalties including him.
Not going to argue about the rating because the eye test agrees with you. That said, you're not going to draft someone to replace him in in year 3. The guards who came in via FA have to start. I just don't see where adding linemen in the draft would have made a difference relative to the skill positions that were available to add.
Count me in the camp that was really shocked to read PFF ranked him 7th. I did not think he looked at all like a starter level LT in pass protection.

Users who are viewing this thread