What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Isiah Pacheco, KC (1 Viewer)

It's supposed to be a much better class next year

FBG's dynasty guys say it's top-heavy, though. They've said, in the trade value charts, that the class isn't that deep so don't go acquiring second round picks just to have them. 2024 is now rumored to be sneakily better. So there's that.
I wasn’t laughing at you rock, just the notion that’s next year’s class is always better In dynasty.

ok IDK how to use this new interface for quoting/replying but anyway yeah next year's class is always better and it's funny.
I just spotted a couple of toddlers at the dog park and their metrics were off the charts. I’ll be following these two closely for the next 17 years

I wasn’t laughing at you rock, just the notion that’s next year’s class is always better In dynasty.
I actually have found that when I listen to the devy community regarding this stuff, they are right. I remember them calling last year as a good year beforehand, and this year as only OK last year. 2018 I loaded up the year before based on that word.

Good eye. Maybe it’s time to take Ronald Jones with my last pick and let someone else take Pacheco this year.

I wouldn't jump so quickly to that conclusion. Believe me, I want both Jones and Pacheco on the club, but Andy Reid gave a tell in the presser when he said something about Ronald Jones not hurting his chances here or anywhere else with his performance. I think Jones is getting cut.

It's supposed to be a much better class next year

FBG's dynasty guys say it's top-heavy, though. They've said, in the trade value charts, that the class isn't that deep so don't go acquiring second round picks just to have them. 2024 is now rumored to be sneakily better. So there's that.
It actually is. Not for the reason you're alluding to, but because none of those prospects have been ruined yet. No one ran an official 4.61 at the combine or jumped a 29 inch vertical.. No one got drafted as Jonathan Taylor's backup. No one got drafted to play behind the Bears' awful OL in an unknown role with Montgomery. No one fell to the 4th round for reasons no draft expert can determine. They are all shiny, new, and unsullied until next May.

Ended up with Pistachio on 3 of 5 redraft teams. 11th round or + on all of them. Just a flyer, with low overhead. I will sit on him for a few weeks to see what develops, if anything....always needing a droppable guy or two for the next big thing. Who knows, though? Stranger things have happned....

Was ready to drop him for the latest WW Wonder and then he had to go and look pretty damn good.

If CEL ever went down he'd produce.

Damnit. Gotta hold.

Might try moving him to the CEH owner. Feel like a couple weeks of single digit (or goose egg) games could wash any value he has outside an injury to CEH.

Might try moving him to the CEH owner. Feel like a couple weeks of single digit (or goose egg) games could wash any value he has outside an injury to CEH.
Selling, assuming you get a decent return, is an option. He only got twelve carries and most came late so it’s not like single digit weeks would be surprising.

Last edited:
Pacheco is gonna be fantasy relevant at some point this year. He reminds me of the first time I saw Tyreek play. He’s different.

Isiah Pacheco had 12 rushes for 62 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 1 win against the Cardinals.

Pacheco, taking over the KC's primary back in garbage time, did not record a target or catch on just four pass routes. The preseason hype machine is clearly the No. 2 back behind Clyde Edwards-Helaire, and would cede all -- or nearly all -- pass-catching work to Jerick McKinnon should CEH miss time in 2022.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Will be interested to see how the pie is split in a closer game. It was largely CEH early in the game. Then all Pacheco once the game was well out of hand.

It's possible they prefer Pacheco as the closer.

It's possible the outcome was so one sided that they wanted to get a look at the kid in game action and limit CEH's chances of getting hurt.

He's definitely an elite handcuff at this point. Will be looking to see what his role is the next few weeks.

He was my last draft pick in a 12 team PPR.

Is anyone dropping him for any of the latest waiver flavors of the week?

J. Wilson? J. Warren? C. Samuel?

Love the potential. Hell...I picked up Darrel Williams last year and I bet he played a key role in two victories that maybe I shouldn't have had. The potential is there if CEL goes down.

That said, there are some shiny pennies out there in waivers this week.

He looked fine. He's clearly far behind CEH but if something happens to CEH, I do think IP is the next man up in that role. McKinnon will do his part on 3rd downs and passing situations but I think IP is one of the most interesting handcuffs out there.

The jar had already been loosened at this point in the game, but Pacheco looked good on these runs. Real good. Much faster and more explosive than MEH. Just a matter of time IMO before this kid strangle holds the starting KC RB job.

It's possible the outcome was so one sided that they wanted to get a look at the kid in game action and limit CEH's chances of getting hurt.

This is really the likely consideration. Every play that meant something, CEH was in there. This coming from a guy who has pooh-pooh'd CEH his whole career (I have). I don't think CEH is going anywhere barring injury given the way KC just moved the ball at will against Arizona. That was a clinic in coming out ready for the season. I guess the tougher camp sort of helped them be ready. I followed their camp. They actually go away to have it, which is apparently pretty old school.

Isiah Pacheco rushed two times for six yards in the Chiefs' Week 2 win over the Chargers.​

With no garbage time this evening, Pacheco was a distant No. 3 behind Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Jerick McKinnon, the latter of whom handled three touches in the red zone. Pacheco would probably become the primary early-down runner were CEH to miss time, but standalone value is not going to be there for the time being.
Sep 16, 2022, 12:40 AM ET

He looked fine. He's clearly far behind CEH but if something happens to CEH, I do think IP is the next man up in that role. McKinnon will do his part on 3rd downs and passing situations but I think IP is one of the most interesting handcuffs out there.
What's strange to me is how people actually had him in their lineup starting week 1.

Yeah I think it is safe to drop Pacheco until/unless CEH or McKinnon are injured
Might test offers to the CEH owner before I straight drop. Not saying you could get much, but worth a shot if they have a comparable handcuff or rookie who hasn't performed yet.

What's strange to me is how people actually had him in their lineup starting week 1.
I did in the league that’s a total rebuild and I’m tanking to get 1.01

Absolute fail. :doh:

Fortunately I still lost, but his points hurt.

Kinda fun setting a lineup for a “golf score” though.

I did in the league that’s a total rebuild and I’m tanking to get 1.01
I understand rebuilding often means you invest in long-term values over short-term producers, but outright tanking?
Not outright tanking.

I sold 70% of my roster. Pacheco is my best RB after ETN. I have 6x 1sts next year - I didn’t get them for free.

I am setting my best lineup every week.
It just so happens that 3-4 will be scrubs. More on BYE weeks.

Don’t be so judgey.

Is it just me or does CEH look more spry this year? Not sure if it's that he's healthier or if he's leveled up in year 3 or if my eyes (and/or memory) are just deceiving me, but Small & Slow doesn't look as slow anymore. Obviously a game changer for Pacheco's redraft prospects this season.

Is it just me or does CEH look more spry this year? Not sure if it's that he's healthier or if he's leveled up in year 3 or if my eyes (and/or memory) are just deceiving me, but Small & Slow doesn't look as slow anymore. Obviously a game changer for Pacheco's redraft prospects this season.
He looks a little more patient - he’s reading his blocks better.

He still doesn’t have top-end speed, as evidenced by his 50+ yard run where he should have scored but slid instead when he ran out of gas.

He had 10+ yards on both defenders. I still can’t believe that wasn’t a TD.

Users who are viewing this thread