What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Aaron Jones, MIN (1 Viewer)

A healthy Jones is a top-3 NFL RB. The Packers are worse at RB then they were, and the Vikings are much improved, as long as Jones stays healthy. Health is 100% the rub.
he won't be healthy, his body is breaking down

he's had a good career but anyone who thinks Jones is a better back than Jacobs at this point in their careers is smoking something.
Its very possible Jones is breaking down, but he was still extremely efficient once he got healthy. Last 5 games last season, Jones was as good as any RB in the NFL, even CMC.

I don't think Jacobs is the pass catcher Jones is. Jones is a bit more explosive, and a slightly better tackle breaker. The one spot where Jacobs has Jones, is ability to handle huge workloads. In fact, Jacobs actually has more miles on him, despite the age difference.

I don't hate the Jacobs move. I hate the getting rid of Jones move. There's no reason they couldn't have kept both and used a true RBBC which probably would help both guys stay healthy. They could have afforded it, given the entire WR/TE rooms makes like 10 million combined, as literally everyone is on rookie deals.

We will see how good Jones looks behind the Vikings offensive line compared to what he's had with the Packers. Unless the Vikings add some players at guard and center who are better than what they have its definitely a downgrade I think.

So far the Vikings have only signed some of their back ups.

Jacobs is far better than jones. Watch what happens this year
Disagree with this. They are two very different backs. But a healthy Aaron Jones can be a game breaker and he’s been one of the best at his position for several years now.

The number of rbs in the league I’d call far better than Jones is extremely short.

I fully disagree with that take too. I'm a jacobs owner and I watch way too much of raiders football because of it and he has never impressed me. I also have White and I'm actually much happier to be rolling forward with white

I think Jones is top 3 as well. I have never been disappointed watching him play. He always looks great, finds that crease, runs hard, catches the ball, blocks

Jacobs looks like a plodder half the time

The Jones v Jacobs discussion is fun in a fantasy context but the fact is the Packers knew they could have Jones this season for $7m and instead decided to pay Jacobs over twice that amount. Right or wrong, time will tell, but that’s the decision they made based on what they know about these players.

Further details emerging that GB's offer to Jones was $4 mil for 2024 with $2 in incentives. I can understand Jones saying no to that.

Users who are viewing this thread