What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Nick Chubb, CLE (3 Viewers)

But more to the point I would say they have very comparable offenses in terms of potency. Better? Eh? Who knows. Cleveland's arrow is pointing up. Atlanta is solid but maybe plateaued? Wouldn't be surprised either way as to who finishes higher.
Atlanta has the advantage of playing late season games in a Dome - but agree they are both pretty good offenses.

Would it be crazy to consider Chubb above Bell, Mixon, Gurley and Conner? Those guys are currently all ahead of Chubb on FFC in 0.5 PPR.

Each has big question marks of their own, either health-wise or quality/newness of offense. Chubb IMO would have the least risk.
It’s not crazy if you like him better.

Screw adp and the “experts”, pick who you want when you want

So, for the sake of argument, we are saying that the Cleveland Browns have a better offense than the Atlanta Falcons?
Only @FreeBaGeL said that.  No one else did.  The 2 are certainly comparable...

Ryan, Freeman, Jones, Ridley, Hooper

Mayfield, Chubb, OBJ, Landry, Njoku

Personally, the only guy I'd rather have for redraft from CLE is Chubb over Freeman.

Agreed. Just trying to understanding the "why" of some of these rankings...sorting through the group think vs. something fundamental I might be missing.
If you’re in that position, you’re likely near the end of the first. Grab a WR then grab Chubb. Obviously some inherent risk, but I would think quite doable. 

If you’re in that position, you’re likely near the end of the first. Grab a WR then grab Chubb. Obviously some inherent risk, but I would think quite doable. 
Yes. Some risk like you say but not as much as a full-on upside down draft strategy. Still some decent quality RB's at the back end of round 3 vs. years past.

I haven’t scrolled up real far, but I’m surprised nobody’s mentioned hunt yet. I would say that’s a pretty big Collin for a chub. I don’t understand the people who think that they’re just gonna let Kareem hunt sit on the sideline with a clipboard. He’s one of the best talents in the league.

I haven’t scrolled up real far, but I’m surprised nobody’s mentioned hunt yet. I would say that’s a pretty big Collin for a chub. I don’t understand the people who think that they’re just gonna let Kareem hunt sit on the sideline with a clipboard. He’s one of the best talents in the league.
It’s certainly been discussed, but the general consensus is that he won’t eat into Chubb. My own opinion is that they had the roster space, and will likely deal him before the deadline. Shrug. 

Devil's advocate -

Hunt is really good 

Eight weeks of ground and pound will make anyone weary at worst. 

Fresh legs to preserve the #1 guy for the long game 

I think Hunt does have a role but that is (or least was) baked into Chubb’s ADP. If there were no Hunt he’d be going late first. As it is, I think he performs like a first rounder as a clear bell cow the first 8 games. Then Hunt comes back to a role and he sees a slight decline in touches with a slight uptick in efficiency producing more like a mid 2nd. Hunt’s touches don’t all have to come at the expense of Chubb. They can add more running/short passing for the RBs to maximize their talent advantage there. And if the addition of Hunt/fresher Chubb helps the offense be more effective, there’s extra plays created.

I have 10th pick in my 12 team league (0.5 PPR) and this has been my plan all along (grabbing Chubb at 15). And then I keep thinking that the guy in my league with the 12/13 picks is going to screw me over. Grabbing Chubb at 10 ensures I get the guy I want and still leaves me some solid WR1's at 15. 

I have 10th pick in my 12 team league (0.5 PPR) and this has been my plan all along (grabbing Chubb at 15). And then I keep thinking that the guy in my league with the 12/13 picks is going to screw me over. Grabbing Chubb at 10 ensures I get the guy I want and still leaves me some solid WR1's at 15. 
I pick 12 in my league and I'm leaning toward Chubb at the turn, so I do think there's risk in waiting. 

100% Chubb and Evans/AB

or

70% Julio/Hill/OBJ and Chubb

30% Julio/Hill/OBJ and Mixon/Gurley/Evans/Kelce

Mary Kay Cabot‏Verified account @MaryKayCabot 2h2 hours ago

#Browns Chubb, who’s been relentless in these #Colts practices, ripped off a 65-yard TD run on 1st play of a team period.  Baker chases him downfield to celebrate
And tackled him into the end zone??

100% Chubb and Evans/AB

or

I believe Julio will be gone by the time I pick at 15. Would love to grab Tyreek at 15. If he's gone, I probably would go Kelce  (TE counts as WR in my league) before I would go Evans (Arians has history of spreading the ball around) or AB (too much drama there). 

100% Chubb and Evans/AB

or

I believe Julio will be gone by the time I pick at 15. Would love to grab Tyreek at 15. If he's gone, I probably would go Kelce  (TE counts as WR in my league) before I would go Evans (Arians has history of spreading the ball around) or AB (too much drama there). 
Exactly what I'm saying.  Grab your WR at 10 and take the 70% chance that Chubb is there in the 2nd.  Your team will look a lot better.  

Not bashing, but why take Chubb ahead of Freeman, Fournette, Henry and Ingram?  Looking for help to "talk me into" Chubb over less sexy picks which seem either safer or more favorable situations...
I don’t like to pull games out or pull catches/runs out to make a point but Henry, without his two stupid good games, would have finished OUTSIDE of the top 50 RB’s. F-I-F-T-Y. Greater than. I love Henry. This coming year will be my first year without him. But I can’t do it anymore. He has all the makings to be a beast but it’s just not meant to be. He won’t catch much with Dion Lewis there. I actually think Lewis is a much better option ADP vs ADP. I hope he kills it - but it won’t be on my team. 

Ingram will be part of a RBBC and could potentially be on the wrong side of it in the 2nd half of the year. Gus Edwards looked pretty damn good when given the opportunity last year and it’s no secret Justice Hill is being groomed to be the man. Could he ride the pine for most of the season? Sure. But I think he will get his chance. 

Fournette ugh. What to do, what to do. I’ll be honest - flip a coin and whatever it lands - Fournette, Freeman or Chubb (I realize its 3 picks and 2 sides before someone wants to be an ### and point it out 😘)...I wouldn’t be upset with either of them. I am shooting for Freeman in the 3rd because I know Chubb won’t be there. If he was, I would take him. 

not groundbraking but in year 2 our 20yr redraft turned keep 3 PPR league, i dropped mike evans and james conner to keep barkley, michael thomas and... of course... nick chubb.

Exactly what I'm saying.  Grab your WR at 10 and take the 70% chance that Chubb is there in the 2nd.  Your team will look a lot better.  
But for the fact that my buddy, who drafts in the 11 slot, has already told me he will be taking Chubb. So, if I want him, it's at 10, or not at all. 

Baker chases him downfield to celebrate
anybody else starting to think this hype train is getting a little out of control? I like Chubb too but not sure he's worth a first round pick.

Especially for PPR. Last year he received above 3 targets only one time. Being drafted in front of Conner could be a mistake (he averaged 5.5 targets per game)

Chubb will be involved in the passing game this year.  The trade of Duke Johnson all but guaranteed that.  If you are worried about the split once Hunt comes back, maybe that is a consideration, but Samuels will eat into Conner's work more this year than anyone on the Browns roster not named Hunt will eat into Chubb's share.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm taking Chubb 10th still good wrs like Hill, Thomas, Juju slipping to the 2nd. Too risky to wait. I don't think Julio is much better than those wrs.
I took Chubb at 1.09 in Dynasty start up a few months back...  still happy with the decision!  For me, it as between him and Mixon...  Gordon went 1.10, followed by Ju-Ju at 2.01 & Mixon at 2.02 ... I think depth of WR options are better suited for waiting than a top tier RB. 

I took Chubb at 1.09 in Dynasty start up a few months back...  still happy with the decision!  For me, it as between him and Mixon...  Gordon went 1.10, followed by Ju-Ju at 2.01 & Mixon at 2.02 ... I think depth of WR options are better suited for waiting than a top tier RB. 
Dynasty is different. A little surprised he went that late in a dynasty start-up tbh.

redraft I’m not yet convinced he’s worth a 1st round pick. 

Hmm, why would he tell you who he’s taking with the pick after yours?
He is a good friend and we've been in the same league together for 20 years. We were just talking about who we thought would go in the first round, and without knowing who I liked, he said he liked Chubb alot. And I told him that he "doesn't get past pick # 10." Nothing he says would get me to take someone I was not otherwise going to take. 

I miss the days (a week ago), when I could Chubb in the mid to late second in best ball drafts.  

The world has finally caught up to how good this kid is going to be this year.  My only hope is that this the peak and it falls some in the next week or two before I draft my big money leagues.  Maybe I can be so lucky that he has 3 carries for 2 yards in the 3rd preseason game and maybe drops a pass. 

Most recent Yahoo expert .5 PPR rankings has Chubb #4 overall...not #4 RB!!
Take Hunt away, and this is where I believe Chubb would've settled at weeks ago, particular after Duke, Zeke and Mel G developments. Hunt hasn't gone away, so there is that, but perhaps some of the consensus fear about his 2nd half contamination of Chubb's valuation is a bit overblown, and starting to subside.

Hoping he falls to me at pick # 10 in my 0.5 PPR, but I have a feeling he won't even make it to me. 
I think he is there for sure.  I believe he is in for a good season I just think there are a lot of more tired and true fantasy locks ahead of him. 

I think he is there for sure.  I believe he is in for a good season I just think there are a lot of more tired and true fantasy locks ahead of him. 
In my 0.5 PPR (12 team) league, I see the first 8 picks (not necessarily in order) as: Barkley, McCaffrey, Kamara, Zeke, Mahomes, Lev Bell, Hopkins and DJ. The guy who picks # 9 is a friend and has already indicated he is going RB (regardless of the WRs available). Which means he will take either Conner or Chubb. He won't take Mixon or Gurley or Cook at # 9, as that is a bit early for them, and I believe that HE believes he can get one of them at pick # 16.

In my 0.5 PPR (12 team) league, I see the first 8 picks (not necessarily in order) as: Barkley, McCaffrey, Kamara, Zeke, Mahomes, Lev Bell, Hopkins and DJ. The guy who picks # 9 is a friend and has already indicated he is going RB (regardless of the WRs available). Which means he will take either Conner or Chubb. He won't take Mixon or Gurley or Cook at # 9, as that is a bit early for them, and I believe that HE believes he can get one of them at pick # 16.
Mahomes?  nah

Michael Thomas, maybe julio, maybe Adams

I think you can get chubb at 10.   I do doubt one will be able to get him at the turn though.

edit - just ran the numbers from the last 2 days of mocks and he is going #8.  If that is the case then I think you can get a lights out wr at 10, and maybe another one in the 2nd if the run on running backs continues.  There are plenty of guys I like in the 4,5 rounds

Mahomes?  nah

Michael Thomas, maybe julio, maybe Adams

I think you can get chubb at 10.   I do doubt one will be able to get him at the turn though.

edit - just ran the numbers from the last 2 days of mocks and he is going #8.  If that is the case then I think you can get a lights out wr at 10, and maybe another one in the 2nd if the run on running backs continues.  There are plenty of guys I like in the 4,5 rounds
Mahomes will absolutely go in the top 5 in my league (6 points for passing TDs). Everyone saw the Mahomes team win our league last year with basically a ####ty team...plus Mahomes. As for the mocks with Chubb going # 8, I am not directing this at anyone in particular, but "I told ya so." He is the new flavor of the week, and anyone thinking they are going to get him in the mid-late 2nd round is deluding themselves. I happen to like James Conner a lot, so I have no problems taking him at 10, and then grabbing a "lights out WR" at 15 (such as Tyreek Hill, Beckham, Michael Thomas, etc..). I would love to have the balls to go WR/WR at 10 and 15, but then my first RB won't come until pick # 34, and I don't want to do that. 

Is it crazy to think Chubb is RB5 now with Duke gone? I’m not near as worried about Hunt as most but I’m wondering if I should be. Would hate for him to lose carries heading down the stretch. 

I have the 8th pick and was planning on going with whoever was left of Hopkins/Adams/Jones but thinking Chubb is the pick here. 

matuski said:
He caught 20 balls last year.. was that just Duke or does Chubb not excel here?
He was raw last year but flashed good hands. He had those 20 all in the final 9 games. With Duke there. That’s a 35 catch pace over 16 games. You’d have to think that is the absolute floor. If he’s improved at all (likely) and receives more opportunity with Duke gone (likely) than you’d have to think he’ll get more than that. One additional catch per game gets him to 50.

He was raw last year but flashed good hands. He had those 20 all in the final 9 games. With Duke there. That’s a 35 catch pace over 16 games. You’d have to think that is the absolute floor. If he’s improved at all (likely) and receives more opportunity with Duke gone (likely) than you’d have to think he’ll get more than that. One additional catch per game gets him to 50.
Can’t remember where I heard it, have been streaming podcasts all month with my hour commute each day, but someone on the coaching staff said they wanted to get him 45-50 balls minimum. 

Can’t remember where I heard it, have been streaming podcasts all month with my hour commute each day, but someone on the coaching staff said they wanted to get him 45-50 balls minimum. 
Good to hear. Something’s wrong if they’re not trying to get the ball in his hands in space a variety of different via the passing game. If he can get just a couple catches per game on designed plays that’s huge. He’ll catch some more just from being on the field a ton and snagging checkdowns and dumpoffs.

Good to hear. Something’s wrong if they’re not trying to get the ball in his hands in space a variety of different via the passing game. If he can get just a couple catches per game on designed plays that’s huge. He’ll catch some more just from being on the field a ton and snagging checkdowns and dumpoffs.
Absolutely. 3 catches a game is totally reasonable. Especially with OBJ and Callaway to stretch the field. Although I think Higgins might be ahead of him. 

Users who are viewing this thread