What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Dalvin Cook, Free Agent (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I almost never criticize decisions around here cause who knows, really? I was just shooting the breeze. 

I can see your point: It's always tough to count on fantasy scoring maintenance based upon smaller workloads and receipt of the ball in positions on the field not generally conducive to TDs.

See, even though WR1s this year: Godwin, Chris and Chark, DJ

They both fell off a bit and were predicted to have done so by those two aforementioned factors alone.  
Yeah I just figured I'd talk out my decision making on the off chance someone else is an underdog against the Cook owner and making a similarly tough call. 

I have 10 minutes and I doubt I have the balls to go through with it haha. Ekeler has done right by me all season even in .5 PPR so benching him now even for a high ceiling play is tough. 

I’m hoping he sees this as an opportunity to shed the fragile label with a good performance today. Not confident but hoping. 

I’m hoping he sees this as an opportunity to shed the fragile label with a good performance today. Not confident but hoping. 
Deep down lots of people won't be satisfied until a sixteen-game season and a bit of a playoff run. 

I also don't think an AC joint is indicative of injury-proness at all. If an injury were someone and recurring, then it would make sense to call him that. As it is, the ACL moves to the soft tissue problem and the AC joint is just the smack of bone on bone.  

Last edited by a moderator:
And he wants that rushing title and a future contract, and knows Mattison is pretty good. I think if it's at all possible he probably guts it out. 

I last minute tried to switch out Cook for Devante Parker but the lineup locked as I was doing it and it did not go through. If Parker gets more points I get a moral victory, while if Cook gets more points I guess I might get a fantasy football victory. I can't lose!

Cook had 18 rushing attempts 62 yards 1 TD 2 targets 2 receptions 13 yards. Cook started the game and looked good. The Vikings spelled him with Mattison who had 14 carries 46 yards 2 targets 2 receptions 18 yards. Mike Boone had 5 rushing attempts for 13 yards as well.

The Vikings with a 3 score lead ran the clock out in the 2nd half with Mattison and then later in the game Boone. There was a drive where Mattison was the main RB until they got into the end zone and Cook came in for the score.

Cook made it through the game and looked good on some of his runs. Hopefully another week and his soreness if fully behind him.

Yeah I just figured I'd talk out my decision making on the off chance someone else is an underdog against the Cook owner and making a similarly tough call. 

I have 10 minutes and I doubt I have the balls to go through with it haha. Ekeler has done right by me all season even in .5 PPR so benching him now even for a high ceiling play is tough. 

I'm...very glad I didn't have the balls/misfortune to do this and just stuck with Ekeler over Mattisom lol. 

Dalvin Cook collected 62 yards and a touchdown on 18 carries along with two grabs for 13 yards on two targets Sunday in Minnesota’s Week 14 victory over the Lions.

He didn't appear limited at all, seeing his usual workload despite a shoulder injury that limited his practice participation throughout the week. Cook wasn't particularly effective on the ground, averaging an anemic 3.4 yards per carry while managing a long run of only nine yards. He salvaged what would have been a disappointing fantasy day with his league-leading 13th rushing touchdown, which came on a three-yard gallop with 20 seconds remaining in the first half. That puts him five shy of Adrian Peterson's franchise record of 18 rushing scores, a mark he achieved in 2019. Cook will remain a top-shelf fantasy option against the Chargers in Week 15.

Dalvin Cook (chest) was a full participant in practice Wednesday.

Cook said he came out of Week 14 feeling "healthy" and today's practice report confirms that. Fantasy owners should have no reservations about firing Cook up as an RB1 in Week 15 after he handled 20 total touches against the Lions.

SOURCE: Vikings on Twitter

Dec 11, 2019, 6:20 PM ET

Looked like his wrist? Don't want to be overly negative, but if they ruled him out that quickly, it's not a great sign for the rest of the year.

Rotoworld:

Dalvin Cook exited Week 15 against the Chargers with a shoulder injury and will not return.

Cook was injured around halftime, crumbled to ground in serious pain, and had to be helped off the field as he hugged his left shoulder tight against the body. He was in significant pain. It's the same shoulder Cook hurt a couple weeks ago. It appears much worse this time. Cook's status will be in doubt for Week 16 against the Packers. With Alexander Mattison also hurt, it's Ameer Abdullah and Mike Boone in the Vikings' backfield. Cook had nine carries for 27 yards and three catches for 16 yards before leaving the game.

Dec 15, 2019, 6:02 PM ET

This spelled the end of both my teams this year. Boone steals his TDs - Regardless, prob couldn’t win without him next week.

It was a run!

Good news: Next week is the Packers in a huge game, so if he can play, he will.

Bad news: It's the Monday nighter. God help us all.

Good news: Next week is the Packers in a huge game, so if he can play, he will.

Bad news: It's the Monday nighter. God help us all.
If you have Cook and somehow still win this week, I don’t know how you can possibly start him next week. He has gotten hit on that shoulder early and sat out the rest of the game twice in the last 3 weeks now. Way way too risky to start this guy next week.

Coach Mike Zimmer said "Yeah, it feels good today" when asked whether Dalvin Cook (shoulder) could play through his injury.

Zimmer added, "I think there wasn’t any issue with him. There were probably a couple of times we could have gotten the ball to him more." It sounds like Cook will be good to go for the Vikings' Week 16 matchup against the Packers. The status of Alexander Mattison (ankle) remains unclear, meaning Mike Boone and to a lesser extent Ameer Abdullah are the handcuffs to own. Note that the Vikings play on Monday night, so be sure to have a backup plan if Cook is ultimately ruled out.

SOURCE: Vikings on Tiwtter

Dec 16, 2019, 3:10 PM ET

It’s GB this week, right?  Wanting to win that game it’ll be the same as this week, if he says he can go, he’ll go.  Question again is how long do we think he’ll last

Wanting to win that game it’ll be the same as this week, if he says he can go, he’ll go. 
Wanting to win badly gives Zimmer incentive to say Cook is playing when he is not.  Doubly true with Mattison possibly out.  The Packers defense will have a much different strategy preparing for Cook/Mattison than Boone.

100% chance Cook sits if he cant go
Ya, it feels a lot like last week in that he told us he was good and then he was.  What you're hoping for is clarity off he's in without restriction or he's out.   This was a new thing.  Yes, maybe he has a low tolerance for pain but any RB can get knocked out of game any week....

Played him in both leagues and I won both. No way I’m taking that chance in the championship games. It’s too much money on the line. Unless he practices then I might consider it.

Tex

Game being on Monday night does not help.  At least tell us Mattison is good to go prior to the weekend.  

Game being on Monday night does not help.  At least tell us Mattison is good to go prior to the weekend.  
Yeah. Gives him an extra day but if he’s questionable on Sunday, do you start someone else if you don’t have another option Monday night?

• Sad
Reactions: SCT
fruity pebbles said:
Yeah. Gives him an extra day but if he’s questionable on Sunday, do you start someone else if you don’t have another option Monday night?
Yep most of us have Mattison as the cuff but lots won’t get Boone.  Need Mattison or Cook to be obviously playing before Saturday.  Today’s news sounds great for cook but still a hassle. I’m in super bowl in both leagues with cook in both.  

Adam Schefter is reporting he’d be surprised if Cook plays again during the regular season. Obviously probably just his opinion but saw it and thought I’d share 

wow this guy has really fallen off a cliff the last 8 weeks of the season. he was a stud early on but has really crashed back to earth lately.now this.

just cannot trust Cook in 2020 and beyond.

• Love
Reactions: SCT
What are you Cook owners doing? I own Mattison (which is apparently useless) :kicksrock:  

I guess I need to put a claim in for Boone, if I get him then I'll have a backup for Monday, if not, then #### really gets tough. 

This about par for the course?

Users who are viewing this thread