What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB James Robinson, NE (4 Viewers)

The way his contract was written left him open to being released. It could also mean NE is trying to free up space to sign Hopkins.
Possibly Cook? Or is Stevenson a real bell cow this year?
That would leave a lot of Cook and Stevenson owners very unhappy.
I don't see them pursuing Cook. He'd likely want way more money than they would offer him . . . and I can't imagine 30 other franchises wouldn't pony up more $$$ than NE would.
That was my thought as well. I don't recall NE ever paying a lot for a RB while Emperor Palpatine has been in charge.

Did they pay Corey Dillon a lot?
Yes. In Dillon’s last year, they paid him $6M, which was a lot at the time. But he wasn’t that costly before then for NE. I would reiterate that I don’t see anyway Cook would be in play for the Pats. He certainly would want real money and is not in desperation mode just hoping to land somewhere.

The way his contract was written left him open to being released. It could also mean NE is trying to free up space to sign Hopkins.
I don't see them pursuing Cook. He'd likely want way more money than they would offer him . . . and I can't imagine 30 other franchises wouldn't pony up more $$$ than NE would.
That was my thought as well. I don't recall NE ever paying a lot for a RB while Emperor Palpatine has been in charge.

Yes. In Dillon’s last year, they paid him $6M, which was a lot at the time. But he wasn’t that costly before then for NE. I would reiterate that I don’t see anyway Cook would be in play for the Pats. He certainly would want real money and is not in desperation mode just hoping to land somewhere.
Thanks. I figured you would remember.

The only other time they went off script a bit that I can recall was when they used a 1st round pick on Sony Michel which was a head scratcher at the time.

The only other time they went off script a bit that I can recall was when they used a 1st round pick on Sony Michel which was a head scratcher at the time.
Laurence Maroney as well but like with Dillon that's when RB's carried more value in the league.

Laurence Maroney as well but like with Dillon that's when RB's carried more value in the league.
Ah forgot about him. Time flies.

Things sure do move fast, especially in RB land. He was a fantasy darling just three years ago and even at the beginning of last year looked like he was running away with the Jags starting gig. Now he may not even make an NFL roster.

Giants signed RB James Robinson, formerly of the Patriots.

Rookies and select veterans have already reported for training camp in New York, though this move is likely to go ahead of the inevitable Saquon Barkley holdout. Barkley and the team were unable to reach an agreement on a long-term contract extension, so the back has now threatened to sit out and is not expected to report for the start of camp. Robinson was released by New England because of injury issues stemming from his torn Achilles’ tendon in 2022. It’s possible Robinson is nothing more than a camp body for the G-Men, though he could earn a roster spot if the coaches prefer him as a backup over Eric Gray or Matt Breida.

Robinson is likely just a camp body for now, but it’s interesting that a team would want a guy that doesn’t seem healthy for that role.

Hopefully he heals up a bit and earns a spot. Easy guy to pull for.
He could also be a mentor for Gray, who they seem pretty high on and can use a veteran presence while Saquon is out. Of course, Breida could fill that role as well.

Giants beat writer Art Stapleton predicts James Robinson will be left off the Giants’ 53-man roster.
Robinson is on his fourth team since October 2022. The Jaguars traded him to the Jets, who opted not to renew his contract at the end of the season. He signed a two-year contract with the Patriots earlier this offseason but was cut just months into his new deal and landed with the Giants soon after. Injuries have reportedly been a concern for Robinson, who suffered a torn Achilles at the end of the 2021 season. Robinson rushed six times for nine yards in the Giants’ first preseason game against the Lions and has reportedly been outperformed in camp by Jashaun Corbin

Colts hosted free agent RB James Robinson for a visit.

This is what teams do when they’re at odds with their star running backs. With Jonathan Taylor out for at least the first four weeks after being placed on the PUP list, and Kenyan Drake released during roster cutdowns, the Colts met with Robinson to see what he could provide in the immediate future. Since being traded to the Jets in October, Robinson has bounced around between the Patriots and Giants this offseason, and is now in search of his third team in the last five months. A torn Achilles suffered at the end of 2021 has all but derailed Robinson’s once promising career, but the 25-year-old back isn’t holding out hope of landing another job. Even if he catches on with the Colts, it could be a brief stay as Zack Moss (forearm) is expected to return in the coming weeks.

This is what teams do when they’re at odds with their star running backs. With Jonathan Taylor out for at least the first four weeks after being placed on the PUP list, and Kenyan Drake released during roster cutdowns, the Colts met with Robinson to see what he could provide in the immediate future. Since being traded to the Jets in October, Robinson has bounced around between the Patriots and Giants this offseason, and is now in search of his third team in the last five months. A torn Achilles suffered at the end of 2021 has all but derailed Robinson’s once promising career, but the 25-year-old back isn’t holding out hope of landing another job. Even if he catches on with the Colts, it could be a brief stay as Zack Moss (forearm) is expected to return in the coming weeks.
:yawn: Cut everywhere, this won’t be any different.

But they are shopping. I don't think JT plays another down for the Colts.

But they are shopping. I don't think JT plays another down for the Colts.
I don't think shopping at the Dollar General Store for RBs will get you much, but the Colts probably aren't looking to win in 2023 anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter what garbage they have at RB in 2023.

The source had bad info implying active roster given to every outlet. packers.com says signed to practice squad.

Users who are viewing this thread