What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question for Cowboy Fans (1 Viewer)

Sports fans are just like coaches. They have a short memory when it comes to a guy that can help them win.

Cowboys fans will hate him about as long as Yankee fans hated Johnny Damon.

J
Wow, awful comparison. What TO did would be equivalent to Johnny Damon running out to Monument Park and showboating after hitting a HR. Yankees fans hated Johnny Damon, but respected him when he was with the Sox. Every Cowboy fan I know hates TO and loved what he did to the Eagles. These same people are not happy he might be going to Dallas.
I totally disagree...I think your example is a poor one. I think you are reaching ...imo. To use your Damon story. It would be like Damon hitting a home run and standing at home plate and showing up the pitcher. Scene 2 would have been Randy Johnson beaning Damon in his next at bat.

End of story.
Johnny Damon never disrespected the Yankees. TO disrespected the Cowboys...Twice.Maybe it's the Sicilian in me, but I'd never forget if he did that to my team.
He was posing a "What if"......follow along.
Bro, don't chap your lips on his ###.

Sports fans are just like coaches. They have a short memory when it comes to a guy that can help them win.

J
My analogy would have been as long as Indian fans hated Roberto Alomar.

J
Wow, awful comparison. What TO did would be equivalent to Johnny Damon running out to Monument Park and showboating after hitting a HR. Yankees fans hated Johnny Damon, but respected him when he was with the Sox. Every Cowboy fan I know hates TO and loved what he did to the Eagles. These same people are not happy he might be going to Dallas.
I totally disagree...I think your example is a poor one. I think you are reaching ...imo. To use your Damon story. It would be like Damon hitting a home run and standing at home plate and showing up the pitcher. Scene 2 would have been Randy Johnson beaning Damon in his next at bat.

End of story.
Johnny Damon never disrespected the Yankees. TO disrespected the Cowboys...Twice.Maybe it's the Sicilian in me, but I'd never forget if he did that to my team.
Dude......my lips are not on anyone's ###.I am calling out YOUR half thought out logic of your Damon story.

STRIKE TWO

J

End of story.
Dude......my lips are not on anyone's ###.I am calling out YOUR half thought out logic of your Damon story.

STRIKE TWO
OK, bro. You are defending "The Boss" and that's cool. Just don't hurt yourself doing it is all.

Jerry Jones, Bill Parcells, and TO. Moe, Larry, and Curly. As if we didn't have enough sound bites from these three. Now, they are all together. The NFL Network should simply install a crew down there rather than a team cam.

Just remember, there is no TO in Team.

J

End of story.

STRIKE TWO
OK, bro. You are defending "The Boss" and that's cool. Just don't hurt yourself doing it is all.
:banned: I honestly have no idea what the heck you are talking about.I haven't used the ignore function yet, but boy you are close.

Another thing to realize is, if T.O. starts acting up and Parcells can't control him, Roy Williams won't be hesitant to give T.O. a beat-down.

Another thing to realize is, if T.O. starts acting up and Parcells can't control him, Roy Williams won't be hesitant to give T.O. a beat-down.
Yes, I can imagine Roy Williams going Tonya Harding on TO.

The main problem I have with TO is that he has absolutely no insight into his character issues. He does not see where he is wrong and always finds a way to justify his inappropriate behavior. The way he threw MCNabb under the bus last season and trashed him publically was completely unacceptable. I am a Cowboy fan but I totally respect the way McNabb plays. TO's public comments about him were totally out of line. TO's inability to see a point of view other than his own is a very serious problem. Until he is able to deal with this side of his personality, he is always going to be a timebomb ready to explode.

The main problem I have with TO is that he has absolutely no insight into his character issues. He does not see where he is wrong and always finds a way to justify his inappropriate behavior. The way he threw MCNabb under the bus last season and trashed him publically was completely unacceptable. I am a Cowboy fan but I totally respect the way McNabb plays. TO's public comments about him were totally out of line. TO's inability to see a point of view other than his own is a very serious problem. Until he is able to deal with this side of his personality, he is always going to be a timebomb ready to explode.
:thumbup: Far more disturbing than posing at midfield.

I'll view his signing in the same vein as when they signed Neon Deion Sanders. Hopefully he'll help Dallas win another Super Bowl. I don't have to like everyone that plays for the Cowboys.

Oh, and enough of the "typical Cowboys fan" talk. Stereotyping is ugly, and ignorant. There's no typical Cowboys fan, New England Fan, Yankees Fan, Braves Fan, etc.
Bovine scatology. There is such a thing as typical, which the dictionary defines as "exhibiting or combining the essential characteristics of a group." A fan, which the dictionary defines as "an enthusiastic devotee", could be viewed as part of a group.The essential characteristics of most fans are:

1. They root for a team.

2. They tend to take their team's side in arguments.

3. They tend to feel that they have been screwed by the refs.

4. They believe that those who root for other teams are the scum of the earth (hyperbole).

Stereotyping those who use "typical Cowboys fan" is ugly. :D
Not much different than being patriotic. ;)

Cowboys fans got a bad rap years ago when they were labelled as America's team. There were a lot of people jumping on a bandwagon- similar to people that became Bull's fans in the 90's. I think that the situation is different now. It is not really fashionable to be a Cowboy fan any longer and most fans are quite legitimate now. That being said, there are certainly fans who are fair weather fans- but that would be for any team in any sport. In this current environment, I do not believe Cowboy fans are any different than fans of any other team.

no question that as a Cowboys fan I hate T.O. :thumbdown:

BUT, if he scores a TD for Dallas, I will cheer as loud as anyone for the TEAM. :thumbup:

especially if it is against the Redskins, Eagles or Giants. :hey:

I didn't care much for Deion when he first came to the Cowboys, but I learned to appreciate his playing ability.

I was not a big fan of Keyshaun or Glenn, but I cheered for them when they played well.

T.O. has disrespected himself more than anyone by his actions on and off the field.

but, if he can help us WIN, then great ! :D

the great satan. LOL :hot:

if T.O. is as bad as it gets, then we must be in heaven right now with the new CBA.

bring him on ..................

it seems worth the risk.

he did carry Philly to the S.B.

if he acts up then we can just ship him out like we did Antonio Bryant.

:banned: :banned: :banned: :banned:

:banned: :banned: :banned: :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread