What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Patrick Mahomes II, KC (6 Viewers)

Actually dislike this guy more than Brady... A feat.

But he's cemented as the GOAT for me now. At worst, tied w Brady... But for me, already better. And many, many years to go.

One has to ask if he wraps it up early (in 3-4yrs) and sails off into the sunset a healthy man.

I was never a massive Brady fan, and consider myself the same for Mahomes...but I recognize the greatness in both. I can't call Mahomes the GOAT right now. Similar to Brady early in his career, I'm not convinced the genius of the Chiefs isn't Andy Reid and to some extent the broader staff under him. If Reid retires in the next few years, and Mahomes goes on to win another one wihtout him, or if he does like Brady and leaves KC for another team and wins one there, I'll change my tune - but Brady undoubtedly stamped his GOAT card by going to Tampa and winning another SB without Bill B. Mahomes isn't there yet - and I think Andy Reid is one of the greatest coaches of all time.
So if Mahomes went to San Fran next year and won with one of the best teams in the league, this would change your mind?

The only thing that would change my mind on Mahomes/Reid is if Mahommes got injured. If they picked up someone like Justin Fields and he won 11 or 12 games with Reid, then I would consider that maybe Reid has more of an influence then I thought.

Yeah - I think it would. That example is a little extreme, but I still think being able to win a SB under a different system/coach/team is a massive accomplishment and I think is one of the true ways to separate player impact from coach/system impact.

Tom Brady beat Mahomes and the Chiefs twice in the playoffs. With TB12 retired, that leaves Burrow as the only QB and CIN as the only team to have beaten PM and KC. IMO, the league has shown they haven’t figured out how to beat them. And I don’t see teams that are great candidates to beat them next year.

Tom Brady beat Mahomes and the Chiefs twice in the playoffs. With TB12 retired, that leaves Burrow as the only QB and CIN as the only team to have beaten PM and KC. IMO, the league has shown they haven’t figured out how to beat them. And I don’t see teams that are great candidates to beat them next year.
Yeah, and that's going to stick in his craw forever.

I heard him in an interview in the last several days and someone asked him about winning and the dynasty thing and he said something like: "Well, I couldn't beat Tom in that Super Bowl, so he will always have that on me."

That's why Tom will always be the GOAT in my opinion. Mahomes can never catch him because of that, and Pat knows it.

I don't think it makes any sense to say 'Tom beat Pat' etc.

They aren't on the field at the same time, they face entirely different sets of players and challenges. One QB beats the D of the team the other QB represents. Not exactly a guns at dawn, mano a mano showdown is it.

Anyway, 'GOAT' conversations. Personally find the whole conversation quite tedious. Have had, and will continue to endure the Messi vs Ronaldo debate for years to come and now this one as well. Can't people just enjoy the sport and achievement without the thief of joy that is comparison?

They aren't on the field at the same time, they face entirely different sets of players and challenges. One QB beats the D of the team the other QB represents. Not exactly a guns at dawn, mano a mano showdown is it.

Anyway, 'GOAT' conversations. Personally find the whole conversation quite tedious. Have had, and will continue to endure the Messi vs Ronaldo debate for years to come and now this one as well. Can't people just enjoy the sport and achievement without the thief of joy that is comparison?
Agreed. This isn't golf or tennis where it's 1 on 1. It's a team sport with a thousand other variables that are out of the control of the starting QBs. I doubt anyone holds Brady's 1-3 record against Peyton Manning in AFCCGs against him, and I don't think Mahomes' 0-2 record vs Brady should be a major factor either.

Agreed. This isn't golf or tennis where it's 1 on 1. It's a team sport with a thousand other variables that are out of the control of the starting QBs. I doubt anyone holds Brady's 1-3 record against Peyton Manning in AFCCGs against him, and I don't think Mahomes' 0-2 record vs Brady should be a major factor either.

Especially the playoff loss. First year Mahomes was starting, they went to OT, and it was still sudden death rules and the Pats won the toss. It’s one of multiple recent examples of why the OT rules have been changed because we were robbed of a potentially great ending and seeing if Mahomes and the offense could match the Pats TD.

This is one of the best FA WR classes I can remember.

I’d love to see Pittman in KC but Indy will likely keep him. Mike Evans is a legit possibility though. That would potentially be “Moss to the Pats-esque” FF production.

Gotta think KC is in the market for 1, maybe 2 FA WRs. They can’t be happy rolling it back with MVS & Mecole Hardman.

Users who are viewing this thread