What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kyren Williams, LAR (1 Viewer)

I am not much of an x's and o's guy, this is stolen from the internet:

If you’re scoring at home, Kyren Williams added another great pass pro rep to his highlight reel in week 1.
@Nate_Tice
featured it in his excellent Film Study YouTube series for the Athletic

First video is a play from Sunday, second video is from college. I heard that the Seahawks had zero sacks and zero knockdowns on Stafford Sunday. No idea how much Kyren factored into that, but if the coaches think he helps protect Stafford that could lead to being on the field a lot since they love to pass. Being on the field a lot tends to lead to more opportunities (again, not an x's and o's guy just making a cliched statement :lol: )

After week 2 against a top defense we should have a clearer picture of whether Kyren will be a low end flex/bye week guy or a legit fantasy RB starter.
Good luck reading McVey’s mind each week.
"mmm....this chicken noodle soup is delicious.....where's my hair gel?"
My hair!!!!!
- Ulysses Everett McGill

I have to start one of him or Akers this week. Going Kyren since he’s the pass catching guy in what should be negative game script. I doubt Akers can run on them. Hoping for a td somehow

Last edited:
I am not much of an x's and o's guy, this is stolen from the internet:

If you’re scoring at home, Kyren Williams added another great pass pro rep to his highlight reel in week 1.
@Nate_Tice
featured it in his excellent Film Study YouTube series for the Athletic

First video is a play from Sunday, second video is from college. I heard that the Seahawks had zero sacks and zero knockdowns on Stafford Sunday. No idea how much Kyren factored into that, but if the coaches think he helps protect Stafford that could lead to being on the field a lot since they love to pass. Being on the field a lot tends to lead to more opportunities (again, not an x's and o's guy just making a cliched statement :lol: )

After week 2 against a top defense we should have a clearer picture of whether Kyren will be a low end flex/bye week guy or a legit fantasy RB starter.
Good luck reading McVey’s mind each week.
"mmm....this chicken noodle soup is delicious.....where's my hair gel?"
My hair!!!!!
- Ulysses Everett McGill
lol. I had to google it. I'm a Dapper Dan man, myself.

Dropped Khalil Herbert for Kyren
As someone who likes both Roschon and Kyren, that move seems a bit premature to me.
To each their own. I like the Rams offense way better than the Bears. Kyren seems to be the coaches favorite and a good bet to lead the team in RB carries and RB receptions including around the GL. Khalil appears to be in more of a committee and a good bet to lose the GL work. Easy call if you ask me

Dropped Khalil Herbert for Kyren
As someone who likes both Roschon and Kyren, that move seems a bit premature to me.
To each their own. I like the Rams offense way better than the Bears. Kyren seems to be the coaches favorite and a good bet to lead the team in RB carries and RB receptions including around the GL. Khalil appears to be in more of a committee and a good bet to lose the GL work. Easy call if you ask me
I not only agree but I did the same exact move in my only local league.

Akers not active?????

And on trade block?

Damn. Does this mean K. Williams is a three down back?

Lousy matchup but may plug him in over E. Moore/Doubs. Even in a blowout he'll get goal line and receiving touches.

Chooo Choo!!!!

Akers not active?????

And on trade block?

Lousy matchup but may plug him in over E. Moore/Doubs. Even in a blowout he'll get goal line and receiving touches.

Chooo Choo!!!!
All aboard!!! Your analysis is spot on.

What would the FAAB price for Kyren Williams have been this past week if this Akers news was out before fantasy waivers processed? He just might turn out to be a candidate for the ww pickup of the year.

Considering starting him over Mostert today.

Last edited:
Akers not active?????

Chooo Choo!!!!

Akers not active?????

And on trade block?

Chooo Choo!!!!
All aboard!!! Your analysis is spot on.

What would the FAAB price for Kyren Williams have been this past week if this Akers news was out before fantasy waivers processed? He just might turn out to be a candidate for the ww pickup of the year.

Considering starting him over Mostert today.
Curious where he jumps to in terms of projections? Hard to sit now.

Stupidly left him on my bench in favor of Pierce.

Is that 4 TDs in 6 quarters?

With Akers gone and a solid performance 2 weeks in a row Kyren is an auto start going forward.
hey i left on the bench for Pierce...never again. The texans won't have 500 yards rushing as a team this year. That's just a bad offense

In my lineup as I blew my entire wad on him in my dynasty league. Had to get a RB badly.

We have 22 man rosters and the WW is thin as ice for RB’s

Happy I got him off the wire.
Happy to have one share on the same team I have one share of Akers. Cam Akers may still hold some value if traded to a good spot. It's plain to see McVay and Akers hate each other. It seems to me that McVay is so fickle with his RBs that Williams isn't safe either. I wouldn't be surprised if Zach Evans figures into the discussion before the year is out, or Rivers. I don't know what it is with Sean McVay and NFL running backs. In the long run the Rams RB room will always be frustrating because of McVay.

Happy to have one share on the same team I have one share of Akers. Cam Akers may still hold some value if traded to a good spot. It's plain to see McVay and Akers hate each other. It seems to me that McVay is so fickle with his RBs that Williams isn't safe either. I wouldn't be surprised if Zach Evans figures into the discussion before the year is out, or Rivers. I don't know what it is with Sean McVay and NFL running backs. In the long run the Rams RB room will always be frustrating because of McVay.
For many of the same reasons you stated, I am going to look to stash Evans (for probably nothing) in my deep bench leagues.

Good snag for those who were able to get him.
Indeed.

I put very little effort/FAAB into getting him. I figured we'd see them splitting carries to where he ruined Akers value but wasn't ever a great play on his own. Did not expect to see "Akers deactivated" 7 minutes before the noon slate.

Good snag for those who were able to get him.
really couldn't have worked out better. Backup outperforms starter game 1, hot waiver pickup, starter is healthy inactive, backup gets all touches and a couple scores against a very good opponent, team wants to trade / cut former starter by the end of week 2. McVay loves to use his RBs and they have a good offense and he looks to be the guy. Grand slam of a pickup,.

Could be one of the best waiver wire pickups in years. A locked in RB1 available week 1 who is also the goal line back and catches passes out of backfield with no competition for carries on a solid offensive team? Wow. Pissed I didnt bid much on him and now I get to drop Akers to boot.

Had Cam AND the top waiver spot last week and still didn’t add him lol. I suck at this. I figured either Cam would get the job back or it would be 50/50 on a bad offense which I wanted no part of. Oh well.

For many of the same reasons you stated, I am going to look to stash Evans (for probably nothing) in my deep bench leagues.
That's a wasted roster spot if you do. McVay loves Kyren. Make no mistake, this is Kyren's job. Get on board the train now. This week 1 waiver wire pick up will be the biggest steal of the year

Reactions: GPS
Had Cam AND the top waiver spot last week and still didn’t add him lol. I suck at this. I figured either Cam would get the job back or it would be 50/50 on a bad offense which I wanted no part of. Oh well.
Yeah I said I wanted no part of McVay flip flopping and just decided to ride with Cam. Oops

I’m looking to move him in dynasty leagues where he’s not essential to my plans this year. What is he now worth in the dynasty community? A 2024 1st?

I’m looking to move him in dynasty leagues where he’s not essential to my plans this year. What is he now worth in the dynasty community? A 2024 1st?
I've racked my brain and I can't come up with a scenario where someone pays that for him today. But a fool and their money...

I offered two 25’ 2nds this morning for him and the owner told me it was a fair offer and he’d consider it but he’s likely going to hold for now. I just can’t offer a 1st for him.

I was very surprised at his running ability against San Francisco - his receiving skills have never been in question, that was his strength coming into the NFL and he is already an elite pass receiver out of the backfield. If he can handle the touches he has a very similar skill set to Austin Ekeler.

Kind of a double kick in the pants for those of us that had him most of last year when he returned from IR, waiting for him to have a prominent role that never happened. And then missing out on him this year.

I remember Rams beat writer Jourdan Rodrigue saying last year to look out for Kyren having a big role down the stretch. Turns out she was right, albeit a bit early.

Added him with my number 1 waiver last week over Kelley and his teammate Nukau. I could see the talent on his 7 yard td run. Very nice cut and pad level got him that td.

I've racked my brain and I can't come up with a scenario where someone pays that for him today. But a fool and their money...
Have you seen him play? I'd pay a 1st, I'd decline a 1st for him.

I drafted him as pick 18.16 of 16 team, 28 spot, dynasty league. One thing I love about this site is the depth charts are usually current. I think I was looking at viable backups at RB at that point. I took Breida right after at 19.01. No waiver wire for me....

Grabbed him last week and plugged him in right before kickoff over E. Moore.

Heading into week 3, my #1 and #2 RBs are Kyren Williams and Zack Moss respectfully.

Have you seen him play? I'd pay a 1st, I'd decline a 1st for him.
Two weeks does not make him that valuable (to me).

Users who are viewing this thread