What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Chase Brown, CIN (1 Viewer)

A couple of dynasty podcasts I listen to have said he was a guy to watch out for. I've watched his highlights once or twice but going to have to do a deeper dive.
He did everything he needed to do. Crushed the combine. Surely NFL teams are moving him way up their boards.

I think Bijan and Gibbs are safe at 1 and 2.
Am I right in thinking some order of Brown, Charbonnett, Achane round out the top 5?

Am I right in thinking some order of Brown, Charbonnett, Achane round out the top 5?
Not to be a party pooper and I don't think there can much dispute that Brown won the athletic testing portion of the combine for RB's but don't think we got info yet to know. Other than major factor of landing spot/draft capital is we had so many RB's not run or workout today and I think a few of them are in the mix.

Big bump for him but it does hurt that he's turning 23 this month. Probably doesn't matter for where he will go in drafts as you can't expect a later picked RB to get a 2nd contract anyway but if it takes him a year or two earn a significant role with a team, he will already be at the end of the RB apex window.

Probably overthinking it though.

Not to be a party pooper and I don't think there can much dispute that Brown won the athletic testing portion of the combine for RB's but don't think we got info yet to know. Other than major factor of landing spot/draft capital is we had so many RB's not run or workout today and I think a few of them are in the mix.
I'll back off Achane.

I worry about the size, and how much work a team will give him/how much he can handle. Sproles comes to mind, and he could have some of those uber productive PPR years Sproles did. But size concerns are there, nonetheless.

I think Charbonnett is a solid #3 after today, but as you said, a lot of things to sort out still yet and pro days still looming.

A couple of dynasty podcasts I listen to have said he was a guy to watch out for. I've watched his highlights once or twice but going to have to do a deeper dive.
He did everything he needed to do. Crushed the combine. Surely NFL teams are moving him way up their boards.

Loved him for my Illini last season - wouldn't mind seeing my Bengals grab him in the middle rounds :)
-QG

Bengals selected Illinois RB Chase Brown with the No. 163 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.​

Entering the NFL after a five-year college career that began at Western Michigan and featured at Illinois, Brown (5/9/209) gained momentum as he went in Champaign, culminating in a 328/1,643/10 fifth-year senior campaign in 2022. He added 27/240/3 as a pass catcher for good measure. As you might expect from that statline, Brown is a between-the-tackles workhorse, though he does offer 4.43 straight-line speed and rocked the jumps at the Combine. He is a high-end athlete who just happens to handle big-time workloads. That makes him more projectable than his advanced age (23 in March) suggests. On the flipside, Brown isn’t as powerful as his 209-pound frame might suggest, while he has dealt with ball security issues. Even worse, he isn’t a proven pass protector. Despite those issues, Brown’s speed, between-the-tackles pedigree and pass-catching ability make him a high-floor prospect with potentially untapped ceiling. He arrives in Cincinnati at a time where Joe Mixon's future with the team remains in serious doubt. Brown could be a 2023 fantasy factor.
Apr 29, 2023, 2:54 PM ET

Loved him for my Illini last season - wouldn't mind seeing my Bengals grab him in the middle rounds :)
-QG
Had to point out you manifested this one.

And a PUNTER for the Pats. :ROFLMAO: Does seem like a good punting prospect.
Has a team ever drafted a Kicker and Punter in the same draft?

-QG
Had to point out you manifested this one.

:bowtie:
:pickle:

-QG

-QG

Did the CIN brass call you up, QG? Well done.

Brown isn't an elite prospect like Bijan, but he can be a solid RB in a COP capacity and can handle the load when/if Mixon misses time. Good pickup for the Bengals.

Took him with the 2.12 pick in an ongoing rookie draft (Full IDP, 1 QB, PPR). He was the 8th RB off the board thus far. They went:

1. Bijan (1.01)
  2. Gibbs (1.02)
  3. Miller (1.05)
  4. Achane (1.11)
  5. Charbs (2.01)
  6. Spears (2.02)
  7. Roshon Johnson (2.07)
  8. Chase Brown (2.12)
  9. Zach Evans (3.04)

Took him with the 2.12 pick in an ongoing rookie draft (Full IDP, 1 QB, PPR). He was the 8th RB off the board thus far. They went:

1. Bijan (1.01)
  2. Gibbs (1.02)
  3. Miller (1.05)
  4. Achane (1.11)
  5. Charbs (2.01)
  6. Spears (2.02)
  7. Roshon Johnson (2.07)
  8. Chase Brown (2.12)
  9. Zach Evans (3.04)
Seems reasonable. I have Bigsby, Abanikanda, and Vaughn ahead of Brown.

1. Bijan (1.01)
  2. Gibbs (1.02)
  3. Miller (1.05)
  4. Achane (1.11)
  5. Charbs (2.01)
  6. Spears (2.02)
  7. Roshon Johnson (2.07)
  8. Chase Brown (2.12)
  9. Zach Evans (3.04)
I think Brown has the best chance of being the guy if Mixon screws up again or the Bengals just have had enough. That's why I gave him the nod IMO.

1. Bijan (1.01)
  2. Gibbs (1.02)
  3. Miller (1.05)
  4. Achane (1.11)
  5. Charbs (2.01)
  6. Spears (2.02)
  7. Roshon Johnson (2.07)
  8. Chase Brown (2.12)
  9. Zach Evans (3.04)
My real target for 2.12 was Roshon Johnson as I have Herbert and was hoping to solidify that RB spot to make sure I had a possible starter.

1. Bijan (1.01)
  2. Gibbs (1.02)
  3. Miller (1.05)
  4. Achane (1.11)
  5. Charbs (2.01)
  6. Spears (2.02)
  7. Roshon Johnson (2.07)
  8. Chase Brown (2.12)
  9. Zach Evans (3.04)
I think Brown has the best chance of being the guy if Mixon screws up again or the Bengals just have had enough. That's why I gave him the nod IMO.
Interesting. I might consider moving him up. But one thing I hate is he's 23 and 6 months. For a rookie RB ... that sucks ...

Interesting. I might consider moving him up. But one thing I hate is he's 23 and 6 months. For a rookie RB ... that sucks ...
I don't figure to get much more than 3 years out of RB anyway. Not too worried about age.......especially at that stage as the 10th-ish RB off the board.

1. Bijan (1.01)
  2. Gibbs (1.02)
  3. Miller (1.05)
  4. Achane (1.11)
  5. Charbs (2.01)
  6. Spears (2.02)
  7. Roshon Johnson (2.07)
  8. Chase Brown (2.12)
  9. Zach Evans (3.04)
My real target for 2.12 was Roshon Johnson as I have Herbert and was hoping to solidify that RB spot to make sure I had a possible starter.
Yeah I've actuakly got Johnson as my RB4, but hearing Chicago "doesn't want to have a bellcow back this year" could knock him down a spot or two. That aren't damning words at all for his fantasy future, just not music to one's ears.

1. Bijan (1.01)
  2. Gibbs (1.02)
  3. Miller (1.05)
  4. Achane (1.11)
  5. Charbs (2.01)
  6. Spears (2.02)
  7. Roshon Johnson (2.07)
  8. Chase Brown (2.12)
  9. Zach Evans (3.04)
Holy cow 1.5 for Miller is a shocker, especially with the seemingly depressed value of RB in this draft (that's the lowest I've seen Charbonnet and lower than Achane should go)

Kinda surprised Tank Bigsby hadn't gone yet by 3.4. I think he's roughly in the same situation as Charbonnet (day 2 pick behind a guy with 1 year of production)

1. Bijan (1.01)
  2. Gibbs (1.02)
  3. Miller (1.05)
  4. Achane (1.11)
  5. Charbs (2.01)
  6. Spears (2.02)
  7. Roshon Johnson (2.07)
  8. Chase Brown (2.12)
  9. Zach Evans (3.04)
Yeah I've actuakly got Johnson as my RB4, but hearing Chicago "doesn't want to have a bellcow back this year" could knock him down a spot or two. That aren't damning words at all for his fantasy future, just not music to one's ears.
Coachspeak? Or was it some beat writer? I wouldn’t take that as gospel.

1. Bijan (1.01)
  2. Gibbs (1.02)
  3. Miller (1.05)
  4. Achane (1.11)
  5. Charbs (2.01)
  6. Spears (2.02)
  7. Roshon Johnson (2.07)
  8. Chase Brown (2.12)
  9. Zach Evans (3.04)
Coachspeak? Or was it some beat writer? I wouldn’t take that as gospel.
Just checked (it's in the Roschon Johnson thread), and indeed it was a beat writer. Probably meaningless. Good call.

Bengals signed No. 163 overall pick Chase Brown to a four-year contract.

While this is clearly Trayveon Williams Discourse Day, Brown has stepped into a great situation with Joe Mixon on thin ice with the Bengals and Samaje Perine moving on to the Broncos. The former Illinois back should be able to crack the roster this season and, if he develops as a pass blocker, get into the third-down role equation.
SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
May 9, 2023 at 3:08 PM ET

A steal IMO. Mixon certainly won't be a Bengal next season. Between deteriorating production and never his ending legal issues, bye. This could easily be Chase Brown's job by week 6. I'm very high on him.

Picked him up at pick 32 (SF) yesterday, seems to have way more upside than anyone in or around that sort of range
He may be the steal of the draft at 32 when it's all said and done. The stars are aligned, we just need one more screw up by Mixon or an injury and it's a done deal. Both are probably in the cards.

Picked him up at pick 32 (SF) yesterday, seems to have way more upside than anyone in or around that sort of range
He may be the steal of the draft at 32 when it's all said and done. The stars are aligned, we just need one more screw up by Mixon or an injury and it's a done deal. Both are probably in the cards.
I finally agree with you. Having said that, I still rank him lower than Kendre Miller.

I finally agree with you. Having said that, I still rank him lower than Kendre Miller.
Yup, I love Miller and I love the situation. He's an RB1 this time next year for sure.

anyone else get the feeling that this guy could be a league winning back this year? Mixon was not great last year (Avg 3.9 yds a carry) , and he is getting older. He also struggled with injuries that last few years. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread