What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Recently viewed movie thread - Rental Edition (6 Viewers)

Phantom of the Opera - OK. If you liked the play, you'll like the movie. It's pretty much the same thing. Emmy Rossum is hot.
This could have been pretty good. Emmy Rossum was excellent!!! The guy that played the Phantom was HORRIBLE. His acting/singing/mannorisms where so bad, that I just ended up fast forwarding through every scene he was in. I thought that was the worst performance I've ever seen!

Team America World Police - Outrageous, as expected. Pretty funny.
I was expecting big things from this but I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in a movie. I don't know why, I just didn't think it was that funny.

Swimming Pool - Awful.  Just Awful.  :thumbdown:   :thumbdown:
Was this the rated or unrated version?
Unrated, but it didn't help.Sure, you see boobs for 3/4 of the movie, but they weren't spectacular enough to redeem this pile of crap.

I really didn't need to see the old lady laying naked on the bed trying to seduce the 90 year old gardener. :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
I :heart: Hucakbees..... ehhhh...it was alright.Mulholland Drive........ :thumbdown: Haunted Mansion........ For what it was it kept my attention. Not exactly Hamlet.Bortherhood of the Wolf........ :thumbdown: Lost in Translation...... Excellent.American Beauty.........Excellent.

National Treasure -It was alright. Unbelieveable, but alright. Glad I didn't pay $20 to see it.

Firefly Episodes 1-3 -Good startup. Sort of a mix of Farscape and Deadwood. It'll be interesting to see where it goes though. This weekend's picks are Firefly 4-6. Its a make or break as to whether I get the rest.

This weekend's picks are Dr Strangelove and Ff 4-6.

National Treasure -It was alright. Unbelieveable, but alright. Glad I didn't pay $20 to see it.

Firefly Episodes 1-3 -Good startup. Sort of a mix of Farscape and Deadwood. It'll be interesting to see where it goes though. This weekend's picks are Firefly 4-6. Its a make or break as to whether I get the rest.

Have you seen the preview for the Firefly movie? It looked interesting but I never saw the series.....

Have you seen the preview for the Firefly movie? It looked interesting but I never saw the series.....
Nope. Firefly is suppose to be coming to SciFi in July. Seeing as it has to be slightly good to be brought back (it was on FOX), I added it to my queue. But haven't seen the scenes for the movie yet.

Finally saw Runaway Jury and was pleasantly surprised. I didn't read the book and had NO expectations of the movie.

Did not like Elektra except for the "scenery".

Hitch - Decent. Some good laughs, but the big misunderstanding was stupid.
Agreed, I would have dumped that chick to the curb and left her there if I were Will Smith's character. There were some funny parts though.

Hitch - mildly funny, entertaining, I've seen much worseIn Good Company - see HitchSuspect Zero - OK, had more potentialGodsend - Good movie until the end. Why didn't they go with one of the alternate endings?Finding Neverland - horribleGot Life Aquatic and Final Cut in yesterday and will watch this weekend.

Team America World Police - Outrageous, as expected.  Pretty funny.
I was expecting big things from this but I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in a movie. I don't know why, I just didn't think it was that funny.
It was a bit over-hyped, but I still found certain parts very funny.

Finding Neverland - horrible
Really? Though it was depressing as hell, I thought it was really well done.
Well, mine wasn't a full review. I quit watching after a little over half an hour because I thought it was so bad. You know a movie is bad when I quit watching it to go iron clothes. :eek:

Watched "Closer" yesterday--Natalie Portman is really really purty. The movie was pretty good, too.Rented I Heart Huckabees a week or two ago and was pretty excited to see it. Boy, was I wrong. I need to pin a note to my sleeve to remember to never see a movie with Jason Schwartzman in it ever again. I didn't even finish watching it...and I've sat through all of Twister and The Thin Red Line, so my stamina for bad movies should not be questioned. Huckabees was annoying and boring and not funny in the least. That is all.

Just saw Sexy Beast on IFC. Great acting in that one, plus some pretty good camerawork.
I liked that movie a lot. I came across it on IFC one night. Ben Kingsley is hilarious in that movie.

Bortherhood of the Wolf........  :thumbdown:
I can't believe I sat all the way through that steaming pile of ####e.
Is that the werewolf picture with the french guys traveling about doing battle and being rather swashbuckling? I liked that one.

Watched "Closer" yesterday--Natalie Portman is really really purty. The movie was pretty good, too.

Rented I Heart Huckabees a week or two ago and was pretty excited to see it. Boy, was I wrong. I need to pin a note to my sleeve to remember to never see a movie with Jason Schwartzman in it ever again. I didn't even finish watching it...and I've sat through all of Twister and The Thin Red Line, so my stamina for bad movies should not be questioned. Huckabees was annoying and boring and not funny in the least. That is all.
Agree with both. Huckabee's was effing terrible.

Watched "Closer" yesterday--Natalie Portman is really really purty. The movie was pretty good, too.

Rented I Heart Huckabees a week or two ago and was pretty excited to see it. Boy, was I wrong. I need to pin a note to my sleeve to remember to never see a movie with Jason Schwartzman in it ever again. I didn't even finish watching it...and I've sat through all of Twister and The Thin Red Line, so my stamina for bad movies should not be questioned. Huckabees was annoying and boring and not funny in the least. That is all.
Ummm, The Thin Red Line was an excellent movie. And I wouldn't rate Twister as a bad movie either, thus your movie reviewing skills are brought into immediate question.

:goodposting: Great cast and good director indicated a quality flick, but it didn't happen. It never really went anywhere. I kept watching, thinking it was going to get good, but it just ended, and I was like :confused: :yawn: :thumbdown:

Ummm, The Thin Red Line was an excellent movie. And I wouldn't rate Twister as a bad movie either, thus your movie reviewing skills are brought into immediate question.
Sorry, buddy. You're through the looking glass here...up is down, black is white, dogs and cats are living together...and it's YOUR taste in movies that is in question.Twister was laughably bad even for a summer popcorn flick. And The Thin Red Suck was the most painfully boring war movie ever. Terence Malick should have stayed retired. The only good scene was the one with John Cusack, and they were trying to take a hill. Otherwise it was worthless in every way.

Watched "Closer" yesterday--Natalie Portman is really really purty.  The movie was pretty good, too.

Rented I Heart Huckabees a week or two ago and was pretty excited to see it.  Boy, was I wrong.  I need to pin a note to my sleeve to remember to never see a movie with Jason Schwartzman in it ever again.  I didn't even finish watching it...and I've sat through all of Twister and The Thin Red Line, so my stamina for bad movies should not be questioned.  Huckabees was annoying and boring and not funny in the least.  That is all.
Thin Red Line was abysmal and completely lacking in any redeeming qualities. All extant copies of this film should be burnt so future generations don't run the risk of rediscovering a film that should never have been made.

Beyond the Sea - really bad and I like Darin and SpaceyMotorcycle Diaries - pretty good, foreign flickA Dirty Shame - huge fake boobs and a few laughs, not very goodCurb Your Enthusiasm - Season 1 (2 discs) - outstanding!Curb Your Enthusiam - Season 2 (2 discs) - even better!!Curb Your Enthusiam - Season 3 (2 discs) will watch tonite and this weekend

Beyond the Sea - really bad and I like Darin and Spacey

Motorcycle Diaries - pretty good, foreign flick

A Dirty Shame - huge fake boobs and a few laughs, not very good

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 1 (2 discs) - outstanding!

Curb Your Enthusiam - Season 2 (2 discs) - even better!!

Curb Your Enthusiam - Season 3 (2 discs) will watch tonite and this weekend
Oh yeah, just watched Hotel Rwanda - entertaining in a Schindlers List kind of way...

I have to agree with the Thin Red Line part. Alot of people hated it because SPR just came out and I think they were expecting the same. I don't classify Thin Red Line as a war movie but as a movie about life that takes place during the war... kinda like Empire of the Sun ( which was Christian Bale's best work)....

Ella Enchanted - Wife wanted to watch it with me. Anne Hathaway is friggin' HOT! Not a bad light comic Cinderella pastiche. :thumbup:National Treasure - Entertaining and some good eye candy. :thumbup:

Watched "Closer" yesterday--Natalie Portman is really really purty.  The movie was pretty good, too.

Rented I Heart Huckabees a week or two ago and was pretty excited to see it.  Boy, was I wrong.  I need to pin a note to my sleeve to remember to never see a movie with Jason Schwartzman in it ever again.  I didn't even finish watching it...and I've sat through all of Twister and The Thin Red Line, so my stamina for bad movies should not be questioned.  Huckabees was annoying and boring and not funny in the least.  That is all.
I have to agree with the Thin Red Line part. Alot of people hated it because SPR just came out and I think they were expecting the same. I don't classify Thin Red Line as a war movie but as a movie about life that takes place during the war... kinda like Empire of the Sun ( which was Christian Bale's best work)....
And here I was starting to think that our mutual hatred for Brotherhood of the Wolf might provide a starting foundation for a long friendship. I just knew it was a matter of time before you shot things all to hell.

And here I was starting to think that our mutual hatred for Brotherhood of the Wolf might provide a starting foundation for a long friendship. I just knew it was a matter of time before you shot things all to hell.
I know... what will be will be. Unless you also share a hatred for the movie Magnolia?

I know... what will be will be. Unless you also share a hatred for the movie Magnolia?
No, I loved Magnolia.I guess we'll just have to settle into a relationship based on mutual contempt. :shrug:

Curb Your Enthusiam - Season 3 (2 discs) will watch tonite and this weekend
I thought the Crazy Eyes Killa episode was hilarious. Just saw on my order sheet that the 4th Season comes out Aug 30th !! :thumbup:

Sideways - good but not greatFinding Neverland - greatTeam Police - average but hilarious in placesMagnolia - depressing garbage

The wife and I rented Hitch last night. Pretty entertaining flick. Enough laughs to keep me interested and enough romance to keep the Mrs. engaged. I generally like Will Smith and I think Kevin James can be hilarious at times. The dancing scene cracked me up. :thumbup:

Finding Neverland - horrible
My ranking of the 5 Best Picture Oscar Nominees:1) Ray

2) The Aviator

3) Finding Neverland - Excellent movie, but you had to be in a certain mood to watch it.

4) Million Dollar Babies

5) Sideways

Just my response to those hating on Huckabees---It touched on a very specific chord for me. I'm not certain how, or why, but when I saw it, it made sense to me in a very universal way. Maybe certain people aren't ready/willing to make that connection, but for me, it was a very important and poignant message.But this just goes to show that everyone reads these thigns differently anyway. Good luck. See this movie with an open mind.

Recently seen:The Stu Ungar Story - C-...Jumps around which would be ok if there weren't so many holes in the story telling.The Jacket - BFriday Night Lights - C+Harold & Kumar - B (damn funny in spots...over the top in others)Next on list:Donnie Darko (Director's cut)Passion of the Christ-fe

Boogeyman

:X :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I knew this movie was going to be awful even before I threw it in, so I have no one to blame but myself. Very slow. Unlikeable characters. Not scary at all.

They try to scare you by having things pop out unexpectedly. Lame.

Spanglish - Not bad. Paz Vega is hot as hell. A little too much whining in the movie for my tastes, but overall a pretty good story.Meet the ####ers - Meh. Same story, new characters.

Don't get to see too many movies so when I get time to rent one, I always want to make it a good one...however, I am the absolute worst at picking out rentals. Last weekend I picked Aviator thinking that it was up for some awards and I really thought I'd like it. Besides Hawkeye is in it! How bad can it be?

Wrong! Aviator = slow boring movie with a ending that left me saying then what? Better luck this weekend, I guess, I'll send the wife to pick one out this time!

On DVR queue:

Oil Storm (faux-documentary, aired on F/X)
I've got Oil Storm sitting on my TiVo since it aired. It looked good in previews, but haven't been able to bring myself to watch it.One of the first movies I set to auto-record (probably about 4 years ago already) was the first Evil Dead. It finally aired a couple weeks ago on IFC.

It was worth the wait...I forgot how much I liked it.

All that's left right now is Yellow Submarine. They used to play it every year on New Years Eve night, but they never show it anymore.

Just got done watching an old school sci-fi flick ...

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Great movie!

"Gort, Klaatu ... barada ... nikto!"

Users who are viewing this thread