What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Deon Jackson, CLE (1 Viewer)

Doubt JT comes back at all this year. Not sure how much volume DJack gets over Moss but this offense has to move the ball somehow. Even bad offenses get 150-200 yards.
What makes you think JT will be out. Why?
Irsay clearly wants to lose. Why would he let JT back? He'll make him milk the injury.
This is probably the reason they hired a company man like Saturday to be the HC. Irsay didn't want the team to rally around some interim like Marcus Brady for a few weeks and accidentally eke out a few wins.

Doubt JT comes back at all this year. Not sure how much volume DJack gets over Moss but this offense has to move the ball somehow. Even bad offenses get 150-200 yards.
What makes you think JT will be out. Why?
Irsay clearly wants to lose. Why would he let JT back? He'll make him milk the injury.
This is probably the reason they hired a company man like Saturday to be the HC. Irsay didn't want the team to rally around some interim like Marcus Brady for a few weeks and accidentally eke out a few wins.
Exactly

Deon Jackson rushed 13 times for 55 yards and caught a one-yard touchdown in the Colts' Week 15 loss to the Vikings.​

Jackson took a backseat to Zack Moss (24 carries) after Jonathan Taylor left with an ankle injury in the first quarter. The Colts used Jackson on third downs over Moss, but he wasn't a factor in the passing game outside of his one-yard receiving TD. With Taylor at risk of getting shut down, Jackson should have value down the stretch, but his upside is capped with Moss getting early down work.
Dec 17, 2022, 5:48 PM ET

Soooooo. It’s been awhile. I’ll be that guy who gives this thread a bump.

Moss has a broken arm and Hull has been unimpressive. Deon is the back I want with the probable JT trade looming. As long as Hunt doesn’t get the call from the Indy GM.

Every time he got a decent opportunity he seemed to show up very well. Against Den, Jax, Min & Hou he went 46-194-1 rushing with 21-184-0 receiving. He fell flat against the Patriots but there is no shame in getting stymied by a top run defense on the road.

He's not Taylor but I think he could produce some respectable numbers if given the opportunity. I like him better than any other RB on the roster, including Moss.

He's not Taylor but I think he could produce some respectable numbers if given the opportunity. I like him better than any other RB on the roster, including Moss.
Same, and I like Hull. Deon is a more patient runner. Admittedly I haven’t seen that much of Hull so limited sample size.

Also IMO Deon would benefit from the RPO system with ARich.

When defenses are keyed on stopping Richardson, Jackson should have some wide open lanes.

I watched most of the Colts games last year on TV.

I thought Deon Jackson looked a bit better then Zach Moss last year. However, Moss seemed to be in front of Jackson on the depth chart last year once both were on the team.

Of course, Moss broke his arm a few weeks ago and the coaching staff is completely new so who knows about this year.

Also, I'm just a fan so and not a talent evaluator so take what I say with a big grain of salt.

No one is rooting harder for a JT deal more than Deon/Hull shareholders like me.

I have that combo in my most RB needy league.

May the FF gods deliver
:tebow:
Better get Drake
Yeah, I've always enjoyed watching him play. He looks the part of a #1 back every time I see him play. But, I don't know what it is about Drake that makes NFL teams not want to use him as a feature back but it really s me Ms like they don't.

But his presence in Indy makes it likely it will be a real committee approach if Taylor is gone. You'll almost certainly hurt yourself more than help chasing last weeks RB point leader in Indy.

Is he the guy to get in Indy? With so many question marks surrounding Taylor and him being out at least 4 games, is he worth a flier? Do you prefer Moss or Hull more?

This is a situation I would like to avoid especially this early in the year or not have to worry about until Bye weeks come into effect, but I have a soft spot for Deon because I played him during those breakout games last year and I think he is better than Moss.

Is he the guy to get in Indy? With so many question marks surrounding Taylor and him being out at least 4 games, is he worth a flier? Do you prefer Moss or Hull more?

This is a situation I would like to avoid especially this early in the year or not have to worry about until Bye weeks come into effect, but I have a soft spot for Deon because I played him during those breakout games last year and I think he is better than Moss.
I will say this for what it's worth, Moss was looking pretty good until he broke his arm and was the clear #1 behind Taylor. I think Deon Jackson will start week #1 and is worth a late flier pick on late in drafts but when Moss comes back he will be the starter until JT comes back. Moss did not practice yesterday with the team and if he doesn't practice today he isn't going to play week #1. That will mean Jackson will see the majority of the reps through the first two weeks of the season.

Colts RB Deon Jackson is expected to start Week 1 vs Jacksonville.
Jackson gets the start with Zack Moss (forearm) likely to miss the opener. Evan Hull will serve as the RB2 behind Jackson. The Colts will likely go with a committee of Moss and Jackson when Moss returns.

This is why I love holding off on my draft as long as possible.

Hoping my league mates are too busy drinking beers on the beach and munching on hot dogs and don't notice this type of news.

Could have a starter in round 13-14 (unless the various platforms increase his projections).

Colts RB Deon Jackson is expected to start Week 1 vs Jacksonville.
Jackson gets the start with Zack Moss (forearm) likely to miss the opener. Evan Hull will serve as the RB2 behind Jackson. The Colts will likely go with a committee of Moss and Jackson when Moss returns.
Is there a link?

Aaron Wilson

@AaronWilson_NFL

On #Colts running back situation w/ Jonathan Taylor out 1st four games, Deon Jackson slated to start first game against #Jaguars per league sources. And Zack Moss, making speedy recovery from wrist surgery, expected back by second or third week, per sources
@KPRC2
#NFL

No JT. No Moss.

A really great early season flex if you waiting to see how other spots shake out.

If Doubs is out week 1, I’m gonna flex Deon in my 16 team dynasty.

Pray for me.
Deon vs JAX. Lots of unknowns. JAX 24 IND 20, based on the odds, with Deon getting a late TD. JAX looked great in preseason, it could be a route.
I have low expectations for INDY right now, and have a feeling that if there’s a RZTD it’s gonna be ARich.

I still might roll with Warren for the receptions. Against my Niners.
🥹

I’d rather have Doubs.

Miles Sanders went 27-134-2 against Jax last year in Shane Steichen's offense. Now Indy doesn't have the Eagles oline and Sanders is more talented than Jackson but they may try to run it to keep heat off of Richardson early.

Now I'm debating between Mostert of Jackson week 1.

in drafts still to come, where do people see him going? 7th/8th round maybe?
Too many unknowns with JT to take him that high, IMO.

Ideally you want a sleeper pick who’s gonna help down the stretch.

Redraft owners will struggle to have him in the lineup other than the 1st 4 weeks, and it could still be that Hull shows better once the games start.

Then you have Moss & JT coming back.

Sure, if you *knew* JT would be dealt or wouldn’t play, maybe 8-9th round.

I still have him as a 14th ~> dart throw.

Deon is about to rip off 60 total yards and no tds. Then give up lead dog spot to Moss. Who will rush for 300 yards in the next 4 games. Then he will give up lead dog spot to Taylor. Who will realize he needs to finish strong to get paid. He will ball out and will remind the world how great a RB he is. Mahalo

If he's on your team, and you cannot start him week 1 with JT and Moss out, why is he on your team?
So that if he goes off in wk 1, you can try trading him for something.
But until there’s clarity with JT’s long term outlook, no one is going to pay much for Deon for a ~month of production.

It’s a catch-22. Even if he goes off, it doesn’t bump his value since he’s seen as a stop-gap.

You could have better options to start and holding him hoping for a nice week 1 and an increased trade value.
Unless we get clarity on JT (trade, health, etc) and until we see how the Colts deploy Jackson/Hull, and until we know what role Moss will have upon return, I’m skeptical we see a significant uptick in Deon’s trade value.

If he's on your team, and you cannot start him week 1 with JT and Moss out, why is he on your team?
But until there’s clarity with JT’s long term outlook, no one is going to pay much for Deon for a ~month of production.

It’s a catch-22. Even if he goes off, it doesn’t bump his value since he’s seen as a stop-gap.
If there's a starting RB out there I tend to grab immediately and ask questions later.

If waiver's were run today he'd be the #1 claim.

Hoping to grab post round 10 tmrw night.

Right. The value to my mind, and I get why people think otherwise, is that Jackson--and Dalvin Cook--can be starters right away, then in a few weeks, maybe they lose their jobs, but hopefully the unclear situations you drafted elsewhere sort themselves.

Trading him? Fellas, people believe Zach Moss is gonna take the job from Deon, and you gonna trade Jackson? If Zach Moss takes your job, or is a threat to your job, I'm not trading for you.

We have seen these young running QBs have success right off the bat. Deon could benefit from that. I kind of expect a top 12-16 RB finish from him week 1. They are missing two out of three top backs!! The only dude left is a white rookie from Northwestern! That's fine if some mechanical engineering breaks out on the football field, but Deon gonna get a lot of work.

If Mixon and Evans was out this week, there'd be a Chase Brown Jamboree in the Shark Pool. Volume is everything. Deon gonna get a lot of work.
Also, you really wanna bet against a Deon this week? :COACHPRIME:

Only way I see is if someone went "Punt RB2" and JT was their only top 20 or so RB. They might be interested in getting 50-75% of his points for a bench player.

The only dude left is a white rookie from Northwestern! That's fine if some mechanical engineering breaks out on the football field, but Deon gonna get a lot of wowork.
Don't underedtimate the dude from NW with similar measureables to CMC. Hull and Deon could end up competing for 3rd down duty long-term, as both are good receiving backs. That's my hesitancy for starting Deon in the 1st game vs JAX, I think they like Hull and will play him at least 30%.

Don't underedtimate the dude from NW with similar measureables to CMC. Hull and Deon could end up competing for 3rd down duty long-term, as both are good receiving backs. That's my hesitancy for starting Deon in the 1st game vs JAX, I think they like Hull and will play him at least 30%.
I think people overestimate how many of these late round backs can actually get work in week 1

Only way I see is if someone went "Punt RB2" and JT was their only top 20 or so RB. They might be interested in getting 50-75% of his points for a bench player.
I could see a JT owner wanting him as a bridge. But yeah - that’s about the only circumstance.

I think people overestimate how many of these late round backs can actually get work in week 1
Yeah - the more I think about it the more likely I am to roll with Warren if Doubs is out.

(Don’t judge - it’s a 16 team IDP dynasty - Warren is actually better than several teams RB2)

I got him 10.12 in a 16 team Standard league w/ Double Flex (WR/TE and WR/RB/TE). He might have a role after Week 1 as a pass catcher but yeah, he's a hope-and-pray guy that maybe Moss is ineffective.

Deon Jackson had 13 carries for 14 yards in the Colts’ Week 1 loss to the Jaguars, adding five receptions for 14 yards.

Jackson, the centerpiece of the Colts offensive game plan, was horrendous from start to finish. It’s difficult to remember a more inefficient running back performance, as Jackson took handoff after handoff from Anthony Richardson and did absolutely nothing with them. Forced into a heavy workload because Evan Hull (knee) was sidelined, Jackson’s role as primary back has to come into serious question before Indy’s Week 2 game against Houston. Jake Funk appeared to be a far superior option to Jackson late in Sunday’s loss to the Jaguars.
- Rotoworld

Deon Jackson had 13 carries for 14 yards in the Colts’ Week 1 loss to the Jaguars, adding five receptions for 14 yards.

Jackson, the centerpiece of the Colts offensive game plan, was horrendous from start to finish. It’s difficult to remember a more inefficient running back performance, as Jackson took handoff after handoff from Anthony Richardson and did absolutely nothing with them. Forced into a heavy workload because Evan Hull (knee) was sidelined, Jackson’s role as primary back has to come into serious question before Indy’s Week 2 game against Houston. Jake Funk appeared to be a far superior option to Jackson late in Sunday’s loss to the Jaguars.
- Rotoworld
HOF’er.

Users who are viewing this thread