What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, KC (2 Viewers)

That sounds like a no.

That sounds like a man that drafted him IN THE FIRST ROUND OVER JONATHAN TAYLOR AND D'ANDRE SWIFT AND CAM AKERS AND...

and the beat goes on. La da da da de.
I didn't draft him over Taylor, but I did draft him 1.02 in one league and only have one share. Every time I see this thread bumped a little bit of vomit rises to my taste buds.

I didn't draft him over Taylor, but I did draft him 1.02 in one league and only have one share.

Oh, I did not mean Hot Sauce Guy. I meant Brett Veach. I should clarify that.
Yeah, I never drafted him.

*I acquired him via trade as part of a Mahomes deal, then an angel of mercy offered my own 1st back to me for him, with which I will be selecting Bijan.
:wub:

But yeah, I traded down and out of the 1.01 that year and vomit a little about that when Jonathan Taylor, who was the best RB prospect in about ten years (Yes, better than Barkley because of college production) was available. I passed him over.

Awful move. But it helped my lineup in certain ways because of draft positioning and picks in 2022, which to led winning it that same year because i was able to flip top-notch talent for guys who were scoring oodles of points. Luck. Dynasty is so much luck.

But yeah, I traded down and out of the 1.01 that year and vomit a little about that when Jonathan Taylor, who was the best RB prospect in about ten years (Yes, better than Barkley because of college production) was available. I passed him over.

Awful move. But it helped my lineup in certain ways because of draft positioning and picks in 2022, which to led winning it that same year because i was able to flip top-notch talent for guys who were scoring oodles of points. Luck. Dynasty is so much luck.
I wanted CEH but never really had the opportunity in rookie drafts. The one spot I did was a big rebuild and I moved back from 1.01 to 1.03+Diontae, where I took Dobbins. All the same I'd rather have just taken Taylor.

I was high on him coming in and took him at 1.1 of a few leagues and most of them I traded for the pick so I'm here to own that mistake. Either he or Trent Richardson are going down as my worst calls in my dynasty history.

I made excuses for him early on but after year two decided to started bailing but even then I was not entirely sure he would suck and sure did not see him getting beat out by a 7th rounder. I did ok on my bailouts(Walker and ETN) but held in one place I could not unload him. That league had cutdowns due yesterday to 18 players and I decided to keep him but the options he was up against was dudes like Michael Carter, Boyd, etc, etc. Even then I only kept him in because he's very young and in hopes the Chiefs decide it's best for everyone to part ways and give him a fresh start. I don't think they will cut him, no real need with his contract guaranteed, and he sure does not have much trade value, but I keep hearing if he's free or cheap enough the Bengals have interest. I basically hold on hoping for that or some kind of fresh start.Obvious argument is he's just not very good so does not matter where he goes and that's hard to argue against but just the same I wanted to hold one more place just in case.

I don't think they will cut him, no real need with his contract guaranteed, and he sure does not have much trade value, but I keep hearing if he's free or cheap enough the Bengals have interest. I basically hold on hoping for that or some kind of fresh start

I have him in one league. I'd love to see him go to the Bengals and just kill it. I doubt it, though. He just looks slow and not elusive. Maybe it's the blocking scheme or the offensive scheme, but it sure doesn't look it.

I don't think they will cut him, no real need with his contract guaranteed, and he sure does not have much trade value, but I keep hearing if he's free or cheap enough the Bengals have interest. I basically hold on hoping for that or some kind of fresh start

I have him in one league. I'd love to see him go to the Bengals and just kill it. I doubt it, though. He just looks slow and not elusive. Maybe it's the blocking scheme or the offensive scheme, but it sure doesn't look it.
I can't disagree. It's wishful thinking, not really rationale thinking.

I was high on him coming in and took him at 1.1 of a few leagues and most of them I traded for the pick so I'm here to own that mistake. Either he or Trent Richardson are going down as my worst calls in my dynasty history.

I made excuses for him early on but after year two decided to started bailing but even then I was not entirely sure he would suck and sure did not see him getting beat out by a 7th rounder. I did ok on my bailouts(Walker and ETN) but held in one place I could not unload him. That league had cutdowns due yesterday to 18 players and I decided to keep him but the options he was up against was dudes like Michael Carter, Boyd, etc, etc. Even then I only kept him in because he's very young and in hopes the Chiefs decide it's best for everyone to part ways and give him a fresh start. I don't think they will cut him, no real need with his contract guaranteed, and he sure does not have much trade value, but I keep hearing if he's free or cheap enough the Bengals have interest. I basically hold on hoping for that or some kind of fresh start.Obvious argument is he's just not very good so does not matter where he goes and that's hard to argue against but just the same I wanted to hold one more place just in case.
I respect this, in a big way.

I respect this, in a big way.

I do, too. I remember back when this was going on and I was going against the grain with CEH and the thread turned a bit on me. meno never turned on me, just disagreed and went about his way. I appreciated that and still do. Same with our take on James Robinson.

In the end, I wound up with shares of both (even after I traded Robinson) because I listen to the people on the board. I hope people know how much their comments might mean to somebody reading them. I think meno does and puts his capital where his thoughts are. I respect that.

Arrowhead Pride's Pete Sweeney reports Clyde Edwards-Helaire is "stepping up" at Chiefs OTAs.​

Sweeney said Edwards-Helaire "is in great shape, and [head coach Andy] Reid said he noticed he looks quick and strong." Isiah Pacheco, who took over lead back duties near the end of the 2022 season, is still recovering from surgeries to repair a broken hand and a torn labrum -- injuries he played with during Kansas City's Super Bowl run last winter. A massive fantasy disappointment in his first three NFL seasons, Edwards-Helaire, 24, wouldn't see considerable opportunity in the KC backfield unless Pacheco or Jerick McKinnon missed time in 2023. The Chiefs in early May declined CEH's fifth-year contract option.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Pete Sweeney on Twitter
May 25, 2023, 10:02 AM ET

I'm going into my 6th year playing ff. It's amazing to look back at some players and think of how much my opinion has changed-- and changed again. You're going to be wrong a lot in this business, just how it is. You have to try and understand what's emotional versus what's logical in terms of evaluating players and their ability to contribute value.

I'm by no means more scarred than many here by Clyde but it's hard to overlook those scars or times I was high on him only to have him disappoint. On an emotional level, he's such a no for most of us. But breaking down the logic it's just as easy to make a case against. He's not better at much --than guys on his own depth chart. And the team seems headed to a backfield split that might mean that nobody is good for ff on a consistent basis enough to trust to plug into your lineup.

McKinnon-Pacheco-CEH-Prince(?) If we look back at previous backfields that looked like this, we can simply say "no" unless you're throwing darts in later rounds in best ball. In dynasty, they're all holds until the roles get defined, either through the team's actions or those forced upon the team by injuries. He's a buy low but only in the way that other third string rbs are. He's just not a special talent, unfortunately.

So many careers and impressions are made and broken by injuries. It's such a bizarre and difficult part of the game. Everyone wants to have an edge in evaluating talent or reading situations. Then irrational coaching, luck and injuries blow up so much of that intellectual investment. In the end, chaos rules. The only true edge is paying attention and grinding. It's not a guarantee but it's the only way to make your own luck. And even that's not enough to overcome bad luck. But it's all we have.

I'm going into my 6th year playing ff. It's amazing to look back at some players and think of how much my opinion has changed-- and changed again. You're going to be wrong a lot in this business, just how it is. You have to try and understand what's emotional versus what's logical in terms of evaluating players and their ability to contribute value.

I'm by no means more scarred than many here by Clyde but it's hard to overlook those scars or times I was high on him only to have him disappoint. On an emotional level, he's such a no for most of us. But breaking down the logic it's just as easy to make a case against. He's not better at much --than guys on his own depth chart. And the team seems headed to a backfield split that might mean that nobody is good for ff on a consistent basis enough to trust to plug into your lineup.

McKinnon-Pacheco-CEH-Prince(?) If we look back at previous backfields that looked like this, we can simply say "no" unless you're throwing darts in later rounds in best ball. In dynasty, they're all holds until the roles get defined, either through the team's actions or those forced upon the team by injuries. He's a buy low but only in the way that other third string rbs are. He's just not a special talent, unfortunately.

So many careers and impressions are made and broken by injuries. It's such a bizarre and difficult part of the game. Everyone wants to have an edge in evaluating talent or reading situations. Then irrational coaching, luck and injuries blow up so much of that intellectual investment. In the end, chaos rules. The only true edge is paying attention and grinding. It's not a guarantee but it's the only way to make your own luck. And even that's not enough to overcome bad luck. But it's all we have.
Summarized: nope

While your comment made me chuckle and I appreciate that, I dont think that is all greenmountaingoat was saying.

What I heard from his statement was to keep an open mind and I dig that.

My opinion about CEH is and has been no thanks, but I am willing to change my mind if given reasons to.

While your comment made me chuckle and I appreciate that, I dont think that is all greenmountaingoat was saying.

My opinion about CEH is and has been no thanks, but I am willing to change my mind if given reasons to.
Flava Flave was the dopest

CEH is the nopest.

yup :)

Ignore emotions. CEH price should be set at Jerome Forde level. Interesting thing is I typed that then checked on KTC and they're actually RB 56 and 57.

yup :)

Ignore emotions. CEH price should be set at Jerome Forde level. Interesting thing is I typed that then checked on KTC and they're actually RB 56 and 57.
If I can get him as a fifth running back, I’m in

Otherwise, nope nope. Nope

Yeah my main issue with CEH has been hype and price. He has a play style I actually like but still lacks the burst/acceleration I think he needs to really hit at this level of competition.

If the price is that low now though I wouldn't mind having him just to see what if, even though I don't expect much.

He was pretty good for teams that went zero RB or hero RB last season, for about 4 weeks. PPR scoring was 19, 11, 9 and 21pts and then a dude 3.5 in week 5. To the bench he went!

I was doing pretty well in those leagues, that’s exactly the kind of production I try to find when going WR heavy earlier on in drafts.

This year, he will be free at the end of most drafts.

I simply don't think he could handle the enormous expectations.
I think college to the NFL is one thing and college to being a key cog on a top NFL team is far more difficult.
I'm ready to put a toe back in this water and added him a couple times. Once late in a draft and once as a throw-in in a trade.

Anyone else think similar?
If he's a bust then I'm dopey to even add him but....

I simply don't think he could handle the enormous expectations.
I think college to the NFL is one thing and college to being a key cog on a top NFL team is far more difficult.
I'm ready to put a toe back in this water and added him a couple times. Once late in a draft and once as a throw-in in a trade.

Anyone else think similar?
If he's a bust then I'm dopey to even add him but....
At the cost it is something I am considering as well. He was talented coming out (although not dynamic) but never got the attention in the passing game that I thought would make him valuable in that offense. He should be extra motivated this year after KC not picking up his 5th year option and seeing how challenging the RB market is around the league. If healthy we should see the best version of himself and that may be enough to climb the depth chart in that RB room.

I took him at 4.12 of a rookie draft in a league he had of course been cut. Already had Pachecho on the team and took Prince later in the draft but I was really not trying to corner the market on the Chiefs RB's, in fact really wish I could find a buyer for Pachecho. At this point I'm more hoping Prince shows enough to make CEH expendable.

It's not often that moving away from Andy Reid is a success but I think a change of scenery might do him some good and I specifically would like to see him end up in Cincy-that's kind of the best case scenario to me and it's something that's been rumored by at least one Bengals beat writer earlier this off-season. I just think getting paired with Burrow, who once was calling him the best athlete on the LSU team(which seems odd to say instead of best player), would possibly bring out the best in him.

I took him at 4.12 of a rookie draft in a league he had of course been cut. Already had Pachecho on the team and took Prince later in the draft but I was really not trying to corner the market on the Chiefs RB's, in fact really wish I could find a buyer for Pachecho. At this point I'm more hoping Prince shows enough to make CEH expendable.

It's not often that moving away from Andy Reid is a success but I think a change of scenery might do him some good and I specifically would like to see him end up in Cincy-that's kind of the best case scenario to me and it's something that's been rumored by at least one Bengals beat writer earlier this off-season. I just think getting paired with Burrow, who once was calling him the best athlete on the LSU team(which seems odd to say instead of best player), would possibly bring out the best in him.
Similar here. Had a bunch of extra picks in an FFPC draft this year and grabbed CEH in the late 4th and Prince in the 7th (thanks to @menobrown putting Prince on my radar after he took him in our SharkPool FFPC rookie draft). Seemed like a couple of good lottery tickets that I’m fine cutting before week 1 if it’s clear Pacheco is still the man at RB in KC.

When he's gotten on the field and given opportunities he really hasn't been as bad as he's perceived. Not 1st round good, but pretty solid IMO. In the 7 games he was healthy last year, he only eclipsed double digit carries in 1 game, a monster game vs. TB. Even with the lack of carries he was RB #12 over that span in FFPC. The question for him is can he stay healthy and will he get opportunities. Both big question marks, but I don't think anyone in the muddled KC RB room is exactly a stud and CEH seems like a decent roll of the dice where he's being drafted. I drafted him at RB 68 and 69 in two redrafts so far; over guys like Michael Carter, Pierre Strong, Dwayne McBride, Kyren Williams. I'm much rather have some skin in the Chiefs muddled RB room than those other teams muddled RB room. The biggest risk at this point is him being cut, which I suppose is a real possibility. I just don't believe that Pacheco is all that, but maybe the Chiefs do.

Some of you are still here from page 1. :)

Good call on page one, man. (I couldn't help it. I looked for me there. I think I take up your cause a bit later. Like when he gets drafted by KC and I'm floored and hurt by it because I have the 1.01 and there's no way I'm taking this guy. I wanted Swift, by the way, who hasn't turned out to be a worldburner, either. But not a complete bust like CEH.)

Some of you are still here from page 1. :)

Looking back in these threads is really hilarious especially given the time of year

If you were to take the advice of the front page in the forum right now every rookie is going to transcendental. The detroit offense is going to have about 10,000 yards this year and 80tds alone....lol

i think there is a bit of vitriol in a lot of the threads. Everyone convinced they have the crystal ball that tells them their guy is going to be the next huge thing

I suppose you're right. I was on the receiving end this time, though, so it seemed worse (always worse when it's happening to you). I remember the Eddie Lacy thread back around 2013 or 2014. I had people literally wanting to kick my *** about me saying he wasn't very good and would eat himself out of the league.

Users who are viewing this thread