What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kyren Williams, LAR (1 Viewer)

JIslander

Footballguy
If only he was a WR --
Was just about to bounce Kyren from my roster, but with Henderson just being released, may have to see this out for another week.

he has a third down role, regardless of who comes in off the street

With four (4!) wide receivers hurt I might have to Flex him (or James Cook)

I don’t expect his usage to increase much in the run game bc he has tiny bones
He just needs to drink his milk this week.

ZADO

Footballguy
He`s the guy , they dont even like Cam, they couldnt trade him so keep him around for insurance .
Jump on the K.Williams express , some easy run defenses coming up:moneybag:
Not sure - seems like Cam has worked his way back into the mix even if not the guy.
i see that as easing Williams back in another week, now that they know hes ok they release Henderson and move Williams into the starting role with Akers the back up , IMO

BladeRunner

Footballguy
He`s the guy , they dont even like Cam, they couldnt trade him so keep him around for insurance .
Jump on the K.Williams express , some easy run defenses coming up:moneybag:
Not sure - seems like Cam has worked his way back into the mix even if not the guy.
i see that as easing Williams back in another week, now that they know hes ok they release Henderson and move Williams into the starting role with Akers the back up , IMO
gosh I hope so.

zamboni

Footballguy

Jourdan is as plugged in as anyone covering the Rams. I don’t have a subscription to The Athletic - if anyone does and can paraphrase her thoughts, would be most appreciated.

ZADO

Footballguy

Jourdan is as plugged in as anyone covering the Rams. I don’t have a subscription to The Athletic - if anyone does and can paraphrase her thoughts, would be most appreciated.
Jourdan Rodrigue
@JourdanRodrigue

Have mentioned before, including prior to start of season, that Rams hope for Kyren Williams when drafting him would be to at some point take over the Henderson role. Didn’t see an in-season cut coming, though.

Backstory​

Henderson has struggled to stay consistently healthy during his time in Los Angeles. But even when he hasn’t been injured, the Rams still clearly didn’t want to commit to making him a feature/lead running back. Instead, they have deployed him in a committee approach (over the last few years, with either Cam Akers or Sony Michel). Coach Sean McVay said Monday that Henderson’s carries were limited in Week 11 because he felt something in his knee before the game. – Rodrigue

Where does the Rams running game go from here?​

When the Rams traded up to draft Kyren Williams this spring, the sentiment behind the scenes is that he would take over Henderson’s role at some point. The staff is high on Williams, who was hurt through the first part of the season. Still, a mid-season cut of multiple starters (including Hollins) is a rarity in an unprecedented Rams season in the McVay era. – Rodrigue

Hartliner

Footballguy
Picked him up as an end of the bench stash vs James Cook who is still on waivers. I hope Kyren gets the garbage time role and he should be seeing some catches in a matchup where Chiefs can steamroll Rams. If this week is a dud I think I churn to start rostering multiple DST for playoff matchups. I'm unsure about the tendency of the Backup QB looking to RB though.

Anyone know about QB John Wolford? Hope he is a Matt Ryan type.

gump

Footballguy
Got the most touches, but didn't do a lot with them. Terrible O...worth anything in redrafts?

Chaka

Footballguy
Got the most touches, but didn't do a lot with them. Terrible O...worth anything in redrafts?
v KC:
Kyren: 38 snaps - 70%
Akers: 16 snaps - 30%

v NO
Kyren: 35 snaps - 55%
Akers: 25 snaps - 39%

I mean, he may not be worth much as the team sucks, but any time you get a RB who garners 14 opportunities and over 50% snap share he should probably be rostered. Particularly if they are also used in the passing game.

He's another Latavius, you don't want to start him but he's a solid emergency option.

zamboni

Footballguy
v KC:
Kyren: 38 snaps - 70%
Akers: 16 snaps - 30%

v NO
Kyren: 35 snaps - 55%
Akers: 25 snaps - 39%

I mean, he may not be worth much as the team sucks, but any time you get a RB who garners 14 opportunities and over 50% snap share he should probably be rostered. Particularly if they are also used in the passing game.

He's another Latavius, you don't want to start him but he's a solid emergency option.
Kind of where I am. There sure doesn’t seem to be much fantasy value there without Stafford, Kupp and Robinson as surrounding pieces. But on the other hand, can’t ignore the uptick in usage and his pass catching role in what will likely be nothing but negative game scripts.

As for next year in keeper/dynasty leagues who knows what can happen. The Rams don’t have a lot of draft capital - not sure what their cap space will be either.

Jayded

Footballguy
I wrote up earlier in the thread what I expected after watching him at ND his whole college career - he will play if nothing else because he loves pass protection blocking. It was the most obvious reason we all knew he’d play in the NFL.

He’s elusive, not fast (see noted 40 combine time). He has great hands and if he gets third down duties plus, it’s where I see him fitting best. He will never be an NFL bellcow, but he can certainly be a James White-like difference maker. Draft and hold accordingly relative to other options knowing that.

kyoun1e

Footballguy
Malcolm Brown called up from the practice squad.

That's a bit of an eyebrow raiser.

Akers worked too much and it's a short week?

Hmmmmm.

grateful zed

Footballguy
(RotoWire) Williams rushed twice for seven yards in Monday's 24-12 loss to the Packers.
Analysis: Williams only took the field for four snaps in another forgettable performance for the rookie, while Cam Akers tallied 100 total yards of offense between his 15 touches. Any optimism for a Williams breakout during the latter half of the season has been dashed with Akers reclaiming his role as the lead back, and a Week 16 matchup against an imposing Denver defense will make it a tall task to trust Williams in fantasy lineups.

JohnnyU

Footballguy
(RotoWire) Williams rushed twice for seven yards in Monday's 24-12 loss to the Packers.
Analysis: Williams only took the field for four snaps in another forgettable performance for the rookie, while Cam Akers tallied 100 total yards of offense between his 15 touches. Any optimism for a Williams breakout during the latter half of the season has been dashed with Akers reclaiming his role as the lead back, and a Week 16 matchup against an imposing Denver defense will make it a tall task to trust Williams in fantasy lineups.
I refuse to get into another thing with the Rams RBs. Already did that before and have a few shares of Kyren Williams that I may rid myself of very soon.

JohnnyU

Footballguy
I refuse to get into another thing with the Rams RBs. Already did that before and have one share of Kyren Williams that I may rid myself of very soon. no
maybe the rams with draft some OL next year. :shrug:
Not sure what picks they have, but they sold their soul to the devil for that Super Bowl last year and they are in cap hell.

grateful zed

Footballguy

2023 NFL Draft

1st round - TRADED TO LIONS (Matthew Stafford)​

2nd round​

3rd round​

4th round - TRADED TO PATRIOTS (Sony Michel)​

5th round - TRADED TO BROWNS (Troy Hill)​

6th round​

6th round - FROM PACKERS (Corey Bojorquez)​

6th round - FROM TITANS (Robert Woods)​

7th round​