What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Random Reasons You Know You're OLD (3 Viewers)

Watching The Open while browsing the FFA.  Open a new browser tab, look up at the TV to see a shot, forget why I opened the new browser tab.

Oh wow. Well, cancer at 50 with various complications and surgeries, knee replacement recently, arthritis in acromioclavicular joint and all along my spine, fuzzy/foggy head, severe fatigue, various aches..Those are the big ones. 

Talking comic books/movies with a young guy at work.

Him: Who was your favorite Batman?

Me: Michael Keaton

Him, looking puzzled: Which one was he in?

Me, looking puzzled: What do you mean?

Him: Was he in the Christian Bale or Ben Affleck one?

Me: No, Micheal Keaton WAS Batman.

Him: What?  When?

Not only had he never seen the Batman from the 80s, he didn't even know it existed.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the guys you had on some of your original fantasy baseball teams back in the early 90s are now getting into the hall of fame.  

My knees are shot.  I can't jump at all anymore, not even a little bit.  Sprinting, stopping and changing directions is very difficult and requires a solid 20 minutes of warm up before it is even possible.
Yeah, my vertical is measured in millimeters these days.

Good point ...I'll check on that, thanks.  (Topic is restless legs.  No, not that 'leg.')
I tried Pramipexole (yes, I did have to look up the spelling - I'm old) for a while with mixed success.  You have to take it every night, just in case (my RL is infrequent), and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I usually end up walking into the next room and stretching my calves while having deep conversations with the cat, and that takes care of it.

Takes me longer to get up from where I am sitting or laying.  The longer I am down, the longer it takes me to get up. It hurts so much now.  I make old man sounds while doing so.  Once I'm up, I have to make sure my balance and strength are all there so I can then move to where I am going.  I'm 46.  Sucks.

Everything on me hurts, except for my left shoulder.  I'm not kidding.  My left shoulder is the mvp of my body right now.  The hero. 
This.  The balancing act, like a pro golfer lining up to putt.  "OK, got it.  Ready?  Now, rotate in place...there you go!  Now, go get 'em!"

(Why'd I get up again?)

I felt old the first time the lady cutting my hair asked if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed.

Then I felt older when the lady cutting my hair didn't ask, and just did it.

Then, yesterday, I felt even older when she took the trimmers to my ears without asking.

Saying "Good Morning" to the office when walking in and only receiving a "Good Morning" back from the 50 something person.

The young 20 something, with no social skills like a lot of youngsters these days, doesn't say a peep.

I'll get right to the point:  I threw my back out reaching down to flush the toilet on Sunday afternoon.  Like BAD.  

I took 4 ibuprofen after I did it and it had no effect.

It was to the point where I considered going to the emergency room... the pain was that bad.

Ended up going to my doctor on Monday and they prescribed muscle relaxers, high-dose ibuprofen and (thank God) pain pills.  Also got an x-ray.  That was fun.

So I've been hopped up on multiple drugs the past day or so, and while it still hurts when I get in/out of bed or have to bend over, I'm better than I was on Sunday night.

So what are some random things you've noticed lately that prove that you are, in fact, an old geezer?
2 weeks in and I thought I was in the clear but this ish just isn't going away.  Finally scheduled some physical therapy, which I guess can't hurt.  

The pain pill + muscle relaxer did a number on my mental well-being yesterday.  Far and away one of the weirdest days of my life.

I used to deal with pain well, now I feel like a big baby.  A big OLD baby.

I went to a strip club in Cleveland and was talking with one of the girls. I asked if all the girls got together for health insurance or if there was some kind of group option. 
I went to one that had both a mother and daughter as dancers. On top of that the daughter was 5 months pregnant. Have not since checked back on granny & company.

Old man achievement:   UNLOCKED

several months ago I was taking a dump and my sack touched the water for the first time in my life.  Slap it high? :unsure:
Happened to me a few months back. Called the water company immediately to find out who authorized raising the water level at our residence. 

Got voicemail, left message. Waiting for reply. 

Talking comic books/movies with a young guy at work.

Him: Who was your favorite Batman?

Me: Michael Keaton

Him, looking puzzled: Which one was he in?

Me, looking puzzled: What do you mean?

Him: Was he in the Christian Bale or Ben Affleck one?

Me: No, Micheal Keaton WAS Batman.

Him: What?  When?

Not only had he never seen the Batman from the 80s, he didn't even know it existed.
 "Oh, I guess you’re only familiar with the new Batman movies. Michelle Pfeiffer? Ha. The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt. And I didn’t need molded plastic to improve my physique. Pure. West. And how come Batman doesn’t dance anymore? Remember the Batusi?"  -- Adam West

Simpsons reference.

Sometimes I still prefer the bags of peas.  They are easy to form around your knee, where as sometimes and ice pack just lays across a certain part, not even contacting the part that needs it.

I bump into stuff at least once a day.

My smooth and fast moves have been replaced by klutziness. (oh yeah, klutz is an old term, too)  :blush:

Sometimes I still prefer the bags of peas.  They are easy to form around your knee, where as sometimes and ice pack just lays across a certain part, not even contacting the part that needs it.
Yep, it's the reason I got the peas instead of ice packs. Don't hate on me Sheik, I'm a young 43 :rant:

Saying "Good Morning" to the office when walking in and only receiving a "Good Morning" back from the 50 something person.

The young 20 something, with no social skills like a lot of youngsters these days, doesn't say a peep.
It is pretty amazing how many millennials simply suck at communication.  Well educated people who struggle to hold a conversation. They are good with online marketing though.

It’s also good for HR.  When I was young an office full of 20-somethings would create all kinds of extra-curricular complications.  No social skills solves that.

Edit: I’ve recently had two 20-something women (one at a restaurant and one at the DMV) out of the blue tell me I remind them of their HS PE teacher.  It just kind of dawned on me that I should take that as a sign that I’m old.

Users who are viewing this thread