What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devon Achane, MIA (1 Viewer)

Echoing my earlier notion of hoping Mostert hits a wall this off season. Achane has the potential to be RB1 if he gets the majority of touches and stays healthy (A big if).

His draft position will be interesting to monitor for next year. I'm not the guy to take him in the 1st but every draft will have one owner who will. His upside is record breaking. My problem is his floor is he plays 4 games.

Echoing my earlier notion of hoping Mostert hits a wall this off season. Achane has the potential to be RB1 if he gets the majority of touches and stays healthy (A big if).
McDaniel loves Mostert and he will be back. However, I think his role will be reduced but he will frustrate Achane owners because he will be the goal line back. It was amazing how intent McDaniel was to pound Mostert at the goal line. He did get a lot of TDs but not sure it was anything Achane or Wilson wouldn’t have done with the same opportunity. Don’t think it was special skill set.

McDaniel loves Mostert and he will be back. However, I think his role will be reduced but he will frustrate Achane owners because he will be the goal line back. It was amazing how intent McDaniel was to pound Mostert at the goal line. He did get a lot of TDs but not sure it was anything Achane or Wilson wouldn’t have done with the same opportunity. Don’t think it was special skill set.
Mostert took his game to another level this year, not sure if he can keep it up next year at age 32, assuming he stays. Brooks will be here and one of Wilson or Mostert, depending on $$. Jeff Wilson could be a short yardage back, he has power, but he's not as good as Mostert who has speed and vision to take it outside or cutback on short yardage and other plays.

Mostert has a pff grade of 87.5, best of his career by far. Achane's grade is 92.8, it went up a little after yesterday's game where he made several splash runs and a nice leaping TD grab. He doesn't leave many yards on the field. MIA hasn't fully tapped his receiving skills. He won't be a cowbell back, are there any besides Barkley. Taylor, and CMC? But he should get well over 50% of the action next year. He's good between the tackles, but my bet is he shares GL carries next year. Need to reduce wear and tear.

His draft position will be interesting to monitor for next year. I'm not the guy to take him in the 1st but every draft will have one owner who will. His upside is record breaking. My problem is his floor is he plays 4 games.
I can keep him for $12 in my $250-cap keep-4 auction league. Because of that, I won’t feel the need to grab him in the first round of redrafts. But most redraft leagues will probably have at least one person who covets him and doesn’t have any shares.

Opportunity is definitely the question.

It's amazing to look at the big board of RB stats right now through 16 games.
What stands out immediately is that Achane has put up amazing stats on only 93 carries.
There are 20+ RBs behind him with far more opportunities but fewer points.

It's insane how Miami landed the two fastest WRs and two fastest RBs in the league. Each player is arguably in the top tier for big play ability.

Achane can go off for 30+ points every single game. He's a TD waiting to happen. Opportunity and health will be the only thing keeping him back from being the best fantasy player.

Users who are viewing this thread