What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (3 Viewers)

I saw this on Twitter

Greg McMillan‏ @GregMcMillan 50m50 minutes ago

A Boston finisher's medal is a badge of honor but medals from '18 will be of the highest order. Did 6 mi here in Boston & it's brutal. The wind is very strong when exposed to it - as the leaders will face all day & the others will face as the race thins out in the latter miles.
Yeah, the constant headwind will be a total mind####.  So hard to account for wind.

But go @SteelCurtain!!  I have another friend from my church who took off two minutes after SC.

What a ########, dude dropped his gloves into the pack.  Hope he gets frostbite.
One of my race pet peeves is when people come out of the aid stations and drop their cups on the ground when there are trash boxes up the road for the next 30-40 yards or so. Takes two seconds to throw it away and one less cup for the volunteers to have to clean up.

One of my race pet peeves is when people come out of the aid stations and drop their cups on the ground when there are trash boxes up the road for the next 30-40 yards or so. Takes two seconds to throw it away and one less cup for the volunteers to have to clean up.
My friend, who is running today, several years ago slipped on a cup after an aid station and kind of did the splits (happened right after Heartbreak).  He kind of hobbled in from there.

Well, the good new is nobody will know if you just piss yourself instead of stopping to find a tree/porta-potty, will shave a minute or so there.

Those of us who ran in 2015 had a day kind of like this but not quite as bad, and besides the discomfort the lack of crowds was the biggest disappointment. Have to think they're even thinner this year. Everyone who finishes is earning their medal today.

Men's race may be still up for grabs.  Some dude in the background.  "In the background" is about the best gap time you'll get.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the Africans falling back into the pack, did the testing requirements catch up to them or has the rest of the world figured out the correct doping protocol?

What's amazing (and super cool) is that Desi hung back so that Shalane wouldn't have to work all by herself to catch up.
How ####### awesome that she does this and then wins the race. 

@ChiefD:  La di da, I'm just going to out in awful cold windy conditions and run with some other Americans and oh I'll just slow down while someone else I'm running against stops to take a dump in a port-a-potty while the rest of the elite runners run away and then I'll just catch back up and keep running pretty fast even though an elite runner takes a huge lead and just catch her at the hill and then pass her like it's nothing and win the Boston Marathon as an American woman for the first time in 30 years.

@ChiefD:  La di da, I'm just going to out in awful cold windy conditions and run with some other Americans and oh I'll just slow down while someone else I'm running against stops to take a dump in a port-a-potty while the rest of the elite runners run away and then I'll just catch back up and keep running pretty fast even though an elite runner takes a huge lead and just catch her at the hill and then pass her like it's nothing and win the Boston Marathon as an American woman for the first time in 30 years.
:lol:

Wife calls me at work:

Her: What are you doing?

Me: Watching some guy I know from the internet run the Boston Marathon.

Her: Shouldn't you be working?

Me: Yeah, but this is important. He's running downhill for 26.2 miles in a driving rain with the wind blowing in his face about 20 miles per hour. Oh, and it's like 25 degrees with the wind chill - maybe colder. Doesn't that sound impressive?

Her: One of your internet nerd running friends?

Me: Yeah

Her: You're an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife calls me at work:

Her: What are you doing?

Me: Watching some guy I know from the internet run the Boston Marathon.

Her: Shouldn't you be working?

Me: Yeah, but this is important. He's running downhill for 26.2 miles in a driving rain with the wind blowing in his face about 20 miles per hour. Oh, and it's like 25 degrees with the wind chill - maybe colder. Doesn't that sound impressive?

Her: One of your internet nerd running friends?

Me: Yeah

Her: You're an idiot.

I'm going to have Otis's wife ban her.

I remember cheering hard for her years back when she came 'outta nowhere' to press the Africans to the finish.  So siked she won this the way she did.  Saying 'well deserved' just doesn't do it justice.

Just got back from mile 24.  To say it's nasty out there doesn't do it justice.  Very windy, and pouring at times.  Most of the runners I would describe as 'grim' - you could tell the temp was taking its toll
I honestly think it is as bad a day in mid-April can possibly be in Boston.

Users who are viewing this thread