What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question about breakfast sandwiches (1 Viewer)

boom king

Footballguy
How are you supposed to eat something that doesn’t have a clear bottom/top bread? Egg on the top or bottom of the meat? Or is it all about where the cheese is located? 

How are you supposed to eat something that doesn’t have a clear bottom/top bread? Egg on the top or bottom of the meat? Or is it all about where the cheese is located? 
What does this mean?  If there is no bread, there is no sandwich.  Try a fork and knife.

If I’m using ham, I build the sandwich in the frying pan. I cook the egg, towards the end I cook the ham to the side and put the cheese on the egg and then the hot ham over the cheese to help melt it.

What does this mean?  If there is no bread, there is no sandwich.  Try a fork and knife.
 For example, it’s a biscuit breakfast sandwich. No discernible top or bottom to the sandwich. Is the egg supposed to be on the top or bottom of the meat?

I only bring this up because I think I ate a bacon egg and cheese biscuit sandwich from McDonalds, upside down. The egg was on bottom.  Then I was thinking it wasn’t a big deal cuz it was just bacon and the egg is the ‘meat’ of the sandwich so it should be on bottom. If it was sausage instead of bacon, then I really would have made a mistake. 

Then I started thinking about it and realized I never really put any thought into it. Then they started talking on the radio about the Cubs trading for Manny Machado and I got distracted till I got home. 

I only bring this up because I think I ate a bacon egg and cheese biscuit sandwich from McDonalds, upside down. The egg was on bottom.  Then I was thinking it wasn’t a big deal cuz it was just bacon and the egg is the ‘meat’ of the sandwich so it should be on bottom. If it was sausage instead of bacon, then I really would have made a mistake. 
I hope you didn’t tip

Follow up question. I’ve seen people force sneezes by looking up into the sun. I feel like it’s more of a head-tilt thing that’s helping them sneeze. 

?

Follow up question. I’ve seen people force sneezes by looking up into the sun. I feel like it’s more of a head-tilt thing that’s helping them sneeze. 

?
It's called a photic allergy, or something like that, and it is real.  I have it.  If I look at the sun (or really, any bright light that contracts the pupils quickly) I will sneeze.  It's a running joke in my house now from our DC vacation a couple of summers ago.  We were constantly walking inside and then outside.  Whenever we walked outside, I would sneeze, and my family started mocking me with "have you never seen the sun before!"

As far as the sandwich, if we are talking pre made variety, you should see the cheese melting down the sides.  Whichever direction the cheese is melting to is the bottom.

Biscuits have discernible tops and bottoms.

Typically you have five basic layers: top, botton, meat, egg, cheese.  All are typically warmed except one (cheese).  Everyone agrees that melted/semimelted cheese > unmelted cheese

Starting with those assumptions, it becomes obvious that the cheese belongs between the two hottest items.  It's not always the same which are the hottest (maybe the meat is pre-made, like bacon, or maybe the toast has cooled off).  As long as the cheese goes between the two hottest items and the top and bottom are the outermost layers, everything else is inconsequential

Typically you have five basic layers: top, botton, meat, egg, cheese.  All are typically warmed except one (cheese).  Everyone agrees that melted/semimelted cheese > unmelted cheese

Starting with those assumptions, it becomes obvious that the cheese belongs between the two hottest items.  It's not always the same which are the hottest (maybe the meat is pre-made, like bacon, or maybe the toast has cooled off).  As long as the cheese goes between the two hottest items and the top and bottom are the outermost layers, everything else is inconsequential
This is not necessary, but I can appreciate what you are trying to accomplish.  I flip my eggs, throw the meat on top (usually ham or Canadian bacon), and then put the cheese on top.  I finish cooking it with a lid over the whole thing while the bagel is toasting.  When the bagel is ready, the whole thing goes together... everything is already stacked: egg on bottom, meat, then cheese on top which is melted just fine from the cooking method but will still get the hot bagel on top of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

yep.  when making em at home, I put my sausage patty on the bottom, then the cheese, then the egg on top.  makes sure to melt the cheese.

I love the Carl's Jr sausage-egg-and-cheese biscuits, but they always put the cheese on top and it ends up melting and getting absorbed by the biscuit.

So, I vote for egg on top, sausage on the bottom, and cheese in the middle.

Just saw a McDonalds commercial for the sausage, egg & cheese.

Biscuit

Egg

Sausage

Cheese

Biscuit

The above is how it was constructed.

BTW, the best breakfast sandwich is Honey Baked ham, fried, topped with fried egg, over easy, provolone cheese, and then fried onions, all done in the same pan and assembled in that order.  They go between two untoasted pieces of Russian Rye and get hit with a bit of Lawry's Salt and your favorite mustard.

If you don't have one of these sandwich makers, you really should invest in one: 

Breakfast Sandwich Maker

Make your own sandwiches and customize however you like. 

When I make them at home, it's english muffin on the bottom, cheese, meat, egg and english muffin on top. 

If you don't have one of these sandwich makers, you really should invest in one: 

Breakfast Sandwich Maker

When I make them at home, it's english muffin on the bottom, cheese, meat, egg and english muffin on top. 
I do have one of those.  It does a surprisingly good job.  It toasts the muffin quite nicely and does and admirable job poaching the egg.

Off course this is not proper poaching at all, but the term has become abused for eggs supported by a ring when frying, so I'll use it too, even though it is wrong.

Breakfast Sandwich Maker

I've got one of these (not sure if it is the same brand) and its been working just fine for about 10 years along with my toaster.  Can do single, but it fits two eggs perfectly.  

Meat on the bottom

Then the egg

cheese on top
Coney Island I go to sells something called "The Egger". It is egg first, then meat, then cheese on top, all inside a toasted bagel sliced exactly across the middle.

Yum Yum.

I feel this thread is missing the most important question about breakfast sandwiches, which is why these glorious concoctions are designated with a name that implies it is fit only as a first-meal-of-the-day-repast.

If I had my druthers, I'd be eating a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich every 1/2 hour through my waking hours. As it stands right now, all I get is boldly shamed by nomenclature when I quite reasonably choose to scarf them down at noon, as a pre-dinner warm-up, when I'm huddled in a cold alley at 3 AM, or really anytime outside of the hours between 6-10 AM.

They should just be sandwiches. Or Ambrosia of the Gods, if you want something a little more distinguished. 

Users who are viewing this thread