What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Saquon Barkley, PHI (2 Viewers)

I mostly agree with the Giants there. There is a very small list of RBs worth that much, and they are all a lot better than Barkley.
Swift appears to have got $8 per year. IF that is true, then Barkley is worth $10 in this market.
Swift was certainly nowhere near my list of RBs better than Barkley.

As a Bears fan, its never surprising when the Bears do something idiotic. If they set the RB market with Swift, Barkley should easily get 12+.

Wow!! If Jalen didn't steal all those TDs, this could vault him into the early first of fantasy drafts.

Those running lanes are huuuuuge. Of course, since it's Saquon, he'll be hurt by Week 10.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s hilarious that Barkley shareholders finally get their wish of getting him to a good offense, and now he has the most effective GL vulture QB in the league? :lol:
To be fair, Sanders had 11 rushing TDs two years ago. The tush push worked fantastically well for them, but maybe they didn't have a guy they trusted at the stripe. Could also want to limit the pounding on Hurts.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s hilarious that Barkley shareholders finally get their wish of getting him to a good offense, and now he has the most effective GL vulture QB in the league? :lol:

Steven Jackson on the Rams is a good comparison. Gonna light it up on yardage but is almost guaranteed to score less than 10 touchdowns.

2009 Steven Jackson had 1,400 rushing yards and only 4 rushing TD. Would not be surprised if something similar happened with Saquon.

To be fair, Sanders had 11 rushing TDs two years ago.
I felt like that was a bit flukey.
That was before the Tush Push was perfected ....

Then that becomes the arguement on how losing Jason Kelce, the most integral part of the push changes the rate in which they use that play.

But if I know Philly (and I don't), they're gonna draft the nastiest Center out of college and end up running it even better this year lol.

As a Saquon fan it's nice to see a highly thought of GM pony up for him. 3/38 is a hell of a lot more than, say, 3/24 going to someone like Tony Pollard, who in a beautiful spot last year crapped the bed, and was summarily scooped by a franchise that canned Mike Vrabel for Ran Carthon.

There are levels to this, and Saquon is at the top along with a few others. This year will show.

This has CMC to the niners energy IMO. Saquon is not quite CMC, but I think we will be reminded of how good he is.
NFL is the most team/system sport out there. Even the best of the best still need a "team" around them. Upgrades in weapons around him, QB, offensive line, etc. He should flourish.

Now how effective will be at pushing Hurts into the endzone is the real question haha (the real real question is if the Eagles finally give it to the RB on goal to go situations)

This has CMC to the niners energy IMO. Saquon is not quite CMC, but I think we will be reminded of how good he is.
NFL is the most team/system sport out there. Even the best of the best still need a "team" around them. Upgrades in weapons around him, QB, offensive line, etc. He should flourish.

Now how effective will be at pushing Hurts into the endzone is the real question haha (the real real question is if the Eagles finally give it to the RB on goal to go situations)
Are you kidding me? Those quads were built for propelling other men forward!

Are you kidding me? Those quads were built for propelling other men forward!
LOL!!

Maybe Barkley won't get tackled at the 1 line Swift seemed to do like 10 times last year maybe Barkley will just get into the endzone.

There are some obvious issues: Hurts at the goal line, will Hurts dump it off?

But easily the best offense Saquon has ever been a part of.

Eagles agreed to terms with RB Saquon Barkley, formerly of the Giants, on a three-year, $37.8 million contract.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the deal includes $26 million fully guaranteed at signing, which is pretty good for a running back in this day and age. Advanced stats gurus won’t like the backfield expenditure from the typically “sharp” Eagles front office, but it does fill a glaring need for an offense that wants to be balanced but couldn’t rely on the running game during its defense-and-injury duress down the stretch in 2023. Nick Sirianni’s offense had also grown too fond of committees that somehow necessitated taking the lead back off the field for the likes of Kenneth Gainwell and Boston Scott. Barkley’s pass-catching efficiency has taken a hit in recent years, but it’s hard to read too much into his quarterback-destroyed numbers of ’23. He should remain a firm RB1 in Philly as he heads into his age-27 campaign.

- Adam Schefter, Twitter

Saquon's career to date has been almost as bad as realistically possible given his insane talent level. Almost everything went wrong in NY. Injuries and a pitiful supporting cast being the two biggest issues. I'm curious to see him on a new team. This has Lynch in Seattle vibes. Lynch was just a guy in Buffalo and looked like he was trending out of the league. Context matters a lot. If Barkley stays healthy, he could dominate.

Saquon's career to date has been almost as bad as realistically possible given his insane talent level. Almost everything went wrong in NY. Injuries and a pitiful supporting cast being the two biggest issues. I'm curious to see him on a new team. This has Lynch in Seattle vibes. Lynch was just a guy in Buffalo and looked like he was trending out of the league. Context matters a lot. If Barkley stays healthy, he could dominate.
Solid comparison of situations. I would love to see Saquon have a similar revival.

Then that becomes the arguement on how losing Jason Kelce, the most integral part of the push changes the rate in which they use that play.

But if I know Philly (and I don't), they're gonna draft the nastiest Center out of college and end up running it even better this year lol.

They drafted Cam Jurgens to replace Kelce. He played G last year but he's sliding over to center this year.

Honestly, I’m not the least bit worried about it. I think they use it less next year now that they have one of the best RBs and clearly went hard after him.

Tiki has a daily NY talk show, so is paid to be outspoken. That said, he's being a bit of a clown here - like he wouldn't have jumped at a bag of cash by Philly if they threw it to him when he was playing.
Exactly. Tiki is just catering to his audience.

Going back further I think of Marshall Faulk. He was such a great talent coming out of the draft and was on such a mediocre Indy team for the first 4-5 years of his life. Gets traded to the Rams and becomes one of the best RBs to ever play the game, winning a super bowl and a league MVP. I we get some % of that, jeesh, look out.

I went to UVA for undergrad, and PSU for grad school, so I love both of these guys...and as a Commander's fan, it pained me to root for them in the pro's given the NFC east rivalry - with that said, Saquon, in my eyes, was the best college back I'd ever seen barring maybe Reggie Bush...I was bummed when he was on a Giants team with zero weapons for most of that time. As much as I hate that he's still in the NFC east, I hope his true talent can show now. Just the fact that you can name a few of the offensive weapons on the Eagles should help him avoid stacked boxes all the time.

ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio believes the Eagles could target a running back in the NFL Draft.
Paolantonio said on the Pat McAfee Show that the Eagles could try to create a “thunder and lightning” backfield with Saquon Barkley — who signed a three-year deal with Philly this week — functioning as the thunder part of the equation.

Going back further I think of Marshall Faulk. He was such a great talent coming out of the draft and was on such a mediocre Indy team for the first 4-5 years of his life. Gets traded to the Rams and becomes one of the best RBs to ever play the game, winning a super bowl and a league MVP. I we get some % of that, jeesh, look out.

I am a huge Barkley fan and have him in just about every league I'm in so want this to be true. However there are some pretty big differences. Mainly that Faulk/Lynch were both 24/25 years old and largely uninjured whereas Barkley is 27 and has had several relatively major injuries throughout his career.

I firmly believe 22 year old Saquon in a great situation could have been in the discussion for one of the greatest of all-time. But he's a back whose greatest strength is his suddenness/explosiveness and at 27 with an ACL and several other lower body injuries behind him is certainly not the back he once was. I'm still expecting very good things, but definitely some major differences from those guys.

Frazier from WVU

Users who are viewing this thread