What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kyren Williams, LAR (2 Viewers)

@zamboni unless they trade for Hunt/CMC whomever that will clearly be at the top of the depth chart.

Don't get me wrong, I picked him up too. But high ankle sprain+ surgery+ low draft capital+ low score from Waldman should keep everyone's expectations in check.

The only things he has going for him IMO are: not much ahead of him at the moment on the depth chart and Henderson is clearly not a featured back (in their opinion) and he had some camp buzz. IIRC it was something along the lines of him being the secret/ surprise #2 or something like that.

For as slow as he ran at the Combine, he sure looked fast to me on a few long scampers at ND. Breaks tackles which is something Akers wasn't doing. Good receiver, good blocker, smart, great vision, instincts. I think the Rams' coaches know this and are giving him Akers' role, which pissed Cam off.

Also wonder how much crap he's taken for almost coughing up the Rams' playoff game against Tampa. He was atrocious. Can he regain trust? I don't think so.

The Rams don't have the capital to land CMC. Maybe Hunt, but Cleveland is not dead and Hunt fits their scheme well.

I cut Akers and added Williams in a league where I'm desperate. Coming out of that draft I had JTaylor, Keenan Allen, Dak Prescott and was feeling great! Akers was a luxury to a loaded team. Say la veeeee.

@zamboni unless they trade for Hunt/CMC whomever that will clearly be at the top of the depth chart.

Don't get me wrong, I picked him up too. But high ankle sprain+ surgery+ low draft capital+ low score from Waldman should keep everyone's expectations in check.

The only things he has going for him IMO are: not much ahead of him at the moment on the depth chart and Henderson is clearly not a featured back (in their opinion) and he had some camp buzz. IIRC it was something along the lines of him being the secret/ surprise #2 or something like that.
Agreed - he’s a crapshoot but unless Henderson shows out, he might get a long look. I am not counting on a big trade because for RBs they don’t happen all that often, particularly for big names.

The Athletic's Jourdan Rodrigue expects Rams fifth-round rookie RB Kyren Williams (ankle, I.R.) to have a "big role" once he returns.​

The Rams have yet to open Williams' 21-day practice window after he underwent ankle surgery before the season. But over the summer, it appeared Williams was ticketed for a bigger-than-expected role on offense, possibly even moving ahead of Cam Akers on the depth chart, but then he got hurt. With Akers now done in Los Angeles either via trade or some other form of transaction, there's a spot for Williams alongside Darrell Henderson. Williams is worth a stash on fantasy benches or injured reserve lists.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Oct 19, 2022, 1:23 PM ET

I picked him up. Didn't want to wait. Had an open spot to take the chance on someone like him.
Just picked him up too. Sounds like the buzz on Kyren is starting to get out and if Akers is sent packing, which looks like a reasonable chance, Kyren’s value will jump significantly.
Ditto and following the buzz even during a LAR bye week. I'm looking at picking him up in one league with an IR spot open. Would have to drop someone to open that up. FYI my strategy is waited too long on a QB and a TE and now trying to work QB's in as I started with Wilson. Anyway I would drop Geno for Kyren and then Kyren to IR to see how it goes and pick up D Watson as my QB #2 for now. Hmmm... only have 2 adds left to make and can't have a pregame injury to my other QB, which is TUA or my WR's. Roll the dice or wait it out till before kickoff.

Watching and hearing the buzz on this potential play. I mean the LAR's are high on their rookie and he might just break through and never look back?

For those who keep bringing up his speed at the combine. Cooper Kupp ran a 4.62. Sometimes football speed with pads and track speed at the combine are two very different things.
Okay, now prepare the list of players who ran a 4.65 and never amounted to anything in the NFL.

For those who keep bringing up his speed at the combine. Cooper Kupp ran a 4.62. Sometimes football speed with pads and track speed at the combine are two very different things.
Okay, now prepare the list of players who ran a 4.65 and never amounted to anything in the NFL.
You first. Now prepare a list of players wo ran a 4.64 or lower and never amounted to anything in the NFL.

You first. Now prepare a list of players wo ran a 4.64 or lower and never amounted to anything in the NFL.
Really? Which list RBs do you think is longer? By number and percentage?

@Jacob's Ladder look I'm not trying to start an iFight here but randomly throwing out, as a comp, a generational talent who has far exceeded his expectations at every level (428 receptions, 6,464 yards, 15.1 y/r and 73 TDs @ East Washington) seems extreme.

We can suggest Kupp may not have been as amazing at a D1 school but, knowing what we know now would you lay a wager against it in Vegas? I wouldn't. He made every college scout in the country (and every NFL GM at least once) look foolish).

Can we make some more realistic comparisons for a college player at a D1 school who performed... adequately? Okay? Somewhat good, but certainly not exceptional?

Sounds like week 9 at the earliest.

Kyren Williams RB | LAR
Rams' Kyren Williams: Return to practice looming

by RotoWire Staff
(28 mins ago) Rams head coach Sean McVay said Monday that the team may be able to start discussing Williams (ankle) return from injured reserve following Week 8, Jourdan Rodrigue of The Athletic reports.
Williams picked up a high-ankle sprain during the season opener and has been sidelined since. He was given a 6-to-8 week return timetable, so he appears to be right on track, though McVay's comments were far from definitive. Once Williams returns to practice, he'll have a 21-day period to be added to the active roster, or he'll revert back to IR for the remainder of the season.

Rams designated RB Kyren Williams (ankle) to return from injured reserve.​

The move opens Williams' 21-day practice window. On injured reserve since the beginning of the season, Williams can play as soon as this week against the 49ers. There have been reports out of L.A. that Williams could be in for a "big role" the rest of the way with Cam Akers apparently done with the Rams. Williams needs to be added in fantasy leagues.
Oct 26, 2022, 3:12 PM ET

Maybe a ways off

@JourdanRodrigue

Kyren Williams won't play this week, said Sean McVay, and the Rams may use the full 21-day window to get him back into the offense but didn't commit to that timeline with certainty. Fair to call him "week to week" I think.
10/26/22, 2:53 PM

That's fine, next 3 matchups suck anyway. Schedule looks a lot better starting with week 11
Yep, gotta be patient here and give this one an opportunity. Could very well be 2-3 weeks before he's startable.

May be a dumb question, but will he still be listed as on IR by the NFL? That is, can I keep him on IR in my fantasy league.

Never seen him play, could he be a potential 3 down back?
Fan of his from his college days - he's smaller (~195 lbs.), but plays bigger than he is. He was a full time starter at ND because he also enjoyed staying in and blocked really really well in pass protection. He's "football fast" which is why his abysmal 40 time honestly surprised me. I knew he wasn't fast, but he isn't THAT slow. He's the ultimate backup RB in a 1-2 punch because he can do more than just run or run one specific style and because he enjoys blocking, but he isn't the athlete others that are 3 down backs are, no.

Rams' Kyren Williams: Could return from IR for Week 9

12 hrs ago | by RotoWire Staff
Coach Sean McVay said Monday that Williams (ankle) may be activated from injured reserve ahead of Sunday's game at Tampa Bay, Jourdan Rodrigue of The Athletic reports.
Williams has been recovering from a high-ankle sprain that he sustained Week 1 and resided on IR since then. After the Rams designated him to return last Wednesday, he managed a pregame workout before this past Sunday's loss to the 49ers. With Cam Akers (personal) on the trade block, the composition of L.A.'s backfield is up in the air at the moment, with all of Darrell Henderson, Malcolm Brown and practice squad member Ronnie Rivers getting in the mix Week 8. If Williams is able to join them Week 9, he could play an immediate role on passing downs.

disgusting 3-man committee incoming,
Sure seems that way unless Kyren somehow flashes. McVay already knows what he has (or doesn't have) in Akers/Henderson.
That can’t be a bad thing for a 3rd RB, right? It’s not like we are talking about Williams stepping in to compete against Chubb and Hunt here.
Agreed. We'll have to wait and see if McVay truly had a big plan for Williams all along or if it was just coach speak from the get go.

Kyren still has a great opportunity to take over. Great pass blocker, receiver, and if he can actually make ppl miss(Henderson/akers are one of the worst in the league at this) he will have value.

Kyren still has a great opportunity to take over. Great pass blocker, receiver, and if he can actually make ppl miss(Henderson/akers are one of the worst in the league at this) he will have value.
IMO offensive line is 95% to blame for the running game being horrible.

IMO offensive line is 95% to blame for the running game being horrible.
This line is bad. But if you watch the tape akers misses holes and they both go down on first contact

With McVay talking changes need to be made, maybe Kyren will finally get his chance next week to see if he's anything. Henderson did OK, but doesn't seem like McVay wants to go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread