What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jaylen Warren, PIT (2 Viewers)

tWarren has looked very good, certainly better than Harris, however most of his yards have come when the Steelers have been behind and in passing situations.

The biggest problems with the Steelers rushing attack is a terrible offensive line and anemic passing game that rarely throws more than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.
Do you expect this to change?

Does your league not give points for yards gained in these situations?

there are 2 different questions to consider: how good is Warren and what is his expected usage and production going forward. The situations that he has been in impact both of those questions. How much weight you want to give them for you what you expect and what you need for your team is up to you.

Warren has looked very good, certainly better than Harris, however most of his yards have come when the Steelers have been behind and in passing situations.

The biggest problems with the Steelers rushing attack is a terrible offensive line and anemic passing game that rarely throws more than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.
Do you expect this to change?

Does your league not give points for yards gained in these situations?
I don’t expetc too much to change, 8-9 pts is probably his max but he is just as likely to put up 2 or 3

Jaylen Warren has nine rushes for 37 yards in the Steelers' Week 10 win against the Saints, adding three catches for 40 yards.​

Najee Harris, appearing motivated by talk this week of Warren taking on a prominent role in the Steelers backfield, led the team with 20 rushes for 99 yards. Warren, as usual, appeared to be the far more explosive backfield option for Pittsburgh, and was used over Harris in the passing offense. Warren's Week 10 highlight came on a 26-yard catch and run in which he displayed elusiveness and tough running that could make him dangerous if he ever gets a full workload. The highly efficient Warren can be started as a flex in Week 11 against the Bengals. Negative game script for the Steelers could inflate Warren's routes and targets.
Nov 13, 2022, 4:21 PM ET

Another efficient statline, but it appears all the chatter has lit a fire under Najee too, who avg'd 5 YPC on twice the carries. I didn't see any of the game or highlights, so have no further context. How'd they look yesterday? Seems the D resurged with the return of Watt, and that allowed for more RB opportunities overall. Any other insights of note?

Another efficient statline, but it appears all the chatter has lit a fire under Najee too, who avg'd 5 YPC on twice the carries. I didn't see any of the game or highlights, so have no further context. How'd they look yesterday? Seems the D resurged with the return of Watt, and that allowed for more RB opportunities overall. Any other insights of note?
Najee definitely looked better than he had all year. Ran with a purpose. Don't think he's losing his job a time soon but Jaylen looks like he has some value as the pass catching back now.

7 minutes ago

Warren was forced out of Sunday's game against the Bengals with a hamstring injury, Brooke Pryor of ESPN.com reports.

Before his exit, Warren had caught one pass for nine yards.

:kicksrock:

7 minutes ago

Warren was forced out of Sunday's game against the Bengals with a hamstring injury, Brooke Pryor of ESPN.com reports.

Of course…needed 12 yards receiving to turn $5 into $327 on a yardage parlay. Bummer for him, hopefully not serious.

7 minutes ago

Of course…needed 12 yards receiving to turn $5 into $327 on a yardage parlay. Bummer for him, hopefully not serious.

I had a choice between him, Kyren Williams (5.40) or James Cooke (8.60)

ofc I picked the lowest possible outcome lol

I'm gifted that way

s/b OK 64% win probability but it's gonna be razor thin(ish)

he's a competent north south runner, decent receiver

nothing special but he showed some burst and will be around the league for a few years

I'll be looking to replace him on my roster this week. It's clear to me that Tomlinson was talking him up only to motivate Harris. He wasn't serious about Warren to begin with.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said RB Jaylen Warren (hamstring) is questionable for Week 12 against the Colts.​

Tomlin noted that this injury was "not significant" but it does sound like Najee Harris will have full control of the backfield this week. Benny Snell is Pittsburgh's No. 3 back and could get some carries -- but probably not the role that Warren has had of late.
SOURCE: Gerry Dulac on Twitter
Nov 22, 2022, 1:24 PM ET

Jaylen Warren said doctors have cleared him to return from his hamstring injury and he expects to play in Week 13 against the Falcons.​

Warren may still have his reps monitored in practice, but he will be good to go for Week 13 after missing one game because of the hamstring issue. With Najee Harris currently dealing with an abdominal injury, Warren could return to a sizable role. If Harris is out, Warren would start and have RB2 fantasy value versus a weak Atlanta defense.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Nov 30, 2022, 2:15 PM ET

What are everyone's thoughts on this week for Warren with Harris banged up?
If one has space Warren is a Shark add. The good news on Harris still might keep him out, yet warding off other speculative adders. Watching N Harris closely and wait or pull the trigger when or if you can. I cannot pull a speculative trigger add. Warren could support a RB #2 position if he's the lead back with Benny Snell providing plenty of spelling. Tough call.

FYI, Najee was DNP on Wednesday and Jaylen Warren was a FP. So if Warren keeps getting Full Practices he should definitely be good to go Sunday, then it depends on Harris's status.

I'm pretty solid at RB but my opponent only has 1 healthy RB at the moment due to Bye Weeks, so I scooped up Warren to possibly block him. If Harris is active Sunday I might drop him before game time to be able to pick up somebody else.

With Harris unlikely to play and Snell also banged up, I'm starting Warren. Only risk is if his hamstring injury isn't fully healed.

As long as Harris is out I am starting him over Latavius Murray in my flex as he has a tough matchup against the run vs the Ravens

NAJEE HARRIS
RB, PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Najee%20Harris.jpg

Najee Harris said he is "good" and will play in Week 13's game against Atlanta.​

Harris was surprisingly removed from Pittsburgh's final injury report. Harris didn't practice on Wednesday or Thursday but off a limited practice will try to gut this one out against the lowly Falcons defense. With Jaylen Warren back, both backs will probably be in the FLEX range on Sunday.

The Athletic's Mark Kaboly writes, "There is no way offensive coordinator Matt Canada can keep [Jaylen Warren] off the field as much as he did last season."​

Kaboly marked Warren as an "honorable mention" for his efforts in OTAs and minicamp, saying, "The way he attacks the hole during drills is something to be seen." A rookie UDFA who ended last season as the Steelers' RB2 on the depth chart, Warren has a chance to see significant work after totaling 593 yards from scrimmage and one touchdown on 105 touches last season. While he received significantly less work than Najee Harris last season, Warren looked like the better back whenever he was on the field. We'd expect Harris to continue to handle the early-down work, but it wouldn't be surprising to see Warren work more on third downs. He hauled in 28-of-33 targets last season, with 21 of those receptions coming in his final 10 games of the season. Warren is a high-end stash who could have top-24 upside if Harris were ever to miss time.
RELATED:
SOURCE: The Athletic
Jun 19, 2023, 4:42 PM ET

I am so glad I drafted this kid in my start-up dynasty, and in a redraft. He's got so much juice, I don't see how the Steelers can keep him off the field.

Seems like he's not being discussed enough in FF circles. This topic hasn't been updated since June 19th? Maybe tonight's 62 yard TD will open some eyes. IMO he has RB3 value without injury. But if Najee gets dinged up, look out!

I am so glad I drafted this kid in my start-up dynasty, and in a redraft. He's got so much juice, I don't see how the Steelers can keep him off the field.

Seems like he's not being discussed enough in FF circles. This topic hasn't been updated since June 19th? Maybe tonight's 62 yard TD will open some eyes. IMO he has RB3 value without injury. But if Najee gets dinged up, look out!
Yep, I am surprised nobody is talking about him.

Time to buy low on Najee if the Najee owner is panicking.

There's a reason Najee isn't playing and Warren is.

Yep, I am surprised nobody is talking about him.
Cap tip to @Gally - he and I were messaging when I was looking for RBs in the middle rounds, and I bounced Warren off him. He likes him a lot as well, so I pulled the trigger. Glad I did.
Nice. I added him 2 years ago in dynasty. It hasn’t quite paid real dividends yet and it may never but the kid has some juice. If things break right, he could have himself a season

So Warren is better than Najee because he shows better efficiency with a very low sample size?

Interesting takes.

I love Najee, as a pittsburgher... But man Warren just has some sorta it factor that Najee hasn't quite displayed yet... Hard to describe.. Najees situation is also an oddball given his age etc.. But I hope he crushes it regardless

This is Fred Jackson and Mcgahee all over again.
CJ Spiller you mean, not McGahee.

Najee played more snaps than Warren did yesterday.
No, I meant McGahee in that his under 4.0 ypc caused BUF to move on from him after his 3rd year. It's not 100% exact scenario but I see Jaylen getting bumped up to 100-150 carries his 2nd year.

So Warren is better than Najee because he shows better efficiency with a very low sample size?

Interesting takes.
Correct. What's more valuable, a guy who can be really efficient and make big plays in a small role or a guy who you can give the ball to 300 times and get inefficient results? Like if you were dating, would you prefer a really awesome girl who was always a lot of fun but had a busy schedule and was only available a couple times a month? Or would you prefer a really boring girl who wasn't ever interesting but was able to hang out every day?

Interesting takes.
Correct. What's more valuable, a guy who can be really efficient and make big plays in a small role or a guy who you can give the ball to 300 times and get inefficient results? Like if you were dating, would you prefer a really awesome girl who was always a lot of fun but had a busy schedule and was only available a couple times a month? Or would you prefer a really boring girl who wasn't ever interesting but was able to hang out every day?
I prefer Sybil. That way I can be with multiple girls at the same time

Interesting takes.
Yeah, but remember, with someone like Sybil, your pet bunny is likely to end up in the stew.

Interesting takes.
Yeah, but remember, with someone like Sybil, your pet bunny is likely to end up in the stew.
Sybil / Fatal Attraction cross-reference noted.

Interesting takes.
Back on topic, the answer is the low sample size player, because value over replacement. Warren is 10 fold the player that Harris is.

This is Fred Jackson and Mcgahee all over again.
CJ Spiller you mean, not McGahee.

Najee played more snaps than Warren did yesterday.
No, I meant McGahee in that his under 4.0 ypc caused BUF to move on from him after his 3rd year. It's not 100% exact scenario but I see Jaylen getting bumped up to 100-150 carries his 2nd year.
Sorry for being a stickler, but Fred Jackson wasn't on the team when McGahee was. Marshawn Lynch replaced McGahee, then a combo of Jackson/Spiller replaced Lynch.

Fred Jackson wasn't on the team when McGahee was

He was in the 2006 camp with McGahee in Buffalo, whose team he made the next year. But I think they did move on from McGahee for Lynch.

I love the insignificance of the Buffalo RB dilemma with FJax, CJ Spiller, Lynch, McGahee and let’s add Thurman Thomas but somehow some of us care including me.

Warren looks like the real to me. Not saying he gets more than 30% of the touches but kinda reminds me of RGIII when Kirk Cousins backed him up.

Users who are viewing this thread