What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Recently viewed movie thread - Rental Edition (3 Viewers)

Road Trip-Unrated Version :thumbup: :thumbup:

I can't believe it took me so long to finally see this. Good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Escanaba in da Moonlight.Very funny but weird flick.Warning though: If you aren't from Michigan or the Midwest or have never been to the UP you may not get it at all. I've got a taste for some pasties...

Just got done watching an old school sci-fi flick ...

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Great movie!

"Gort, Klaatu ... barada ... nikto!"
This and the original black & white "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" are my favorite old-time sci-fi movies.

employee of the month a twisted movie, but i like those kind

Matt Dillon, Christina Applegate
I like that movie, but I did think they threw in too many twists at the end and once the first twist came into play, the rest were easy to guess.

Spanglish - Not bad. Paz Vega is hot as hell. A little too much whining in the movie for my tastes, but overall a pretty good story.

Meet the ####ers - Meh. Same story, new characters.
I was shocked by post #3 when GM mentioned Spanglish and his desire for Tea Leoni. How any man can see this movie and even remember her is beyond me... Paz Vega is SMOKIN. You should all rent "Sex and Lucia" to see all of her - you can thank me later.

Spanglish - Not bad.  Paz Vega is hot as hell.  A little too much whining in the movie for my tastes, but overall a pretty good story.

Meet the ####ers - Meh.  Same story, new characters.
I was shocked by post #3 when GM mentioned Spanglish and his desire for Tea Leoni. How any man can see this movie and even remember her is beyond me... Paz Vega is SMOKIN. You should all rent "Sex and Lucia" to see all of her - you can thank me later.
In defense of Tea, did you see the abs on her?

Saw "The Aviator" this weekend. :thumbup: Great story, and I was really impressed with how well Dicaprio played Howard Hughes. It's a really fascinating story, and I'm glad it wasn't all about how he went nuts. Plus, Kate Beckinsale :eek: :drool: Jamie Foxx deserved the Best Actor for how he basically became Ray Charles, but Leo was a close second IMHO.

Spanglish - Not bad.  Paz Vega is hot as hell.  A little too much whining in the movie for my tastes, but overall a pretty good story.

Meet the ####ers - Meh.  Same story, new characters.
In defense of Tea, did you see the abs on her?
One review I read referred to Tea's work in Spanglish as "career-ending performance."

Watched "Hide & Seek" last night. It was okay, and really just worth seeing b/c of Dakota's performance. The twist was way too obvious, and I kept waiting for something else to happen at the end.

Spanglish - Not bad. Paz Vega is hot as hell. A little too much whining in the movie for my tastes, but overall a pretty good story.

Meet the ####ers - Meh. Same story, new characters.
Make sure you have your finger planted firmly on the Fast Forward button if you do. That movie was the definition of confusing and it bored the living hell outta me -- especially the last 30 minutes or so which seemed to drag on forever. I may not have helped that I was a bit loaded when I saw it but that movie was awful.Vega, though, is definitely hot. :thumbup:

the machinist... liked it.

not a good feelin, family movie, though.
Watched it last night myself.. kind of a Fight Club feel to it as far as Christian Bale's character Trevor Reznick.. that dude's wack.Million Dollar Baby is next on the slate along with The Jacket.

Firefly Episodes 1-3 -Good startup. Sort of a mix of Farscape and Deadwood. It'll be interesting to see where it goes though. This weekend's picks are Firefly 4-6. Its a make or break as to whether I get the rest.

This weekend's picks are Dr Strangelove and Ff 4-6.
Stick with Firefly. I didn't see any of it when it was airing, but when the last DVD was over, both the wife and I were bummed. The movie looks pretty cool too!Last four movies:

1. House of Flying Daggers: I liked it a lot. Visually pretty stunning. Great action scenes. Solid plot with a few twists. The final fight scene alone is worth renting the film.

2. The Incredibles: Surprised at how good it was.

3. Garden State: It's gotten a lot of hype and was pretty good, but didn't love it.

4. Shaun of the Dead: First half was better than the second but overall decent.

Just watched Underworld for the first time...it wasn't horrible.Kate Beckinsale- :thumbup: Is Constantine any good?

Just saw:Meet the ####ers :thumbup: For the first few minutes I thought it was going to be bad...but it actually made me laugh alot. Dustin Hoffman is great in this movie.. Babs ( who I despise) didn't make me want to turn it off....The Life Aquatic :thumbup: :thumbup: . There is something about this movie that made me like it alot..... Like Bottle Rocket, Rushmore and Tannenbaums its not for everyone. I get the impression that people think these movies are supposed to be broad comedy. Life Aquatic and Lost in Translation have really reminded me how much of a funny ####er Bill Murray is.... I'd love to see how much ad-libbing he did in this movie.National Treasure eh.... This movie had a lot going for it. The FreeMasons and Knights Templar have always interested me and the basic plot for this story is gold. If it was done a little more edgy and less Disney I would have like it better. I can't decide whether or not Nick Cage is a good actor.....

This weekend, I saw:A Love Song for Bobby Long - starring John Travolta and Scarlett Johansson :wub: I thought it was pretty darn good. Good story, great acting.

Is Constantine any good?
sadly, :no: Not the worst movie ever, but there's really nothing special about it. Rent SESSION 9 instead for a good psychological horror.
Agreed, not a new release, but very good movie.Some movies i have seen recently, 1 - 10 scale:

Million Dollar Baby - 8

Aviator - 6

Hotel Ruwanda - 5

Meet the ####ers - 8

Guess Who? -- Watched it last night. It was really, really funny. Big fan. I recommend it. Of course, it was formulaic and you knew what would happen, but it's still funny.

For simple brainless fun:Harold and Kumar goto White Castle :thumbup:Old School type of humor. No thinking involved.

Million Dollar Baby - Not terrible, but I didn't find it particularly engaging or moving. I knew it wasn't going to end happily, but the last 45 minutes seemed like Oscar-whoring melodrama to me. I definitely thought The Aviator was more Oscar-worthy.

Is Constantine any good?
sadly, :no: Not the worst movie ever, but there's really nothing special about it. Rent SESSION 9 instead for a good psychological horror.
I like Constantine alot better then Session 9.....Session 9 had everything going for it but I thought fizzled in the end.

Constantine suffered from Keanu Reeves Syndrome and it would have benefitted alot from having a more charasmatic lead but I thought the whole story and setup was great

Hide and Seekmixed. not terrible. not great. good if you want to scare your gf or something. positives: Famke Janssen :wub: and the under-appreciated Elisabeth Shue.negatives: no nudity

The wife and I rent a ton of movies, so we get to some of the not-quite-mainstream films sometimes...

Hotel - DONT WASTE your time with this one, normally, we can sit through just about any movie and we have seen some pretty horrible movies but this one only needed a half hour for us.. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Alexander is coming out, or just came out. Anyone seen it yet (or in the theaters)? I am a sucker for epic pics like this and Alexander the Great is my all time favorite historical character. I didn't hear much good stuff about the movie, so I'm not sure it is purchase worthy.

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind - Thought it was excellent.Harold and Kumar - Funny, worth a rental.White Noise - Utter crap.

Alexander is coming out, or just came out. Anyone seen it yet (or in the theaters)? I am a sucker for epic pics like this and Alexander the Great is my all time favorite historical character. I didn't hear much good stuff about the movie, so I'm not sure it is purchase worthy.
I heard it was one of the worst movies ever made. Probably rental material

Spellbound - :thumbup: Best spelling bee movie ever.Donnie Darko - :thumbup: Weird as ####, but not just weird for weirdness' sake.

Le Divorce - boring, stupid chick flick stuff. Hated it. Friends had it andmade me watch it. Rules of Attraction - thought it would suck considering it had that guy that plays Dawson on Dawsons Creek. I actually loved this movie. Not what I expected at all.

Dear Frankie :bag: - Wife's choice. Wasn't too bad. Chick has a little Scottish Penelope Cruz thing going, and the b:eek:bs are quality, though kept under wraps. Story was kinda cheesy, but not terribly so. As chick flicks go, it's better than getting stuck watching Beaches or something.

The Jacket...... :thumbdown: I thought this movie was better when it was Donnie Darko or The ButterFly Effect. I can't take Kris Kristoferson seriously as a doctor. Adrian Brody was alright in this but I thought it didn't deliver. On the plus side you get to see Kira Knightly's boobies.Hotel Rwanda...... Although billed by some as the African Schindlers List, I thought this movie wasn't as good as Schindler's List in portraying ones struggle to survive. Hotel Rwanda would have been much more powerful if it was a hard R ( it was pg 13) and showed more of the problems going on outside the hotel. That being said, I thought that the movie did a very good job of telling its primary story: that of Paul Rusesabagina and his attempt to save over 1200 Tutsi refugees. Don Cheadle was great.... :thumbup:

The Jacket...... :thumbdown: I thought this movie was better when it was Donnie Darko or The ButterFly Effect. I can't take Kris Kristoferson seriously as a doctor. Adrian Brody was alright in this but I thought it didn't deliver. On the plus side you get to see Kira Knightly's boobies.

Hotel Rwanda...... Although billed by some as the African Schindlers List, I thought this movie wasn't as good as Schindler's List in portraying ones struggle to survive. Hotel Rwanda would have been much more powerful if it was a hard R ( it was pg 13) and showed more of the problems going on outside the hotel. That being said, I thought that the movie did a very good job of telling its primary story: that of Paul Rusesabagina and his attempt to save over 1200 Tutsi refugees. Don Cheadle was great.... :thumbup:
Completely unrelated sidenote:My MIL was over the other day and was watching Lifetime :shudder: . On the screen is FBG fave Bea Arthur in the post-Golden Girls show, Golden Palace, which co-stars Cheech Marin and Don Cheadle.

No Man's Land - saw this last night. It was pretty good. If you're not familiar, it's the story of a Serb and Bosnian caught in a trench between opposing lines. Not too bad a movie.

Guess Who with Ashton Kutcher and Bernie Mac (I didn't rent it...in-laws passed it to us before it had to go back).... wasn't all that great, but it was decent. Had a few laugh out loud scenes. One thumb up

The Sisterhood. About a sorority of vampires...Enough said. It had potential based on the story, but the filming was soooooo bad. It was like a pron story line without the pron. Watched 20 minutes of it and I am ashamed to admit that. Plus, this director has a couple of other ones out there. Something about Werewolves of Wall Street or something. Very bad. You have been warned...

Guess Who with Ashton Kutcher and Bernie Mac (I didn't rent it...in-laws passed it to us before it had to go back).... wasn't all that great, but it was decent. Had a few laugh out loud scenes. One thumb up
:thumbup: I liked this, too. Thought it was funny.

Users who are viewing this thread