What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB/WR Ty Montgomery, NE (1 Viewer)

He gets in and we have good flex numbers in the first quarter. Dag gone it. The question is would they give him another goal line look?
He looks good as a receiver moving around in various positions--not so good as a running back. That GL carry was tough but a bigger, stronger, more experienced back would have scored I think.

He's open for a lot of easy check downs right now but Rodgers is opting to try deeper, tougher throws. Could change after halftime, they need to simulate a running game with short passes and it's there all day

not good when he gets zero looks in the hurry up.  This play calling sucks.  every play is Ty on a delayed release out of the backfield.  30 f*** passes?  how do they expect to get the linebackers out of position when GB never runs the ball?

not good when he gets zero looks in the hurry up.  This play calling sucks.  every play is Ty on a delayed release out of the backfield.  30 f*** passes?  how do they expect to get the linebackers out of position when GB never runs the ball?
The thing is he's open for an easy 5-7 yards on a ton of those plays, but Rodgers is holding the ball and looking deeper. Dumb when you have no running game and the Bears are giving you small chunks

anyone else toasting a whiskey to their giant balls starting him tonight
I started him over Will Fuller (who I could still swap out for Parker) in a high stakes league where I'm top 8% overall leaderboard.... but it's a long weekend.  A LOT of games to be played, so I'm not toasting ####.

I'm going it pay a King's Ransom to get this guy. Opportunity and talent are colliding, anyone can see what's going on right now...
Best case how long does he have the  backfield until Starks back.....another month? Assume Davis will start seeing some action next week but not significant ?

I bid on him and was gonna start him over nuk but was unfortunately out bid.
This is exactly what I did last night. Got him for $4 (out of $200) as everyone else chased Britt and Wright (each went for $22). Still, 10 minutes before the game, I had an itch to pick up Adams from free agency and start him. I'm hoping I don't regret my decision. A TD tonight would sure go a long way to making me feel better.

Why would you bench him for Starks (assuming he keeps looking good)? Not like he's a scrub they're not committed to, they did spend a 3rd on him.

Best case how long does he have the  backfield until Starks back.....another month? Assume Davis will start seeing some action next week but not significant ?
Why do people assume Stark's return matters? Starks has always been JAG. Even when he's good, he's only competent. Montgomery is doing a Dion Lewis impression and Rodgers keeps going back to him. Talent, opportunity, trust and results. Those things make a star

Why would you bench him for Starks (assuming he keeps looking good)? Not like he's a scrub they're not committed to, they did spend a 3rd on him.
Never heard of the guy before this week.....is he a good enough WR coaches would want him back at that position if Davis decent or no need? Can't be higher than 4th WR.  

Never heard of the guy before this week.....is he a good enough WR coaches would want him back at that position if Davis decent or no need? Can't be higher than 4th WR.  
No, not really. He's more of an athlete, not a very polished WR overall. This role is perfect for him

anyone else toasting a whiskey to their giant balls starting him tonight
Pretty good pickup plug n play spot start, although I posted in several threads why it was actually probably a low risk move (Kniles too new, Jackson too inexperienced, short week, he took over the Cobb/Starks role Sunday.) I put in a healthy sized bid for him.

Picking Adams up as FA, now THAT would have been bold.

But I also multiple times I'd probably drop him in a week. Got that wrong. Might drop Jordan, who I pulled from the lineup at 8:24 & put in Michael Thomas.

Why do people assume Stark's return matters? Starks has always been JAG. Even when he's good, he's only competent. Montgomery is doing a Dion Lewis impression and Rodgers keeps going back to him. Talent, opportunity, trust and results. Those things make a star
I'm no expert but this offense is much more electric with him at tailback than its been with Lacey all season.

I assume McCarthy can see this too.

Users who are viewing this thread