What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Tony Pollard, TEN (1 Viewer)

I think the play calling is horrible. Still waiting for easy screens to get him involved early. Too many runs right up the middle into defenders. Horrible.

They scored 49 points. How bad can the play calling be?
The play calling involving him.
They're going to continue to run the ball, that was McCarthy's gripe with Kellen Moore. Although we were scoring points and running copious amounts of Tony Pollard Wheel Routes - it isn't what McCarthy wants. For that reason, I have added Rico Dowdle. It seems like he is better suited for that Zeke role and he was getting some run before the blowout. I can see a 50/50 or 60/40 timeshare looming.

I think the play calling is horrible. Still waiting for easy screens to get him involved early. Too many runs right up the middle into defenders. Horrible.

So Dallas calls terrible plays for Pollard yet otherwise the team scores seven TDs and those plays are pretty good on average?
They are predictable plays to Pollard, while the scoring plays are better, yes. Throwing to Lamb is a big advantage over the defense.

He's gonna have a huge weak when no one expects it. Not sure if it's this week or not, but it's coming as soon as you throw him on your bench...

He's gonna have a huge weak when no one expects it. Not sure if it's this week or not, but it's coming as soon as you throw him on your bench...
If I have a better option, I may bench him after this week. If he can’t break out vs the Giants and Carolina, when will he?

If we are redrafting tomorrow, where will he go? I’m thinking 4-5th round.

So Dallas calls terrible plays for Pollard yet otherwise the team scores seven TDs and those plays are pretty good on average?
It seems like he runs the ball up the middle on about 95% of first downs and up the middle again on just about every 3rd and short. So ….yes

Agreed, although it will probably come from a few big plays off 15-18 touches like last year, not the 20-25 we were banking on coming into the season. That’s obviously a big difference from a future floor perspective.

If I have a better option, I may bench him after this week. If he can’t break out vs the Giants and Carolina, when will he?

If we are redrafting tomorrow, where will he go? I’m thinking 4-5th round.
Maybe even later like 5th or 6th based on his numbers so far this year if he doesn't improve on them.

Reading these posts has me thinking twice about buying low.

Was thinking of offering Mostert in a deal with Achane coming back.

Curious...what would Pollard owners think of a direct swap for Mostert?
Definitely .. I’d take Mostert in that offense any day even with Achane.
I also would.
I own Mostert in dynasty, and I’m not even sure I’d trade him straight up there…

Would you trade him for Breece?
Why would any Breece owner make that trade though??
To be clear, the trade is Kyler and Pollard for Breece.

I originally offered Saquon and Murray due to the Giants being so bad. He countered with Pollard.
Breece Hall is probably a top 4 RB. I can't believe you're even asking if you should take Breece Hall for Pollard and Murray. Yes, you should. I can't believe the other guy is more willing to give up Breece over Saquon. The Giants with Danny DeVito's kid under center do not look good. I'd say the situations are equally awful and that Breece is a better player at this stage of his career.

In general, Dallas is moving the ball. However, everyone is wondering why Pollard isn’t producing…..It’s a pretty simple answer: they are not using him the same way they did last year. As Bad_Mo2 mentioned…95% of his runs are between the tackles. There have been almost no plays called to get him the ball in space. Ironically, his biggest play came on a scramble from Dak when he found him over the middle. There have been no screens, no wheel routes, no passes in the flats. They hardly ever run Pollard on sweeps or tosses. Yes, he can run between the tackles, but that‘s not his forte.

I'm hoping Mostert has a big game vs the Raiders and then I can dish him. People want to see him have a big game with Achane back before committing. I agree on playoff schedules. Hoping to see something from Pollard though - he doesn't look like the same player so I'm not sure I can pull the trigger. Has to have positive regression though, right?

I'm hoping Mostert has a big game vs the Raiders and then I can dish him. People want to see him have a big game with Achane back before committing. I agree on playoff schedules. Hoping to see something from Pollard though - he doesn't look like the same player so I'm not sure I can pull the trigger. Has to have positive regression though, right?
Yeah I'm thinking positive regression happens for Pollard. You'd think with Dak on fire it should open things up for him. He's been damn unlucky at the goaline.

Also, Mostert seems like he's running out of gas and he's...volatile...especially with Achane back. Pollard, while unspectacular, could theoretically be a more consistent asset come weeks 15-17.

Of course, if I don't ditch Mostert this week and he goes off, I'll convince myself to hang onto him.

Seems like a decent buy low. When u buy low u want guys whose value can drastically change with one game. Pollard is that guy who has one 150 yard 2 TD game and people forget his bad games. Ha ha. With that reasoning if u own no way u sell. It's bad business. I own zero shares but I'd keep rolling him out. Win or lose id die on that hill. All my opinion of course.

Seems like a decent buy low. When u buy low u want guys whose value can drastically change with one game. Pollard is that guy who has one 150 yard 2 TD game and people forget his bad games. Ha ha. With that reasoning if u own no way u sell. It's bad business. I own zero shares but I'd keep rolling him out. Win or lose id die on that hill. All my opinion of course.
A big game from Pollard seems very unlikely . He hasn’t scored a TD since week 1 and hasn’t had a big game since week 3. I have to start him this week due to injuries and bye weeks but plan on beaching him after this week. Tough to bench your first round draft pick and admit you are wrong but he’s done so little for weeks.

A big game from Pollard seems very unlikely . He hasn’t scored a TD since week 1 and hasn’t had a big game since week 3. I have to start him this week due to injuries and bye weeks but plan on beaching him after this week. Tough to bench your first round draft pick and admit you are wrong but he’s done so little for weeks.
Yep. In this game you have to pivot quickly. Conditions in the NFL and for individual teams and players change rapidly and waiting around for "regression" usually doesn't work. This is no longer a team that runs much, and when they do they don't do it creatively, and when Pollard gets the ball he looks nothing like his old self, maybe because of his leg injury, maybe for other reasons.

Didn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies. He had 38 rushing yards and 0 TDs to start the 4th quarter. And then almost got tackled on the 1yd line again for his TD.

Benched him unfortunately due to concerns about volume, but glad to see that his value is heading in the right direction.

I thought he looked great and hope these last two games have "unlocked" him and he'll ball out ROS. Lots of the credit goes to Dak's improved play, but it does seem like TP is hitting the holes just a little faster and able to contort his body to slip through the cracks. On that 10 yard TD run he had, I thought he looked just a little faster and running with more power than earlier this season. The Pollard that we saw the first 10 weeks would have been brought down at the 1, and then we would have seen Rico get the call or Jake Ferguson for a wide open TD off a fake in the corner of the end zone. I'm encouraged. Not sure who people were benching him for yesterday. If you're not going to play him against Washington, then when are you going to play him?

. If you're not going to play him against Washington, then when are you going to play him?
That was the mindset for many against the Giants last week - sometimes you get it right, sometimes not.
Am I missing something? Yes, he didn't do well against the Giants, but he got 18 week 11 against Carolina. Shouldn't that have given enough confidence to start him again in week 12?

I don't know where it's coming from, but TP's got some pep back in his step.
I said the same thing to my brother while we were watching the game yesterday. Pollard looked quicker than he has for weeks. Maybe he had a nagging ankle or knee that healed?

Users who are viewing this thread