What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devonta Freeman, BAL (4 Viewers)

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1436073703717097477

Jeff Zrebiec @jeffzrebiec

Ravens were interested in signing RB Devonta Freeman earlier in wk after they felt like he had good workout. With path to immediate playing time, Freeman now comes aboard. Unlike Bell, he has camp/preseason under his belt. Could make him more ready to step in asap and play
Apparently during the game they mentioned Ravens wanted to sign Freeman earlier and he refused, wanting a fair shot with another team (Edwards was still healthy). Even if Murray is signed Freeman might have an advantage with the staff for a week or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravens promoted RB Devonta Freeman from the practice squad.

Ravens had two vacant spots on their active roster and decidedly chose Freeman to be promoted over Le'Veon Bell. Coach John Harbaugh said he'll rotate all on game days moving forward, squeezing Ty'Son Williams' touches despite his immense talent over the others. Bell could still be added in the coming weeks, making this a four-headed hot-hand backfield rather than three. Freeman is an easy player to avoid in fantasy.
Behold, the winner of the 1C role in Baltimore's backfield and Latavius Murray's competition.

I think anyone holding out hope for Leveon can safely let it go now.

There have to be better lottery picks out there to grab and hold.

I think anyone holding out hope for Leveon can safely let it go now.

There have to be better lottery picks out there to grab and hold.
I think the same for him and Freeman.  Watching folks run to pick either of these guys makes me giggle.   I actually drop Bell in a dynasty i took over this year.  No ragrets.

Devonta Freeman had three rushes for eight yards in the Ravens' Week 3 win against the Lions. 

The Ravens were strangely intent on establishing the run early on with Freeman, who saw all three of his carries in the first quarter. The team quickly gave up on feeding any running back and relied on Lamar Jackson as their rushing attack. Freeman -- along with fellow washed veterans Latavius Murray and Le'Veon Bell -- offer little in the way of fantasy value. 

Murray last 3 weeks...snap count

62%, 49%, 38% and assuming he got injured or it would have been around 50%

Freeman last 2 weeks, 27% and 30%...

Lev Bell just simply doesn't factor in to a lot of this. 

I see the uptick now that others see for Freeman this week, even if he just adds a few more snaps he should be somewhere in the 40-50%+ range, I truly hope he can handle the workload and catches something like 2-3-4 balls for an extra 30+ yds, that would make him a winner today. 

I plan on starting him now so I can fall on the sword for all of you that opt not to go with him today vs Cincinnati. Hope the Bengals make it a great game with a score somewhere around 27-20, 31-21, something like that should offer some scoring opportunities. 

Ive been debating starting Freeman over Sanders….FBG’s says start Sanders but he’s been a disappointment due to usage and Freeman is on the upswing

I’ve got him in over Collins / Herbert. Byes and injuries forcing my hand. Not that it means much but I thought he looked the best of the 3 last week 🤷🏽‍♂️

Starting over Herbert. I have a feeling this is a game he separates from the rest of the running backs on the team just a little bit. Think he is due for a couple goal line gimmes also.

Well those of us who started Freeman got screwed.  Bell has been in for all but 1 play from what I've seen. 
I knew I should not have started reading up on this guy,  didn't get much Williams hype. 

Freeman starters take a massive ZERO today, that stinks when there was plenty to choose from. 

IDIOTS ALL OF US JUST IDIOTS

:rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything beyond this after what was shown in the window on the flop(Hold'em)...

TD already on limited snaps and touches, maybe that's the trend, no matter who is OUT or behind him

Devonta Freeman had 13 rushes for 78 yards in the Ravens' Week 9 win against the Vikings, adding two catches for four yards and a touchdown. 

Freeman led the team in rushing attempts and rushing yards, though Le'Veon Bell got a goal line carry in the second half that he punched into the end zone. Freeman showed a little wiggle and burst on a handful of second half runs; he's clearly the team's best rushing option if they're going to refuse to play Ty'Son Williams going forward. Freeman should easily see double digit rushing attempts in Week 10 against Miami.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Users who are viewing this thread