What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Real College Bowl Pick'em- $50 entry (1 Viewer)

Final Standings1st- TribecalledJeff2nd- Man in the Box3rd- Bryan11Joseph (via a perfect BCS record)Last- GetzlafSend me your paypal addresses and I will get the money to you today.
Took about ninety seconds for Derek to pay me after sending him e-mail addy. :thumbup: Thanks for running this. It was a lot of fun rooting to lose!

If Derek cannot or does not want to do this, I will.

I can run it thru my website and take credit cards, and set it up to be legal.

I'm thinking I could sell $50 gift certificates good toward $500 purchase and each paid card receives a free entry to pool? I'd take out 3% to help cover the credit card and website guy fees. If anyone wanted to use the gift card, they could if they are traveling to Austin.

I think that would be completely legal and provide us an easy way to pay and play. I think I'd use the rtsports free setup?

Thoughts? Options?

If Derek cannot or does not want to do this, I will.I can run it thru my website and take credit cards, and set it up to be legal. I'm thinking I could sell $50 gift certificates good toward $500 purchase and each paid card receives a free entry to pool? I'd take out 3% to help cover the credit card and website guy fees. If anyone wanted to use the gift card, they could if they are traveling to Austin. I think that would be completely legal and provide us an easy way to pay and play. I think I'd use the rtsports free setup?Thoughts? Options?
works for me

If Cosjobs can run it, I say go for it. I am destroyed at work and dont want to half ### it.

I will still probably play though.

If Derek cannot or does not want to do this, I will.I can run it thru my website and take credit cards, and set it up to be legal. I'm thinking I could sell $50 gift certificates good toward $500 purchase and each paid card receives a free entry to pool? I'd take out 3% to help cover the credit card and website guy fees. If anyone wanted to use the gift card, they could if they are traveling to Austin. I think that would be completely legal and provide us an easy way to pay and play. I think I'd use the rtsports free setup?Thoughts? Options?
Make it happen.

:blackdot:

Planning to have the page up by EOD Thursday (that probably means very early morning Friday as my EOD is fairly late, posting this at 1:44am.)

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the point of doing it the gift cards way? I will track it in Excel and collect/payout via Paypal as a Gift so that there are no fees deducted.

If you guys think the Gift Card way is better, that is fine too. Just hate to see a % of everyone's $ go to waste.

What's the point of doing it the gift cards way? I will track it in Excel and collect/payout via Paypal as a Gift so that there are no fees deducted.If you guys think the Gift Card way is better, that is fine too. Just hate to see a % of everyone's $ go to waste.
I offered to do it as the gift card way as that was the only way I could see to use my cc processing and not jeopardize my merchant account or put my business at risk. I really do not have a problem eating the fees for a hundred or two entries, but since anyone could join and invite anyone else- if we had more entries than that the fees would start to take a toll on me.

'cosjobs said:
What's the point of doing it the gift cards way? I will track it in Excel and collect/payout via Paypal as a Gift so that there are no fees deducted.If you guys think the Gift Card way is better, that is fine too. Just hate to see a % of everyone's $ go to waste.
I offered to do it as the gift card way as that was the only way I could see to use my cc processing and not jeopardize my merchant account or put my business at risk. I really do not have a problem eating the fees for a hundred or two entries, but since anyone could join and invite anyone else- if we had more entries than that the fees would start to take a toll on me.
Doesn't matter to me - let's hear what others think.

Let's do it like we did every year. Paypal entry fee to one person. Track the bowl games in Excel. Post the spreadsheet daily. Disburse funds to winners.

I volunteered to do the Paypal part. If there are no objections, let's get it started.

check the FBG lottery thread for why paypal is a bad idea these days.
Cliffs?
If paypal sees multiple gifts for the same amount they'll assume something fishy and could lock the paypal account. This is especially the case if something references football pool, etc in the payment notes.
Yup, I wouldn't trust PayPal with any sum over a couple hundred dollars (total) these days. Still use my business account with them for invoices right now, but been working on an alternate payment system for a bit now with all the bad press they've been getting.Cosjobs - saw your msg. No prob.

Last edited by a moderator:
check the FBG lottery thread for why paypal is a bad idea these days.
Cliffs?
If paypal sees multiple gifts for the same amount they'll assume something fishy and could lock the paypal account. This is especially the case if something references football pool, etc in the payment notes.
Yup, I wouldn't trust PayPal with any sum over a couple hundred dollars (total) these days. Still use my business account with them for invoices right now, but been working on an alternate payment system for a bit now with all the bad press they've been getting.Cosjobs - saw your msg. No prob.
Got it - let me know what you guys come up with for an easy way to pay entry fees and disburse winnings.

derek... where you at??? Definitely IN!

Give us plenty of heads up if it's happening. I need to make a transfer to my PayPal account.

Users who are viewing this thread