What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Gardner Minshew II - LV (1 Viewer)

Gardner Minshew II added to Pro Bowl

Smh

Not trying to be a hater. But. Smh
Pretty much the biggest compliment Shane Steichen can get. I truly wonder if Anthony Richardson doesn't get hurt, if the Colts don't easily win the AFC South. Minshew was managed almost perfectly this season.
Why do you expect a rookie would do well?

Minshew was fine. He always fills his role well and I appreciate that. He should get veteran backup pay whatever that rate is.
I think Richardson brings more to the offense, and I think Steichen has proved he uses players to their best abilities, both with Minshew and with Hurts, and I don't think Richardson would be different, and he likely would have improved the more experience he got.

Very small sample size admittedly, but Richardson had a slightly higher YPA and higher passer rating than Minshew, while obviously adding more to the ground game than Minshew, and he never got to play with Taylor, who likely also would have been much more effective with Richardson at the helm.

Read an article this morning on ESPN trying for forecast possible landing spots for QB's and he was pegged to Denver. That makes a lot of sense.
I’d love to see it.
Every AFC West team would love to see it too.
But rookies throw INTs and fumble and do rookie things...well that's what I was thinking anyhow

Every AFC West team would love to see it too.
I’m speaking purely as a SF shareholder in a league where I’d have 3 starting QB if that happened.

Quantity over quality. Also I could probably deal him at a significant profit this offseason considering I paid a 2025 3rd for him last off-season. 💡

As a Taylor fan and owner I was very pleased with Minshews performance this year. Er. His pro bowl performance. His 15 passing tds pro bowl performance. Should land him some coin. This pro bowl performance.

I think he gets a starting job next year somewhere
I'd be pretty surprised if he did. Feel like his best case is something like a bridge starter for a rookie (which is what it was this year until Richardson beat him out in camp) but even then, there are far more QBs than jobs with 6 rookies likely being picked in the top-40, Justin Fields and Russell Wilson (maybe even Tannehill) are miles ahead of Minshew, and guys like Rodgers, Cousins, Burrow, Watson, D. Jones and Richardson returning from IR.

I think Minshew is probably best off staying as an insurance policy in Indy, and betting on Richardson's style of play making it hard for him to stay healthy.

You don’t think he resigns with the Colts? They certainly can afford what he would cost, which isn’t bank breaking.

i would think he will at least sniff around to see if there is a better opportunity to play and/or get paid since he is definitely a backup in Indy…the pathway there is blocked with Richardson…overall I don’t see a team committing to him long term but depending on what happens with the draft and free agency he could find a better fit where he could see the field in 2024 while making more then he would in Indy.

If he wants to leave Indy, which I think would be a mistake, I’d gladly take him in Nashville. Presuming Tannehill won’t take a cheap backup contract.

He would be a good bridge guy in Minnesota if Cousins doesn't come back.
I can’t see Cousins leaving Minnesota. But that doesn’t mean he couldn’t be a backup with more pay, but I see Indy offering more money.

I can’t see Cousins leaving Minnesota
You could be right but there’s probably an even chance of him leaving for a team like Atlanta or Las Vegas.
While this isn't the Cousins thread, I can totally see Atlanta making a run at him. Not too many options out there for the new coaching regime unless they're going to make a play for Wilson or perhaps trade for Fields.

I can’t see Cousins leaving Minnesota
You could be right but there’s probably an even chance of him leaving for a team like Atlanta or Las Vegas.
While this isn't the Cousins thread, I can totally see Atlanta making a run at him. Not too many options out there for the new coaching regime unless they're going to make a play for Wilson or perhaps trade for Fields.

Sorry for another Cousins hijack but his wife is from Georgia...

Holy smokes, they gave him 2/25 with $15m guaranteed.
Interesting, but not enough to make me think they couldn't still draft a QB high.

Minshew is basically a more experienced O'Connell to me. I can't imagine going into the season with them 1/2 on the depth chart and expecting tom be playing in January.

Interesting, but not enough to make me think they couldn't still draft a QB high.
For sure, they will keep trying but coming from 13 is going to be hard and this to me is their acknowledgment of how difficult they know it will be.

Vic Tafur is saying they might have interest in adding Fields as well. That would likely confirm they gave up if they get him but this Minshew just tells me they are preparing for striking out.

That’s starter money. Wow.
That’s starter money. Wow.
not exactly, would be lowest starting salary of anyone in the league not on a rookie contract. but does seem would be highest paid backup so falls kind of in no man's land as far as salaries go.
Jacoby Brissett type backup money.
Jacoby was on a one year deal for $8.5m last year.
Good point. I guess with the bigger cap everything is gonna sound like more than it is now. I should adjust my expectations.

And this is why if you have a shot to take a rookie QB you take it...

...or you overpay for a bum like this.
Yeah, draft one of the many QB busts, but I get your point. Only this way you don’t give a bucket load of first round picks to move up for Lance or Trubisky. Better to tank a season and draft one early with your own pick.

And this is why if you have a shot to take a rookie QB you take it...

...or you overpay for a bum like this.
what did the guy sleep with your mom and then bail on her? anonymous online posters really are the toughest bunch of them all

Given that the Raiders appear true to their word about not dealing Adams, and given the high dollar they just paid Wilkins, it seems relatively safe to assume they’re trying to compete rather than tank this year.

As such, I wouldn’t be shocked if they trade for Fields, or trade up in the draft.

I think this is just a fallback move. Gardner is not a bad QB he can hold it down. He can manage the offense but this means nothing to me as to them not making a bigger move later.

I think this is just a fallback move. Gardner is not a bad QB he can hold it down. He can manage the offense but this means nothing to me as to them not making a bigger move later.

It won't stop them but I do think it is an indicator that making that move won't be easy.
13 to anywhere in the top 6 was always going to be difficult. It could also signal they like Aiden O'Connell and his skillset. The money means more or less O'Connell is going to be a backup but O'Connell's game and Minshew is similar to me.

Gardner Minshew’s contract with the Raiders is worth up to $25 million, with $15 million guaranteed.
That’s also known as starter money for the journeyman quarterback. While head coach Antonio Pierce might talk up a training camp battle between Minshew and Aidan O’Connell, Minshew is all but certain to start Week 1 for Vegas. Rotoworld’s Denny Carter has more on the signing and what it might mean for Davante Adams.
Could be the starter.

Gives them options. Including heading into the season with a competition with O’Connell. Or they can still draft a QB but they don’t need to reach. Smart move imo

Gives them options. Including heading into the season with a competition with O’Connell. Or they can still draft a QB but they don’t need to reach. Smart move imo
I agree. Options are good as long as you do not become comfortable. It gives them a starting option if all else fails. 7.5 million a year is not bad but not over the top either. He is not a long-baller for sure. He is an on-time thrower. The receivers need to be precise and the Raiders have that so it fits them. I think he pairs well with AOC. They spent a lot in free agency and have Adams who will be 32. It feels like they are going to go for it. I would be willing to gamble that a bigger move is coming.

Raiders agreed to terms with Gardner Minshew, formerly of the Colts, on a two-year contract.

As NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport notes, barring another shakeup to the Raiders’ quarterback room, Minshew will be competing with second-year passer Aidan O’Connell for the starting gig in Las Vegas. Minshew went 7-6 in his 13 games as the Colts’ starter in 2023. He threw for 3,305 yards at a 6.7 per-attempt clip. Minshew tossed 15 touchdowns and ran in another three. Though not the face of any NFL team, Minshew is one of the league’s best backups and is a fine bridge option for a rebuilding Raiders squad. His presence should prevent the passing game from bottoming out, bolstering the fantasy outlooks of Davante Adams and Jakobi Meyers. Minshew will be on the radar as QB3 in Superflex leagues, but the potential for him to start less than the full season makes him a weak bet in season-long formats.
Gardner Minshew’s contract with the Raiders is worth up to $25 million, with $15 million guaranteed.

That’s also known as starter money for the journeyman quarterback. While head coach Antonio Pierce might talk up a training camp battle between Minshew and Aidan O’Connell, Minshew is all but certain to start Week 1 for Vegas. Rotoworld’s Denny Carter has more on the signing and what it might mean for Davante Adams

- Rotoworld

Last edited:
Raiders agreed to terms with Gardner Minshew, formerly of the Colts, on a two-year contract.

As NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport notes, barring another shakeup to the Raiders’ quarterback room, Minshew will be competing with second-year passer Aidan O’Connell for the starting gig in Las Vegas. Minshew went 7-6 in his 13 games as the Colts’ starter in 2023. He threw for 3,305 yards at a 6.7 per-attempt clip. Minshew tossed 15 touchdowns and ran in another three. Though not the face of any NFL team, Minshew is one of the league’s best backups and is a fine bridge option for a rebuilding Raiders squad. His presence should prevent the passing game from bottoming out, bolstering the fantasy outlooks of Davante Adams and Jakobi Meyers. Minshew will be on the radar as QB3 in Superflex leagues, but the potential for him to start less than the full season makes him a weak bet in season-long formats.

That’s also known as starter money for the journeyman quarterback. While head coach Antonio Pierce might talk up a training camp battle between Minshew and Aidan O’Connell, Minshew is all but certain to start Week 1 for Vegas. Rotoworld’s Denny Carter has more on the signing and what it might mean for Davante Adams

- Rotoworld
I do not see how people think 7.5 million is for sure starter money. Patriots signed Brissett for 8 million for one year. I don't see either contract keeping the Raiders or the Patriots out of the QB conversation. Both contracts are okay for the players but not over the top.

- Rotoworld
I do not see how people think 7.5 million is for sure starter money. Patriots signed Brissett for 8 million for one year. I don't see either contract keeping the Raiders or the Patriots out of the QB conversation. Both contracts are okay for the players but not over the top.
It’s the 15M guaranteed that sounds like he’s likely to start.

- Rotoworld
It's 7.5 per year for two years. Still not that much.

- Rotoworld
That's only 7.5 over two years.
True, but it’s still guaranteed

Users who are viewing this thread