What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ref's Predraft 10 Team Superflex Discussion Thread.... (1 Viewer)

Team rzrback77

QB - took three and waited late - Rivers @ 5.8 QB 19 finished QB15 last year. When has Rivers not been motivated. He will enjoy having a much improved offensive line and should produce equal to or a bit better than 2019. Bridgewater @8.3 QB25 finished QB33 last year in limited action. Carolina is loaded with targets who seem to match Bridgewater's skills. I expect him to finish much better than ADP and with the Panthers being at (or near) the bottom of the NFC South, they will be forced to pass more than one would think with Bridgewater at the controls. Tua @16.3 QB29, I think that he is healthier than expected and will start very early for either the Dolphins or Chargers. We'll see on Thursday, but I expect him to be drafted in the top three.

RB - took six and most of them early - D. Cook @ 1.8 and RB5, finished RB7 last year. Expect similar production to a year ago with a more run-centric offense than most and he's a good receiver as well. Fournette @3.8 and RB15, finished at RB7 a year ago. He has been much maligned and may be moved from Jacksonville, but I am a believer in his abilities. Perhaps, he will out-produce expectations which seem lower than last year, he is also a decent receiver. Singletary @7.8 and RB20, finished RB33 last year when he outperformed Gore, but was not given as many opportunities. He is a great fit for the Bills' offense and he rises in 20. Two rookies @10.3 and RB31 and @11.8 and RB34. I am not sure which of the top five RBs stand out, but I got two of them kind of late and like the chances of one of them (and maybe both) producing well as rookies. Took Howard Jordan @15.8 and RB42 and he should get a lot of carries at his new home.

WR - took nine and expect most of my flex scoring here. Julio Jones @2.3 and WR4 finished at WR2 last year and is always among the league leaders in targets, catches and yards. Chris Godwin @4.3 and WR6, finished at WR3 and seems to me the better fit with Brady coming in. Gronk WHO? Keenan Allen @6.3 and WR13, finished at WR6 last year, most are expecting decreased production, but could be the perfect match for Tua. We'll see if Allen also stays among the higher targets and catches. Tyler Boyd @9.8 and WR29, finished WR18 last year and also produced in 2018. I think that he will remain the number one target for an improved offense. Golden Tate @13.8 and WR42, finished at WR45 last year missing games and is in this second year with D. Jones. James Washington @18.3 and WR57, finished at WR53 last year and who was the QB, much better with Ben R. returning. Finished up with three rookies, Justin Jefferson, Tee Higgins and Brandon Aiyuk, who should all go in the top two rounds and at least one of them should be very good in 2020.

TE - took four, but all late as I did not see the benefit of scoring with no additional ppr for TE. We'll see if waiting late was a valid strategy or not. I like all four, but of course they are not expected to be top ten candidates. Jared Cook @12.3 and TE13, finished at TE7 last year and came on strong in the later stages. Jack Doyle @14.3 and TE18, finished at TE16 last year and gets improved QB play in Rivers who typically loves throwing to TEs. Gerald Everett @24.3 and TE29, finished at TE26 last year and could be featured more in two TE sets with the departure of B. Cooks. Darren Fells @26.3 and TE31, who also finished strong and the Texans seemed to have lost a pretty good receiver this off-season.

PK - took two and considered three- Went with Z. Gonzalez on the up and coming Cardinals offense and added Josh Lambo later. Both had excellent seasons last year and both have reasonable contracts, but Jacksonville may not score much.

DST - took three and most late - Eagles, Cardinals and Panthers - Yikes the Panthers have a tough conference schedule.

Focused on WR and got better TBs than I expected. I don't think  my QBs at bad, but they will not gain ground for me most weeks. If the QBs can hold their own and the TEs score more than the draft capital it took, I like my chances. I greatly enjoyed the differences in this league and the speed of the draft. Great job by all, especially the Ref Man for getting this together. Is it Thursday yet? Can't wait for the draft.
Jefferson in the first round to the Vikings and Aiyuk in the first round to the 49ers - nice landing spots for two of my rookie WRs.

was hoping for Tua to the Chargers, we’ll see how soon he can get on the field with the Dolphins

Last edited by a moderator:
QB: Wilson, Ryan, Wentz, Trubisky/Foles - It's Superflex baby!  Wanted to be posting two 20+ pt scores a week.  Wasn't thrilled about Wilson in the freaking second, but didn't want to be on the outside looking in.  Honestly it didn't hurt that much as Wilson/AmariCooper > Julio/Tannehill.  Added Tribisky/Foles late to secure a 4th QB.  I think I'll get more benefit than an 8th WR.

RB: Swift. Montgomery, CEH, Henderson, Scott, Coleman - Fortunately I only need to score 2 here because it will be ugly.  Just hoping to tread water and catch some lightning in a bottle with the rooks.  I do think Coleman emerges in SF.  Only need to start two.

WR: Hill, Cooper, Ridley, McLaurin, Brown, Anderson, Samuel - This group is gong to be fun and will take care of any leftover flex spots.

TE: Ertz, Howard, and oh yeah...Gronk is BACK BABY! - Spent a 6th, 14th, and 27th to get top their production.  Felt like I got lucky with Ertz in the 6th compared to Kittle in the 3rd.  I think the massive QB run had something to do with this.  Howard may get traded and Brady Gronk will flourish with Evan and Godwin demanding attention.

K: Elliot, Slaye - meh...don't score much so I didn't want to spend much here.

Def: NE, KC, Tenn, Jax - Scoring made 4 a no brainer and I strongly considered a 5th.  How crazy is the D scoring?  Worst week for these 4 last year was 0, 1, 5, and 7.  Best week 6, 24, 28, and 39.  Not sure what flex Ref got in the 17th and 20th round that will be adding 15, 25, or 35 pts a week over the 19-2=17 position players he's already rostered.
I expected Swift to go first, I was wrong.  CEH to the Chefs is a nice consolation prize.  

QB: Wilson, Ryan, Wentz, Trubisky/Foles - It's Superflex baby!  Wanted to be posting two 20+ pt scores a week.  Wasn't thrilled about Wilson in the freaking second, but didn't want to be on the outside looking in.  Honestly it didn't hurt that much as Wilson/AmariCooper > Julio/Tannehill.  Added Tribisky/Foles late to secure a 4th QB.  I think I'll get more benefit than an 8th WR.

RB: Swift. Montgomery, CEH, Henderson, Scott, Coleman - Fortunately I only need to score 2 here because it will be ugly.  Just hoping to tread water and catch some lightning in a bottle with the rooks.  I do think Coleman emerges in SF.  Only need to start two.

WR: Hill, Cooper, Ridley, McLaurin, Brown, Anderson, Samuel - This group is gong to be fun and will take care of any leftover flex spots.

TE: Ertz, Howard, and oh yeah...Gronk is BACK BABY! - Spent a 6th, 14th, and 27th to get top their production.  Felt like I got lucky with Ertz in the 6th compared to Kittle in the 3rd.  I think the massive QB run had something to do with this.  Howard may get traded and Brady Gronk will flourish with Evan and Godwin demanding attention.

Def: NE, KC, Tenn, Jax - Scoring made 4 a no brainer and I strongly considered a 5th.  How crazy is the D scoring?  Worst week for these 4 last year was 0, 1, 5, and 7.  Best week 6, 24, 28, and 39.  Not sure what flex Ref got in the 17th and 20th round that will be adding 15, 25, or 35 pts a week over the 19-2=17 position players he's already rostered.
This season so better happen.  Stoked about this team.

QB - Still loaded with four starts.  Big points.

RB - Small downgrade for Swift, huge upgraded for CEH.  With Brieda gone Coleman gets and upgrade.  I think he's posts more points than Mosert.  Just need two.

WR - Draft didn't impact any of these guys.

TE - Still the best int he league.

K - Still worst in the league

D - Still best or second best in the league

3.05 Dak Prescott QB6 DAL
4.06 Aaron Rodgers QB11 GB
6.06 Sam Darnold QB24 NYJ
16.06 Derek Carr QB30 LV

1.05 Saquon Barkley RB3 NYG
5.05 Todd Gurley RB16 ATL
9.05 Kerryon Johnson RB28 DET
11.05 Kareem Hunt RB33 CLE
17.05 Tony Pollard RB43 DAL
21.05 Justice Hill RB54 BAL

2.06 DeAndre Hopkins WR5 AZ
8.06 DeVante Parker WR24 MIA
10.06 Marquise Brown WR34 BAL
13.05 Will Fuller WR41 HOU
15.05 Sammy Watkins WR51 KC
20.06 Preston Williams WR63 MIA
23.05 DeSean Jackson WR72 PHI
26.06 Kelvin Harmon WR83 WAS

7.05 Mark Andrews TE4 BAL
14.06 Jonnu Smith TE19 TEN
18.06 Irv Smith TE23 MIN

12.06 49ers DST2 SF
19.05 Broncos DST15 DEN
24.06 Browns DST24 CLE
27.05 Bengals DST28 CIN

22.06 Mason Crosby PK16 GB
25.05 Michael Badgley PK20 LAC
Draft not a big impact on this team - probably more up than down.

Carr probably locked in as the Week 1 starter in Vegas and better yet got a ton of shiny new toys to play with. If we redo this draft today he goes seven or eight rounds higher.

I figured my best case was leaving the draft with the Fins' #1/3 WRs with #2/3 more likely. Inexplicably I still have their top 2. Tua's the real deal and Fitz isn't afraid to let 'er rip so QB isn't a big concern. D-Jax gets some nine-route competition but given how barren that corps was to begin with they can still both eat.

No new threats to any of my young TEs, not that the 2020 draft crop should have anyone looking over their shoulder.

Only one downside and it's a doozy - the Kerryon Experiment appears to be over in Detroit. Muted impact since I got him well below ADP to begin with but still stings. Hill goes from backup to afterthought in BAL but whatever, it's an RB6.

Way above average at QB and DST which in this format should cover up whatever other holes I have. Best of luck all.

RB - Small downgrade for Swift, huge upgraded for CEH.  With Brieda gone Coleman gets and upgrade.  I think he's posts more points than Mosert.  Just need two.

I love the Snell pick  :lmao: .  Can you analyze that pick for us?

Can't wait for this league to kick off.

LEAGUE STANDINGS

FRANCHISEPFAVG PF

BassNBrew984.42246.1

By The Sea Wannabe926.36231.6

Mr. I912.62228.2

Old Mil870.94217.7

Bro1ncos867.94217.0

Duckboy856.96214.2

Drunken Slob785.46196.4

Stephen Holloway784.44196.1

Shadowfax761.48190.4

Stinkin Ref754.38188.6

Through week 6 ...

Code:
LEAGUE STANDINGS
FRANCHISE	PF	AVG PF
BassNBrew	1436.78	239.5
Bro1ncos	1344.38	224.1
BTSW		1306.50	217.8
Duckboy		1287.44	214.6
Mr. I		1276.04	212.7
Old Mil		1209.42	201.6
Holloway	1169.96	195.0
Stinkin Ref	1151.00	191.8
Shadowfax	1121.56	186.9
Drunken Slob	1118.58	186.4

I'm razor thin at TE and close to taking donut each week.

This week CEH's 13 pts isn't making my starting lineup and I have two RBs left to play.  They will have to clear 14 pts to help out.

Trade you my week of a bunch of guys doing a great job of being mediocre at the same time. Baker excludeded.

Users who are viewing this thread