What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Doug Martin, Free Agent (2 Viewers)

A guy dropped him last week.  I don't get it.  Why do you draft a running back knowing full well he's suspended and then drop him the week before he comes back? :loco:

I got a feeling Belichick/Patricia will be more focused on stopping Jameis, could leave some room for the TB run game. We shall see

I'm still bitter he cost me the super bowl last year getting benched week 16. That said I am sadly excited to start the muscle hamster again, no reason to think he won't be a big part of the game plan....

Roto

Doug Martin admitted he is "not sure" how many snaps he'll play in Thursday night's game against the Patriots.

"I'm gonna go out there and just do the best that I can do, be as ready as I can be, just play for these guys," Martin said. "I'm not sure [how many snaps]. I'm just going to go out there and play to the best of my ability. Whatever that is, it's Coach [Dirk Koetter's] decision, it's what he decides to do. I'm for it." Martin has spent the last three weeks watching the Bucs' games at sports bars while staying in shape. A true featured role seems unlikely in Week 5, but that is a decision that has not yet been made.

No one who has been holding Martin for a month is going to trade him now unless the offer is very good. The time to buy Martin was week 1 or 2.

Doug Martin admitted he is "not sure" how many snaps he'll play in Thursday night's game against the Patriots.

"I'm gonna go out there and just do the best that I can do, be as ready as I can be, just play for these guys," Martin said. "I'm not sure [how many snaps]. I'm just going to go out there and play to the best of my ability. Whatever that is, it's Coach [Dirk Koetter's] decision, it's what he decides to do. I'm for it." Martin has spent the last three weeks watching the Bucs' games at sports bars while staying in shape. A true featured role seems unlikely in Week 5, but that is a decision that has not yet been made.

No one who has been holding Martin for a month is going to trade him now unless the offer is very good. The time to buy Martin was week 1 or 2.
I would. I'm sitting on the best RB core I've ever had with L. Bell, J. Howard, K. Hunt, and Martin as my #4. I offered up him and D. Jackson for M Evans but was turned down.

I lost DJ.

Picked up Blount last week.

I'll play Blount over Martin this week.  I expect Martin to have a lighter load and a angry opponent.

I hope Martin gives me no reason to sit him the remainder of the season.

..and Samesong is correct...I would not trade Martin after rostering him for five weeks.

I lost DJ.

Picked up Blount last week.

I'll play Blount over Martin this week.  I expect Martin to have a lighter load and a angry opponent.

I hope Martin gives me no reason to sit him the remainder of the season.

..and Samesong is correct...I would not trade Martin after rostering him for five weeks.
Have you seen the Patriots defense? I'm not sure it matters how angry they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to start him due to losing cook.  Agree he prob gets eased in but I bet he's gets a decent amount of touches
Martin seems like a logical replacement for Cook. We too lost Cook, Bummer!

I can see Martin being eased in on snap control counts this week. I also see him pretty highly ranked in the top 200 moving forward. Therefore, rolling the dice with Martin it appears.

I'd say Martin is and will be a low RB #1 or high RB #2 for the rest of the season barring injuries, etc.

For me, it's either him or Smallwood/Alex Collins... so... I'm playing him
Weird that I have all three of those guys as well.

Fortunately I also have Hyde, Abdullah, Howard and Henry so I'm not forced to start Martin this week.

If Zeke suspended, I'll be forced to start him. If not, A. Abdullah in instead.

Would rather see what happens this week. Short week, hasn't been knocked around in pads, can't imagine he gets more than 5-10 touches.

Would rather see what happens this week. Short week, hasn't been knocked around in pads, can't imagine he gets more than 5-10 touches.
Stranger things have happened.

Tex

I don't think his fitness will impact his utilization on any level, I am confident that he is in great condition.

The concern is the short week where the team has one practice to install this week's game plan. Not being in the meeting rooms for the past four weeks could be more significant in that regard than his conditioning.

I hope he gets 20 touches though. That would be awesome.

Doug Martin returned to the Bucs’ locker room this week to the delight of everyone on the roster. There were all kinds of big smiles and hugs from other players to him as he came back to his locker space yesterday, and I’m sure there were smiles from the coaching staff today seeing him out in a helmet and cleats.

Martin was getting the “first team” reps early on in practice and should be the team’s go-to back despite him being away from game experience for five weeks.
Courtesy PewterReport.com

The early projections from FBGs in full PPR have him around 6.10 points.

:rant:

I def have a weakness for the guy. We was a steady eddie RB2 as a rookie for about 6-7 weeks or so, then came the blow up v. the Vikings on TNF (he and ADP both had 64 yard TDs in the third quarter), followed by a 251 yard game with 4 TDs the following week.

:wub:

The early projections from FBGs in full PPR have him around 6.10 points.

:rant:

I def have a weakness for the guy. We was a steady eddie RB2 as a rookie for about 6-7 weeks or so, then came the blow up v. the Vikings on TNF (he and ADP both had 64 yard TDs in the third quarter), followed by a 251 yard game with 4 TDs the following week.

:wub:
That was the only season I owned him, until this yr

I remember that Thurs night game :)

kyoun1e said:

Doug Martin has had the longest week of any back in the league. 

Hasn't been beat up yet, I'm not sure this is the negative you think it is.

Doug Martin is going to be a beast. I just don’t think it starts this week. I have a feeling they are going to work him in slowly

Doug Martin is going to be a beast. I just don’t think it starts this week. I have a feeling they are going to work him in slowly
Doug is the #1 guy. He will get the majority of the touches. If he's winded Quizz will spell him. Sims may take some 3rd down and/or situational stuff. 

You don't ease in your highly paid RB when the Patriots come to town on Thursday night. You cut him loose. 

Users who are viewing this thread