What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rank the AFC West from top to bottom in 2022 (1 Viewer)

Last Place in the AFC West

• KC

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • LVR

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • LAC

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • DENVER

Votes: 8 14.8%

• Total voters

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
There has been a lot of shuffling going on in this Division and the upcoming Draft is going to potentially tip the scales some more for these teams in a highly competitive AFC West where you could make a case for all 4 teams, or can you? 

How can you bet against Mahomes and what KC has done for the last 4 years?

1st is KC until proven otherwise although today's trade might tip the scales, not sure. I can't think of a tougher division ever. I guess LAC 2, Den 3 and LVR 4. It'll probably be like 11-6, 10-7, 9-8, 9-8 or something similar. 

I went

Denver

KC

SD

Oakland

It's really close and I could see any of these teams winning.  Love Denver with their weapons and Russ.  Andy and Pat will always be competitive.  Ranks oakland and SD in the rear because they trend to disappoint.

I went

Denver

KC

SD

Oakland

It's really close and I could see any of these teams winning.  Love Denver with their weapons and Russ.  Andy and Pat will always be competitive.  Ranks oakland and SD in the rear because they trend to disappoint.
In an offseason of surprises, I think San Diego and Oakland having teams would be the 2 biggest surprises. 

I've got it: Denver, LA, KC, LV.

I think Wilson to Denver will have a Brady to Tampa effect, where the team was already solid, it just needed a QB. The Raiders defense makes me nervous, I like their pass rush, but everything else is a problem. 

In an offseason of surprises, I think San Diego and Oakland having teams would be the 2 biggest surprises. 

I've got it: Denver, LA, KC, LV.

I think Wilson to Denver will have a Brady to Tampa effect, where the team was already solid, it just needed a QB. The Raiders defense makes me nervous, I like their pass rush, but everything else is a problem. 

I ain't giving in to the NFL imperilism.

I find it interesting that everyone just assumes the Chargers will be better than the Raiders next year even though the Raiders were better than them last year and just added Davante Adams.  The Chargers coach seems like an overthinker when it comes to analytics and they still need to address their terrible run defense.  Granted, they have Justin Herbert, who is great, so that is a factor.  Granted, I put the Raiders in last here in the poll just because I hate them the most :lol:  ,but I won't be surprised by any way this division goes.  Any of the four could win it, any of the four could finish in last.  And the last place team could very well by 8-9 or even 9-8. 

I find it interesting that everyone just assumes the Chargers will be better than the Raiders next year even though the Raiders were better than them last year and just added Davante Adams.  The Chargers coach seems like an overthinker when it comes to analytics and they still need to address their terrible run defense.  Granted, they have Justin Herbert, who is great, so that is a factor.  Granted, I put the Raiders in last here in the poll just because I hate them the most :lol:  ,but I won't be surprised by any way this division goes.  Any of the four could win it, any of the four could finish in last.  And the last place team could very well by 8-9 or even 9-8. 
I already read another post where you felt KC no longer top dog in this Division, they sure don't seem like the mad favorites they've been in recent years. I do think they will be very active in the Draft and overhauling for the next phase of Mahomes' career. I do not believe they will want to waste too many years of his career trying to assemble some help in the skill positions for him. 

It's going to be one of if not the most competitive Division I can think of where all 4 teams are legit threats. You add in new management in Vegas and Denver, and I agree the Chargers are going to have to prove it. LAC has made incredible moves and they have a rocket arm QB and yet they have nothing to show for any of it...yet. 

overhauling for the next phase of Mahomes' career. I do not believe they will want to waste too many years of his career trying to assemble some help in the skill positions for him. 

It's going to be one of if not the most competitive Division I can think of where all 4 teams are legit threats. You add in new management in Vegas and Denver, and I agree the Chargers are going to have to prove it. LAC has made incredible moves and they have a rocket arm QB and yet they have nothing to show for any of it...yet. 
This is where I see the Chiefs and what they did yesterday. I think they looked around the division and saw all the changes that were made to try and beat the Chiefs NOW. So while those teams used draft picks NOW to acquire talent to win this year and next, the Chiefs went the other direction and added tons of draft picks.

The Chiefs roster overall is pretty thin, so this sets them up for the second phase of Mahomes career. They won a Super Bowl in phase one, and time to rebuild on the fly for phase two. And by the way, they are still a pretty good football team despite that.

So agree with others here: I think any one of these 4 teams could finish first or finish last. And agree with Ghost Rider that the last place team is an 8-9 or 9-8 team. 

I’m going to wait to vote until this week is over and KC gets Metcalf and Vegas gets the honey badger. I’m kidding. Sorta. 
One domino triggers another. 

-Franchise QBs and WRs changing teams at a record pace, mind boggling what is unfolding. I believe some of it has to do with players desire to be in certain cities of the country which also relates to how society has unfolded in recent years. Won't say much more but the looks I see on faces when they land in Florida vs whatever part of the country they fly in and visit from...I'll say no more but they look so relieved when they get here and they all hav stories to share. 

It's fun to see Miami featured on the media talk circuits this morning.  

KC non division schedule is brutal....going to be some losses there that affect their division positioning.....

Home
Denver Broncos
Los Angeles Chargers
Las Vegas Raiders
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
Los Angeles Rams
Seattle Seahawks
Buffalo Bills

Away
Arizona Cardinals
Denver Broncos
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Las Vegas Raiders
Los Angeles Chargers
San Francisco 49ers
Cincinnati Bengals
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

KC non division schedule is brutal....going to be some losses there that affect their division positioning.....

Home
Jacksonville Jaguars W
Tennessee Titans TOSSUP
Los Angeles Rams EDGE LAR
Seattle Seahawks W
Buffalo Bills EDGE BUF

Away
Arizona Cardinals EDGE KC
Houston Texans W
Indianapolis Colts TOSSUP
San Francisco 49ers SLIGHT EDGE KC
Cincinnati Bengals EDGE CIN
Tampa Bay Buccaneers EDGE TB

If we assume that all of the AFCW games are a wash and they go 3-3. We add to that

3-0  vs Seattle, Houston and Jacksonville.

2-2 vs Ten, AZ, SF, Ind

Then 1-3 against LAR, Buf, Cin, TB

Still looking like at minimum 9-8 team to me. 

I don't think the entire division making the playoffs is out of the question. The Chargers got better and you have to believe their coaching staff is going to learn a few lessons from last year. LVR is going to take time to gel but they're so dangerous on offense. Mahomes, reimagined offensive scheme with some new kids to throw to is also going to take time to gel but they'll figure it out and be very dangerous 2nd half on offense. 

This division is up for grabs, especially now that Hill left KC.   Losing Hill hurts.   Not sure how much since Mahomes is an elite QB.   He can win any week.  I think Denver finishes last.   It’s hard for me to assume Wilson comes in and is able to win games automatically in an extremely strong division.   This is not the same as Brady going to TB and beating up on teams like Atlanta and Carolina.   Put TB in the AFC W this year.   Where do they place?  

Home
Denver Broncos
Los Angeles Chargers
Las Vegas Raiders
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
Los Angeles Rams
Seattle Seahawks
Buffalo Bills

Away
Arizona Cardinals
Denver Broncos
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Las Vegas Raiders
Los Angeles Chargers
San Francisco 49ers
Cincinnati Bengals
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Chiefs can win half of those games. It is hard to see them going much higher than say 11-6 maybe even 10-7 but I want to stress these picks they are getting will give them some ammo to retool so this could change after we get past the Draft, June 1st cuts, lot of time before the first Sunday in September. 

Raiders a run away Last Place vote at this point, I disagree and think Devante Adams adds a dimension they have not experienced yet. You put Waller and then Hunter Renfroe around him and suddenly the Raiders have firepower, a seasoned QB, a solid Defense that has room to improve, they need to strengthen up both sides of the line, even if they are good they need to reach for more because of the competition within this Division. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know that picking who will win it is any easier than picking who will finish 4th.  I could totally see them getting two of the three wild card spots.  

For now, I think Denver is the favorite.  I'm a believer in Russ, and Sutton/Jeudy is about to emerge as one of the top two WR duos in the league.  Javonte takes the load and becomes Taylor-lite.  

Denver
KC
LAC
LV

Raiders a run away Last Place vote at this point, I disagree and think Devante Adams adds a dimension they have not experienced yet. You put Waller and then Hunter Renfroe around him and suddenly the Raiders have firepower, a seasoned QB, a solid Defense that has room to improve, they need to strengthen up both sides of the line, even if they are good they need to reach for more because of the competition within this Division. 
Couldn't disagree more with the bolded. They were a bad defense a year ago, and haven't done really much to improve it. Chandler Jones is just 1 guy, and he's on the decline. The back 7 is a major issue.

Users who are viewing this thread