What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Tony Pollard, TEN (1 Viewer)

Leaning to using Pollard over a pile of not-great flex options in non-PPR: McKissic, Snell, Ito Smith, D. Harris, JuJu, Gus Edwards... what a mess. But I'm in a matchup with a better team and think Pollard has the highest ceiling, even if he could also do next to nothing.

Tony Pollard rushed five times for 15 yards and caught 3-of-5 targets for 18 yards in the Cowboys' Week 17 loss to the Giants.

Ezekiel Elliott played through his calf issue but had some trouble at times getting loose in the cold. Elliott missed one game this season, and Pollard balled out with 132 yards and two touchdowns on 18 touches back in Week 15 against San Francisco. It would be great to see Pollard in a lead-back role, but the Cowboys are married to Elliott for at least one more season. Pollard has two years left on his rookie deal and averaged just eight touches per game this season.

- Rotoworld

Tony Pollard rushed three times for 10 yards in the Cowboys' Week 1 loss to the Bucs, adding four receptions for 29 additional yards. 

Pollard was out-snapped 70-20 by Ezekiel Elliott but actually drew his backfield mate to a yardage standstill (39). Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Zeke's RB1 value, though the snap disparity speaks for itself. Pollard arguably once again looked more explosive than Elliott this evening, but a timeshare isn't about to emerge after one bad game against an elite run defense. Keep Pollard holstered as an elite insurance back who could chip away at Elliott's daunting touch advantage.

Tough for him that he’s stuck behind Zeke for likely his entire rookie contract. He could probably start for a lot of teams.

Tony Pollard rushed 13 times for 109 yards and a touchdown in the Cowboys' Week 2 win over the Chargers.

Pollard added three catches for 31 yards through the air. He saw just three fewer carries than Ezekiel Elliott and was more involved as a receiver as Elliott was targeted twice. Pollard has looked more explosive than Elliott through two games and the Cowboys have been more comfortable splitting their backfield than in previous years. It's still hard to trust Pollard as a standalone fantasy option but his share of the backfield is turning Elliott into a volatile RB2 instead of the elite option drafters were hoping for. If the split continues, Pollard will emerge as a viable FLEX option whenever the Cowboys find themselves in negative game scripts. 

Sep 19, 2021, 7:36 PM ET

Is he flexible against eagles d next week? Eagles defense legit or played trash offenses? And yes I’m calling 49ers trash right now 

Not fun having both.  

I'd love to hear what Dallas coaching staff is saying behind closed doors right now.  Pollard RIPS every time he has the ball.  Which makes me question  ...would he also rip if he became the workhorse week in and week out?  He might be optimal with a light to moderate role. If something happened to this backfield,  I think it'd be league winning if Pollard took over the role the last 4 weeks of the season with fresh legs during fantasy playoffs. 

Guess I better :blackdot: this one since I have both. Might need to start running both out there with injuries to others. 

Zeke owner here.  Pollard looks better by quite a bit.  

In the real NFL, this is why you never give a big contract to a RB. I'm starting Pollard in one league, although it's a dynasty league that I'm probably losing anyways so not real important. At some point, the coaches have to play the better guy because if they keep losing they'll be out of jobs soon.

Pollard looks better but there may be more to the story.  Not certain.  Often times the backup looks better in smaller bursts.  Plus teams may stack the box vs Zeke and not vs. Pollard.  Plus RBs have to protect the QB and most consider Zeke the best in the league at that.  Not certain how Pollard stacks up.  It is very likely if Zeke got hurt that Pollard would look more normal over the season.

What do you see as his trade value?

I have him…free off the wire after I drafted and IR’d Michael Thomas.

I don’t have Elliot…and my WR position is weak after my top 2.  Im solid at RB with Gaskin and Ty’son and Latavius as my RB4-6.

I offered a guy Gaskin for Higgins to get a counter…his counter is wanting Pollard.  No brainer for me, right? (My WRs are Kupp, Justin Jefferson and Robbie Anderson with Thomas on IR)

What do you see as his trade value?

I have him…free off the wire after I drafted and IR’d Michael Thomas.

I don’t have Elliot…and my WR position is weak after my top 2.  Im solid at RB with Gaskin and Ty’son and Latavius as my RB4-6.

I offered a guy Gaskin for Higgins to get a counter…his counter is wanting Pollard.  No brainer for me, right? (My WRs are Kupp, Justin Jefferson and Robbie Anderson with Thomas on IR)
I would not call you "solid" at RB. Keep Pollard & trade those others IMO

I would not call you "solid" at RB. Keep Pollard & trade those others IMO
Those are bench behind Aaron Jones, Barkley and Carson. 
He already rejected Gaskin.  Thought about countering with Tyson but week to week Pollard may not have the same value without injury.  Its still Zeke’s job

Those are bench behind Aaron Jones, Barkley and Carson. 
He already rejected Gaskin.  Thought about countering with Tyson but week to week Pollard may not have the same value without injury.  Its still Zeke’s job
Pollard > Wiliams IMO.

Lamar is RB1

Tony Pollard rushed 11 times for 60 yards in the Cowboys' Week 3 win over the Eagles.

Pollard and Ezekiel Elliott combined for 28-155-2 on the ground, but it was Zeke who scored both touchdowns with one- and three-yard plunges. Pollard was also out-targeted 3-1 by Elliott. This is still Elliott's backfield, though Pollard's role is increasing this season. He has 28 touches the last two weeks but is a highly-volatile FLEX play with Elliott healthy ahead of a Week 4 date with the Panthers.

Sep 28, 2021, 12:03 AM ET

Man this guy is dynamic, looks explosive every week. RB17 in PPR on only 11.7 touches a week.

Should be in a 45/55 split all year. Def not what we’re used to with Zeke but Pollard is too good. Last night there were a couple 3-4 play sequences where it was obvious to everyone Tony was getting the ball, and there was nothing the D could do. 5-7 yards every play.

Tony Pollard rushed 10 times for 67 yards in Dallas' Week 4 win against the Panthers.

Pollard's most impactful play was a meaningless one in the box score, moving the chains with an option lateral from Ezekiel Elliott (20/143/1) on 3rd-and-1 to ice the game. Pollard was still out-carried 20-10 on Sunday and failed to see a single target behind Elliott in the passing game. Still averaging 11 touches through four games, Pollard's outlook as a standalone RB3/4 remains the same. He can be fired up again as such in Week 5 against the Giants

Tony Pollard had 14 rushes for 75 yards in the Cowboys' Week 5 win against the Giants, adding four receptions for 28 yards. 

Pollard once again didn't find the end zone -- he's scored once this season -- but his usage was encouraging in positive game script. Ezekiel Elliott had seven more rushing attempts than Pollard, while Pollard saw four targets to Zeke's three. Both Dallas backs are usable for fantasy purposes when the Cowboys play with a lead, as they have for the past four games. Pollard will be a less reliable option if or when the Cowboys face a deficit. Against New England in Week 6, they should again have game script on their side, making Pollard a candidate for a dozen touches. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

Kinda feels like 2020 Kareem Hunt. Never really know when to play him, or what results you'll get, but that you're going to get probably 10 touches + a game.

Seems like the type of player to just leave in FLEX all year 

Tony Pollard rushed four times for 11 yards and caught 1-of-2 targets for 32 yards in the Cowboys' Week 9 loss to the Broncos.

With the Cowboys getting obliterated 30-0 on the scoreboard in the second half, Pollard only handled five touches to Ezekiel Elliott's 13. They were never allowed to establish anything on the ground with the offense failing time and again to move the chains. Pollard will be a FLEX option next week at home against the Falcons in a bounce-back spot for Dallas.

- NBC SportsEDGE

I'll be picking him up after next week; I think its very likely we see Pollard start over Zeke when the Cowboys punch their ticket to the playoffs and the games become less meaningful.

Every game is meaningful. This is the NFL where nothing is guaranteed 
So you're saying teams don't rest their starters late in the season to keep their players rested for their playoff run? Lots of stuff can be guaranteed by the last few games of the season, and Pollard is good enough to carry the load and win games. It's hardly forfeiting to start Pollard when you know you're playing playoff football.

So you're saying teams don't rest their starters late in the season to keep their players rested for their playoff run? Lots of stuff can be guaranteed by the last few games of the season, and Pollard is good enough to carry the load and win games. It's hardly forfeiting to start Pollard when you know you're playing playoff football.
You're assuming Dallas will continue to win every game and be a lock for a high seed. It's possible but no one can predict the future. 

Yes- Pollard should be owned anyways in all leagues. I'd just temper expectations if you think he's a league winner without an injury to Zeke

TampaMike19 said:
You're assuming Dallas will continue to win every game and be a lock for a high seed. It's possible but no one can predict the future. 

Yes- Pollard should be owned anyways in all leagues. I'd just temper expectations if you think he's a league winner without an injury to Zeke
The thing is he is already hurt but playing through it. I could see them sitting him if they clinch so he is healthy for the playoffs. Problem is it might not be a declared sitting. It could be play for a quarter to stay fresh. 

I obviously own Pollard as a Zeke owner but due to byes this week, I'm starting both of them. Let's see how it goes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Another game, another tweak by Zeke that puts him out and it seems like Pollard's time...until the warrior Zeke ultimately returns.

With a banged-up Zeke and a short week before Thursday, anyone rolling Pollard out on Thanksgiving?

Very tempted to drop him in at RB2, as my other options are Carter (now hurt), Sanders (RBBC), and Gaskin (every other week guy, now time for him to flop)

Another game, another tweak by Zeke that puts him out and it seems like Pollard's time...until the warrior Zeke ultimately returns.

With a banged-up Zeke and a short week before Thursday, anyone rolling Pollard out on Thanksgiving?

Very tempted to drop him in at RB2, as my other options are Carter (now hurt), Sanders (RBBC), and Gaskin (every other week guy, now time for him to flop)
I'd prefer it if Zeke was out instead of going out there hurt. Then it makes the choice clear. 

I'd prefer it if Zeke was out instead of going out there hurt. Then it makes the choice clear. 
Agreed. Seems too risky with Zeke active because he’ll play hurt. And with Lamb and Cooper both probably out, they’ll need Zeke even more. 

anybody else Flex him this week

:pickle:

started him for the first time all year, and yes, we get 1 point per 25 return yards + bonus point for 100+ return yards

helps make up for Swift

Users who are viewing this thread