What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Recently viewed movie thread - Rental Edition (1 Viewer)

finished "born into brothels" last night. great documentary! it is interesting, moving, funny and sad. it won best documentary at the oscar's for good reason. i highly recommend it.

40-Year Old Virgin was on last night. I've seen it before, but I was laughing out loud again last night. Carrell is really good in it, too.

I watched Along Came Polly this weekend.

Surprisingly enjoyable. Some very funny parts.

:bag:
You're kidding, right? Awful, awful movie. :yucky: Watched The Family Stone last night. Not bad. Better than I expected. Also, I :wub: Claire Danes.

A History of Violency -- It was ok. Pretty predictable, but watchable. I'm sure most everyone's seen it already.

Underworld: Evolutin -- It was also ok -- I didn't think it was as good as the first one. Kate Beckinsale is SMOKIN.

Surprisingly enjoyable.  Some very funny parts.

You're kidding, right? Awful, awful movie. :yucky: Watched The Family Stone last night. Not bad. Better than I expected. Also, I :wub: Claire Danes.
:shrug: I laughed....maybe it was because I had such low expectations.

Watched Stealth this weekend.

My wife and I were actually laughing at the ridiculousness of it. And Jessica Biel in a bikini is even more ridiculous. :wub:

EDI reminded me of Johnny #5 from Short Circuit. :thumbup:

Overall, it sucked. :thumbdown:

My buddy made me watch Brazil this weekend (directed by Terry Gillam, Monty Pithon and 12 Monkeys) and it was pretty ####ed up. Jonathan Pryce, Robert Deniro, Ian Holm and Bob Hoskins are in it and I am thinking this was a British film. Definitly a ####ed up look at government but it was funny at times. I think it's a very hard watch the first time because it seems more ####ed up then it actually is. I had to think for awhile before I decided that I do like this movie. Wondering if anyone else had seen it.

My buddy made me watch Brazil this weekend (directed by Terry Gillam, Monty Pithon and 12 Monkeys) and it was pretty ####ed up. Jonathan Pryce, Robert Deniro, Ian Holm and Bob Hoskins are in it and I am thinking this was a British film. Definitly a ####ed up look at government but it was funny at times. I think it's a very hard watch the first time because it seems more ####ed up then it actually is. I had to think for awhile before I decided that I do like this movie. Wondering if anyone else had seen it.
i am a very big fan of gilliam's work. this is one of his better works, i think. it has that surreal feel to it but it is very much a product of the time. solid film, i think.

i am a very big fan of gilliam's work. this is one of his better works, i think. it has that surreal feel to it but it is very much a product of the time. solid film, i think.
Ya it was outdated but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. It's a very scary, dark film that when looked at could be compared to books such as 1984 and Brave New World but in a different medium.Edit to add: I love Deniro's character in this movie and the ending is spectacular and very thought provoking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also would like to say that 12 Monkeys is absolutly fantastic and if you all are looking for a movie to watch check it out.

Ya it was outdated but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. It's a very scary, dark film that when looked at could be compared to books such as 1984 and Brave New World but in a different medium.
i wouldn't call it outdated necessarily. it just is a product of its time. it's dark and bitterly funny.

Firewall- not bad

Aeon flux- :thumbdown:

Unleashed- :thumbdown:

I wanted to ask for my $ back for unleashed and aeon flux.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya it was outdated but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. It's a very scary, dark film that when looked at could be compared to books such as 1984 and Brave New World but in a different medium.
i wouldn't call it outdated necessarily. it just is a product of its time. it's dark and bitterly funny.
True, I guess what I meant was for being a futuristic look the phones, TVs, and various systems were not very futuristic but that is because of the time period made I assume.

True, I guess what I meant was for being a futuristic look the phones, TVs, and various systems were not very futuristic but that is because of the time period made I assume.
not at all. i think it was a deliberate choice. there are plenty of films that have this hyper stylized view of the future, like Blade Runner for example. this is no different. gilliam is all about tweaking things to almost absurd levels. the design elements in this film reflect that.

The Libertine

Depp gives a good performance as the Earl of Rochester. The movie is set in the 17th century and has that slow character development angle. My wife liked the flick. I thought it was watchable. Nothing seemed quite right, even the late plot/character twist (maybe I just dont "get" 17th century characters :shrug: ).

The opening soliloquy was my favorite part of the movie. Here's a sample

Allow me to be frank at the commencement. You will not like me. The gentlemen will be envious and the ladies will be repelled. You will not like me now and you will like me a good deal less as we go on. Ladies, an announcement: I am up for it, all the time. That is not a boast or an opinion, it is bone hard medical fact. I put it round you know. And you will watch me putting it round and sigh for it.

Watch Boogie Nights again. Oldie but a goodie. :thumbup:

Really liked Mark Wahlberg in Rock Star too.
Agree on Boogie Nights, but Rock Star was damn near unwatchable - except that it was laughably bad.

Never saw Along Came Polly.I agree with you regarding Claire Danes, but with nothing else on the movie "The Family Stone"

Had to watch this #### on the plane back from Vegas. Terrible...absolutely horrible.

Watch Boogie Nights again.  Oldie but a goodie.  :thumbup:

Really liked Mark Wahlberg in Rock Star too.
Agree on Boogie Nights, but Rock Star was damn near unwatchable - except that it was laughably bad.
yugh. Rockstar.Aniston there was really, really bad... which reminds of her recent movie with Clive Owen... "Derailed"? My god, what a stinker. I just can't take those movies where the characters repeatedly do the opposite of what a sane "real life" person would do. Drek.

Just saw Running Scared.

All I can say is :eek: . One of the more violent films I've seen in a while.
I highly recommend this movie, especially if you have a big screen and surround sound. Very intense :thumbup: I saw some people on these boards talking about Raising Arizona, man that movie sucked.

Never saw Along Came Polly.I agree with you regarding Claire Danes, but with nothing else on the movie "The Family Stone"

Had to watch this #### on the plane back from Vegas. Terrible...absolutely horrible.
Great cast for this move. Actually thought there was a great movie in there some where but they messed it up.

Just saw Running Scared.

All I can say is  :eek: .  One of the more violent films I've seen in a while.
I highly recommend this movie, especially if you have a big screen and surround sound. Very intense :thumbup: I saw some people on these boards talking about Raising Arizona, man that movie sucked.
Note to self: Avoid Running Scared as if it were a 450 pound syphillitic crack whore with crabs, canchres and incontinence problems.

Raising Victor Vargas -- Man, this movie got A TON of critical acclaim. I was just :yawn: .

I was very, very bored by this movie. Couldn't wait for it to end. Anyone else seen it?

Just saw Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. I'm not a fan of the title, but great movie. Tommy Lee Jones did pretty well directing and starring this movie. Takes place in Texas. You get a closer look at the relationships between the illegals, the cowboys, and the border police. I highly recommend it.

Next up on my Netflix queue - Midnight Run with Robert DeNiro and Charles Grodin. Haven't seen it in a while, so I've forgotten most of it.

Just saw Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. I'm not a fan of the title, but great movie. Tommy Lee Jones did pretty well directing and starring this movie. Takes place in Texas. You get a closer look at the relationships between the illegals, the cowboys, and the border police. I highly recommend it.
:goodposting: I saw this at the theater when it came out and thought it was really good. A quirky, modern western.

I watched " Vulgar" the other night. It's a Kevin Smith produced movie.

Pretty weird plot line and disturbing at times, but the acting was just horrible.

:thumbdown:

Watched Vertigo for the first time... the ending freaked me out... It's amazing how Hitchcock can do that with the simplist of themes.

"Dig".... really solid documentary about 2 interdependant independent bands- The Dandy Warhols and the Brian Jonestown Massacre. Interesting watching the ascent of one versus the descent of the other- touches on ideas of creativity and marketability. The protagonists get a little annoying, but I found myself really liking the movie in spite of that.

Just made the mistake of watching "Ultraviolet." :X

But Mila Jovovich is still :wub:
I have a soft spot for these kind of "Resident Evilish" violent science fiction movies. Hmmm vi-sci-fi, got a ring to it. Ultraviolet is the American answer to those chop-socky movies you see on ABC at noon on Saturdays.Milla = Sweet, sweet action baby :wub:

Pretty weird plot line and disturbing at times, but the acting was just horrible.

If I'm not mistaken I think this movie has a very long male on male rape scene involving a clown.

If I'm not mistaken I think this movie has a very long male on male rape scene involving a clown.
ahh so it's home movies from john wayne gacy?

Just made the mistake of watching "Ultraviolet." :X

But Mila Jovovich is still :wub:
I have a soft spot for these kind of "Resident Evilish" violent science fiction movies. Hmmm vi-sci-fi, got a ring to it. Ultraviolet is the American answer to those chop-socky movies you see on ABC at noon on Saturdays.Milla = Sweet, sweet action baby :wub:
I think Milla is one of the most underrated hotties. Her body is awesome, and that face is :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread