What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Damien Williams, ATL (3 Viewers)

May as well drop him in redraft...cant imagine he just jumps right back and gets enough carries unless then others get hurt (and NE and Denver aren’t exactly great matchups)
I kept maintaining he was droppable even during his mini-resurgence. He's utterly just a droppable back. It's figuring out when McCoy gets coach blessing to figure out the talent in this backfield.

I kept maintaining he was droppable even during his mini-resurgence. He's utterly just a droppable back. It's figuring out when McCoy gets coach blessing to figure out the talent in this backfield.
Well when i was needing a back with Conner hurt and bye weeks i started him twice.  One was ok and the next a stink fest when he got hurt

Well when i was needing a back with Conner hurt and bye weeks i started him twice.  One was ok and the next a stink fest when he got hurt
Oh yeah, I'm not questioning those that maintained with him or got him off the wire to start. Those are all decisions that come out in the wash and can be pefectly good ones. I just happened to see no need for the potential goose eggs.

Oh yeah, I'm not questioning those that maintained with him or got him off the wire to start. Those are all decisions that come out in the wash and can be pefectly good ones. I just happened to see no need for the potential goose eggs.
Right. Snell is available and as a Conner owner i may just pick him up.  I wouldn't start him this week but if I get by this week who knows what could happen

Dropped him for Minnesota defense. 

Hoping someone claims him A) so they drop to the bottom of the waivers B) and actually start him in weeks 14, 15, or 16.

Last edited by a moderator:
ESPN's Adam Teicher reports Damien Williams (ribs) "has a chance to play" Week 14 against the Patriots.

This is more of a personal projection from Teicher than a concrete timeline, but it's all we've got right now before practice reports clear things up starting Wednesday. Williams missed last week after injuring his ribs prior to the Chiefs' Week 12 bye. Kansas City did sign Spencer Ware today as insurance but that also could be a reaction to Darrel Williams' injury. With injuries all over the roster, preseason star RB Darwin Thompson is worth an add in deeper redraft leagues.

SOURCE: Adam Teicher on Twitter

Dec 3, 2019, 7:32 PM ET

Damien Williams (ribs) is not practicing Wednesday.

Darrel Williams (hamstring) was also absent Wednesday. Damien seems to have a much better shot at suiting up this week, but for now the Chiefs are down to LeSean McCoy, Darwin Thompson, and Spencer Ware. Thompson has the most upside of the trio ahead of a tough date with the Patriots.

SOURCE: Nate Taylor on Twitter

Dec 4, 2019, 1:11 PM ET

Rotoworld:

Damien Williams (ribs) is out for Week 14 against the Patriots.

Damien Williams is week to week and Darrel Williams was placed on injured reserve. That leaves the Chiefs with LeSean McCoy, Darwin Thompson, and Spencer Ware. Coach Andy Reid has previously said he wants to manage McCoy's total workload, but he's the best bet for touches in New England. The wild card is explosive rookie Darwin Thompson, who flashed in the preseason but is largely unproven. Perhaps Thompson gets involved as a pass-catcher out of the backfield.

SOURCE: Adam Teicher on Twitter

Dec 6, 2019, 2:27 PM ET

Damien Williams (ribs) returned to practice Wednesday.

It's the first time Williams has practiced since initially injuring his ribs in Mexico City against the Chargers. Spencer Ware (31 snaps, 40%), LeSean McCoy (24, 31%), and Darwin Thompson (21, 27%) were all involved in Williams' absence against the Patriots, potentially making Kansas City's backfield situation an utter mess if the latter is cleared for Sunday. Williams can't be trusted as anything more than a cross-your-fingers RB4/FLEX if active.

SOURCE: Herbie Teope on Twitter

Dec 11, 2019, 2:32 PM ET

Damien Williams (ribs) remained "limited" on Thursday.

It's obviously a huge development that Williams has resumed practicing, but we don't have much to go on otherwise. Two limited sessions after two weeks on the sideline don't tell us a whole lot. The most coach Andy Reid has mustered this week is that Williams will "test it out." We could be looking at a game-time decision vs. the Broncos on Sunday. Thankfully, it's a 1PM ET kickoff. Williams would be the top back in the Chiefs' backfield if he plays but merely an RB4.

Dec 12, 2019, 5:28 PM ET

Damien Williams (questionable, ribs, illness) is not expected to play Week 15 against the Broncos.

Williams had been trending toward a return this week, but his absence from Friday's practice put him on the wrong side of questionable and now it appears he'll miss his third straight game. With Williams unlikely to dress, expect the Chiefs to employ a three-man committee featuring LeSean McCoy, Darwin Thompson and Spencer Ware. McCoy is the best fantasy bet of those three, though fantasy owners competing in the semi-finals likely have better options at their disposal.

RELATED: 

LeSean McCoy

, Spencer Ware

, Darwin Thompson

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 15, 2019, 8:11 AM ET

Damien Williams (ribs) returned to practice Wednesday.

Williams was close to returning to game action against the Broncos but downgraded with an illness at week's end and ultimately ruled out. He sounds close to being ready, though his workload with LeSean McCoy, Darwin Thompson, and Spencer Ware all involved the past two games remains unclear. Williams can't be trusted for Championship Week but does make for an interesting small-slate DFS tourney punt if active.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on Twitter

Dec 18, 2019, 5:17 PM ET

Damien Williams rushed 16 times for 65 yards and caught three passes for 27 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 16 win over Chicago.

Williams was part of a two-back committee with LeSean McCoy inactive. He saw 11 more touches than Spencer Ware, who left early in the fourth quarter with a shoulder injury. Williams was the preferred red-zone back, where he caught a 14-yard touchdown on a strike from Patrick Mahomes. He looked fully healthy after sitting the last three weeks. The Chiefs are calling McCoy’s scratch "load management," so depending on Ware's status, Williams will likely return to a three-man backfield in Week 17.

What a bust.  Set a new career high in rushing yards...with 498.  

He'll honestly be much more interesting going into next season.  If he's going in the 5th/6th round, getting the KC rb at that price point makes a ton of sense.  In the 2nd/3rd round...yikes.  

That said, I'm sure they'll bring someone else in.  

He'll honestly be much more interesting going into next season.  If he's going in the 5th/6th round, getting the KC rb at that price point makes a ton of sense.  In the 2nd/3rd round...yikes.  

There is more football to be played yet this year

Praying Bell lands here in the off season. Know it’s unlikely but a great fit that would resurrect Bell’s fantasy value. 

Damien Williams contributed 47 yards and two touchdowns on 12 carries while also supplying two grabs for 21 yards and a touchdown on six targets Sunday in Kansas City’s Divisional Round win over the Texans.

Picking up precisely where he left off in last year's postseason, Williams was a one-man wrecking crew Sunday, making three end-zone explorations in Sunday's triumph. Two of his touchdowns were of the goal-line variety while the third came on a second-quarter wheel route from Patrick Mahomes, who engineered an incredible seven straight touchdown drives at one point. Unlike earlier this year, Williams faced little backfield competition, seeing the field on all but two snaps (59-of-61) in Sunday's rout. Going back to last year's postseason, Williams has filled the stat sheet with a remarkable seven touchdowns over his last three playoff games. Kansas City can capture its first conference title next week with a win over Tennessee. Williams piled up 109 yards from scrimmage when the Titans visited Arrowhead earlier this season.

Jan 12, 2020, 6:46 PM ET

Damien Williams rushed 17 times for 45 yards and one score, adding five catches for another 44 yards in the Chiefs' Conference Championship win over the Titans.

LeSean McCoy (illness) was ruled inactive prior to kick-off, but even his availability probably wouldn't have mattered. Williams inevitably out-touched Darwin Thompson 22 to 1, moving his postseason totals to 29/92/3 rushing and 7/65/1 receiving (on 12 targets) ahead of both McCoy and Thompson. Andy Reid has treated Williams as the team's true bell-cow since the latter initially returned from his ribs injury in Week 16 and that's fully expected to continue in Super Bowl LIV. It wouldn't be surprising to see McCoy outright healthy scratched for that one.

Jan 19, 2020, 6:27 PM ET

Damien Williams rushed 17 times for 104 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Super Bowl LIV victory over the 49ers, adding four receptions for 29 yards and an additional score.

Former journeyman Williams coronated his first season as lead back with a pair of fourth quarter touchdowns as the Chiefs completed their comeback from a 20-10 deficit. Williams finally exceeded 50 carries in a season, but he struggled to do anything with them in the Chiefs’ pass-focused offense. As signalled by his late-summer acquisition of LeSean McCoy, coach Andy Reid never quite trusted Williams as a bell-cow, though Williams did eventually blow by Shady on the depth chart. 27-year-old Williams missed five games with injury, including Weeks 13-15 with a rib ailment. Williams is due an affordable, but non-guaranteed, $1.85 million for 2020. He could be back as part of a committee, but there will be no more talk of Williams being an RB2. The Chiefs could opt for a complete overhaul of their backfield.

Still hoping against hope that Le'Veon ends up in KC.

Still, Williams had a nice playoff stretch. Feel like the Chiefs do take an RB in the first three rounds of the draft and/or deal for Bell or L. Miller.

Williams is a stud in this offense when healthy. He looked the part last night, and he practically carried the Chiefs O at times.

What else does this guy have to do to show he should be the lead dog in KC? I would still draft another RB because you always need good backs and it is a position that suffers more injuries than all the other positions.

But Williams has proven and done everything he can to show he deserves #1 status in KC heading into 2020 without question. 

Really good receiving option out of the backfield,  lacking as a runner.
Looked pretty damn effective last night as a runner. I don't think he is the best and most natural runner I have ever seen. When he played down here in Miami he struggled as a runner. But in that KC offense.....he is a perfect fit. All he has done is produced when given the chance.

It is undeniable. 

I think I would have given him the MVP.  He had two TD's (and could have had three if Mahomes pitches instead of keeping.....either one would have worked) and over 100 yds rushing.  He made big runs to pick up 1st downs throughout with 4 and 5 yd runs.  Made people miss in space.  I think he played the best.

Mahomes didn't play great.  He played good enough.  I think they lose that game without Williams' effort. 

Looked pretty damn effective last night as a runner. I don't think he is the best and most natural runner I have ever seen. When he played down here in Miami he struggled as a runner. But in that KC offense.....he is a perfect fit. All he has done is produced when given the chance.

It is undeniable. 
It's pretty deniable to me. Offense had not had a running game defenses respect since they lost Hunt and I think it's held them back at times.

As good as their offense is they only have one legit red zone option in Kelce and they lack a running game that defenses respect.

It's pretty deniable to me. Offense had not had a running game defenses respect since they lost Hunt and I think it's held them back at times.

As good as their offense is they only have one legit red zone option in Kelce and they lack a running game that defenses respect.
I agree with all of this but in the game yesterday, Williams played great.

They will probably draft a RB. They need one. No question. But Williams has earned the opportunity to compete for the starting gig. That is all I am saying.

Todem said:
They will probably draft a RB. They need one. No question. But Williams has earned the opportunity to compete for the starting gig. That is all I am saying.
They'll draft someone.  Then Williams will be that annoying vet that won't get out of the rookie's way.  And we'll all be guessing all off-season.

Users who are viewing this thread