What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (2 Viewers)

Lots of 3.x mile runs today.

Well, I'm getting out today after 2 weeks to try it out and see if I'm racing tomorrow or not.  At this point, low expectations of being healthy enough and super frustrated, but whatever. 

I'm mostly aggravated because I should be finishing my 4th week of marathon training.  As it is, I'm going to be lucky to get 12 weeks in.

Lots of 3.x mile runs today.

Well, I'm getting out today after 2 weeks to try it out and see if I'm racing tomorrow or not.  At this point, low expectations of being healthy enough and super frustrated, but whatever. 

I'm mostly aggravated because I should be finishing my 4th week of marathon training.  As it is, I'm going to be lucky to get 12 weeks in.
Be smart about it, gian.  The bright side is that if you can't pursue the marathon training, you can give maximum support and encouragement (be a hero!) to mrs. gian as she goes after a BQ.

Be smart about it, gian.  The bright side is that if you can't pursue the marathon training, you can give maximum support and encouragement (be a hero!) to mrs. gian as she goes after a BQ.
Not sure how else I can be smarter about it.  I've run a total of 2 miles in the last 3 weeks.  Just watching sunny 50 degree days come and go knowing that I've got this race series here plus a marathon to train for. 

That said, I know others have it far worse so I'm still thankful that I'm not there (yet). 

Wasn't planning on it. Felt decent so I went. 

We can go again during this time period, right? Gotta knock 8 ####### seconds off. :rant:
Really strong run and you didn't pick the easiest course either. Great start for our team.

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
need this pinned somewhere. 

Team Juxt
MAC
SteelCurtain
Dr. Z
tri-man
Zasada
Iguana
xulf
El Floppo
JAA
SFBayDuck
AlexPKeaton

Team Grue
pbm
Harris
JShare
Brony
Oz
gianmarco
bushdocta
mrs. gianmarco
SayWhat?
ChiefD
BassnBrew

Really strong run and you didn't pick the easiest course either. Great start for our team.

Yeah, that's a hilly 5K.
Thanks, it feels flat but there are some rollers. My concern was the one main intersection. Just hit it right. 

It's funny going from mostly longer distances, although I've done some speed work. Definitely feel like I can go longer, just not much faster. 

In all seriousness, wont we be avg'ing pace and not duration?  If we use duration the 1mi will be meaningless in the standings.

My time should be 20:07, thank you very much :rant:  

I set the target to 5k, actually ran the full 5k ;) but then stopped after the target buzzed and I couldn't stop the damn watch! 
Along those lines, this is what I propose.  If your time is in your top 3 for a 5K and it gives you a 5K time, we should use that to keep it consistent for everyone.

My time should be 20:07, thank you very much :rant:  

I set the target to 5k, actually ran the full 5k ;) but then stopped after the target buzzed and I couldn't stop the damn watch! 
Go ahead and update it then (if you haven't already).

I thought we'd talked about using the average pace rather than time so we don't get caught by the very slight inconsistencies.  But it might not matter (once #TeamJuxt gets rollin').

Dude is super-competitive, for sure.  I can't wait for @gruecd 's virtual race report, given his absolute disdain for the 5K distance ...particularly when doing it solo.  
I'll write something up, but trying to time trial that distance really sucks balls.  If it weren't for this whole "social distancing" thing, I actually had a rabbit lined up....

Last edited by a moderator:
What was @-OZ- 5K prediction?  That's a fast time!

21:45

Really I had no idea what to predict.
When I was looking to make a draft pick, I remember being really surprised at his predicted 5K time.  “Surely he’s faster than that,” I thought.  I almost picked him regardless. But then I thought about how wise and sensible he always is — not only about running and fitness in this thread but about everything else I’ve read him discuss in various threads on this site over the years.  If I can’t take the word and wisdom of someone like Oz, then who can I trust? So I passed.

Well, needless to say, that’s the last time I listen to that guy!

I just ran a 22:07 and you're much faster than I am. 

I'm not surprised by that time at all and actually think you have even more in you.  Pretty sure you can get sub 20.
I'm pretty sure I could beat 20 now. I wasn't as sure, at all, a few weeks ago.

Honestly if not for COVID I'd be running less, swimming and lifting more. 

When I was looking to make a draft pick, I remember being really surprised at his predicted 5K time.  “Surely he’s faster than that,” I thought.  I almost picked him regardless. But then I thought about how wise and sensible he always is — not only about running and fitness in this thread but about everything else I’ve read him discuss in various threads on this site over the years.  If I can’t take the word and wisdom of someone like Oz, then who can I trust? So I passed.

Well, needless to say, that’s the last time I listen to that guy!
🧙🏽‍♂️  :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread