What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ReDraft 2020: Waiver Wire Week 4 ***Burkehead Time*** (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
The thread title is so we can stay away from those stinky dynasty owners that hype practice squad goons while we're trying to stack Benjamins 🤙

I'm half kidding of course but I didn't see a lot on Waivers for this week. 

Justin Jefferson was drafted at my league but many are going to rush to grab him.

Braxton Berrios, former Miami Hurricane is making the most of his opps and on a short week, Thursday night vs another 0-3 team, this might be a easy flex option or WR3/4 for many. He was widely available last I checked. 

How high are we on Tee Higgins in redraft?
Not sure but there is a new element, Tennessee had 5 personnel test positive and 3 players...they might not be able to go Sunday, their facility shut down thru Sat...then think about Minnesota vs Houston game, TN/Pitt and it's possible 4 Teams might be out of action this week. 

This is pretty much breaking right now so we should have it in the thread to bounce ideas around as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How high are we on Tee Higgins in redraft?
This is a good question. I wanted to believe AJG was going to round into shape but I'm not really seeing that and the targets started to lower this past Sunday. 

Higgins is about same age as Burrows, they are coming into the league together, think both are rookies?

He is part of an expansive class of WRs that were drafted in the 1st round and also 2nd rounds of the Draft last year. Technically Higgins is 2nd Round but c'mon at No 33, he was 1st pick of the 2nd round to match up with JB they drafted No 1 overall, it seems natural they will develop a good relationship on and off the field, Burrow is going to rely on him or give him a great chance to be one of his primary options. 

It's not a bad guy to grab as things sort themselves out up there. He still has to develop and is a rookie but he has merit on rosters right now. AJ Green does not look good at all right now. 

How do yall feel about Higgins vs. Jefferson?

I'm leaning Jefferson because the Vikings have proven to sustain 2 WRs and there is less competition / more opportunity with Diggs gone. I'm probably a little bias since I watched the MIN / TEN game and witnessed Jefferson torch the Titans and Butler in real time. He looked like the real deal.

How do yall feel about Higgins vs. Jefferson?

I'm leaning Jefferson because the Vikings have proven to sustain 2 WRs and there is less competition / more opportunity with Diggs gone. I'm probably a little bias since I watched the MIN / TEN game and witnessed Jefferson torch the Titans and Butler in real time. He looked like the real deal.
I think you're correct. Higgins is a fine add, but Jefferson is the man.

Jefferson had 3 targets in each of the two first games and had a huge outlier game but looked good doing it.

Talk to me why he's sustainable and not liable to be variable and why I shouldn't be looking at a short term stopgap like Carlos Hyde to turn my team around and get some wins now.

Jefferson had 3 targets in each of the two first games and had a huge outlier game but looked good doing it.

Talk to me why he's sustainable and not liable to be variable and why I shouldn't be looking at a short term stopgap like Carlos Hyde to turn my team around and get some wins now.
I believe he hadn't won the job the first 2 weeks, and his competition was still getting majority playtime.

However vs TEN, Jefferson played 51-of-65 snaps.

33.3% target share and route ran on 91% of dropbacks.

His main competitor, Bisi Johnson, played 5 total snaps.

I got precisely ZERO this week, and in the leagues I am in that have rolling priority, there wasn't anything worth sacrificing priority for in my opinion.

(2 leagues I am in have a completely open free agent pool, including during gametime) So that narrows my claims some.

I was fortunate enough to get Mike Davis at 4th priority the prior week in one spot in a league where I lost Barkley, so there's that.

I kind of figured this week would be all JUSTIN JEFFERSON and a lot of FOOLS GOLD at RB afterwards.

This is more of a week to snag backups for free, that may have big roles in the event of injury......and this will likely be one of the slower waiver wire weeks of the entire year when we look back.

TZM

I got precisely ZERO this week, and in the leagues I am in that have rolling priority, there wasn't anything worth sacrificing priority for in my opinion.

(2 leagues I am in have a completely open free agent pool, including during gametime) So that narrows my claims some.

I was fortunate enough to get Mike Davis at 4th priority the prior week in one spot in a league where I lost Barkley, so there's that.

I kind of figured this week would be all JUSTIN JEFFERSON and a lot of FOOLS GOLD at RB afterwards.

This is more of a week to snag backups for free, that may have big roles in the event of injury......and this will likely be one of the slower waiver wire weeks of the entire year when we look back.

TZM
That's how I saw this week as well.  I figured I'd just grab someone for free.  That ended up being Darrel Williams.

TZM
TZM= EF Hutton, nuff said 🤙

That's how I saw this week as well.  I figured I'd just grab someone for free.  That ended up being Darrel Williams.
@davearmThat someone is an excellent grab.

I have him in 3/4 redrafts, and the only reason I don't have him warming my bench in 4/4 is the 4th is an 8 teamer ppr that you need to have studs all over.

Check out my thoughts on why he was (and IS* ) a must own.  The entire fantasy community is sleeping on this one.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/787418-2020-rb-lotto-ticket-rankings/?do=findComment&comment=22934081

Like anything, the best plays don't always work. (CEH may be a bastion of health all year long) But beating the curve on this one is a free play, and one I am all over.

TZM

A WR that was on my mind and could be available in your leagues is Laviska Shenault from Jax who was under 50% ownership on some sites this past weekend, currently on 56% of rosters at RTSports so he is floating around. He saw his targets increase from 4-4-6 this past week and he is a rookie who will get better. 

He is rather large and can bounce off tacklers, it's only going to be a matter of time before he breaks a big one and the cat is totally out fo the bag. @Cin, @Hou, DET next 3 weeks I like the upside and if you are holding on to someone like say Mike Williams from LAC, I might think about grabbing Shenault even if waivers already ran this week, cut your WR6 and get someone with upside even if you are stacked up top. I like him to get better and better, don't worry about the pecking order in JAX, he is going to turnover the apple cart there. 

A WR that was on my mind and could be available in your leagues is Laviska Shenault from Jax who was under 50% ownership on some sites this past weekend, currently on 56% of rosters at RTSports so he is floating around. He saw his targets increase from 4-4-6 this past week and he is a rookie who will get better. 

He is rather large and can bounce off tacklers, it's only going to be a matter of time before he breaks a big one and the cat is totally out fo the bag. @Cin, @Hou, DET next 3 weeks I like the upside and if you are holding on to someone like say Mike Williams from LAC, I might think about grabbing Shenault even if waivers already ran this week, cut your WR6 and get someone with upside even if you are stacked up top. I like him to get better and better, don't worry about the pecking order in JAX, he is going to turnover the apple cart there. 
I like this, but mostly because I've been holding Shenault as my WR6 since the draft.

I like this, but mostly because I've been holding Shenault as my WR6 since the draft.
Approx 60 WRs are on rosters in my league.

Compare him vs another WR likely around or on about same rosters, MeCole Hardman. I feel like you can never rely on that guy to see a steady diet of targets. He does hit for big numbers though. 

Approx 60 WRs are on rosters in my league.

Compare him vs another WR likely around or on about same rosters, MeCole Hardman. I feel like you can never rely on that guy to see a steady diet of targets. He does hit for big numbers though. 
Since our rosters expanded this year(C19), the league carries between 65-70 WRs at any given time

The wire is pretty nasty

@davearmThat someone is an excellent grab.

I have him in 3/4 redrafts, and the only reason I don't have him warming my bench in 4/4 is the 4th is an 8 teamer ppr that you need to have studs all over.

Check out my thoughts on why he was (and IS* ) a must own.  The entire fantasy community is sleeping on this one.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/787418-2020-rb-lotto-ticket-rankings/?do=findComment&comment=22934081

Like anything, the best plays don't always work. (CEH may be a bastion of health all year long) But beating the curve on this one is a free play, and one I am all over.

TZM
I'm tempted to do the same. In a 16-team league, it not easy getting 2 good RBs. Also, he could have trade value to the CEH owner if DW ever gets a more carries,  but so far it hasn't happened.

Users who are viewing this thread