What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kyler Murray, ARZ (1 Viewer)

Purdy or Kyler?
I’m getting cold feet over starting Kyler.
I can pivot to Sam Howell. Purdy would be a comparable pivot. But Howell might have a little higher ceiling based on the match up.

I'm playing Howell over Kyler. Howell has put together a couple of good games and I'd rather see Murray play first. I think both have decent matchups, I'll want to see what FBGs says about that though. :shrug:

Can you start him on his first game back? I mean Really start him with confidence?
A fair amount of confidence, yes. It looks like he's had two full weeks of practice before this week. He got all the first team reps this week. The Cardinals offense has looked somewhat decent this year up to now - at least it's not like last year's dumpster fire.

I also get the feeling Kyler has a completely different approach to this year. He always seemed to be stand-offish with his teammates in the past. This year he's been like a super charged cheerleader on the sidelines. Of course that doesn't mean he's any better at watching film, but hopefully that part has changed too.

I'm quite comfortable thinking he'll be a top 12 QB this week, especially at home against the Falcons defense. If he had started last week on the road against the Browns defense, I would not have wanted to start him at all, and would have ranked him well outside the top 20.

Can you start him on his first game back? I mean Really start him with confidence?
Not ideal but I’m pretty desperate
Started the year with only Anthony Richardson on the roster, and have been riding the Bakers and the Minshews since.

Not confident in Murray in the first game back, but without a Top 6 or whatever option, I kind of don't care.

It's either lightning in a bottle or just a dude. Just a dude is what half of fantasy teams are starting at QB anyway.

I'd much rather roll the dice on Murray than fool with a Russ/Carr type.

6/13 More Cardinals? Yes, more Cardinals. You should know this about Kyler Murray. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported Murray “really engaged” with the Cardinals, notable after the infamous clause (since removed) requiring him to study game tape. The 26-year old averaged 20+ points in his first three seasons, and his fantasy playoff opponents (SF, CHI, PHI) combined to allow 10 QB rushing TDs and 32 passing TDs through the first seven weeks. He “was electric” in practice and faces a “just lost to Joshua Dobbs” Falcons team in Week 10.

From Weeks 2-8, Dobbs was the QB8. Murray will improve on that — especially when you consider that Kliff Kingsbury might have been holding Murray back. All of this being said, perhaps temper expectations this week, as Kyler is starting in a new offense after having not played live football since late 2022.

by Jacob Robinson

Started the year with only Anthony Richardson on the roster, and have been riding the Bakers and the Minshews since.

Not confident in Murray in the first game back, but without a Top 6 or whatever option, I kind of don't care.

It's either lightning in a bottle or just a dude. Just a dude is what half of fantasy teams are starting at QB anyway.

Russ is 1 of only 4 QB's averaging 2 passing TD's per game (Tua, Allen, Cousins)

Russ is 1 of only 4 QB's averaging 2 passing TD's per game (Tua, Allen, Cousins)
I could certainly be wrong on Russ and Monday looks to be a great matchup, but I'm okay accepting that risk.

Oct 1st is the last time he threw 200 yards in a game.

I could certainly be wrong on Russ and Monday looks to be a great matchup, but I'm okay accepting that risk.

Oct 1st is the last time he threw 200 yards in a game.
Russ was absolutely awful last season but has played better this season. No idea if he can get back to being a very good QB but it looks possible.

Purdy or Kyler?
I can pivot to Sam Howell. Purdy would be a comparable pivot. But Howell might have a little higher ceiling based on the match up.

I'm playing Howell over Kyler. Howell has put together a couple of good games and I'd rather see Murray play first. I think both have decent matchups, I'll want to see what FBGs says about that though. :shrug:

On a week with so many QB's on bye and injuries...hell yes. When you are choosing between him and the likes of Dobbs or Baker....

Hmmm....Dobbs may be the best of the 3 after all! Or he just may be on a mini hot streak. Dobbs has the best surrounding crew. I think Arizona has the best remaining schedule and Washington probably has the worst, including weeks 16-17 of @NYJ & SF. Howell and Kyler also have the same wk 14 bye. All that seems to point to picking up Dobbs & dropping Howell (carrying 3 QBs is not an option), but boy, that's a tough one. Need to decide by tomorrow as Dobbs will probably be gone after then.

Purdy or Kyler?

On a week with so many QB's on bye and injuries...hell yes. When you are choosing between him and the likes of Dobbs or Baker....

Hmmm....Dobbs may be the best of the 3 after all! Or he just may be on a mini hot streak. Dobbs has the best surrounding crew. I think Arizona has the best remaining schedule and Washington probably has the worst, including weeks 16-17 of @NYJ & SF. Howell and Kyler also have the same wk 14 bye. All that seems to point to picking up Dobbs & dropping Howell (carrying 3 QBs is not an option), but boy, that's a tough one. Need to decide by tomorrow as Dobbs will probably be gone after then.
I was looking at the same 3 last night. I have Mahommes but I want insurance going into the playoffs. My league has a rule that closes the waiver wire when playoffs start. Yes their have been some agonizing super bowls due to injuries.

We are not concerned with a Tune TD vulture role are we?
Who is Tune?
Back up QB who came in for a sneak on the goal line and scored. I’m assuming they would do it again given Kylers small stature. Still like what Kyler can do with his legs though, it just might not happen on QB sneaks
Agree they won't let Kyler do that move - but they could leave Murray in to hand it off. Or fake handoff and he throws a TD -- or scrambles and ends up with a rushing TD after all...?

We are not concerned with a Tune TD vulture role are we?
As a James Conner owner? Maybe? As a Kyler Murray owner? Hell no.

1. Murray is tiny, I don't want him running Hurts/Allen type sneaks.
2. Murray scored on the ground in the red zone, anyway.
3. Murray looked great, much better than I believed was possible coming into a new offense cold of a torn ACL.

Looking more and more like Murray was worth the #1 after all. Kingsbury is just another failed college coach in a long line of them.

Bears defense had 3 picks, 4 sacks and a TD on the road. Philly may be a pass funnel but can Kyler take advantage? I've seen nothing to indicate he can. I think he's a fade to outright cut at this point.

Bears defense had 3 picks, 4 sacks and a TD on the road. Philly may be a pass funnel but can Kyler take advantage? I've seen nothing to indicate he can. I think he's a fade to outright cut at this point.
Vs a guy who was watching from his couch 3 weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread