What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RBs to Exploit and Avoid Week 1 (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain said:
bg0546 said:
bg0546 said:
Clifton said:
How is this guy not on staff? Seriously....no shtick. Guy could run his own Fantasy Football site for crying out loud.Keep it up, pal. Big fan. Your RB threads are mandatory reading for anyone who wants to rise to Hawk status.
Maybe because he doesn't know the difference between the words compliment and complement? And, he seems to have a problem with people who like Tuna sandwiches.
Lets not do this here.
Did you read his post about RB's? Don't you think tha t someone posting their opinions should understand the difference between the words "compliment" and "complement"? Seems significant to me.
Sorry you feel that way bg, feel free to link to some of the threads you have started and discussed, I'm always trying to learn. If my writing isn't up to your standards then so be it, your loss.
Dont waste your time repsponding to D-baggery. Keep up the great work though!!! :goodposting:

The season has officially started! :thumbup: One complaint, because you asked-I am getting tired of everyone's minimalistic opinion of Ryan Grant. A "plodder", "not explosive" etc etc...all factors contribute to a player's execution and when you combine those factors he ranks higher than most of the league. I would love him on my Patriots and I will start him until someone on my bench gains cumulative factor points!Please carry on with this great thread...
I definitely am not a Grant hater but until he he shows a little more explosiveness in an explosive offense which he might this year, I feel I need to be realistic about him and he typically pops in the 15-25 range which is a solid RB2 option for most. He doesn't lose ball games and he rarely wins them. He did finish strong last year and maybe that will continue. Imagine Best on the Packers
I can imagine Best on the Packers but explosiveness is not everything. Willie Parker and Mike Bennett were explosive too. Best may be a 10 in explosiveness but a 2 in durability and a 3 in tackle breaking, where Grant could have 5s across the board if you catch my drift... I do believe that this year they will try and protect Rodgers more by convincing him not to run as much, ala Mcnabby circa a few years ago. If Grant's tds move up to 12 everyone will talk about his "workmanlike" approach.Good stuff MoP!

Nothing means the season has started more than a Week 1 MOP "RB to Exploit/Avoid" thread -- kudos on continuing an incredible value-add to the forum. The work and dedication is very appreciated.

I hear what you are saying about JAX D traditionally being stronger at home -- stats do bear that out. I wouldn't put money on it, but Week 1 creates some weirdness. Jacskonville has not convinced me that the changes on D have enabled them to put consistent pressure on the QB, and their LB corps played uninspiringly in preseason.

I think Denver might surprise them on the ground in game 1 -- all depending on if Moreno and Buckhalter are well enough to rumble.

I don't see it as a terrible matchup, more of a neutral one -- with potential surprising results.

Nothing means the season has started more than a Week 1 MOP "RB to Exploit/Avoid" thread -- kudos on continuing an incredible value-add to the forum. The work and dedication is very appreciated. I hear what you are saying about JAX D traditionally being stronger at home -- stats do bear that out. I wouldn't put money on it, but Week 1 creates some weirdness. Jacskonville has not convinced me that the changes on D have enabled them to put consistent pressure on the QB, and their LB corps played uninspiringly in preseason. I think Denver might surprise them on the ground in game 1 -- all depending on if Moreno and Buckhalter are well enough to rumble.I don't see it as a terrible matchup, more of a neutral one -- with potential surprising results.
Thanks for posting Tom. I see Denver's passing game doing some damage. Jabar Gaffney could have a really nice day for the Broncos as could Kyle Orton.

Hey MOP -- Any adjustments to your thoughts based on the recent departure of Jones from SEA the addition of Andre Brown in DEN? I persoanlly have a "wait and see" attitude with both, but just thought I would throw it out there for your take... Thx,

Diamond One said:
Hey MOP -- Any adjustments to your thoughts based on the recent departure of Jones from SEA the addition of Andre Brown in DEN? I persoanlly have a "wait and see" attitude with both, but just thought I would throw it out there for your take... Thx,
If and when Moreno is healthy he is the starter with Buckhalter sprinkled in some. I like Brown from what I remember of him, and he's looked good in the preseason after missing all of last year. Brown could be the RB2, possibly the 1st sting RB when Moreno is nursing injuries. Jones getting cut in Seattle doesn't mean much to me. They will have a hard time scoring a lot of points most weeks.

Great post MOP. This is my 1st year in the shark pool and on FBGs, and it is analysis like this that makes this site great.I'm on the fence between Jonathan Stewart and Marion Barber as my RB2 in a standard scoring non-ppr league for week one.Stewart - I see that you are thinking he won't see many carries this week because he hasn't been practicing or playing this preseason. I see risk with him because of this and the fact that the Giants should be able to stack the box and press the Panthers to beat them through the air. However, the Giants did rank near the bottom third in fantasy PPG allowed to RBs last season (20th), and I would not be surprised to see Stewart get 10 to 15 carries. He did not practice for a majority of last season, and Fox still gave him carries. I also recall reading a piece where Stewart said his achilles feels better than it has in years (can't find the link).Barber - I agree that he has upside this week against the Skins. This game could be a blowout with the Cowboys controlling the clock with the run game for much of the 2nd half. The red zone carries should be there for him as well. However, the Cowboys preseason O-line performance leaves much to be desired, and I want to take a wait and see approach before starting one of their RBs. The Redskins did rank 10th in fantasy PPG allowed to RBs last season, but I see that you comment on their poor front seven. I have not been following thier defense this offseason. Have they dropped off that badly?
Taking a wait n see approach with Stewart makes sense since he hasn't seen any action. Even if he was 100%, Barber might be the better play anyhow in week 1. With Al the Cancer Haynesworth acting like a 2 year old, the DL is going to suffer. No brainer IMHO.

MOP great thread! I always look forward to reading each week. Thanks for taking the time to do it. I am going to have to flip a coin this week on my number 2 RB (Pierre Thomas or A. Bradshaw) The Vikings defense is very good and the Saints spread the ball around a ton. While I am a big Giants fan I am not sure how Bradshaw and Jacobs are going to be used just yet.

Great job as usual, MoP. Don't always agree but it is nice to get a reliable second opinion each week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Harris and most likely Clady will both be out for the Broncos (which explains their dropping of Atkins for a OT leaving them just 3 OLBs on the roster). As such you should lower your expectations for Moreno and all Broncos.

i think we see a heavy dose of A. Bradshaw this week. how do you think that split is going to look MoP? it seems like bradshaw is doing and saying all the right things and is noticably the more explosive player while jacobs has been complaining to the media and underperforming. I know not many NFL higherups are keen to a player publically badmouthing the franchise. im sure he winds up hawking a couple td's near the goalline, but he could do some damage early in the season.

CJ Spiller is listed as the starting RB on the Bills depth chart for anyone that was wondering. I have a feeling he is going to be the focal point of the offense week 1. With FJax not at 100%, Spiller should reach 20 touches, no problem

Spiller is also listed as the #1 kick returner for any of you with leagues that award points for special team's TDs. He was explosive, to say the least, at Clemson returning kicks

Miami has an awfully young and inexperienced front 7... Will the be able to contain Spiller all game?? That is the great thing about a player like CJ- all it takes is one touch and he can put up a game's worth of production.

Greetings Shark Pool,I want to welcome anyone who is new and enjoying the boards for the first time this year. This thread was started many moons ago and has progressed a little bit with each passing season.
I don't know why but I visualize MOP in a smoking jacket with a pipe when reading this greeting.Great job as always :cry: -QG

Great thread each week/season MOP - thanks! :kicksrock: Are your game score predictions mostly in line with current Vegas lines?Just curious, the NO/Minn score above surprised me.
It was when I started writing this. It might have moved a little bit. I think anything under 7 I would take the Saints. How is Minnesota going to get it together before week 1? Favre has not looked good at all in the preseason IMO. While NO has still got their SB win on the brains, Brew Brees is the pinnacle of what a professional athlete should do and I can't imagine he will show up unprepared or have his guys unprepared for the season opener. It could get ugly.
Don't sell the Vikes short. They went into NO's house for the title game last year and dominated, moving the ball at will. If ever there was an example of a team losing a game, rather than a team winning the game, it was that game.No Rice is a big problem, but I still don't see the Saints running away with this one.
While the part about the Vikes dominating the NFCCG is way off base, I would agree that you should not sell them short. The Vikes are probably having issues on offense, but that team is their defensive line and the front 4 has no issues. Brees easily played his worst game in the NFCCG largely due to pressure from both the pressure cooker that was that game and the Vikes ability to generate pressure. The Vikings offense was constantly battling 3rd and long situations all game, so I wasn't impressed with their offense. However, Brett Farve played incredibly in those situations and I don't see any reason why he'd be a much different player for this game. The major elements that made Minnesota a very good team in the NFCCG are relatively unchanged, so I'd expect a close, and probably lower scoring game in round 2.

Thanks MOP...I seldom post but have been around for years, I always look forward to these type of posts you present. I do think you are selling M.Turner a touch short...but not enough to quibble about, I think he actually starts catching a couple of passes per game.

Great Job and Thanks.

You mention a Beanie Wells injury?"heck the IR because he might have suffered something in the past week. Early prognosis was nothing serious but THT is always under the radar and this week he might end up scoring more points as a nice check down for Anderson. "I totally missed that. Link?ETA: You mention Hillis never getting over 65 carries at Arkansas...wasn't he behind Felix Jones and Darren McFadden, both now the #1 options for their teams? I could be wrong, but I have a feeling they're all the same age. Not something I would hold against him if that's the case indeed.
I watched a few Arkansas games that year and Hillis actually was a starter, but at FB. He got more catches and carries than the average FB does, but he still spent most of his time blocking.Playing style wise, he reminds me a lot of Brian Leonard on the Bengals. He is also one of the very, very rare guys who transitioned from college FB (blocking for Ray Rice) to NFL RB. I haven't seen much of the Browns this preseason so I don't know exactly how Hillis is being used, but I'm not sure I buy into him as a #1 RB ever. He's just not that explosive. If a fantasy relevant RB is going to come out of Cleveland, I think it has to be Harrison. However, there's a chance that none of them are fantasy relevant as I could definitely see a scenario where the Browns mix in Cribbs and Hillis enough and in situations (goalline, 3rd down) that make Harrison unstartable.

I have a question for all of you. Did I jump the gun greenlighting Jerome Harrison? I ask because a couple of folks have approached me about it and also a couple of posts were centered around him. I think he has a good match up but maybe I am overlooking Hillis too quickly. DO we see more of a split between the 2 of them?

Second thing I wanted to discuss was McFadden. I also dismissed him quickly and he is going to get a shot to be the lead RB this week.

Or do we think Harrison and McFadden simply should not be the lead RB on most redraft teams? Dynasty could be a lot different.

Great job as usual MOP.

I'm having a hard time with my RBs week 1. I've got D.Williams, Best and Forte. I'm having trouble deciding between Best and Forte as my #2 and they are playing each other to boot.

Right now I think I'm going to go with upside and go with Best. I'll probably change a few times before this weekend.

Miggaletoe said:
Long time lurker and I finally felt guilty enough to sign up to say thanksSo thanks OP.
That's awesome, I always am wondering when I look at the bottom and there are 27 people reading but only 15 with actual log ins. It's those other 12 that I always wonder about. Welcome aboard Migg.

Great job as usual MOP. I'm having a hard time with my RBs week 1. I've got D.Williams, Best and Forte. I'm having trouble deciding between Best and Forte as my #2 and they are playing each other to boot.Right now I think I'm going to go with upside and go with Best. I'll probably change a few times before this weekend.
Best early in the year until we see what the Martz offense can do. Forte later in the year when (if) Best hits a rookie wall.

Great job as usual MOP. I'm having a hard time with my RBs week 1. I've got D.Williams, Best and Forte. I'm having trouble deciding between Best and Forte as my #2 and they are playing each other to boot.Right now I think I'm going to go with upside and go with Best. I'll probably change a few times before this weekend.
Best early in the year until we see what the Martz offense can do. Forte later in the year when (if) Best hits a rookie wall.
I would agree SVBD

Yenrub said:
MOP great thread! I always look forward to reading each week. Thanks for taking the time to do it. I am going to have to flip a coin this week on my number 2 RB (Pierre Thomas or A. Bradshaw) The Vikings defense is very good and the Saints spread the ball around a ton. While I am a big Giants fan I am not sure how Bradshaw and Jacobs are going to be used just yet.
That's a tough one. Thomas is facing the Vikes defense and I feel like that could be a tough match up. They got their LB Henderson back so that could explain at least some of the reason Thomas had success last year in the NFC Championship but I also feel like New Orleans should handle the Vikes who have looked like dog (expletive) in the preseason and have been running WRs thru their facilities left and right out of desperation the last 2 weeks. Bradshaw is supposed to see a lot of action and has looked possessed at times in the preseason. He always worries me though and I see him as more of a 10-15 carry guy who should get more work OTB on screens but seems underutilized there. Bradhsaw has pretty good hands and caught something like 50 balls his senior year coming out of Hofstra, would like ot see him get 2-3 screen plays a game. Maybe both of them do well enough in the 1st week that it won't matter who you pick. Week 1 is always difficult until we see how they are used with real bullets flying.

I have a question for all of you. Did I jump the gun greenlighting Jerome Harrison? I ask because a couple of folks have approached me about it and also a couple of posts were centered around him. I think he has a good match up but maybe I am overlooking Hillis too quickly. DO we see more of a split between the 2 of them?

Second thing I wanted to discuss was McFadden. I also dismissed him quickly and he is going to get a shot to be the lead RB this week.

Or do we think Harrison and McFadden simply should not be the lead RB on most redraft teams? Dynasty could be a lot different.
With respect to Harrison, I don't think so. Mangini had a quote that basically said that Harrison had better be ready because he's going to get the ball, a lot. He got it a lot last year and was successful and now the situation seems to be setting up the same way. I think there are more options with Hillis in the mix this year but I don't think there is anything substantive to indicate that it will be a split other than opinions on these boards. Also, the matchup against the Bucs is a good one regardless.

Yes. That's what was sitting in the back of my head as well. Good to hear it echoed (twice).

Sitting on 3 RB's with the need to start 2. Choices are: Joseph Addai, Jerome Harrison, Ahmad Bradshaw (.5 ppr scoring)

Addai: Last year against the Texans posted 14/63/TD, 5/49/TD (first game); 15/69, 3/13 (2nd game)...in fact, in each of the last 3 years he's had one game each year where he's scored 2 TD's against the Texans. Colts offense should move the ball and he should get the goal-line carries (assuming there are some). Not to give away subscriber content, but of my 3 choices he's ranked the lowest. My instinct tells me to start him as he has the best odds of a TD and putting up 100 total yards.

Harrison: Mangini said Harrison better be ready to handle a full load, which is obviously what you want to hear about one of your running backs. Cleveland starts out on the road at Tampa Bay, which made some improvements to the defense but really unknown at this point.

Bradshaw: I love his potential, especially as a starter. Went hard after him in any draft I did, and his preseason work has me wanting to plug him in right away. Carolina has a pretty stout run d, but this is the Giants home opener and I'm thinking (as has been mentioned) that the Giants rededicate themselves to pounding the rock. I'm anticipating at least a 2:1 split with Jacobs, maybe 18 carries for Bradshaw and 8-10 for Jacobs. Sprinkle in 2-3 catches and I think Bradshaw has a shot for a real solid day.

My lean right now is to roll with Addai and Bradshaw, and see what Harrison does from the comfort of my bench. Both Bradshaw and Harrison might not see goal-line action (thanks to Jacobs and Hillis), but given that TD's are tough to predict I think Bradshaw is the safer choice for yardage. Anything to add MOP? Love the thread and your dedication.

I have a question for all of you. Did I jump the gun greenlighting Jerome Harrison?
Absolutely not. Footballguys has been way underestimating him all offseason, and with Hardesty now gone for the year, he's as good a play as anyone. Compound that with the fact that Mangini just said (over the weekend?) that Harrison had better be ready, because he is getting the work, and that the Browns offensive line is deceptively good, and this is a no-brainer to me.

Peyton Hillis in my opinion could have #1 RB value this year. I did watch some of the Browns games this pre-season and they used him A LOT. I could see him being a Lendale White TD vulture scoring machine ala 2008, only he will also be used a lot in the passing game as he has great hands. I could see him scoring 12 TD's pretty easily this year.

bengalbuck said:
You mention a Beanie Wells injury?"heck the IR because he might have suffered something in the past week. Early prognosis was nothing serious but THT is always under the radar and this week he might end up scoring more points as a nice check down for Anderson. "I totally missed that. Link?ETA: You mention Hillis never getting over 65 carries at Arkansas...wasn't he behind Felix Jones and Darren McFadden, both now the #1 options for their teams? I could be wrong, but I have a feeling they're all the same age. Not something I would hold against him if that's the case indeed.
I watched a few Arkansas games that year and Hillis actually was a starter, but at FB. He got more catches and carries than the average FB does, but he still spent most of his time blocking.Playing style wise, he reminds me a lot of Brian Leonard on the Bengals. He is also one of the very, very rare guys who transitioned from college FB (blocking for Ray Rice) to NFL RB. I haven't seen much of the Browns this preseason so I don't know exactly how Hillis is being used, but I'm not sure I buy into him as a #1 RB ever. He's just not that explosive. If a fantasy relevant RB is going to come out of Cleveland, I think it has to be Harrison. However, there's a chance that none of them are fantasy relevant as I could definitely see a scenario where the Browns mix in Cribbs and Hillis enough and in situations (goalline, 3rd down) that make Harrison unstartable.

Peyton Hillis in my opinion could have #1 RB value this year. I did watch some of the Browns games this pre-season and they used him A LOT. I could see him being a Lendale White TD vulture scoring machine ala 2008, only he will also be used a lot in the passing game as he has great hands. I could see him scoring 12 TD's pretty easily this year.
I'm not saying Hillis won't be a TD vulture, but the Browns have scored 12 rushing TDs in a season as a team just once since returning to Cleveland in '99 (they had 13 in '07). I believe the Browns are an improved team, but not so much that one of their RBs will have a dozen TDs.

smapdi said:
CJ Spiller is listed as the starting RB on the Bills depth chart for anyone that was wondering. I have a feeling he is going to be the focal point of the offense week 1. With FJax not at 100%, Spiller should reach 20 touches, no problemSpiller is also listed as the #1 kick returner for any of you with leagues that award points for special team's TDs. He was explosive, to say the least, at Clemson returning kicksMiami has an awfully young and inexperienced front 7... Will the be able to contain Spiller all game?? That is the great thing about a player like CJ- all it takes is one touch and he can put up a game's worth of production.
Yeah, I have to choose two from Best, Spiller, Harrison and MB3. I would love to hear any/all info on the BUF backfield right now. I have Best and Spiller in now, but that could change to Best/Harrison if Fred Jackson is going to eat too many carries.

I have to choose between Ryan Grant, Cedric Benson, and C.J. Spiller this week. Like the guy above, the worry with me on Spiller is how many touches he'll get compared to Grant and Benson (and honestly, both of them should see 20+ carries). Given the same number of carries, I think Spiller outperforms Grant. I drafted Grant and Benson first, so I'll probably roll with them, but Spiller is looking more and more tempting.

I have to choose between Ryan Grant, Cedric Benson, and C.J. Spiller this week. Like the guy above, the worry with me on Spiller is how many touches he'll get compared to Grant and Benson (and honestly, both of them should see 20+ carries). Given the same number of carries, I think Spiller outperforms Grant. I drafted Grant and Benson first, so I'll probably roll with them, but Spiller is looking more and more tempting.
This is the classic risk v reward. Spiller hasn't had an NFL carry- and who knows how the Bills will use him under 'live fire'. I'd be concerned they limit Spiller's touches to ease him in. What if he fumbles the first series? Who knows. I'd wait a week and see how things pan out, meanwhile Grant should be dependable. Look at it this way, you aren't betting on Grant so much as the Packers offense. Spiller, on the other hand, really is going to have to be able to do it himself.

I have a question for all of you. Did I jump the gun greenlighting Jerome Harrison?
Absolutely not. Footballguys has been way underestimating him all offseason, and with Hardesty now gone for the year, he's as good a play as anyone. Compound that with the fact that Mangini just said (over the weekend?) that Harrison had better be ready, because he is getting the work, and that the Browns offensive line is deceptively good, and this is a no-brainer to me.
Thank you :confused:

Sitting on 3 RB's with the need to start 2. Choices are: Joseph Addai, Jerome Harrison, Ahmad Bradshaw (.5 ppr scoring)Addai: Last year against the Texans posted 14/63/TD, 5/49/TD (first game); 15/69, 3/13 (2nd game)...in fact, in each of the last 3 years he's had one game each year where he's scored 2 TD's against the Texans. Colts offense should move the ball and he should get the goal-line carries (assuming there are some). Not to give away subscriber content, but of my 3 choices he's ranked the lowest. My instinct tells me to start him as he has the best odds of a TD and putting up 100 total yards.Harrison: Mangini said Harrison better be ready to handle a full load, which is obviously what you want to hear about one of your running backs. Cleveland starts out on the road at Tampa Bay, which made some improvements to the defense but really unknown at this point. Bradshaw: I love his potential, especially as a starter. Went hard after him in any draft I did, and his preseason work has me wanting to plug him in right away. Carolina has a pretty stout run d, but this is the Giants home opener and I'm thinking (as has been mentioned) that the Giants rededicate themselves to pounding the rock. I'm anticipating at least a 2:1 split with Jacobs, maybe 18 carries for Bradshaw and 8-10 for Jacobs. Sprinkle in 2-3 catches and I think Bradshaw has a shot for a real solid day. My lean right now is to roll with Addai and Bradshaw, and see what Harrison does from the comfort of my bench. Both Bradshaw and Harrison might not see goal-line action (thanks to Jacobs and Hillis), but given that TD's are tough to predict I think Bradshaw is the safer choice for yardage. Anything to add MOP? Love the thread and your dedication.
1st of all, this is a great way to talk about your team but not make it a WDIS post. I like the thinking process and if you are comfortable with Bradshaw than you might as roll that way. I have a feeling you will be flipping a coin many weeks between Harrison and Bradshaw, but it's not a bad problem to have. You must have loaded up at WR if this is a redraft league

different.
Hope not, but I will wait a week to find out. I'll be rolling with Charles and Addai this week and leaving Jerome on the bench. Hillis did get a lot of short yardage carries in the pre-season, and we'll have a better handle on things in week 2.

Sitting on 3 RB's with the need to start 2. Choices are: Joseph Addai, Jerome Harrison, Ahmad Bradshaw (.5 ppr scoring)Addai: Last year against the Texans posted 14/63/TD, 5/49/TD (first game); 15/69, 3/13 (2nd game)...in fact, in each of the last 3 years he's had one game each year where he's scored 2 TD's against the Texans. Colts offense should move the ball and he should get the goal-line carries (assuming there are some). Not to give away subscriber content, but of my 3 choices he's ranked the lowest. My instinct tells me to start him as he has the best odds of a TD and putting up 100 total yards.Harrison: Mangini said Harrison better be ready to handle a full load, which is obviously what you want to hear about one of your running backs. Cleveland starts out on the road at Tampa Bay, which made some improvements to the defense but really unknown at this point. Bradshaw: I love his potential, especially as a starter. Went hard after him in any draft I did, and his preseason work has me wanting to plug him in right away. Carolina has a pretty stout run d, but this is the Giants home opener and I'm thinking (as has been mentioned) that the Giants rededicate themselves to pounding the rock. I'm anticipating at least a 2:1 split with Jacobs, maybe 18 carries for Bradshaw and 8-10 for Jacobs. Sprinkle in 2-3 catches and I think Bradshaw has a shot for a real solid day. My lean right now is to roll with Addai and Bradshaw, and see what Harrison does from the comfort of my bench. Both Bradshaw and Harrison might not see goal-line action (thanks to Jacobs and Hillis), but given that TD's are tough to predict I think Bradshaw is the safer choice for yardage. Anything to add MOP? Love the thread and your dedication.
1st of all, this is a great way to talk about your team but not make it a WDIS post. I like the thinking process and if you are comfortable with Bradshaw than you might as roll that way. I have a feeling you will be flipping a coin many weeks between Harrison and Bradshaw, but it's not a bad problem to have. You must have loaded up at WR if this is a redraft league
It's an auction league and we can start a TE in the flex (1 ppr), so I ended up going stud TE in what should amount to solid production everywhere else, with some depth...Usual Starting Lineup:Schaub - Addai - Bradshaw - Jennings - Welker - SMoss - Gates - Finley - Crosby - Jets DBench: Jerome Harrison, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower, Mike Williams (TB) Devin Hester, Kenny BrittI agree with you regarding Harrison and Bradshaw and the coin flip, but it will be nice to play the matchups, especially when Harrison runs into the Ravens/Steelers, etc.

QuizGuy66 said:
Greetings Shark Pool,I want to welcome anyone who is new and enjoying the boards for the first time this year. This thread was started many moons ago and has progressed a little bit with each passing season.
I don't know why but I visualize MOP in a smoking jacket with a pipe when reading this greeting.
Oh, hello sharks

What's the latest opinion on avoiding or exploiting Beanie Wells? He still appears to be semi-injured with a chance of playing Sunday, but Hightower's stock in redrafts is rising by the day.

Good matchup at St. Louis, but I'm starting to regret drafting Wells in a few leagues thinking he will go crazy against the Rams.

Notwithstanding Isaac Redman's promotion to "short yardage back" I will take:

Rashard Mendenhall and Shonn Greene

over

Ryan Matthews and Cedric Benson

in Week 1.

Idiot Boxer said:
Notwithstanding Isaac Redman's promotion to "short yardage back" I will take:

Rashard Mendenhall and Shonn Greene

over

Ryan Matthews and Cedric Benson

in Week 1.
Matthews vs the Chiefs and Benson against a NE defense that has lost a couple DLinemen in the last few weeks...I'd rethink that. Mendy and Greene have far tougher matches and don't have the passing game behind them to make it any easier. Ngata, Gregg, and Cody on the DLine for Baltimore with Ray Lewis running wild...fun fun fun for Greene owners week 1. :confused:

Yes MOP, you made a good observation in this reply, when you surmised that this poster, like many of us, loaded up at WR early (and also possibly grabbed a stud TE and QB), and then loaded up at RB in the mid-rounds, due to the perceived "depth" at RB. Gonna be a year of coin flipping for a lot of us, so please keep the good insight coming, and pray for us!In my main league, I kept Ray Rice, but waited pretty late on my 2nd/3rd/4th RB while scooping up studs at other positions. Unfortunately, outside of me and one other owner, everyone else was drafting like it was 2000, not 2010, and grabbing 2-3 RB's before even taking a casual glance at the availalbe WR's in the draft. So I am left with the Cowboys duo of Jones/Barber (am rolling with Barber as my RB2 till further notice), Reggie Bush (am liking him more and more with the talk of his increased role in that high-powered offense), and the injured Michael Bush to roll out as my #2RB each week. I am counting Michael Bush to establish himself as my solid "no brainer" #2RB once his hand is healed up. I just saw a bit of information, in another post somewhere perhaps, that when M. Bush has gotten at least 15 carries, he has averaged something like an astonishing 158yds/game..wake up my big sleeper, wake up!! For all of those holding out hope that McFadden will be anything more that a #3 or #4 fantasy RB, I would say hope that he puts up a couple big games while Bush is limited/out, and trade him at his max value, if any ever appears, before Bush comes back full force.Good luck in week one all, especially for those of you, like me, who are in "coin-flip" situations at RB.

MOP,

Another long time lurker here, your posts have helped me make it rain in all my leagues over the yrs and I can't see this yr being any different! Thanks for a great post.

Thx again,

rain man

What's the latest opinion on avoiding or exploiting Beanie Wells? He still appears to be semi-injured with a chance of playing Sunday, but Hightower's stock in redrafts is rising by the day.

Good matchup at St. Louis, but I'm starting to regret drafting Wells in a few leagues thinking he will go crazy against the Rams.
Sleeper of the week and has made a pretty high mark for Dodd's weekly projections. We can't post subscriber content but Dodd's seemed to make a point to list him where owners will take notice...not super high but in a 12 team league certainly folks feel he should be on the starting roster for owners.

Yes MOP, you made a good observation in this reply, when you surmised that this poster, like many of us, loaded up at WR early (and also possibly grabbed a stud TE and QB), and then loaded up at RB in the mid-rounds, due to the perceived "depth" at RB. Gonna be a year of coin flipping for a lot of us, so please keep the good insight coming, and pray for us!In my main league, I kept Ray Rice, but waited pretty late on my 2nd/3rd/4th RB while scooping up studs at other positions. Unfortunately, outside of me and one other owner, everyone else was drafting like it was 2000, not 2010, and grabbing 2-3 RB's before even taking a casual glance at the availalbe WR's in the draft. So I am left with the Cowboys duo of Jones/Barber (am rolling with Barber as my RB2 till further notice), Reggie Bush (am liking him more and more with the talk of his increased role in that high-powered offense), and the injured Michael Bush to roll out as my #2RB each week. I am counting Michael Bush to establish himself as my solid "no brainer" #2RB once his hand is healed up. I just saw a bit of information, in another post somewhere perhaps, that when M. Bush has gotten at least 15 carries, he has averaged something like an astonishing 158yds/game..wake up my big sleeper, wake up!! For all of those holding out hope that McFadden will be anything more that a #3 or #4 fantasy RB, I would say hope that he puts up a couple big games while Bush is limited/out, and trade him at his max value, if any ever appears, before Bush comes back full force.Good luck in week one all, especially for those of you, like me, who are in "coin-flip" situations at RB.
So you'll go Barber and Bush I assume

Users who are viewing this thread