What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Brian Robinson Jr. - WAS (1 Viewer)

I think Howell is a good play this week - probably bombs away as usual and may get the goal line love too

With BRob out this week I think I’m dropping in redraft.

No way I start him in week 16 as I’d want to see him get a good game in and week 17 is it for my leagues.

Last edited:

No way I start him in week 16 as I’d want to see him get a good game in and week 17 is it for my leagues.
I’m thinking the same thing. He plays at the Jets in week 16 and then home agains SF in week 17. Not good.

I might pick up Rico Dowdel or Chase Brown. They both have some stand alone value and possibly much more if the starters miss time.

I’m thinking the same thing. He plays at the Jets in week 16 and then home agains SF in week 17. Not good.

I might pick up Rico Dowdel or Chase Brown. They both have some stand alone value and possibly much more if the starters miss time.
Good point about weeks 16 & 17, no thanks. He left early in the Miami game on 12/03, had the bye week too and didn't practice at all, something's up for sure.
Already have Dowdle rostered and as usual waiver RB's are thin, Perine, Justice Hill, Jordan Mason are out there, might grab Mason as Eli can't stay healthy and is out this week.

Good point about weeks 16 & 17, no thanks. He left early in the Miami game on 12/03, had the bye week too and didn't practice at all, something's up for sure.
Already have Dowdle rostered and as usual waiver RB's are thin, Perine, Justice Hill, Jordan Mason are out there, might grab Mason as Eli can't stay healthy and is out this week.
I went to pick up Chase Brown and forgot he’s playing right now. I guess I’ll pick up Rico and monitor what Brown does. I fear he’s gonna get some garbage time points and make it harder for me to acquire him.

They are gonna have to draft a RB this offseason. Gibson will be a free agent. Gonzalez hasn't had an impact. And Brian Robinson is older than would be expected (he's only 1 year younger than Gibson). The point being, if you are in a dynasty/keeper league I'd stay away from all these guys. They are gonna need a more electric RB.

They are gonna have to draft a RB this offseason. Gibson will be a free agent. Gonzalez hasn't had an impact. And Brian Robinson is older than would be expected (he's only 1 year younger than Gibson). The point being, if you are in a dynasty/keeper league I'd stay away from all these guys. They are gonna need a more electric RB.
Chris Rod-Wa-Gwaze averages 4.6 yards per carry.

And Brian Robinson is older than would be expected (he's only 1 year younger than Gibson).
You speak as if he hit the dreaded 30 year mark for RBs.

He's freaking 24!!!
I watch all their games. He has 1 100 yard game in 2 years. I'm not gonna look it up, but I think he has 1 receiving game with over 50 yards in 2 years. He will be on this team throughout his contract, but while he has quality vision the numbers simply aren't there for whatever reason. I predicted Gonzalez would take over this year. Hasn't happened though

And Brian Robinson is older than would be expected (he's only 1 year younger than Gibson).
You speak as if he hit the dreaded 30 year mark for RBs.

He's freaking 24!!!
I watch all their games. He has 1 100 yard game in 2 years. I'm not gonna look it up, but I think he has 1 receiving game with over 50 yards in 2 years. He will be on this team throughout his contract, but while he has quality vision the numbers simply aren't there for whatever reason. I predicted Gonzalez would take over this year. Hasn't happened though
Gonzalez?

Gonzalez?

Gonzalez?
My bad. Rodriguez. Was doing other things at same time with a contractor named ... well.... Gonzalez :wall: 🤣

So it appears Ben Johnson will be the next Commanders coach.

Should that be the case, I see that as a huge bump to Robinson.
The offense has talent at the skilled positions.
Seems more than likely they will go QB at #2.

Should provide Robinson an uptick at GL looks. He would fill the "J Williams / Montgomery" roll in a Ben Johnson offense.

I wouldn't sleep on Chris Rodriguez, he could be a bigger part of the offense (especially without Gibson returning) than people realize. He also had a better YPC than Robinson did.

I wouldn't sleep on Chris Rodriguez, he could be a bigger part of the offense (especially without Gibson returning) than people realize. He also had a better YPC than Robinson did.

Hence why I brought it up.

I just think Robinson has the potential to be a double digit TD RB in a system lead by Johnson.

I think they will draft a RB. They need more speed at the position. Robinson will certainly have a big role. I'm not so sure on Rodriquez, who I really like, but he seems a bit big and clunky for Johnson's offense. I know Montgomery is big but he seems more shifty to me. With Gibson gone they need to draft another one anyway, so it will play out in preseason.

One thing is for certain. Both SF and DET run the ball well. So with a GM and coach coming from those systems, I assume they will get an OL they can run the ball behind.

I think he's probably underrated.

He had 1100 total yards and NINE touchdowns despite missing 2 games. He's been super inconsistent. He only broke 60 rushing yards 4 times all season. He had 1/3 of his receiving yards in 1 game. But if you're getting him as a flex play, he can return good value.

I hope we don't draft a RB before round 5 or 6. This team has too many other positions of need IMO. I think Robinson and Rodriguez will do just fine, especially with an upgraded line and balanced offense I assume we will have next season.

I think he's probably underrated.

He had 1100 total yards and NINE touchdowns despite missing 2 games. He's been super inconsistent. He only broke 60 rushing yards 4 times all season. He had 1/3 of his receiving yards in 1 game. But if you're getting him as a flex play, he can return good value.

I think he returns great value as a guy you can draft as a late RB2, maybe even as an RB3, that could return RB1 numbers.

I thought he was criminally underrated. I’ve been in on Ekler comeback so Brian takes a big hit. I’ll still target him because everyone else will think the same. His ceiling is capped for now.

I thought he was criminally underrated. I’ve been in on Ekler comeback so Brian takes a big hit. I’ll still target him because everyone else will think the same. His ceiling is capped for now.
I see Ekeler as simply a replacement for Gibson. Therefore, I don't see much change in how you should view Robinson.
If you were high on him before, you probably should still be. If you were down on him, you probably are even more so now.

Tough one:

I figured some team would bring in Ekeler to be a 3rd down back. That seems to be the case. But he'll be a really good 3rd down back and eat into what Robinson was able to do in the passing game last year.

Robinson probably still dominates the ground touches. Just becomes a matter of how many there are. If the Commanders are bad and playing from behind a lot, he obviously won't have massive volume.

Tough one:

I figured some team would bring in Ekeler to be a 3rd down back. That seems to be the case. But he'll be a really good 3rd down back and eat into what Robinson was able to do in the passing game last year.

Robinson probably still dominates the ground touches. Just becomes a matter of how many there are. If the Commanders are bad and playing from behind a lot, he obviously won't have massive volume.
Disagree that Robinson “dominates” the ground touches. I see more 50/50. Assuming his ankle is healthy, Eckler is way better than Gibson as a runner and will cut into Robinson’s carries IMO.

Tough one:

Disagree that Robinson “dominates” the ground touches. I see more 50/50. Assuming his ankle is healthy, Eckler is way better than Gibson as a runner and will cut into Robinson’s carries IMO.
You may be right. I thought Ekeler looked SLOW after coming back. Maybe he was never close to 100%.. But, with him turning 29 soon, I can't help but think he's slowed down some after years of high usage.

He was still effective in the passing game, that's why I figured he would do most of his work there.

But if he's 100% and has some burst back--he'll get ground touches.

I guess that's the main question at hand.

Robinson had a HORRIBLE line last year, and terrible play calling. I think he's much better than most people realize, and will show that this year behind a real o-line and hopefully a balanced offense.

Tough one:

You may be right. I thought Ekeler looked SLOW after coming back. Maybe he was never close to 100%.. But, with him turning 29 soon, I can't help but think he's slowed down some after years of high usage.

He was still effective in the passing game, that's why I figured he would do most of his work there.

Last year was hard to gauge since Eckler got hurt the first game. Hopefully it was the ankle injury not healing and not age catching up. Doesn’t have a huge career workload so that shouldn’t be an issue.

The Anthony Lynn connection is important too. Don’t think they brought him in just to be a 3rd down back. Wasn’t sure how I felt about him signing with Washington when it happened but feeling OK about it now. Obviously he’s not elite any longer but can still be a decent RB 2 in PPR I think.

Tough one:

Last year was hard to gauge since Eckler got hurt the first game. Hopefully it was the ankle injury not healing and not age catching up. Doesn’t have a huge career workload so that shouldn’t be an issue.

The Anthony Lynn connection is important too. Don’t think they brought him in just to be a 3rd down back. Wasn’t sure how I felt about him signing with Washington when it happened but feeling OK about it now. Obviously he’s not elite any longer but can still be a decent RB 2 I think.
Agree entirely - IMO every other WAS RB is a COP or role-player. Eke is going to get every chance to carry the load in WAS. Would not be shocked by 50+ receptions.

That said, BR could carve out a short yardage role, which would make him a TD-dependent FF asset. But THAT said, Eke was pretty darn efficient in the RZ when he was with Lynn on the Chargers.

I'd guess Ekeler sees a 55/45 edge over Robinson. Robinson is an underrated RB, but Ekeler is a much better receiver, and has a nose for the endzone.

Ekeler's ankle never got right, and the Chargers OL was the worst in the NFL at run blocking.

With how run heavy Kingsbury is inside the 10 (most in the NFL as Cardinals play caller) I think there is room for both guys to be top-30 guys, with Ekeler maybe still being 15-20 in PPR.

Users who are viewing this thread