What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RBs to Exploit and Avoid Week 1 (1 Viewer)

Great Work MOP,Who do you like for week 1: Jahvid Best or Marion Barber???
Hi Fitz,Can you share what you feel the upside is of both? One has no competition right now for touches IMO, and the other will be splitting time until the coaching staff shows otherwise, yes/no? I bet Best is on 85%+ of starting rosters for guys that drafted him maybe higher. And I am bettign the majority of the SP would vote him over Barber this week. That said I don't think Barber is a terrible play.

Great stuff MOP. always a first read when coming to the shark pool.

I'm trying to decide what to do with my flex. I generally like to run 3rb so even though I have some great options at WR I'm looking to put an rb in there.

Choices:

Jstew: Most talented of all the possibilities but I dont see him getting a ton of touches week 1. He tore up the g-men last year but that was at the end of the season and if I remember correctly, the giants are a whole lot healthier now and have picked up some young talent to help them. Williams is in and I think the giants are gonna pass a ton, might be a high scoring game which might keep williams in a bit more than usual due to his receiving skills.

Foster: Liked what I've seen in limited action and it seems they dont have anyone else this week with slaton a bit banged up still and ward just brought in. I think this is a huge game for the texans and they'll be amped up. Even if it becomes a shootout, Arian should get the rock when theyre in close no? Especially with Daniels still a little gimpy and the colts doubling Andre. Statement game for Houston and I dont think they ever take their foot off the gas.

Spiller: I really like him against a young dolphins D. Still gotta wait and see exactly whats going to happen with fjax but I think spiller can exploit the edge in this one.

Best: I think he could light it up against what I see as an overall poor Bears D but I dont like the idea of starting three lions (Stafford, Calvin, Best). Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Great stuff MOP. always a first read when coming to the shark pool. I'm trying to decide what to do with my flex. I generally like to run 3rb so even though I have some great options at WR I'm looking to put an rb in there. Choices:Jstew: Most talented of all the possibilities but I dont see him getting a ton of touches week 1. He tore up the g-men last year but that was at the end of the season and if I remember correctly, the giants are a whole lot healthier now and have picked up some young talent to help them. Williams is in and I think the giants are gonna pass a ton, might be a high scoring game which might keep williams in a bit more than usual due to his receiving skills. Foster: Liked what I've seen in limited action and it seems they dont have anyone else this week with slaton a bit banged up still and ward just brought in. I think this is a huge game for the texans and they'll be amped up. Even if it becomes a shootout, Arian should get the rock when theyre in close no? Especially with Daniels still a little gimpy and the colts doubling Andre. Statement game for Houston and I dont think they ever take their foot off the gas. Spiller: I really like him against a young dolphins D. Still gotta wait and see exactly whats going to happen with fjax but I think spiller can exploit the edge in this one.Best: I think he could light it up against what I see as an overall poor Bears D but I dont like the idea of starting three lions (Stafford, Calvin, Best). Any thoughts would be most appreciated.
FosterBestCJ SpillerJStew

Outstanding thread MOP! :shock:

I really do not expect a lot of work out of the Saints backfield, because the Vikes have 3 healthy CBs at this time.(Antoine Winfield, Lito Sheppard, and Asher Allen) Ced Griffin has returned to practice, but it's still unclear if he'll be conditioned enough to play and if so in what role. I just don't see it. Rookie Marcus Sherels out of the U of M has a better chance at being promoted from the practice squad for the week. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Saints attempt at least 50 passes.

Here's a good story and video from the Star Tribune on the subject: "Vikings corners see math problem.

MOP - just curious what your take is on the ranking that FBG has for week one for Shonn Greene. They have him ranked #7! Is it possible or is it crazy-talk?

How would you rank Cadillac, MBIII, and Reggie Bush in a non-ppr league.

I think Cadillac and MBIII simply because of matchups.

Cedric Benson: Early last..... I would likely roll with Benson week 1 as he seems safe to get about 20+ touches in this game unless things go hideously wrong for Cinci and they regress into a David Shula squad.
As a Pats homer, I hate to say this, but I can't see Benson having a bad day. Pats fans are really excited/scared to see what the Pats have defensively this year. After Seymour was traded last season, I don't think there was enough talk about how soft that front D-line became. Ty Warren is out for the year, and G Warren is not a run stopper, so you're left with Wilfork and Wright on the line. Is anyone scared of that D Line? Then the LB corps will be frightening, at least to someone, maybe me. Mayo(soph), Spikes(rook, sleeper for tackles if you're IDP), Murrell(who I guess is Adrian's brother), and Banta-Cain(stepped up last year, but someone had to). Then it gets scary, good or bad, not sure.. Darius Butler(1 yr exp, Go Uconn!), D Mccorty(0), Merriweather(3, but not all starting), and Chung(1) in the secondary. So you see, we have very little to go on except the fact that we know that it is a very inexperienced defense. ( Very Belichekian, eh?)What this means for Benson Week 1... Cincy should be able move the ball and if all is well, they'll give it to Cedric often. What Benson owners need to worry about is what if......... Spikes is the real deal(not like on youtube), and Chung lines up in the box like he's been doing pre-season, and Mccorty is the next DRevis, and Wilfork still weighs 350 lbs, and Mayo was not a fluke, and Merriweather suddenly "gets it", yadda yadda... But that's a lot of "ifs". Sorry if this sounds more like a Pats D post, but Benson is going to set the bar for all running backs going up vs the Pats this season, and it would be wise to see how this shakes out. I'm just hoping this D gels fast, if Benson has a bad/mediocre day, you either have to credit the defense, or the knock's on Benson. I am not sold on the Palmer/85/TO trio, which could bode well for Bensons touches as well.TWA

Cedric Benson: Early last..... I would likely roll with Benson week 1 as he seems safe to get about 20+ touches in this game unless things go hideously wrong for Cinci and they regress into a David Shula squad.
As a Pats homer, I hate to say this, but I can't see Benson having a bad day. Pats fans are really excited/scared to see what the Pats have defensively this year. After Seymour was traded last season, I don't think there was enough talk about how soft that front D-line became. Ty Warren is out for the year, and G Warren is not a run stopper, so you're left with Wilfork and Wright on the line. Is anyone scared of that D Line? Then the LB corps will be frightening, at least to someone, maybe me. Mayo(soph), Spikes(rook, sleeper for tackles if you're IDP), Murrell(who I guess is Adrian's brother), and Banta-Cain(stepped up last year, but someone had to). Then it gets scary, good or bad, not sure.. Darius Butler(1 yr exp, Go Uconn!), D Mccorty(0), Merriweather(3, but not all starting), and Chung(1) in the secondary. So you see, we have very little to go on except the fact that we know that it is a very inexperienced defense. ( Very Belichekian, eh?)What this means for Benson Week 1... Cincy should be able move the ball and if all is well, they'll give it to Cedric often. What Benson owners need to worry about is what if......... Spikes is the real deal(not like on youtube), and Chung lines up in the box like he's been doing pre-season, and Mccorty is the next DRevis, and Wilfork still weighs 350 lbs, and Mayo was not a fluke, and Merriweather suddenly "gets it", yadda yadda... But that's a lot of "ifs". Sorry if this sounds more like a Pats D post, but Benson is going to set the bar for all running backs going up vs the Pats this season, and it would be wise to see how this shakes out. I'm just hoping this D gels fast, if Benson has a bad/mediocre day, you either have to credit the defense, or the knock's on Benson. I am not sold on the Palmer/85/TO trio, which could bode well for Bensons touches as well.TWA
Outstanding!

I'm in a couple of leagues and have differing problems in each. I'm just going to focus on one here though with my thoughts and what I will probably do.

10team auction league. Must start 3 RB's, no option for flex.

ADP will definately be my RB1. This really doesn't need discussion. Got Matthews as my 2 and again I don't think this is up for debate. I'm left at RB3 choosing between Knowshon Moreno, Arian Foster and Cadillac Williams.

I spent the most on Moreno and when healthy would expect the most production from him, I think he's going to be a workhorse but that lingering hamstring injury really bothers me. In another situation I may be forced to start him but here I think I have the luxury of waiting and seeing.

My initial first thought was Moreno OUT Foster IN. Was able to pick up Foster v.cheap in this auction which surprised considering how fast his stock is rising. I think he'll be good this week (I worry long term about Kubiak pulling him, don't think this is as much of an issue while Slaton is out). Foster is a good fit in the system and the Colts aren't known for their amazing D. I see the potential for 90-100yrds and a TD here.

My final option is to roll with Caddy against the Browns (I consider this to be a pretty nice matchup). I'm not as comfortable with the TB offense as I am with Houston and that's what leaning me towards Foster. If I'm making a mistake let me know.

In summary I think all 3 guys have their concerns but I suppose this is the point of the thread.

Moreno - How much will he play? Will he suffer a recurrence of his injury?

Foster - Will Fumblitis strike?

Caddy - Will he get enough opportunity or will offense falter?

oh and Great work on the thread MOP! Thanks

I'm in a couple of leagues and have differing problems in each. I'm just going to focus on one here though with my thoughts and what I will probably do.

ADP will definately be my RB1. This really doesn't need discussion. Got Matthews as my 2 and again I don't think this is up for debate. I'm left at RB3 choosing between Knowshon Moreno, Arian Foster and Cadillac Williams.

I spent the most on Moreno and when healthy would expect the most production from him, I think he's going to be a workhorse but that lingering hamstring injury really bothers me. In another situation I may be forced to start him but here I think I have the luxury of waiting and seeing.

My initial first thought was Moreno OUT Foster IN. Was able to pick up Foster v.cheap in this auction which surprised considering how fast his stock is rising. I think he'll be good this week (I worry long term about Kubiak pulling him, don't think this is as much of an issue while Slaton is out). Foster is a good fit in the system and the Colts aren't known for their amazing D. I see the potential for 90-100yrds and a TD here.

My final option is to roll with Caddy against the Browns (I consider this to be a pretty nice matchup). I'm not as comfortable with the TB offense as I am with Houston and that's what leaning me towards Foster. If I'm making a mistake let me know.

In summary I think all 3 guys have their concerns but I suppose this is the point of the thread.

If there were any doubts...and thanks for the kind words Don. Is the NFL popular in Scotland? How many NFL games can you actually watch on TV? Games start at 1:00 EST here in the States...so that's probably 7:00 where you are? MNF at 3:00AM has to be a tough one to catch.

If there were any doubts...and thanks for the kind words Don. Is the NFL popular in Scotland? How many NFL games can you actually watch on TV? Games start at 1:00 EST here in the States...so that's probably 7:00 where you are? MNF at 3:00AM has to be a tough one to catch.
Thanks for clearing my mind, didn't want to overthink things. It's growing in popularity every year. There's a small league over here but it's really died down since the Scottish Claymores and NFL Europe finished. Far more of a cult sport over here but I saw some guys playing touch football in the park last week so it is catching on.On our free to air TV we get one game the Sunday Night football. Starts around 1.30am on Monday and is on till half 4-5am.

If you want to pay for cable then ESPN shows MNF and Sky Sports show two games from the 1pm et kickoffs (6pm uk) and 2 from the 4.15pm et kickoffs (9.15 uk).

There's enough coverage if you have cable but as I haven't at the moment so I'm stuck to one game a week and a struggle into work on the monday.

Hey MOP in the main post you have Houston at Indy, but I believe it's reversed. Not that should matter in the Foster lovefest.

I think Hightower becomes a must start if Beanie cannot go.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Hey MOP in the main post you have Houston at Indy, but I believe it's reversed. Not that should matter in the Foster lovefest.I think Hightower becomes a must start if Beanie cannot go.
You're right , I'll have to change that although it doesn't change my opinion of the game much except I thought Indy only laying 2.5 was strange, now I know why. Hightower has torched the Rams on their field the last 2 years, this could be one of Hightower's biggest games of the season.

Are people rolling with Jonathon Stewart this week?
Not me. I am starting Ronnie Brown and Bradshaw over him. I guess in TD heavy leagues I would be more likely, but I just don't like starting a guy who has been the backup 2B player and who hasn't played all preseason. I expect he will play and I expect the split will be similar to the past when both players were healthy or semi-healthy. But...there is too much risk so I want to go with players that I feel more confident will get the majority of their team's carries.

Thanks for the work MOP...... After reading your thoughts- I am leaning against going my usual route and starting my week 1 players based off of where I drafted them and starting Jerome Harrison over Mendenhall....

PPR- so I hope it's a good move.

Always a great job MOP. I look forward to these threads every year. I feel giddy that my two starters Foster and Matthews are greenies this week.

Keep up the good work.

Always a great job MOP. I look forward to these threads every year. I feel giddy that my two starters Foster and Matthews are greenies this week.Keep up the good work.
I find the biggest supporters are those that have their guys in green a lot or take solace in the fact their guys hit the red column each week. I am going to try and update with a few more green and red sometime today or tomorrow.

Great work MOP. :bag:

It's already Week 1 and I have a dilemma. Do you go with Reggie Bush against MIN or roll the dice with Hightower....with Wells likely not 100%. I am leaning towards Hightower.....this is a PPR league. I can't see Bush getting big numbers unless he catches 6 or so passes.

Are people rolling with Jonathon Stewart this week?
Not me. I am starting Ronnie Brown and Bradshaw over him. I guess in TD heavy leagues I would be more likely, but I just don't like starting a guy who has been the backup 2B player and who hasn't played all preseason. I expect he will play and I expect the split will be similar to the past when both players were healthy or semi-healthy. But...there is too much risk so I want to go with players that I feel more confident will get the majority of their team's carries.
I agree to a point.I live in CAR, and the Panthers were horrible on offense. I would wait and see before I would put Stewart in. IMO, you would have to be desperate to start him this week.BTW, I think the distribution will be close to 50/50 between DWill and Stewart, with DWill getting a couple more carries a game. I wouldn't sit Stewart because he won't get the touches. It's more that CAR has looked bad so far.

First, thanks MOP for the great insight!

I don't post much but I'm in a real bind with RBs week 1. I'm loaded in WR but weak all around at RB. 12 team redraft league, 0.5 PPR.

I'm starting a WR at flex so I need two of the following:

Moreno - Injury issues but looking like he'll play. I'm not convinced it will be a full game or very productive.

McCoy - Not really sold on his productivity and tough match up against GB.

Wells - I like him long term but questionable this week with injury.

McFadden - Total question mark but okay match up this week and Bush out.

Buckhalter - Picked him up late as a handcuff for Moreno.

I'm currently leaning towards Moreno and McFadden which is high risk, high reward in my book. McFadden, McCoy might be a safer play though.

I'd love to hear thoughts from you guys.

Thanks!

Another voice of thanks for your posts, MOP.

My RB decisions this week are relatively easy but this was a great read, and I look forward to your posts during the later, more difficult weeks.

Thanks for the work MOP...... After reading your thoughts- I am leaning against going my usual route and starting my week 1 players based off of where I drafted them and starting Jerome Harrison over Mendenhall.... PPR- so I hope it's a good move.
Man, I am sort of in the same situation. Need to start 3 of Mendy, Best, Grant and Harrison. I too am leaning against the grain a bit and going with Best and Grant and starting Harrison over Mendy. Pittsburgh scares me and I don't really get the Harrison detractors. Honestly, I am debating between those two and Grant against Philly's def. Either way, I think I am benching Mendy (one of my keepers), just like you.Here's to hoping its the right move!

Thanks for the work MOP...... After reading your thoughts- I am leaning against going my usual route and starting my week 1 players based off of where I drafted them and starting Jerome Harrison over Mendenhall.... PPR- so I hope it's a good move.
Man, I am sort of in the same situation. Need to start 3 of Mendy, Best, Grant and Harrison. I too am leaning against the grain a bit and going with Best and Grant and starting Harrison over Mendy. Pittsburgh scares me and I don't really get the Harrison detractors. Honestly, I am debating between those two and Grant against Philly's def. Either way, I think I am benching Mendy (one of my keepers), just like you.Here's to hoping its the right move!
First to MOP, I've been reading you forever and really appreciate your thoughts although I hardly post. I'm also leaning on possible starting Jerome Harrison over Jamaal Charles and see how this whole Jamaal Charles/Thomas Jones thing shakes out. Tampa had the worst rushing defense in the league last year and Mangini has already stated that Jerome will get a ton of work. I figure Jerome get 25 touches this game as compared to Jamaal's 15 - 20 touches. I guess I'm thinking it's just a numbers game.

Great work MOP. :goodposting:

It's already Week 1 and I have a dilemma. Do you go with Reggie Bush against MIN or roll the dice with Hightower....with Wells likely not 100%. I am leaning towards Hightower.....this is a PPR league. I can't see Bush getting big numbers unless he catches 6 or so passes.
He might. though.History on the side of THT @St L, he's a top20 on this site I believe.

First, thanks MOP for the great insight!

I don't post much but I'm in a real bind with RBs week 1. I'm loaded in WR but weak all around at RB. 12 team redraft league, 0.5 PPR.

I'm starting a WR at flex so I need two of the following:

Moreno - Injury issues but looking like he'll play. I'm not convinced it will be a full game or very productive.

McCoy - Not really sold on his productivity and tough match up against GB.

Wells - I like him long term but questionable this week with injury.

McFadden - Total question mark but okay match up this week and Bush out.

Buckhalter - Picked him up late as a handcuff for Moreno.

I'm currently leaning towards Moreno and McFadden which is high risk, high reward in my book. McFadden, McCoy might be a safer play though.

I'd love to hear thoughts from you guys.

Thanks!
1. Moreno practiced fully according to the IR this week, that points to a positive but tearing the hamstring in preseason as DD mentioned in many articles the past week or two is not a good thing. That hammy could go south at any time. We really don't know what to expect. 2. McFadden seems like a sexie pick this week but then we hear that Bush has been practicing some and Cable wants to play him which to me sounds like a major vote of unconfidence in McFadden. If he was the goods then Cable would say they are resting Bush and gonna roll with McFadden and they have the upmost confidence...he didn't say any of that from what I was reading.

3. McCoy might not have a great match up but Green Bay is going to put up probably 24+ point IMO, that means Philly has to try and keep up. When has a RB ever been a traditional RB in Philly under HC Andy Reid. If they have to throw it a lot I'm not sure that spells gloom and doom for the RB1 spot in Philly. McCoy could snare 4/25-30 OTB and then he only needs about 50-60 on the ground to be a factor. If he hits pay dirt even once he suddenly could be a fringe RB1 in the opener. I would think about working him in the line up but it's not my team, it's yours.

4. Wells-the injury concerns me.

2. McFadden seems like a sexie pick this week but then we hear that Bush has been practicing some and Cable wants to play him which to me sounds like a major vote of unconfidence in McFadden. If he was the goods then Cable would say they are resting Bush and gonna roll with McFadden and they have the upmost confidence...he didn't say any of that from what I was reading.
twitter just now:
VittorioTafur

Raiders RB Darren McFadden (earlier today) on heavy workload: "It’s something I’ve been looking forward to. I think I’m ready for it."

Michael Bush did not practice today

2. McFadden seems like a sexie pick this week but then we hear that Bush has been practicing some and Cable wants to play him which to me sounds like a major vote of unconfidence in McFadden. If he was the goods then Cable would say they are resting Bush and gonna roll with McFadden and they have the upmost confidence...he didn't say any of that from what I was reading.
twitter just now:
VittorioTafur

Raiders RB Darren McFadden (earlier today) on heavy workload: "It's something I've been looking forward to. I think I'm ready for it."

Good info. That's why I do this partly. I had heard that Cable was pushing him to practice...OK, so it's Thursday and the big workload in practice is going to McFadden. So to the poster above I would lean McFadden/McCoy...sounds like an Irish law firm.

I need to start 2 out of these 3 RBs, NON PPR league: Reshard Mendenhall, Jerome Harrison, Jaamal Charles

Mendenhall- apparently he is the goal-line back after all, which helps his value. He has the toughest situation to deal with in week 1, with a green QB leading the offense against an Atlanta defense that was pretty good against the run last year. He will get 80% of the carries, however.

Harrison- He's getting the starter carries, so 80% probably. He's got a great matchup against a poor Tampa Bay team. Not sure I see any negatives here.

Charles- not the starter, but will probably get 15-20 carries. dynamic runner. still, nobody knows what Haley is going to do. San Diego defense is neutral matchup.

I guess Harrison is the best play out of all 3, so let's say the decision is Mendenhall vs. Charles. This is a tough one. I feel like Charles has more upside, but Mendenhall is going to get the ball 25+ without question.

I'm leaning Mendenhall on this one.

Good info. That's why I do this partly. I had heard that Cable was pushing him to practice...OK, so it's Thursday and the big workload in practice is going to McFadden. So to the poster above I would lean McFadden/McCoy...sounds like an Irish law firm.
Thanks MOP! I really appreciate the advice. I like the approach and having Moreno and Buckhalter, I can see how the situation shapes up for week 2.Thanks turnit for the twitter info on McFadden.Irish law firm it is!

Always a good read MOP. I suspect I may be visiting your threads a lot this year. My 4 RBs are Forte, DeAngelo Williams, Best and Bradshaw. Not sure one stands out above the rest this early in the year. Hopefully two emerge soon or I am going to drive myself crazy picking 2 each week in my PPR league.

This week:

D. Williams at NY Giants: I'm leaning towards Williams this week as Stewart has missed a lot of time in the preseason. Looking for them to lean on Williams a little more this week. My concern though is that the Giants may concentrate on the run and force Carolina to beat them through the air. Could help though with receptions out of the backfield.

Bradshaw vs. Carolina: I like Bradshaw this year and what I've seen and heard so far. I'm thinking of sitting him this week though until I see how Bradhaw/Jacobs shakes out

Forte vs. Detroit: Lions improved on defense and the O-line of the Bears has struggled. Like Forte to return to his old form though.

Best at Chicago: Like what we've seen of him in the pre-season and he's everybody's darling right now but do I trust rolling him out in week 1 of his rookie year. Do I take a wait and see approach.

Right now I'm thinking of going with Williams and taking a chance on Best or Forte.

twitter just now:
VittorioTafur

Raiders RB Darren McFadden (earlier today) on heavy workload: "It’s something I’ve been looking forward to. I think I’m ready for it."

... and now ...
Jerrymcd

Cable says Michael Bush could get in some practice time Friday after missing today and will be a game-time decision against Tennessee.

So no talk on Portis for this week in here at all, with MOP more on the bad side of teh fence. I understand Dallas finished 4th in rush yards against, and it was the preseason, but they looked horrid all around this preseason. Foster looked great against them a couple weeks back, but more importantly, there were gaping holes on almost every carry. I think HOU OL > WAS OL, but Im still optimistic Portis will have a nice game this week. He's actually healthy, and I think McNabb will make it more dangerous than any offense Portis has been in since his DEN days. That said, I might just be talking up Portis in my head because Steve Smith (CAR) has me wary of starting him after seeing nothing of him this preseason.

Speaking of Carolina and not seeing much this preseason, there's Jonathan Stewart. Everyone appears to be benching him this week, but until I see otherwise this season, I feel like what Stewart did late last year will have him eat into DWill's carries early this year. I understand the skeptical side with him not playing in the preseason, but everything from the horse's mouth has been he feels healthier than he has since he's been in the league, so I think Im rolling with him. That said, he's my RB1 and my best bench option in place of him this week is probably Mike Williams (TB) vs CLE, so unlike most here, I pretty much have to start him. Although the talk in here and Williams great matchup has me considering benching JStew more than I probably should

Looking more and more likely Beanie misses Week1. I had already decided to start Harrison over Mendy,, now I am thinking Hightower over Addai.... Both pass catchers out of the backfield, but I think Hightower might get more carries with Wells out.

KingPrawn said:
Always a good read MOP. I suspect I may be visiting your threads a lot this year. My 4 RBs are Forte, DeAngelo Williams, Best and Bradshaw. Not sure one stands out above the rest this early in the year. Hopefully two emerge soon or I am going to drive myself crazy picking 2 each week in my PPR league.This week:D. Williams at NY Giants: I'm leaning towards Williams this week as Stewart has missed a lot of time in the preseason. Looking for them to lean on Williams a little more this week. My concern though is that the Giants may concentrate on the run and force Carolina to beat them through the air. Could help though with receptions out of the backfield.Bradshaw vs. Carolina: I like Bradshaw this year and what I've seen and heard so far. I'm thinking of sitting him this week though until I see how Bradhaw/Jacobs shakes outForte vs. Detroit: Lions improved on defense and the O-line of the Bears has struggled. Like Forte to return to his old form though.Best at Chicago: Like what we've seen of him in the pre-season and he's everybody's darling right now but do I trust rolling him out in week 1 of his rookie year. Do I take a wait and see approach.Right now I'm thinking of going with Williams and taking a chance on Best or Forte.
I like the upside of Williams and Best right now. I think you will be working Forte and Bradshaw into your line up some too.

Last edited by a moderator:
love these threads....I have Best, Harrison, Spiller (2 RBs & my flex) but do you guys have anythoughts on any of these RBs vs. Desean for my flex?? Hard to bench Desean (I have andre johnson & calvin johnson at starting WR)

.2 ppr, standard scoring.

Any thoughts are extremely welcome!

love these threads....I have Best, Harrison, Spiller (2 RBs & my flex) but do you guys have anythoughts on any of these RBs vs. Desean for my flex?? Hard to bench Desean (I have andre johnson & calvin johnson at starting WR).2 ppr, standard scoring.Any thoughts are extremely welcome!
1/5 of a point per catch?If it is 2 points per catch then I like your team a lot better. Looks like you grabbed WR early and often. I think all 3 of those RBs have a good chance to put up strong numbers this weekend.

MOP: yes 1/5th per catch.

I picked 8th out of 12, so I went WR WR knowing that I could get Best, Spiller, Bradshaw later on. Harrison was a pleseant surprise.

So sit Desean for the 3rbs?

MOP: yes 1/5th per catch. I picked 8th out of 12, so I went WR WR knowing that I could get Best, Spiller, Bradshaw later on. Harrison was a pleseant surprise. So sit Desean for the 3rbs?
I sent you a PM but we try not to make individual owner decisions in here...the sharks, hawks and natives will get restless.

Looking more and more likely Beanie misses Week1. I had already decided to start Harrison over Mendy,, now I am thinking Hightower over Addai.... Both pass catchers out of the backfield, but I think Hightower might get more carries with Wells out.
Was this decision from a few days ago or are you still considering this after the new-news that Mendy actually WILL be used at the goaline? I have swapped out Harrison for Mendy, Harrison for Grant, Grant for Mendy, and every other iteration of starting 2 of those 3 about 200 times in the last week. Interestingly enough, the one guy who is completely unproven, Jahvid Best, is firmly locked in his flex starting role. From the outside looking in, that doesn't make much sense.

Was this decision from a few days ago or are you still considering this after the new-news that Mendy actually WILL be used at the goaline? I have swapped out Harrison for Mendy, Harrison for Grant, Grant for Mendy, and every other iteration of starting 2 of those 3 about 200 times in the last week. Interestingly enough, the one guy who is completely unproven, Jahvid Best, is firmly locked in his flex starting role. From the outside looking in, that doesn't make much sense.
I'm in a similar situation with Mendy, Harrison, and Charles. I've switched lineups 10 times.

Love your threads MOP, and it looks like your original post on RBs influenced my draft. Kept Addai and Charles and drafted Harrison (+ Hillis)

This week, I intend to roll with Addai (great pre-season and Houston track record) and Harrison (can't believe all the sites have him ranked so low this week). Charles will be on my bench this week while I scope out KCs rb strategy for the year.

Any explanation why football guys and so many other sites are hating on Jerome?

Users who are viewing this thread