What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB/WR Cordarrelle Patterson, PIT (2 Viewers)

One of the best stories in football.

After getting him on waivers last year I should have drafted him appropriately this year but did not.

I wish I could project this guy.

He is going to be such a pain in the neck for defenses and I have no doubt he plays plenty. Will he touch the ball alot- that is probably questionable. Arthur loves matchup problems for defenses and getting them to think too much so I'm thinking there's just no way that a big dude that can play RB and WR and has earned the coach's trust is standing on the sideline often.

Is he lining up wide and blocking on obvious first down runs? That would give us no stats for FF but I could totally imagine that. He's a very good blocker that knows how to use his size against the smaller DBs and...sure that could happen.

Goalline huddle- where's he lining up? Who is covering him?

Arthur likes to call presnap shifts so the QB can see who is moving and matched up with whom. Patterson will definitely show him something. Here's my Madden playing mind thinking if he shifts and a LB is covering him, I'm throwing to him all day. That isn't realistic though.

Their young dynamic trio will get the work, no doubt. I can't imagine him subbing for them unless they need to be shown how to do something the right way by a veteran.

I can't do projections for this guy. I can't imagine he's put out to sea but can't nail down a role for him either

Arthur spoke today a little more of his diverse offense.
Cordarelle has also been in the TE room, Jonnu with the backs.
He said how the huddle will look like one set and yet when they line up it'll be another. I can't say enough how much this offense is going to be a matchup nightmare for defenses this year.

Patterson playing RB, WR and TE now makes him probably the guy that triggers the bad matchups and Ridder's key presnap read.

Which team has two LBs or Safeties that can cover Patterson and Pitts? One is a problem. Once injuries hit DBs, the Falcons are going to get hot as teams can't matchup.

AtlantaFalcons.com's Tori McElhaney believes Cordarrelle Patterson will take on more of a pass-catching role this season.​

"From conversations with both Patterson and [head coach Arthur] Smith throughout minicamp, it would seem both parties want to get back to Patterson's 2021 role now that Smith has Tyler Allgeier and Bijan Robinson at his disposal," McElhaney said. C-Patt in 2021 caught 52 of 69 targets for 548 yards and five touchdowns -- totals that fell off dramatically in 2022 as he took on a larger rushing role in Atlanta's conservative offense. Only five running backs had more targets than Patterson in 2021. It's difficult to pinpoint where the veteran would fit in with Robinson and Allgeier in the backfield, though Patterson could find a fantasy-friendly role if either back missed time in 2023. NFL Network's Eric Edholm believesPatterson could split pass-catching duties with Robinson in 2023.
RELATED:
SOURCE: AtlantaFalcons.com
Jun 23, 2023, 11:41 AM ET

AtlantaFalcons.com's Tori McElhaney believes Cordarrelle Patterson will take on more of a pass-catching role this season.​

"From conversations with both Patterson and [head coach Arthur] Smith throughout minicamp, it would seem both parties want to get back to Patterson's 2021 role now that Smith has Tyler Allgeier and Bijan Robinson at his disposal," McElhaney said. C-Patt in 2021 caught 52 of 69 targets for 548 yards and five touchdowns -- totals that fell off dramatically in 2022 as he took on a larger rushing role in Atlanta's conservative offense. Only five running backs had more targets than Patterson in 2021. It's difficult to pinpoint where the veteran would fit in with Robinson and Allgeier in the backfield, though Patterson could find a fantasy-friendly role if either back missed time in 2023. NFL Network's Eric Edholm believesPatterson could split pass-catching duties with Robinson in 2023.
RELATED:
That's what I'm thinking...I would be surprised to see 50 receptions/50 rushes...or some type of split of that ilk.

But he's scored 11 & 8 TD's the last 2 season.s I suspect those figures will come down with Bijan in tow.

RELATED:
Bijan will have some stuff to learn and he'll be an example. Bijan will whiff on some blitz pickup and be benched for a couple plays. Bijan will need a rest and possibly Patterson will be a more favorable goal line back at times.
He definitely will be more of a pass catcher.

I'd bet $ he's an assistant coach for Arthur some day after he retires. He's absolutely adored for his style and the way the young guys listen to his tutelage is invaluable.

I don't think last year's rookie gets much work this year. Patterson is a much better option as a sub.
I'd pencil him in for whatever a common amount of carries is for a backup, add twenty, then add a few TDs to that.

RELATED:

That’s all well and good but London, Pitts, and Bijan are all going to be the focal points in the (very low ceiling) pass game. Without an injury to Allgeir, doubt he has any value.

Listened to SiriusXM yesterday at Falcons camp.
Algeier not at all the guaranteed Bijan backup, Patterson has subbed in well as he has other years

Falcons coach Arthur Smith said Cordarrelle Patterson will be out for a “couple of weeks” with a soft-tissue injury.

Smith didn’t give any more details on the nature of the injury. He did say that Patterson would likely miss the remainder of the preseason before being re-evaluated ahead of Week 1. It sounds like there is a chance Patterson isn’t ready for the team’s opening game versus the Panthers. His absence could mean slightly more work for Bijan Robinson and Tyler Allgeier in the passing game.

Cordarrelle Patterson (thigh) is expected to be ready for the Falcons’ Week 2 matchup against the Packers.

Patterson was listed on the injury report with a thigh injury throughout the week, but was also a full-participant in each of the team’s three practices. The veteran running back has a good chance of being active against the Packers, but fantasy managers should temper expectations in his return. The Falcons utilized a heavy dose of Bijan Robinson and Tyler Allgeier in Week 1, which could leave little volume left for Patterson.

Brilliant.

In the last two days the NFL has outlawed the hip drop tackle and incentivized kick returns.

Cordarelle is one of the hardest players in the NFL to tackle.

Maybe he can't handle great volume, but a "hey let's give him the ball to get a six yards and a touchdown because nobody can tackle him or return a kick" guy will be great to have.

Even better with Mike Tomlin to say "I'm sorry Arthur, I know you have a brilliant reverse for the third string TE dialed up on 1st and Goal from the 3, but we're going give it to the guy that nobody can tackle"

Users who are viewing this thread