What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Sam Ehlinger, IND (1 Viewer)

I'm in a 2 qb league with Mahommes on a bye. With Wentz out I need someone to go with Geno. Between Heinecke and Ehlinger I'm going with Ehlinger because of the higher upside. Hoping he goes off and I can flip him. The Colts are in second place, one game back from the Titans. They wouldn't throw Ehlinger in over Foles unless he gives them a better chance of winning. I just don't see them tossing their season when they still have a very good chance of winning the division.
Any idea what he’s worth in FAAB in these leagues?
I’m currently starting Tannehill along with Dalton, Brady or Zappe (depending how that goes) in a league where not many FAs do a whole lot for us.
I'm putting in a bid at 270, but it probably won't be enough.

His upside as a runner in SF/2QB is compelling.. In 1 QB, sorry, you should not have drafted Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Denverfeveruss

2QB/SF leagues are circling this wagon. All of them.

Tell me more about these 2000 rush yds...
He's a tough runner from what I remember watching. Can definitely take a hit, and dish one out. Texas used to run him to get tough yards in short yardage. Could conceivably vulture a TD or two from Taylor. Not super speedy like Lamar or Kyler, but no statue.

With Ehlinger, they may be able to control the ball better with a multidimensional running game at times. Defenses can't just ignore the QB if it's Ehlinger on zone reads, so it could open up lanes. Bootlegs off play-action might also be more effective with a guy who can run a little bit now. Taylor may also have a better cutback lane if the defense is forced to honor the threat of Ehlinger on the bootleg as well. Maybe less passing, but hoping to hit more big plays through the air based on an improved running game. All purely my speculation, of course.

I liked him (liked…not loved) him coming out of Texas. Seems like a possible plus version of Colt McCoy. If the running game can get moving he could surprise enough to dig Indy out of their abyss.

:moneybag: I dumped what I had left (185/200) in FAAB for him, superflex. But then my QBs are broken. The next highest bid was $70, so that was a bit of an overbid.
Fwiw, I’ve had a lot of money left over in the past few years. Somewhat deep league.

I don't know anything about him.

But there are a LOT of people that will turn him into a folk hero in one week if he shows ANYTHING at all.

Anyone needing him on their fantasy team would have to be complete desperate IMO and a waste of FAAB $$
Does this statement apply to dynasty as well? I don’t have him on a roster but on a rebuild team I wouldn’t mind rolling the dice on him. He’s stepping into a decent situation as far as skill players at least. I really don’t know much about his abilities though.

Anyone needing him on their fantasy team would have to be complete desperate IMO and a waste of FAAB $$
Does this statement apply to dynasty as well? I don’t have him on a roster but on a rebuild team I wouldn’t mind rolling the dice on him. He’s stepping into a decent situation as far as skill players at least. I really don’t know much about his abilities though.
I picked him up in dynasty where I'm a bit weak at QB. I didn't pay much and if he's awful he becomes an easy drop, so he's a low risk add if you have room IMO.

Across three different multicopy SF dynasty leagues with $100 FAAB per year:
League 1: One copy rostered, second copy won for $47
League 2: One copy won for $95, second copy won for $33 (me).
League 3: Two copies rostered, third copy won for $71

I picked him up in dynasty where I'm a bit weak at QB. I didn't pay much and if he's awful he becomes an easy drop, so he's a low risk add if you have room IMO.
I think that's the right way to go unless you're totally blowing out your FAAB budget. He's intriguing due to his rushing ability - the only guy probably more intriguing is Malik Willis, but he may only get one start and has to wait a long time until he starts (if at all). At least we know Ehlinger has an open audition for the rest of the year.

Man couldn't get him in any league, so ended up with Heinicke just for this week.

Hope this kid can provide a FF spark for you owners.

He looked ok. Obviously fantasy dud but really didn't throw up on his shoes which is all you can ask in a first start. Was expecting to see more runs. Solid C-.

Liked what I saw. Dude is strong and mobile and can throw on the run. Also threw several dimes. He fits today's NFL, except that his throwing motion is a bit windy - slows him down and makes him clunky. Looked effective nonetheless, when he had space to operate.

We'll see about his awareness and decision making, but I like his physical tools better than most NFL QBs. I'd buy in 2QB/SF.

Liked what I saw. Dude is strong and mobile and can throw on the run. Also threw several dimes. He fits today's NFL, except that his throwing motion is a bit windy - slows him down and makes him clunky. Looked effective nonetheless, when he had space to operate.

We'll see about his awareness and decision making, but I like his physical tools better than most NFL QBs. I'd buy in 2QB/SF.

Sounds like Jalen Hurts is his ceiling but he will need time to marinate. Looking forward to him hopefully keeping the offense afloat and save my sinking Taylor shares.

They win the game if Pittman's play wasn't so inconsistent or their D shows up on that last drive.

Desperately needs better play calling, but he didn't look bad in his first start. You have a mobile QB. You have one of the best RBs in the game. Play to their strengths instead of trying to fit a square block in a round hole. It seems like Reich wants to get fired.

Sam Ehlinger completed 15-of-29 attempts for 103 yards and one interception in the Colts' 26-3, Week 9 loss to the Patriots, adding five rushes for 39 yards.

The Colts were hoping that Ehlinger's mobility would help mitigate their poor offensive line play but that was not the case this week, at all. Ehlinger took a back-breaking nine sacks. He also threw a loss-sealing pick-six, although that pass skipped off of Kylen Granson's hands and was more on the tight end than the quarterback. It was a very rough outing for the second-yard quarterback, who didn't even complete a pass until less than eight minutes left in the second quarter. Ehlinger will be a weak streaming option against the Raiders in Week 11.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Colts interim coach Jeff Saturday said Sam Ehlinger will remain the team's starting quarterback.​

Ehlinger has displayed close to zero ability to move the offense or generate points through two games under center, but the Ehlinger move seemed to come from up top with owner Jim Irsay. And Saturday was hired on an interim basis to be a "yes" man for Irsay. Matt Ryan will continue to ride the bench, and the Colts will continue to field a bottom-three offense with Ehlinger.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Nov 7, 2022, 8:53 PM ET

Colts interim coach Jeff Saturday said Sam Ehlinger will remain the team's starting quarterback.​

Ehlinger has displayed close to zero ability to move the offense or generate points through two games under center, but the Ehlinger move seemed to come from up top with owner Jim Irsay. And Saturday was hired on an interim basis to be a "yes" man for Irsay. Matt Ryan will continue to ride the bench, and the Colts will continue to field a bottom-three offense with Ehlinger.
The only answer to "why" that I can come up with is that the Colts are in a clandestine tank mode to be able to draft a top QB.

The only answer to "why" that I can come up with is that the Colts are in a clandestine tank mode to be able to draft a top QB.
An obvious tank job going on here.

Ehlinger is their new Curtis Painter.

Ehlinger is their new Curtis Painter.
But with no canvas provided by the coaches.

Colts coach Jeff Saturday said Sam Ehlinger will be Nick Foles' backup in Week 16, and that Matt Ryan would be inactive.​

Ehlinger has not played since Week 9's disastrous 103-yard effort against the Patriots. Foles has in-game benching risk but Ehlinger offers little upside if he happens to get into the game. If you're in a deep enough league to still want to roster Indy's backup quarterback, that will likely be Ehlinger for the time being. The Colts seem to change their minds on their quarterback situation every other week.
SOURCE: Mike Chappell on Twitter
Dec 23, 2022, 1:26 PM ET

Colts interim head coach Jeff Saturday said Sam Ehlinger will start Week 18 against the Texans.​

Here we go again. After Nick Foles was knocked from the team's Week 17 matchup against the Giants, Ehlinger took over, throwing for 60 yards and one touchdown in the 38-10 loss. With arguably the worst quarterback situation in the league, the Colts have just one more game to go before completely overhauling their team this offseason. Even in the worst situations, nobody should be looking to start Ehlinger in their Week 18 fantasy lineups.
Jan 2, 2023, 1:29 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread