What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kyler Murray, ARZ (1 Viewer)

My own personal concern is I need him for Hurts bye week 10 and I don't want that to be his first game back.

I own a share and yes I'd like him back for that make believe team. Having said that, I don't understand what's going on. I get injuries. I've had a lot. If he is still recovering then I got it. They don't say that. He's practicing in full. Why not play him? Or have him active and be backup. Just seems weird .

That's the first mention from the coach that it could be Murray who starts. So that's good. If I'm the coach I sit him at Browns then fully unleash the following week at home against Falcons. First game back is big mentally. Get him at home against a bad team. Not on road against a good defense. Imo

Also heard an az radio clip where thsi May essentially be kyler’s call. If he says he’s good, he will play, that was how he came off the IR
Coaches: “Kyler you good?”

Kyler: “yeah man, I just pwned 65 noobs in Call of Duty Modern Warfare III with a 12:1 Kill/Death ratio.

Coaches: “No Kyler… you good to play Sunday”

Kyler: “Tune in, and you’ll see!”

I really need him this week in my deep 2 QB league. I got guys on byes and currently have Taysom Hill in my QB spot this week. :bored:

I have staked my season to Kyler Murray playing as a top 7QB ROS from week 10 onwards. Better odds of happening than a coinflip? I'm feeling bullish.

Lets watch some pointless clips of practice, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kufm2gFCTGU.

I just want to see a scramble drill already. I need these rushing yards!
I just don’t understand why they aren’t playing him if he’s supposedly healthy and ready.

Sure the browns have a good defense

Sure there season is lost

Sure he’s coming off a significant injury

But this sane scenario happens to other QBs who play

I have staked my season to Kyler Murray playing as a top 7QB ROS from week 10 onwards. Better odds of happening than a coinflip? I'm feeling bullish.

Lets watch some pointless clips of practice, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kufm2gFCTGU.

I just don’t understand why they aren’t playing him if he’s supposedly healthy and ready.

It’s gamesmanship, nothing more. He is still less than a year removed from the injury, and this is a new system for him. So when you think of it as he began practicing a new offense 10 months after injury, and could be activated after less than 11 months, it seems either on schedule or even a bit ambitious. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to see him out there as I’m pretty much tied to him and Fields.

My thought is, this is part of the ease in. They hope Murray can be their franchise QB and are giving him the optimum route to proving that. With Cards W-L not mattering, Debut Franchise QB against Browns on Road in week 9 vs Falcons at home week 10... Plus what @-jb- mentioned about the new offense sounds right too.

This late season run is just in time though for fantasy. He could be hot into the playoffs or I am dead wrong and Cards set themselves up for drafting Caleb. However Murray is super motivated for this to play out in his favor and would like to lower the odds for Cards drafting Caleb as an option.

Just makes sense to hold him till the following week at home against Atlanta. I don't know why. Just seems in Cleveland feels wrong.

Not sure why they are rushing him back.
Is it rushing though? It's 10 months today since surgery. This isn't the 90s. Every recovery is different but 7 to 10 months seems to be the new norm for ACLs.
Just surprised I guess - Murray runs quite a bit and I would think team that doesn’t have postseason shot would be super conservative.

I think Murray gets far too much criticism as a qb - think he can be in the top tier especially with his new coach.

Not sure why they are rushing him back.
Is it rushing though? It's 10 months today since surgery. This isn't the 90s. Every recovery is different but 7 to 10 months seems to be the new norm for ACLs.
Just surprised I guess - Murray runs quite a bit and I would think team that doesn’t have postseason shot would be super conservative.

I think Murray gets far too much criticism as a qb - think he can be in the top tier especially with his new coach.
Kingsbury was atrocious. Totally shrouds Kylers potential.

Another week or two probably not a bad idea to wait. it’s not just the health but the playing in / understanding of a new offense.

Let’s not forget he hasn’t had the history of being the most studious!
He's overated in my opinion. The first year he came in and ran pretty well and used that to get his deep.passes off. But once defensive coordinators figured that out and forced him to throw in the pocket he was a jag and even struggled before he got hurt. Now he's been out of football a fairly long time and he's all.of a sudden going to be fantasy relevant. Sorry, don't see it.

Another week or two probably not a bad idea to wait. it’s not just the health but the playing in / understanding of a new offense.

He's overated in my opinion. The first year he came in and ran pretty well and used that to get his deep.passes off. But once defensive coordinators figured that out and forced him to throw in the pocket he was a jag and even struggled before he got hurt. Now he's been out of football a fairly long time and he's all.of a sudden going to be fantasy relevant. Sorry, don't see it.
Um...what?

Murray steadily improved every year until year 4, where he never had Hopkins/Hollywood healthy at the same time. Even then he was QB7 PPG.

He probably won't be the player he was 2-3 years ago coming off an ACL. But there is zero reason he won't at least be better than Dobbs who is QB12 (QB19 in PPG) right now. That's pretty relevant.

Different offensive system might help

When's Conner come back? I think that would be good to have if you're Murray also to help ease him back into game shape.

Um...what?

Murray steadily improved every year until year 4, where he never had Hopkins/Hollywood healthy at the same time. Even then he was QB7 PPG.

He probably won't be the player he was 2-3 years ago coming off an ACL. But there is zero reason he won't at least be better than Dobbs who is QB12 (QB19 in PPG) right now. That's pretty relevant.
Okay. We'll see soon enough. But comparing him to Joushua Dobbs? What are your expectations for him. If you don't mind.

Um...what?

I’m not saying he got bad, but no way I’d say he “steadily improved”. His 2020 season was pretty magical and those that drafted him chasing those points the years after (myself included) were not rewarded as such.

2020: 3971 passing yards and 24 TDs, 819 rushing yards and 11 TDs

Um...what?

I’m not saying he got bad, but no way I’d say he “steadily improved”. His 2020 season was pretty magical and those that drafted him chasing those points the years after (myself included) were not rewarded as such.

As an NFL player he steadily improved. All of his passing stats were better in 2021 than in 2020. Comp %, YPG, TD/INT, hell W/L record, and PPF grade to boot. But yes, the rushing in 2020 was an outlier, still fantasy wise he was QB4 (PPG) both years.

As for my expectations for this year, I'd say low-end QB1, somewhere in the 10-15 range depending on how rusty he is, and how much he runs, but there is a chance he can exceed that if he instantly gets back to 30+ rushing yards per game (30.2 is his lowest season) I think there is a decent argument for him as the best QB in the NFC West for whatever that's worth. He'll get there a different way, but he may not be that different than someone like Goff.

From a organizational viewpoint it makes sense to see what Tune can do. The season is a loss, but there is value in finding out if Tune is JAG or maybe the second coming of that guy in Tennessee.

Um...what?

As an NFL player he steadily improved. All of his passing stats were better in 2021 than in 2020. Comp %, YPG, TD/INT, hell W/L record, and PPF grade to boot. But yes, the rushing in 2020 was an outlier, still fantasy wise he was QB4 (PPG) both years.

As for my expectations for this year, I'd say low-end QB1, somewhere in the 10-15 range depending on how rusty he is, and how much he runs, but there is a chance he can exceed that if he instantly gets back to 30+ rushing yards per game (30.2 is his lowest season) I think there is a decent argument for him as the best QB in the NFC West for whatever that's worth. He'll get there a different way, but he may not be that different than someone like Goff.
Fair enough, but he's a smallish qb and this year seems like everyone is getting hurt. Not saying he will but I'd b willing to bet that's he's not going o run like he did before, at least till he gets his confidence back. I think he's a diva. I don't like the way he acts when there's adversity. There, I said it. 😆

From a organizational viewpoint it makes sense to see what Tune can do. The season is a loss, but there is value in finding out if Tune is JAG or maybe the second coming of that guy in Tennessee.
I think it makes sense to see if Kyler Murray is your QB going forward. Give him half a season, and if not, maybe you move on (Cards currently have the #1 pick, though it's no lock they stay there with the Bears, Giants, and even Patriots well in the hunt) if Murray looks like 20-21 Murray, you use your draft picks to surround him with talent, or maybe make a Bears like trade to horde future assets.

Tune is a day 3 rookie who couldn't beat out Dobbs. I don't see any reason to run him out unless they don't think Kyler is physically ready, which their actions this week suggest is currently the case.

I'm thinking Kyler is a top-15 QB instantly, with top-10 upside. Especially with Hurts, Mahomes, and Tua or bye.

The real interesting thing to me is Hollywood (a top-10 WR last time Kyler played) and McBride (Ertz was a top-10 TE with Murray)

They're currently #1.01 in Takathon. That also includes picks 2.1, 3.1, etc. And the Texans pick is no longer top 5 or top 10, it's 1.16, so no help thanks to Stroud.

Playing Murray is the opposite of what Dolphin owner Stephen Ross wanted with coach Flores in 2019. Amirite @Ministry of Pain

They're currently #1.01 in Takathon. That also includes picks 2.1, 3.1, etc. And the Texans pick is no longer top 5 or top 10, it's 1.16, so no help thanks to Stroud.

Playing Murray is the opposite of what Dolphin owner Stephen Ross wanted with coach Flores in 2019. Amirite @Ministry of Pain
I mean there's tanking and then there's sitting a healthy Murray to play Clayton Tune. The NFL would step in like the NBA did to the Sixers.

I mean there's tanking and then there's sitting a healthy Murray to play Clayton Tune. The NFL would step in like the NBA did to the Sixers.

Like the day Philly yanked Hurts and put in Sudfeld? Like when the NFL stepped in that one?

Huh. Good luck with that. Check the staredown between the owner and commissioner.

I believe Murray wants to lift Arizona out of picking Top 1-2-3, at least get them to 4-13/5-12 down the stretch if he is slinging the football
What would Arizona do if they did land the top spot? They did this a few years back with Murray to begin with, they cannot take a QB after they invested all that $$$ '22

They could trade the #1 if they landed there, I just think Murray will push them up to a 3-4 win team, that should allow someone to else landing #1 overall, maybe Carolina.

Users who are viewing this thread