What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Isiah Pacheco, KC (1 Viewer)

I'm on the other side of this, I'd be worried about Gordon. He's a 3 down RB, who went from arguably the worst offense to the best. He was very effective in 2020 and 2021. He just wasn't for Nate Hackett.

I don't think it's out of the question Gordon is the starter in a few weeks. Pacheco has been ok at best. He is a huge liability in the passing game and isn't exactly the least fumble prone guy himself, with 3 on under 100 carries.

I'm not saying Gordon will absolutely do anything, its possible he might be at the end, but I do think that he'll get a clean slate in KC, and the depth chart is pretty weak, other than McKinnon for the 2-minute drill, and obvious passing downs.

I'm on the other side of this, I'd be worried about Gordon. He's a 3 down RB, who went from arguably the worst offense to the best. He was very effective in 2020 and 2021. He just wasn't for Nate Hackett.

I don't think it's out of the question Gordon is the starter in a few weeks. Pacheco has been ok at best. He is a huge liability in the passing game and isn't exactly the least fumble prone guy himself, with 3 on under 100 carries.

I'm not saying Gordon will absolutely do anything, its possible he might be at the end, but I do think that he'll get a clean slate in KC, and the depth chart is pretty weak, other than McKinnon for the 2-minute drill, and obvious passing downs.

Yup. Classic FF mistake is to consider individual players in a vacuum, w/o proper acknowledgement of circumstance/situation (i.e. surrounding team, including coaching). Mel G may do nothing at all, sure, but it could also prove absolutely wrong to assume he isn't a significant risk to Pacheco's playing opportunities. After a TBD acclimation period for Gordon, all it'll take is one missed pass block for Pacheco to get dog-housed. Let's not forget we are talking about a 7th round rookie and the most valuable QB in real football here.

Is CEH droppable even in dynasty at this point? It's killing me wasting a roster spot especially when our league has limits on # of RBs you can carry. I have Pacheco, Breece on IR, Latavius, Michael Carter, Jamaal Williams. My IR spots are full of course.

Is CEH droppable even in dynasty at this point? It's killing me wasting a roster spot especially when our league has limits on # of RBs you can carry. I have Pacheco, Breece on IR, Latavius, Michael Carter, Jamaal Williams. My IR spots are full of course.
Ya might find a true believer.

I’m certainly not impressed by him.

Exc

Yup. Classic FF mistake is to consider individual players in a vacuum, w/o proper acknowledgement of circumstance/situation (i.e. surrounding team, including coaching). Mel G may do nothing at all, sure, but it could also prove absolutely wrong to assume he isn't a significant risk to Pacheco's playing opportunities. After a TBD acclimation period for Gordon, all it'll take is one missed pass block for Pacheco to get dog-housed. Let's not forget we are talking about a 7th round rookie and the most valuable QB in real football here.
Except he also has the most fumbles of any RB with 5, and he’s old and slow.

I suspect Gordon was brought in because CEH is more injured than they thought/let on, and the chiefs are headed to the playoffs.

Depth is critical.

I have serious doubts that Gordon impacts CEH or McKinnon, barring injury. Chiefs seem like they’re in a good rhythm right now. I don’t see them messing with that chemistry in a significant way.

Maybe they work him in as a receiving back. He can’t be trusted between the tackles with his fumbling issues.

Exc

I suspect Gordon was brought in because CEH is more injured than they thought/let on, and the chiefs are headed to the playoffs.

Depth is critical.

I have serious doubts that Gordon impacts CEH or McKinnon, barring injury. Chiefs seem like they’re in a good rhythm right now. I don’t see them messing with that chemistry in a significant way.

Maybe they work him in as a receiving back. He can’t be trusted between the tackles with his fumbling issues.

I started Pacheco yesterday over Kamara, so I hope you are correct, as the Saints are free falling. But I trust Red Walrus about as far as I can throw him. Like I said, one missed pass blocking assignment and we could/would be right back to RBBC hell. Reid is to the running game what McVay/Shanahan are to NFL draft picks. Patty Mahomes is the beginning and the end for him.

Exc

Depth is critical.

I started Pacheco yesterday over Kamara, so I hope you are correct, as the Saints are free falling. But I trust Red Walrus about as far as I can throw him. Like I said, one missed pass blocking assignment and we could/would be right back to RBBC hell. Reid is to the running game what McVay/Shanahan are to NFL draft picks. Patty Mahomes is the beginning and the end for him.
And one fumble lost that costs them possession & Gordon will be in bus stations begging for spare change.

Reid is fickle like that.

Last edited:
Exc

Depth is critical.

And one fumble lost that costs them possession & Gordon will be in bus stations giving handies for spare change.

:lmao:

Exc

Depth is critical.

And one fumble lost that costs them possession & Gordon will be in bus stations giving handies for spare change.

Pretty sure Gordon has made more money than any of us have. I think he'll be fine even if he fumbles on his first play.

I'm honestly not all that worried about his fumbling. He's never really had a problem in the past with it, he averages 1 fumble every 72 touches, its been 1 every 23 this season. Just seems like bad luck more than anything to me. Gordon averaged 4.6 YPC over the last 2 years before this one, where he averaged 3.5 on maybe the league's worst offense.

My personal opinion is that this likely isn't a backfield you really want anyone from unless you are truly desperate. Pacheco is in the lead at the moment, but like you said, Reid is fickle.

My personal opinion is that this likely isn't a backfield you really want anyone from unless you are truly desperate. Pacheco is in the lead at the moment, but like you said, Reid is fickle.
This I agree with.

Still - Pacheco had 20+ touches, which is a recipe for RB2 most weeks in today’s FF.

Exc

Depth is critical.

Pretty sure Gordon has made more money than any of us have. I think he'll be fine even if he fumbles on his first play.

I'm honestly not all that worried about his fumbling. He's never really had a problem in the past with it, he averages 1 fumble every 72 touches, its been 1 every 23 this season. Just seems like bad luck more than anything to me. Gordon averaged 4.6 YPC over the last 2 years before this one, where he averaged 3.5 on maybe the league's worst offense.

I think 1 in 23 transcends "bad luck". I would love to see this magically course correct but I can't see a way to 'splain this away.

I think 1 in 23 transcends "bad luck". I would love to see this magically course correct but I can't see a way to 'splain this away.
Yeah, he’s earned the “fumbler” moniker at this point.

He lost his job because of it. Twice is flukey, 3 a coincidence. But 5x?

Surprised people are saying Reid is one of the toughest on fumbling. Have already seen Pacheco fumble this season a few times and be put immediately back in. Reminds me of Hunt fumble on very first NFL snap and Reid put him right back in there.

Having said that I’m sure there will be some stats that will blow away what I’m saying

Surprised people are saying Reid is one of the toughest on fumbling. Have already seen Pacheco fumble this season a few times and be put immediately back in. Reminds me of Hunt fumble on very first NFL snap and Reid put him right back in there.

Having said that I’m sure there will be some stats that will blow away what I’m saying
Okay maybe he was just harsh on CEH fumbling then. ;)

Last edited:
Dropped him for F. Moreau this week ( I only had J. Johnson who I had to drop to activate D. Watson). It was either him or Mostert. Don't love it...

Would you trade him for a mid to late 2023 1st rounder?
If I was in playoff contention - NO. If I wasn't anything I'd need a mid first rounder at worst. Dude looks really good and in a top 5 offense. I know Reid is weird with his RB's but the kid is going to get his chances.

If I was in playoff contention - NO. If I wasn't anything I'd need a mid first rounder at worst. Dude looks really good and in a top 5 offense. I know Reid is weird with his RB's but the kid is going to get his chances.
The problem is there's a much better than zero chance that he's replaced via a free agent or the draft during the offseason. It's not like he's killing it from a fantasy points perspective this year either. I would take any random 2023 1st from him without much thought - even as a contender.

Not a big fan of the matchup this week. CIN just shut down Henry and I assume this is going to be a high scoring shootout with McKinnon on the field a ton.
Cin won't stack the line against KC, so that is not a concern. I can see McKinnon used more though in a passing contest.

Not a big fan of the matchup this week. CIN just shut down Henry and I assume this is going to be a high scoring shootout with McKinnon on the field a ton.
Cin won't stack the line against KC, so that is not a concern. I can see McKinnon used more though in a passing contest.
Yeah no way they’re gonna do that and let mahomes carve them up. I like Pacheco as a volume based RB2 in a good offense with a shot at a TD any time he’s the guy.

A mid I would probably do.

Late gets a little tougher for me, might want a little extra.
If someone offered me pick 1.12, I would melt my keyboard with the sheet velocity of hand movement smashing accept.

I have low confidence that he’s secure in his role headed to 2023, and I paid a 5.07 for him.

It would represent a massive profit for me.

The problem is there's a much better than zero chance that he's replaced via a free agent or the draft during the offseason. It's not like he's killing it from a fantasy points perspective this year either. I would take any random 2023 1st from him without much thought - even as a contender.
Exactly. And it’s a RB-rich draft, so you’d be likely to get a higher upside prospect.

Pacheco has situation going for him, but as you suggest, that could change quickly.

I’m going to put him on the block as soon as our off l-season trade period opens.

A mid I would probably do.

Late gets a little tougher for me, might want a little extra.
If someone offered me pick 1.12, I would melt my keyboard with the sheet velocity of hand movement smashing accept.

I have low confidence that he’s secure in his role headed to 2023, and I paid a 5.07 for him.

It would represent a massive profit for me.
That's the main reason I accepted the trade. I got him in the last round of our rookie draft so the ROI was too good to pass up and I need young WR's more than RB's right now. I really like Pacheco as a prospect even though he was overlooked by so many NFL teams. And I think the Chiefs like him more than you all are giving him credit for. He actually reminds me of a less patient Jamaal Charles.

I agree he could easily be replaced but I don't see how you can trade him for a mid to late first rounder if you are a playoff team. Production now could mean the difference of winning the league vs being an early playoff casualty. I'll sacrifice some future potential for a better chance to win now. Every year it seems there's a RB that doesn't do much early than catches fire during the playoffs. Last year it was Rashaad Penny. Not saying Pacheco is for sure that guy but he very well could be. I'm not taking that risk by trading, what may be a key piece for the rest of 2022, in one of the leagues best offenses for an asset that won't help me this season. Now in the offseason that's a completely different story. I get it this is possibly the highest his value will ever be so I understand where you're coming from.

I’m not contending this year in my superFlex league, took him in the 4th round of rookie draft and he’s been sitting on my taxi squad all year. Just put him on the block to see what happens. First offer ….

Pacheco/23 2nd/23 3rd for Matt Stafford

😂 give me strength. Love Matty boy but there’s more than a small chance he plays 0-1 seasons more and retires

Just thought I’d see if any contender offered a late 1st.

I’m not contending this year in my superFlex league, took him in the 4th round of rookie draft and he’s been sitting on my taxi squad all year. Just put him on the block to see what happens. First offer ….

😂 give me strength. Love Matty boy but there’s more than a small chance he plays 0-1 seasons more and retires

Oh boy, hope you didn't fall off your chair laughing at that offer.

Yeah this is just bad. Really bad lol.

I agree he could easily be replaced but I don't see how you can trade him for a mid to late first rounder if you are a playoff team. Production now could mean the difference of winning the league vs being an early playoff casualty
I guess I'm not seeing him as a difference maker for a Championship team - what's his highest fantasy points game so far? You're speculating he'll score a lot of points, but KC just doesn't run the ball enough and McKinnon is used as the pass catcher.

If some one wants to over-pay for his production, I'd take it and trust the rest of my depth. The only teams that he starts for me are on two rebuild teams - he wouldn't make the lineup on my contending teams. I drafted him in every league but one. I was a big fan, but taking a first for him is a no-brainer.
ETA: “no brainer” sounds like an insult to anyone on the other side, so I’ll say I can certainly see the benefit of keeping him. He is just getting started as the starter so more production could be on the way.

Last edited:

Yeah this is just bad. Really bad lol.
Why did my notifications say this quoted me?

Weird

Hot Sauce Guy, do you think it’s crazy to compare him to Charles?

He has a similar body type. Similar running style, body lean and speed.

Charles

Pacheco
I don't like the comp. Charles was a more cerebral runner - as you suggested he was patient. Speed & body type are about where the comp ends. I think Charles was an adept pass protector, and capable receiver. To date, we've not seen either from Pacheco.

That said, that's because the Chiefs haven't used him in that capacity, but I suspect that reason (among others) is why he fell to the 7th.

Another DNP for McKinnon today.

Fire him up in flex, or even #2 if injuries have taken over.
Be interesting to see if Gordon is activated and perhaps even used in McKinnon's possible abscence.

I fear this happening and hope there's some news about his possible usage. Regardless, McKinnon's absence is enough to make me feel okay about starting Pacheco. Otherwise I wouldn't feel okay at all. Chargers and Rams were good matchups, Cincy feels like a back and forth game where he gets 8 carries for 30 yards.

I agree he could easily be replaced but I don't see how you can trade him for a mid to late first rounder if you are a playoff team. Production now could mean the difference of winning the league vs being an early playoff casualty
I guess I'm not seeing him as a difference maker for a Championship team - what's his highest fantasy points game so far? You're speculating he'll score a lot of points, but KC just doesn't run the ball enough and McKinnon is used as the pass catcher.

If some one wants to over-pay for his production, I'd take it and trust the rest of my depth. The only teams that he starts for me are on two rebuild teams - he wouldn't make the lineup on my contending teams. I drafted him in every league but one. I was a big fan, but taking a first for him is a no-brainer.
ETA: “no brainer” sounds like an insult to anyone on the other side, so I’ll say I can certainly see the benefit of keeping him. He is just getting started as the starter so more production could be on the way.
My “big” money league is16 teams. That’s the perspective of where I’m coming from. He’s a starter right now with a chance of putting up excellent RB2 numbers in those leagues. I completely understand where you are coming from though

Users who are viewing this thread