What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, DAL (2 Viewers)

Sweet! Play out his existing contract and hit the road. #######. 

After seeing the video....meh. Not a good look but he's got to be smarter than that. NOTHING good comes after midnight. 3 AM+alcohol+young+dumb+girls= potential disaster
i was more intrigued by the "Electric Daisy Carnival". Doing a quick google search tells me there is probably more involved then just alcohol. 

Not bad, but i won't be happy until i read a headline like this with an NFL player at ICP's "The Gathering" with the rest of the juggalos

Pretty minor. He gets in the guys face but doesn’t really shove him, guy loses his balance after being backed into a gate. That said this obviously isn’t his first go around. He’s a moron. Wasn’t arrested or charged with anything. Still guessing a couple games.
Isn’t he in sort of mandatory 6 game territory as a repeat offender of PCP?

lmfao, most of this league is made up of thugs.....even golden boys like brady get suspended.....Ill take the points when I can get em even from scumbags.....
I'll take safe players like McCaffrey and Juju over similarly valued players who have some concerns like Zeke and Fournette do.  Tyreek Hill was worth more than Juju a couple of months ago.  Now he's worth a late 2nd round rookie pick. 

The problem with taking points from scumbags isn't morality, it's that time after time they do dumb crap we should have seen coming and kill their own fantasy value. If it's not something dumb off the field, it's something in the locker room like AB or sit out a year like Le'veon Bell. 

After the damage Hill, Bell, AB, and Fournette have done to their dynasty value in the last 8 months I am trying to stay away from this type of risk... or at least sell when the value gets to 1st or 2nd round startup picks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take safe players like McCaffrey and Juju over similarly valued players who have some concerns like Zeke and Fournette do.  Tyreek Hill was worth more than Juju a couple of months ago.  Now he's worth a late 2nd round rookie pick. 

The problem with taking points from scumbags isn't morality, it's that time after time they do dumb crap we should have seen coming and kill their own fantasy value. If it's not something dumb off the field, it's something in the locker room like AB or sit out a year like Le'veon Bell. 

After the damage Hill, Bell, AB, and Fournette have done to their dynasty value in the last 8 months I am trying to stay away from this type of risk... or at least sell when the value gets to 1st or 2nd round startup picks. 
This is a lot of hyperbole for a guy who should have never been suspended in the first place, won’t be suspended for this, has two rushing crowns, over 5k yards from scrimmage, almost 40TDs in three seasons and is only 23 years old. 

This is a lot of hyperbole for a guy who should have never been suspended in the first place, won’t be suspended for this, has two rushing crowns, over 5k yards from scrimmage, almost 40TDs in three seasons and is only 23 years old. 
Maybe I went a little overboard there, especially if it wasn't clear that I was speaking generally rather than calling Zeke a scumbag. Zeke is more in the knucklehead category for me as is Fournette, but for me that is still a problem and a risk to long term dynasty value. 

Come on, Zeke.

Pull your head out of your ###.
But he likes it up there.  He is a bully. He feels entitled and has never been told "no".  He will, IMO, continue down his path, oblivious to the fact that he is an ### until he gets a wake up call more serious than his last.

All that said, I don't care one way or another.  I understand that many of these guys, on all teams, even the one I root for, are incredible horses asses.  I have always taken comfort in the fact that all of their money will shortly be in the hands of agents, lawyers, repo men and drug dealers, persons all much more worthy of society's respect than are many of these guys, which is as big of an indictment as there is.

I agree that the NFL opened Pandora's box wanting to legislate morality.  That said, the box is open and everyone knows the rules, or at least the nebulous outline of them, and he has rushed headlong into trying to find the hard edge of them in the prevailing fog.  No sympathy for him. I have sympathy for the intellectually challenged, but not for those who court stupidity.

I agree that th eNFL opened Pandora's box wanting to legislate morality.  That said, the box is open and everyone knows the rules, or at least the nebulous outline of them, and he has rushed headlong into trying to find the hard edge of them in the prevailing fog.  No sympathy for him. I have sympathy for the intellectually challenged, but not for those who court stupidity.
Yeah Im not a big fan of Zeke off the field. For that matter I only like him when he has the ball in his hands in between the whistle. Other than that I think he's a colossal dooshpickle. 

But he likes it up there.  He is a bully. He feels entitled and has never been told "no".  He will, IMO, continue down his path, oblivious to the fact that he is an ### until he gets a wake up call more serious than his last.

All that said, I don't care one way or another.  I understand that many of these guys, on all teams, even the one I root for, are incredible horses asses.  I have always taken comfort in the fact that all of their money will shortly be in the hands of agents, lawyers, repo men and drug dealers, persons all much more worthy of society's respect than are many of these guys, which is as big of an indictment as there is.

For most of my life I would have agreed with you but as I get older I realize that just because theyre DBs, me taking comfort in their flaws also said quite a bit about myself. I hope they improve themselves and reach a point where they realize their flaws. Like you said, they have been enabled to act like tools their entire lives and it takes a special person and special people around you to show you the ability to have some self reflection. 

I'm a very flawed person. Luckily Im aware and I am always evolving to try and be a better person. 

Yeah Im not a big fan of Zeke off the field. For that matter I only like him when he has the ball in his hands in between the whistle. Other than that I think he's a colossal dooshpickle. 
We need to come up with a dooshpickle metric.  Production, divided by headaches and distractions, times a factor of games missed, times a factor of whether or not they are in a program, times a factor of their salary cap hit.  Some metric upon which we can compare the guy on your team to the guy on my team, to the guy on anybody's team.  My guess is that his dooshpickle number, th9ough fairly high, is not prohibitive to most fans or GM's keeping him on their team if they had him.  He is getting closer to the line, put he is not there yet.

For most of my life I would have agreed with you but as I get older I realize that just because theyre DBs, me taking comfort in their flaws also said quite a bit about myself. I hope they improve themselves and reach a point where they realize their flaws. Like you said, they have been enabled to act like tools their entire lives and it takes a special person and special people around you to show you the ability to have some self reflection. 

I'm a very flawed person. Luckily Im aware and I am always evolving to try and be a better person. 
Yours are not flaws, but just colorful character quirks. 

We need to come up with a dooshpickle metric.  Production, divided by headaches and distractions, times a factor of games missed, times a factor of whether or not they are in a program, times a factor of their salary cap hit.  Some metric upon which we can compare the guy on your team to the guy on my team, to the guy on anybody's team.  My guess is that his dooshpickle number, th9ough fairly high, is not prohibitive to most fans or GM's keeping him on their team if they had him.  He is getting closer to the line, put he is not thee yet.

My own personal dooshpickle metric is higher than I would like. 

kittenmittens said:

Too think you know who is safe and who isnt is folly....peyton manning gave some chic the ### face in college and brady got a 4 game suspension....kellen winslow 2 flipped out motor cycle crash......just cuz mccaffrey has nfl blood dont mean he wont take roids or kick his old ladies ###

Too think you know who is safe and who isnt is folly....peyton manning gave some chic the ### face in college and brady got a 4 game suspension....kellen winslow 2 flipped out motor cycle crash......just cuz mccaffrey has nfl blood dont mean he wont take roids or kick his old ladies ###
It doesn't have anything to do with blood.  It has to do with what we know or can infer about a players charector from the things that trickle down to us.  McCaffrey and Juju, by all accounts, are upstanding young men with zero known concerns. 

The odds of Zeke getting a massive reduction in dynasty value for some off the field issue is far higher than the odds of the same for McCaffrey.  It doesn't mean it can't happen with CMC, but I don't think there is much argument that the chances for it happening with Zeke are higher given the history and our knowledge of both players. 

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Cowboys and Ezekiel Elliott are "on the same page" in regards to a contract extension that "in all likelihood will make him the highest-paid running back in NFL history."

The Cowboys and Elliott have already been in negotiations but Zeke's deal may have to be worked out after Dallas comes to terms with Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper since their deals expire after this season. On the field, Elliott has been one of the top backs since entering the league and his upcoming contract extension will reflect that. For reference, Le'Veon Bell signed a four-year, $52 million contract with $27 million guaranteed this offseason.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

May 21, 2019, 7:29 PM ET

[Robinson] #NFL sources tell Yahoo Sports the video of #Cowboys Ezekiel Elliott bumping a security guard will likely be reviewed by commish Roger Goodell. The precedent? Elliott’s 2017 St. Patty’s Day incident was a conduct violation despite no complaint being filed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1133099473842970624

bumping a security guard is a violation but threatening your baby momma and having your child taken away from you is not a violation of the personal conduct policy. 

I think I finally figured out Roger Goodells philosphy: sticks and stones can break bones, but words alone can never hurt you, so make sure nothing is on camera

I wish this dumb take would stop.
Me too. I wish Goodell would take a stance on Hills situation as well. Zeke's not an alter boy, but the stuff he does get busted for is so minuscule in the grand scheme of things. 

You have men literally beating their women and children... bit we take our sweet time on that. When Zeke bumps a security guard or has too much fun in the Big Easy it's straight to declaring it a violation of the personal conduct policy. 

It's like he has a vendetta against the Cowboys. Cant believe I'm saying that. I dislike the Cowboys considerably. 

Me too. I wish Goodell would take a stance on Hills situation as well. Zeke's not an alter boy, but the stuff he does get busted for is so minuscule in the grand scheme of things. 

You have men literally beating their women and children... bit we take our sweet time on that. When Zeke bumps a security guard or has too much fun in the Big Easy it's straight to declaring it a violation of the personal conduct policy. 

It's like he has a vendetta against the Cowboys. Cant believe I'm saying that. I dislike the Cowboys considerbably. 
Ignore worthy dumb

Instead of name calling I'd certainly entertain your explanation as to why I'm wrong
Because anyone with  brain knows Tyreek Hill is going to get hammered with a fairy substantial suspension and he'll be serving that suspension before he ever steps back on the field again. In actuality the fact that Goodel is waiting until the court case is resolved, which for myriad reasons he should, is potentially significantly worse in terms of Hill's time frame to get back on the field as it's possible the case is not resolved when the season starts. At that point then it will become necessary for the NFL to take action and they will move him to the exempt list and any games he misses on that list he'll still draw a check but it won't count as credit for the games he's about to get suspended.

It's the offseason. The Chiefs suspended him. The NFL exemption list is only used in-season. There is nothing for the NFL to do right now they need to do. Suspending someone in the middle of a court case is not the move they should make, when the time comes they will act and Hill won't be donning an NFL uniform again in so much as practice until his situation is resolved.

That's what makes these takes that suggest what Hill is alleged to have done is ok with the NFL. He's going to get his.

Because anyone with  brain knows Tyreek Hill is going to get hammered with a fairy substantial suspension and he'll be serving that suspension before he ever steps back on the field again.
I'm not sure about that. I get the feeling they're hoping it goes away.

Maybe you're right, and the more they wait the worse it is for Hill. I'm a bit more skeptical of Goodell's enforcement consistencies 

I'm not sure about that. I get the feeling they're hoping it goes away.

Maybe you're right, and the more they wait the worse it is for Hill. I'm a bit more skeptical of Goodell's enforcement consistencies 
I'd like to apologize for using the dumb term. I really was under the impression it was assumed by all that Hill would get his league imposed punishment in due time and due to that it's greatly annoyed me these last few weeks when I do things like check twitter for updates and have to read stuff like "smoking dope will get you kicked out of the league but you can beat your kids".  This just struck me as disingenuous takes, people just wanting for a hot take they don't even believe. It's been annoying me, but again should not have used dumb term.

And at risk of turning this into a Hill thread as someone who owns him and needs him I'd put odds they find a way to sit him for the season at around 70% and the other 30% of my odds allocation revolve a time period of 6-15 games. I see no way he's getting out of this less then what Elliot served the initial go around but I believe they will find  way to keep him out of the league until 2020.

I'd like to apologize for using the dumb term. I really was under the impression it was assumed by all that Hill would get his league imposed punishment in due time and due to that it's greatly annoyed me these last few weeks when I do things like check twitter for updates and have to read stuff like "smoking dope will get you kicked out of the league but you can beat your kids".  This just struck me as disingenuous takes, people just wanting for a hot take they don't even believe. It's been annoying me, but again should not have used dumb term.

And at risk of turning this into a Hill thread as someone who owns him and needs him I'd put odds they find a way to sit him for the season at around 70% and the other 30% of my odds allocation revolve a time period of 6-15 games. I see no way he's getting out of this less then what Elliot served the initial go around but I believe they will find  way to keep him out of the league until 2020.
Its hard to get real info/opinions in the Hill thread at this point, so I stopped going into it. It's possible that this has been widely accepted there and I missed the memo. 

What do you think Zeke gets, if anything, for this episode? 

I remember discussing Zeke vs Bell in 2017, where a lot of people were knocking Bell for the pot while not worrying about the one who ended up suspended during the fantasy playoffs.

Anybody can end up being a knucklehead. 

if they don't offer him a longterm deal with solid guaranteed money he should hold out before the 2020 season.

It worked for Bell, he got a lot more guaranteed money with the Jets than the Steelers offered him.

Anything outside of the guaranteed money is basically fluff.

Users who are viewing this thread